Womens Running

Meeting Monday (Read 20 times)

Kilmisters

Lots of interesting stuff happening.

* After yesterday's game we know our play-off opponents. Also, one of their leaders dislocated her shoulder yesterday, in a totally meaningless game and absolutely innocent situation (she tripped and fell on her shoulder; when I first saw the video I thought - injury from this? - but then noticed the angle of shoulder... and... ouch). That's absolutely awful timing/way to get injured and I feel for her even if it improves our chances.

* 14:30-17:00 (!!) meeting today, which involves CEO, CFO and other highly ranked people. Goal? Avoid huge f---ups Big grin

* I have been handed project lead for something that covers all countries of our company, not only Latvia. WHAT. Essentially developing unified methodology for two concepts. Initially when I was told it would be a project group I thought - ok, maybe few people, sure, but today I got email w this: ''team from every country, including BG, maybe PL.'' So - Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Bulgaria, Poland. Omg. Panicking? No. This introvert is not panicking!!! (!!!!!!!)

.. (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

9.2 for me. Going to abs class later this afternoon.

Good run but my legs were just dragging. I think its from a tough Body Pump class yesterday plus moving furniture around. It was a nice 40 degrees! Tried waking up an hour later and it will work perfectly Smile YAY!

I am off today. Using my "floater" so I don't lose it. We got the office all ready to go yesterday so I want to go to Home Goods to get some accents Smile That's all I have planned today. Ready to get this last week with Mammel over with! I guess they are throwing me a going away party on Wednesday. We are going to a sushi place. That was nice! Smile

Run4kupcakes - Wow, congrats on the race! Sorry that it was slower than you wanted. So, wait. They have a race at BWI airport?!

Docket - Nice job on the 20! I feel like a lot of us are doing our first 20 milers..geez are we all running the same marathon or something? Wink Hope you had a blast last night!

Laura - Woohoo! Nice job on the double races yesterday! Aw, I hope the kid was okay? YAY for a refund!!! Do you do them online or go to someone to do them? HCF always has someone do them but they charge him $300! I told him I would do them online Smile

Cathy - You need to get someone in your house to disinfect. LOL. Did DH get sick? Woohoo!!! Nice runs over the weekend!! I need to go stalk them. Yay for 12+! I have to be honest, I would have gone for the half marathon Smile I think you could probably still do a peak week. Your legs are probably nice and fresh!! HCF heard from one of his friends in Milwaukee yesterday, they were so excited because they were able to sit outside and have a fire Smile

Kilmisters - Oh boy, so you weren’t lying when you said you are going to be having a stressful week at work. I can’t say I wouldn’t be panicking..but I would. You got this though!! Ouch on your opponents leader!

Karen - I can’t wait to hear about the conference! OMG..that workout!!! Nice job but GEEZ! Thats tough. Especially after a long weekend. Rest day well deserved. I hope you had pizza last night.

Happy Monday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Hi everybody. I need to read last week's dailies to see what everyone is up to. I've been slacking.... clearly.

Anyway,  I had a high mileage weekend to prepare for the 24 hour (high mileage for me anyway).  6 miles on Friday,  8.1 on Saturday and 22.2 on Sunday with 47ish for the week. It was supposed to be 24 miles but I didn't feel like doing the last 2 miles. I would have had to walk those anyway.  None of my paces are very encouraging so I will probably be after the cutoff at Glass City but hopefully only by a few minutes. As for the 24 hour I don't know if I can hit my A goal but I should still get some decent miles if I can keep my inevitable blisters to a minimum.

Hubby and I went to a curling clinic yesterday. It was fun. But considering I just cannot get into a lunge I threw my rocks standing up. They gave us old people the option of using a stick thingie to attach to the rock to throw down the ice. Hubby was able to do it the traditional way. Lol. Anyway like I said,  it was fun

Oh... and I bought new shoes last week.  A new pair of desperately needed road shoes and a new paiir of trail shoes that were too much on sale to pass up even though I didn't need THOSE.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

YESTERDAY:

8am, one of my two techs calls out, leaving me with the sweetest, but SLOWEST tech on earth.  Leaves the head tech in the back and another SLOW back tech.  The back ones care for hospitalized pets.

