Womens Running

YAHOO its FRIYAY! (DAILIES) (Read 18 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Hello Friday!!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

18.2 for me!

AWESOME run today! EXCEPT...I ran into my first spider web of the season.  Bug season is here. Hahaha. No, really - great run. I woke up starving so I had a few spoonfuls of peanut butter. I haven't had to do that in a while but I didn't want to run into a fuel issue halfway through. 53 when I started..was going to get down to 46 by the time I was done. I went with shorts - that was the right call Smile Had to SPEED home around mile 13 because I had to use the bathroom . Glad its done!

BUSY weekend coming up. All the bridesmaids are meeting me at Davids Bridal for dress fittings then we are going to brunch. My sister in law is staying the night because she wants a break form Emerson. LOL. Totally understand. Sunday, I am meeting my parents for dinner and then next week is crazy with travel and evening plans. We are out of town next weekend. Its going to be crazy! My head is spinning. All good things!

Question - what do you think is a reasonable amount to spend on wedding invitations? This should be interesting.

Karen – Awesome on the dog training. What kind of dog training is it? With a collar?

Tessa – Thought of you this morning. Saw some action on my run. 5 cop cars, 2 black suburban’s, a firetruck and ambulance. HMMMM. Well, I hope your car lasts a while! Anything fun planned for the weekend? Hope you were able to get a run in this morning!

Lori – Aw, sorry about the work situation ☹ You are right though – a lot can change before September. I will keep my fingers crossed!

Lisa – Big smile on my face when I read about you and your “guy”. 😊 I LOVE IT!

Happy Friyay!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Oh Sandy, how did everything go last night?

Seloc

Quick pop in since I'm awake already.  Thanks to a pukey kit kat.  Grrrrr.  Actually maintenance went relatively well and I was home by 11pm.  But dang those boys need to light a fire under their bootys.  I have NO interest in chit chatting and effing around at those hours.  I just want to get the work done and get out of there!!  I kept putting them back on task and I must have sounded impatient because my boss was IMing me to "be nice".  Eye.  Roll.  Whatever, it's done.

Karen - yes!  Super less stressed about Glass City.  A half is sooooooooooooooooo much more manageable.  Of course I am still out of shape and it will be uber slow (maybe a PW) but at least not painful.  Oh, and I'm saying this part in a whisper - my booty no longer hurts.  must be allllllllllllll the rest.  Your arm must be tired from throwing tennis balls!!

Lizzie - great run!  Sorry for the spider web and bathroom issue.  I hope HCFs overnight work went well!  That sounds like a FUN weekend!  I totally get the head spinning with everything going on but in a good way!!  No decision on a fall marathon.  Haven't fully decided if I'll do one.  I feel like I should since it'll give me something to do.  But, who knows.  Oh yeah on the car.  I'll get that.  You dont worry your pretty little head.  This is YOUR weekend!!  

Heading to Yoga Sculpt at 9am.  Will shoot for 12 tomorrow.  It's going to be a chilly weekend!  Highs in the 30s tomorrow.  Paths are still in great shape since we haven't had any precip but the big ol dirty piles of snow are still hanging around.  No plans for the weekend at all and basketball isn't on until the evenings.  Happy to be back in a reading mood!!  TGIF in a big ol way this week.

Happy Friyay!!

Ended up taking a rest day when my guy talked me into breakfast out before work vs the gym.  Oh well... will call the activity cross training and I'll get the miles this weekend! Working from home today and will skip out early to go to an afterwork thing with A before he flies down to Memphis to visit with his 93 year old mom.

Tessa-Yes. we didn't exactly run together since you started earlier than us. Hope you make it out for the morning run!

Lizzie-Wow... just wow on the morning run. Have fun with the weekend of bridesmaids! My DD made her own which probably netted out to more than having them made LOL No help though on cost from me.

Lisa

Anonymous Guest

Heading out in a bit for 7 miles. After throwing the ball a million times for the little one of course. They were so well behaved last night though! And by well behaved, I mean sleeping. Kettlebells this afternoon.

Lori, I'm sorry about the work situation, that sounds stressful.

Liz, sweet run this morning. Great way to end a successful first week on the new jo and start out a fun weekend. On the dog training, he uses the e-collar for off leash training, but we're nowhere close to that. My boys need basic training first, which is surprisingly affordable ($800 per dog, usually about two weeks). Invitations - absolutely no idea. I got mine 25 years ago. Plus my dad owned a print shop, so we got them at cost. And I didn't even know what they cost at the time.

Sandy, glad it went well last night!

Lisa, sometimes breakfast out is the right call. Who am I kidding, when is that not the right call?

I have plans this weekend, which is probably for the best since I've been home alone all week, but I'm kinda liking being alone. Group run tomorrow morning, pool party tomorrow afternoon/evening, 10 mile race on Sunday.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Seloc

Lizzie - car secured!!  

LC Runs

Happy Friyay!

