Womens Running

TIME TRAVEL THURSDAY DIVAS (Read 16 times)

MA runner girl

Can it be 8/28 please? Smile

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

MA runner girl

RR: I'm not sure... I have 3 more runs on the schedule (6-7,3,9-10) for the week, and 4 days to do them in. Tonight I need to pack, tomorrow we are going to Newport early and I'm not positive I'll fit it in, Saturday and Sunday I can definitely get a run in at the beach. So I need to do either 6-7 or 3 tonight. I guess I'll see how much time I have. Maybe I'll go after C is in bed...

NRR: Going to be a busy day! I kinda wish I wasn't working so I could pack! So much to do, and of course I was too tired last night to do anything. Should be a fun beach weekend in Newport! I'm hoping that when C gets up at 6am a few days my FIL, who is a super early morning person, can chill with him and I can get some more sleep!

Off to work... ummm these next 2 weeks are probably gonna drag, huh?

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

SassySparky

MA - I hope you can fit everything in! It's always hard to pack for weekends away, I hate doing it, hahah!

RR: About to do ST.

RR2: I think my Garmin 305 is nearing the end. It sometimes won't turn on (have to do the re-set thing) and then has trouble locking in to the base and communicating with Garmin Connect. Part of me wants it to die so I can get the new Garmin 610 ... it's so expensive but it's a touch screen!

NRR: Work and home! I'm working on training a new undergrad who will be working in our lab this fall. It will be nice to give him some of my easy responsibilities and free me up for more reading/thinking when I'm at work. G finally started playing with me again (he was ignoring me since Sunday!) and we went on a nice walk together while Big D cleaned up after dinner. Toddlers are fickle!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

POrun

Happy Thursday!!!!!

RR: Tonight is a tri run workout. I never know what we're doing until I get there, but they incorporate yoga and weights at the end of the workouts.

NRR: DH is in MN for one more night. He cooks all of our meals (seriously, all of them), so I really miss him and don't eat nearly as well when he's gone. I'll be glad to have him back tomorrow! Ugh, even though my voice is getting stronger, I'm so frustrated that I still have an issue almost 6 months post surgery. I had a manager confirm yesterday that it could hold me back in my career if I can't figure out how to compensate for it... I knew that would be the case, but it's sad to have it confirmed.

MA: How did your meeting go?  I hope you get your run in!

Sassy: I just got the newest Garmin, 910XT (for tri training), and while it was expensive, it's soooo much nicer than the Garmin 405 was! I'm sure the 610 will be a huge improvement over the 305 too!

Have a great day ladies!

OJewel

Morning!

MA- good luck packing! I think your run plan is good with the 2 beach runs. Hope you can fit that third one in. what half are you running this fall?

sassy- glad you got some good time with G! I hope the new undergrad picks it all up quickly. Uhh I have the same problem with my garmin 310. I might need to google the 610 today...

RR- did 7 this morning.

NRR- just working and party prepping! Might go shopping after work for something to wear this weekend and also for a gift for my mom. we'll see what I get done today at work.

have a great day!

taylorma1

MA-congrats on your decision. That sounds like such a good move for you. And so cool that you want to be a math teacher in the future. What extra education will that require?

Sassy-undergrads are great people to give that extra work to. Glad G is finally liking you again lol

RR: not sure yet. Didn't sleep well at all last night, so slept in and skipped my run this morning. Might do it tonight or might just call it a rest day

NRR: just school until 2, then maybe exploring the city or hiking a little. Another beautiful day here today

OJewel

PO- cross post! Sorry you are still having issues with your voice. I'm sure it's frustrating. Have you talked to your doctor? Have a good workout tonight!

taylorma1

PO-that stinks about what might happen if you don't get your voice back. Do you do a lot of speaking at your job? What ways can you compensate for it?

jewel-what party are you prepping for?

OJewel

Taylor- glad you are enjoying your new city!

lizo_77

hi ladies!

RR: did a bike warm up, run cool down, and womens health workout inbetween. It all took about 40 minutes so a good workout.

NRR: Regular. Work, work, work, then lunch with the department to say bye to an intern who's been with us for the summer, then back to work. Having my parents over for dinner tonight so going to get out of here right at 5 to get home and clean the bathroom at least. :S I might try for some vaccuuming too. M and I are going to be gone for the weekend to his parents, so I want to get at least some cleaning done. About the job.... boss (head of region) had meeting wtih me yesterday and gave me more info about the promotion and ownership options. With the raise (trust me it's a lot) I'm leaning towards staying. The whole point is I enjoy my job, but I knew/ know I wasn't being compensated adequately for it. I think the company did too. Anywhoooo.... will keep you all posted!

Sassy: sorry about the dying garmin! I had to do the jump a while back. M got me the 610 for christmas last year.

Po: that's awesome that your DH is the cook in your house! Smile hang in there while he's still gone.

MA: 8/28 will arrive in no time! hang in there!

jewel: good luck with the party prep!

taylor: sorry about the not too great sleep last night.

will try and be back later!

SassySparky

PO - I thought about just getting the Forerunner 10, but have heard that it's not the best for picking up satellites. I haven't had major issues with the 305 I just think it's getting old (got it in 2009). That's really sad what your manager said about your voice - I really dont think that should be the case.

Jewel - nice on 7, that's what I did yesterday! Are you training for another marathon?

Taylor - enjoy exploring the city!

Lizo - so do you like the 610? I'm glad you are getting some good offers from your current company. Good luck making the decision!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

melrunner

Good morning girls!!!!

TRiR: 8 miles tonight after work.

NtriR: working then getting ready for the weekend. Brother leaves today. W had a nice dinner last night. I'm not really close to him so it's weird...

PO DH cooks daily too. Hah!!!

Jewel, god luck with the partying and planning! Great job with the run.

MA what did your boss say?

lizo wow nice offer.

melrunner

PO that stinks about what your boss said.  I'm dying for the newest garmin because its so accurate with the swims!!!

Taylor, have you started school yet?

Sassy, have a good day!

taylorma1

Meli-yep started on Tursday

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: Got in 8 today, and I got out of bed at 5:45, so that's a step in the right direction. I've been taking Fay out with me first thing as a warm-up mile, then feeding her before I leave for my own run. It's working out well, because I need the warm-up. I don't think she liked it when I'd take her out when I got back and I'd be hauling ass and she just woke up. ST tonight.

NRR: Going into the office today. BOO  but I got easily distracted here yesterday when a house across the street got torn down...but then it was all this racket from the backhoe and trucks, etc. Also my best friend called last night.. and let me just say that I love her to death but sometimes I want to slap her upside the face and say "Take some responsibility for your actions!"  Whew okay.

Lizo - That is really great news that your boss realizes the value you bring to your job!

PO - Well that sucks about your voice. When can you get something down about it? (I think I remember you saying something about having to wait a year post-op?)

MA - Uhh yeah I think these will be the longest two weeks of your life. Big grin

Sassy - Thank goodness G decided to be nice to you again. :P  Sounds great with the undergrad..I'd like someone to act like a personal assistant for me, too.

Jewel - Any idea on what you're getting your mom?

Taylor - Do you have an RA or TA for this program?

Mel - To be honest, I wasn't really aware you had a brother. Hopefully it's not too awkward.