60-90 minutes behind from the start until about 4pm.  Front desk turned away tons of walk ins.

4pm, first night tech doesn't show.  Head tech calls office manager, gets a super weird vibe.

5pm, next night tech doesn't show.

5:30, fill in tech show up.  WHAT?  Says he was called FRIDAY to fill in.  ????

6pm, another fill in tech shows up.  Another call to the office manager.  She will explain in a sec.

6:05, OM explains that the entire night crew, including the doctor, are "under investigation."  No idea what for, no explanation.

(About this time my already fragile mood falls apart.)

I have been told there is a night doctor coming in at 8pm.  At 8:15, no dr.  OM finally reaches our medical director and he is on his way.

8:45, I had to euthanize the sweetest looking small pup for a likely toxin exposure - she was seizing non-stop.  Her name was Petunia.  One of my dogs is named Petunia and is very similar.  It broke my heart.  (I went home and gave extra puppy hugs/kisses.)

13 hours after I got there (with NO BREAK), I left, exhausted.  (I made it very clear at the end, NO more 12 hour shifts, NONE.)

So, the already screwed up place I work is now an even HUGER cluster fuck.  Zero idea what is going to happen.

That was my day.  Today it is flipping freezing out (47, woe is me) and I am spent.

Elina, congrats on the project - that means they really value you and your abilities.

Lizzie, enjoy your day off and have fun getting stuff for the office.

Lori, scoring on a pair of sale shoes is always nice.

Sorry no personals from the weekend.

Best to you all.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I took today off work (I have use/lose and I don’t wait until December to start taking those Smile ). I am here at the spa getting a massage at 10 and I have 5 tonight.

I checked my work emails before coming here and read my big boss (not my awesome boss but the one above him) had a heart attack this morning and has a 100% blockage in one artery. He will be out for a month. Poor man wanted to retire this year and I guess being boss of ywo regions and 12 offices takes its toll?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Seloc

Ah Monday, you come too soon.  But hopefully this will be a normal week – ready to be back into a routine.  Crud is still hanging around but feeling decent.  A little over 8 on Saturday and just about 4ish this morning.  I’m out of shape!  19* and sunshine on Saturday was GLORIOUS.  I had to tiptoe through most intersections full of ice and the paths were horrible but it was good to be out and not freezing to death.

Lots of resting and bball watching this weekend.  Also managed to find two dresses for upcoming weddings so felt pretty productive there.  Supposed to be almost 50* on Thursday and 60* on Saturday!  If that happens, you will find me sunbathing on the patio.  We haven’t seen 50* since Nov 1st.  Hopefully the snow will be about gone, too.  Still have 4-5inches plus the big piles.  I’m also ready to do some spring cleaning!  I’ve gots the fever!

Cathy – thanks for the book recs!  I finished Fallout and about halfway through An Unwanted Guest.  The Perfect Girl is ready for pickup at the library – they only had it in physical format.  Fallout was interesting.  Did your DD have a bunch of questions?  I would have!  An Unwanted Guest is REALLY good – I didn’t want to put it down last night.  Nice running outside!  Amazing that 20* and sunshine feels so wonderful.  Sorry for all the sickness.   Hope everyone is on the mend!

Karen – I forgot to mention last week…  I watched Bohemian Rhapsody on the airplane and LOVED it!  I want to watch it again because I feel like I missed parts with a noisy airplane engine.  Also watch Tag but fell asleep at the end.  It was cute.  LOVED A Star Is Born and that is now my new favorite song.

Laura – thought of you yesterday when I was watching Mich vs Mich State.  I forget which side you are on haha.  Nice running this weekend!  Glad you have avoided the flooded basement so far!  With it still freezing overnight, it’s slowed the melt to a more manageable level.  I heard we still lost an inch of snow yesterday and it wasn’t even above freezing with that lovely warm March sun.