7.3 for me this morning.  I felt good the first 5 but then I started feeling tired and kind of nauseous which is weird for me.  I was probably overdressed as it warmed up like 10 degrees from start to finish.  Oh well, it is done.  I need to do a double digit run this weekend, GC is in a month!!!

LIzzie - WOW on your run this morning!  I enjoy looking at your Strava maps, there is a lot going on!!  So glad the job is going well, enjoy the travel next week.  It definitely does make the days go by faster.  Do you get mileage reimbursement?  Sounds like a fun weekend!  I am no help with the invites since my wedding was 27 years ago (OMG). Lisa and Sue might have a good idea since they've been in or planning weddings recently!

Sandy - yay for getting home fairly early!  I will run with you at GC, I am in no way going to have a PR.  Enjoy your day...we are supposed to get snow overnight, ugh!!

Lisa - I think breakfast sounds better than the gym, at least every so often!

Karen - your weekend sounds fun!  Have a good 7!

Have to go to the grocery store in a bit, we are out of everything (well mainly coffee creamer which is a must have lol).  Dogs are at the groomers and I have a few little errands to run.  NO major weekend plans, I am going to a friend's surprise 50th party tomorrow night.  It starts at 6 pm so this granny will be home by 9 I'm sure !!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I am off today.  Have 7 miles while hubby does his follow up MRI.

Liz, I had to stop and think that not everybody has bugs or spider webs all year long, except us down here in Summerland.  Enjoy the dress fitting.

Sandy, ha.  Who wants to chit chat at work that late?  I mean, unless there is a party or alcohol involved, lol.

Lisa, sorry about the unplanned rest day.

Karen, enjoy the 7.

Laura, enjoy the party!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, great run!!!  Sounds like a busy weekend indeed!  No help with the invitations.

Sandy, watched the Mariners of all things yesterday!  I saw that the Twins got Nelson Cruz.  Bummer, I liked him.

Lisa, breakfast with the honey beats the gym any day!

Karen, hope the pool party is fun, our weather is supposed to be rainy tomorrow.  Have fun at your Sunday race, I assume it is local.

Laura, totally get the creamer need!  I think I am going to make a grooming appointment for my beasts soon as they are kinda scruffy.

Damaris, I take it you got the insurance worked out?  Hope the MRI is good, obviously...

Short and slow 4, wasn't in the mood (who me?) for more.  Better than the couch.

Camera came yesterday and played with it a bit.  Ordered pretty neck straps for them which came today.  Overcast which is fine, but it is breezy which makes it harder to go to the gardens for pictures.  Maybe the zoo.

Schedule came out for work, seems someones intel on the doctors was off, they are still scheduled, though with question marks...

Errands and photos for the day.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Sandy – Oh! Glad you didn’t have to be out too late! HCF got home probably around 4am. The doorbell prompted me someone came home and then I saw a car leaving the cul-de-sac (he was dropped off). I kept my light off so they didn’t see me, hehe 😊 He actually has to do this every night for the next WEEK!! Unreal. His boss is dumb and an ass. UNDERSTAND about the chit chat! When I would get calls at 2am at my last job, they would want to talk. NO. LOL at your boss. Hope you had a good yoga class! Good luck on the 12 tomorrow. I won’t say how warm it is going to be here today and tomorrow…close to 80. My God..people are going to see my ghostly skin! LOL. THANK YOU SO MUCH for getting the car! I may slip some money in your suitcase 😊

Lisa – YAY for breakfast instead of workout 😊 Have fun at the after work thing!

Karen – AHH, okay. Ruger has the collar and did the off leash training. HCF isn’t as strict with it as he should be so Liz has to be the enforcer. Ruger behaves with me but not with him. Funny how that works. $800 is very affordable..I think the off leash training was around $2500. TOTALLY WORTH IT..but expensive. Hope you had a good run and the boys kept up their streak 😊 A pool party and a race?! Smile When I went to the store today, I got Dutch Chocolate Blue Bell and Cookies and Cream!!! YYUUUMMMM!!

Laura – Nice run today! I felt nauseous on my run the other morning, too. It came out of nowhere. Can you believe GC is a month away?! I can’t! YAY for a low key weekend. I feel like you don’t get enough of those 😊

Docket – Let us know about the hubby! I hope everything is okay.

Kathryn – Have a great time testing out the new camera! Interesting about the work schedule…

Slow day over here. Did some training this morning and then my trainer took off for the afternoon (she wasn't feeling well). My boss is off today, too. So my trainer told me to go and take it easy and to enjoy the quiet because its not going to last long Smile I should be on my own beginning sometime early next week. My boss is the one who has to "release" my sites to me so since she was off today, hopefully Monday! They said I am ready and feel comfortable with me taking the job on head first! They keep giving me compliments about how well I am doing and how quick I am picking things up. I am going to toot my own horn because MAMMEL never did. Smile

Oh, the invitations...ugh. So, I had a very unique idea for the invites. Guess the cost..$900!!!!! But of course now I have seen the proof and am in LOVEEE. I am trying to justify paying that much but I don't think I can, ha.