Kat – were you able to get all the laundries done?  Your weather sounds lovely!  I love HH, too.  I actually love day drinking the best haha.  That way it doesn’t screw up your sleep!  OMG your DAY!  I am so sorry.

Damaris – 20 on the dreadmill will never cease to amaze me.  Hope you had fun at the concert last night!  WOOHOO on day off and a MASSAGE.  Enjoy!  Oh no – so sorry about big boss guy.

HCK – congrats on the race!  Hilly is harrrrrrrrrrd.

Elina – we were mileage twins this weekend – woot woot!  But pouring rain sounds kinda mizz.  Oh dear on the silly coworker planning to run a marathon in 2 months.  March Madness baby!  My FAVORITE time of year.  I like basketball more than hockey *ducks for cover*.  Exciting about the new project.  No doubt you are up for the task.

Lizzie – yay for sleeping in!  Yay for a great run!  Yay for new office!   Yay for sushi going away party on Wednesday!  Lots of ‘yays’ in your world!!  Exciting!!

Lori – fun on the curling.  I haven’t tried it. There’s a club not too far from me that has beginner events.  That is some SERIOUS mileage!  WTG!  And hooray for new shoes!

Man, sicknesses hitting hard around here.  3 people emailed out just in the time it took me to write this.  Stay healthy everyone!!

I am so swamped today!!

Yesterday was 5 miles + mowing that huge yard!!  I was beat. We took Skye to the new house Saturday and Sunday.  Within 5 minutes she pooped on the floor.  Good thing we were planning to rip out the carpet in that room. She loves zooming in the big back yard.

Group Power class this morning.  I am dragging.

Lots to catch up on after being gone a week + all the new house stuff.  We ripped out the carpets and cleaned floors, moved some stuff.

Elina--congrats!

Damaris--yikes! Hope boss will be ok.

Kat--sorry about the tough weekend duty.

Later!!

Kilmisters

Liz, hey, moving furniture around is heck of a strength workout! So, you like sushi?

Sandy, basketball over hockey? How dare you!? Smile Transatlantic out-of-shape mileage buddy high-five 

Lori, uhm, 47mi week counts as slacking off? No way! Nice LR!

Damaris, enjoy your day off! I'm a little jealous Smile

Kat, ugh, sounds like you need some anger/frustration release after that super long shift... There are rooms in UK where you pay approx 30 pounds can just demolish everything for half an hour. That concept would come in handy after such days.

I would say meeting went quite ok. There are three (!!!!) other ones re: this topic this week (!!). Altho, if all of them will be as productive as today, I don't mind. The one Friday, tho, 9:30am... I have late floorball practice the eve before and boss won't be able to attend, so I will be the only one from our side... and probably half asleep Big grin

I hadn't planned any running today, but that 2.5h meeting, well... My brain has stopped working and the only way to change it is fresh air for 30 minutes or so.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Kats, your work situation sounds really awful.   I hope it straightens out.

Saturday was SDO

Sunday Buddy and I did 70 minutes early in the morning. I was well padded up and it was a good thing because the temp was 26° the whole time. There were 2 walkers and 1 runner on the trail. We heard lots of birds. They were all a-twitter. It should be somewhat warmer next week.

Today I did 50 minutes on the TM, then the last 10 minutes a good fast walk.

Happy runs, All ! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Anonymous Guest

I got a full 8 hours of sleep last night, then no workout this morning (rest day, woohoo!!!!) and I feel like a whole new person. Last week I ended up with 71 miles, so this rest day and cutback week are very much appreciated. The conference was good, I guess. A lot of it was a repeat of last year, which was okay in that I understood a lot more what was going on, but bad in that it got kinda boring. But this one was for new organizers so I think they needed to cover some of the same things as last year. I ended up only staying up there one night because DH was going to drive the van over to Austin Saturday and do a ride on Sunday, so I came home Saturday afternoon to play with the dogs, then went back up for the dinner and came back home to sleep. And then he decided not to go....sigh. Not a big deal as it's only about a 20 minute drive. And it's not like I was going to go out with them after dinner (there was apparently a lot of drinking, which gets really boring when you don't drink) anyway, but it just made a long day even longer.