Have a good afternoon everyone!

Seloc

Lizzie - woohoo for being a smarty pants and diving into this new job!! Just think - this THIS is what was waiting for you when those others didn't work out.  You are ROCKIN it!!  I know less than nothing about invites but hey, you only get married once, and money is replaceable so why not??  Ooof on a whole week of nights for HCF.  That has got to be harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd.  I hate hate the late nights/early mornings mostly because it messes with my workout schedule.  Ya know, now that I'm sorta working out again.    80*?!!  Dayam, girl.  Kinda jealous.  But I was wrong and there WILL be bball on tomorrow.  Plus I have books to read.  Oh, and beer to drink hee hee. Nope - you don't get to pay for the car.  Like I said, it is CHEAP and I get miles.  I'll let ya buy me a beer though.  

Kat - fun on the camera!  And, way to get out there today when you didn't wanna.  That's extra points in my book.  Hmmm, I best look up who this Cruz guy is.  I'm still on college bball and haven't really switched over to full on baseball yet.  Weird about the doctors at work.  Hope that means your schedule doesn't get messed with.  Hope you had a nice day of picture taking!!

Damaris - ya, right??  On a work call after 10pm IN the office so no alcohol involved.  It's like wrangling 10 year old boyz that are always distracted and trying to crack stoopid jokes.  Hope you enjoy a lovely day off.  Enjoy the 7 and good luck to hubby!

Laura - nice 7 but oof on the tired and nauseous.  Maybe underfueled? Did you miss out on a good dinner last night?  I may be speaking from experience - oops.  Oh man - did you see Ginny's post on FB about the grocery?  Cracked me up!!  Need everything, come home and still need to order take out.  I swear, walking through those doors erases my brain cells.  Have a great double digit run this weekend and enjoy the relaxation!  Sounds like none of the kids are in sports at the mo'?

Karen - I may not recognize you at GC with your bulging biceps from throwing tennis balls.  Your babies LOVE you!!  And I love hearing all their stories.  Sounds like a fun weekend!  Pool party?!!  Color me jealous!!  Though I *could* get a suntan right now all bundled up.  You are a racing machine!!  Good luck on Sunday!!

Lisa - sounds like the best kind of "cross training" out there!  hee hee.  Totally worth it.  What's one day at the gym in the grand scheme of things, anyway.  93?!  Damn that's some good genes.  Indian?  Just ignore me if that's being too nosy.  Enjoy the trails and books and sisters and Fireball this weekend.

Yoga was fantastic.  Man, I don't know what it is but it makes me feel SOOOO good.  I've been liking it more than I ever thought.  I was worried about the heat (90*-95* in this class) but it really helps with the flexibility.  Will try to go two more times before my free week is up and then strongly considering buying a punch card.  But, dang it's sorta spendy.  Works out to a little less than $20/class.  Trying to justify that.

Anywho - my last call was canceled, my brain is fried and gramma is TIRED.  Might be logging off a touch early today...

Docket_Rocket

Slow day over here. Did some training this morning and then my trainer took off for the afternoon (she wasn't feeling well). My boss is off today, too. So my trainer told me to go and take it easy and to enjoy the quiet because its not going to last long Smile I should be on my own beginning sometime early next week. My boss is the one who has to "release" my sites to me so since she was off today, hopefully Monday! They said I am ready and feel comfortable with me taking the job on head first! They keep giving me compliments about how well I am doing and how quick I am picking things up. I am going to toot my own horn because MAMMEL never did. Smile

Nice

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Seloc

Oops - reread this and thought "this may not be true" so I want to modify it to say "you only get married FIRST once".

Hope I didn't offend anyone!!  This single, never been married chic didn't mean to for SURE.  Peace out...

Lizzie -  know less than nothing about invites but hey, you only get married once, and money is replaceable so why not?? 

Bikerchick1

Finally back from NZ...what an adventure!!!!  Tho the jet lag and cough/cold/allergies I picked up are kicking my butt!

Laura/Sandy - Count me in on a slow HM....but soooo glad I’m not trying to slog thru the full!

Lizzie - I take it there is a new job for .you!!!  That is great Smile.  Happy for you!  How is HCF feeling/doing with his recovery?

Lisa - Breakfast with A, sounds much better then gym Smile. I’m so happy for you!

Karen - I was thinking of you and all your “extroveerting” that you do as an introvert, when we were on our trip.  We were with 45 people pretty much all day, every day...they were delightful people, but by the end...I was done extroverting...LOL.

Kat - New camera????  What kind??? Your pictures are already amazing!

Damarias - Good luck on MRI for hubby!

Ran 8 with RB this morning...was nice weather and luckily I didn’t cough up a lung 

Cant believe so close to GC!!!!

Carol