DH starts his new job today, so he is in the office! I am not doing a lot today. I had to wait for our pest guy to come out for the quarterly bug treatment and also the annual termite inspection for that insurance this morning, then I went to get groceries (because yes, last night was pizza). Other than that I'm probably just going to finish my book that goes back to the library in a couple days (Educated by Tara Westover).

Laura, fun day of racing for you! Great job on the 8k. Smart to focus on that one, the 5k sounds like it would be hard to run fast with that many people.

Elina, work situation sounds kinda awesome. Obviously people have noticed your work, and the new responsibilities show that.

Liz, I like the new home office setup with the desk and TM right there in the same room. Get yourself a wireless headset and you can maybe do some conference calls and stuff walking on the TM or something. Nice run this morning. I can't believe this is your last week with mammal! Ooooh, sushi for a going away party? Nice! Yes, that workout was hard. It wouldn't have been that bad if I hadn't have already run 60 miles for the week. Lesson learned, don't leave your tempo workout until Sunday!

Cathy, nice runs this weekend! I hope that means you're feeling better.

Cathy and Sandy, I just got on the waiting list at the library for An Unwanted Guest. And downloaded Fallout. Always love me some book recs.

Lori, wow, nice mileage this weekend! I am going to message my friend that lives in the Toledo suburbs and knows the RD and has run this race many times and ask her how strict they are on the 6 hour cutoff. I'll let you know what I find out.

Kathryn, oh my gosh, what a horrible day yesterday! I would have probably broken down in tears more than once. When I took Huckle in to the vet for eating the bolt, a couple walked out while we were waiting and they both looked like they were about to cry. With no pet. Just seeing that and knowing they probably just had their pet euthanized almost made me cry. I don't know how you do it, but pet owners everywhere are very thankful for you.

Damaris, nice morning for you! Scary on your bosses boss.

Sandy, I met a woman from Ely, MN this weekend. She said you guys got way more snow than they did 4 hours to the north this year. Anyway, you sound like you're feeling better, so yay. I am married to a weirdo that doesn't like watching sports (he watches bike racing and occasionally car racing and that's it). He doesn't really get March Madness. I don't watch much basketball, and my team hasn't been any good for years (Illinois), but I can still watch hours of NCAA tourney games.

Judy, 70 minutes in 26 degrees? I'm glad you were bundled up! Nice TM run today as well.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I am in my office testing out my new space. LOVE. Went to Home Goods and got a dry erase calendar and some desk accents. I even got Ruger a little bed for under the desk Smile Thats where he kept going yesterday - now he can be cozy Smile

So, not sure what is going on...but..the Director of the account I am currently on called me (he knows I am leaving - we have a good relationship) and offered me a JOB. WTH. It was a Associate Project Management job on the same account. I do want to eventually get into Project Management but that is on a critical account. That means a lot of weekends and after hours because that is the only time work can get done. There is also a lot of hoops and processes you have to go through to even start a project. BUT...the MONEY is awesome. I told him no. I think the job I accepted is more of an opportunity. New account. Step up. Room to grow. Fresh start. FAR FAR AWAY from Mammel! I am ready for it. Had he asked me 2 weeks ago...well, that would be a different story! Everything happens for a reason though, right?

Heading to abs soon! Until then..going to be lazy!

Lori - KILLER mileage this past weekend. Wow. That is super impressive! I didn’t realize the 24 hour was so close! I mean, May is right around the corner. I saw that curling photo on FB yesterday - looked like it was fun!

Kathryn - OMG. I had to read your timeline twice just to understand. What a cluster!! Well, now I’m super intrigued about why they are under investigation! Let us know if you find out any juicy details Smile I am sorry it was so awful. I hope you are off today? HUGS. XOXO

Docket - So sorry to hear about your boss - thats exactly what HCF had. I hope he gets well soon! Enjoy your day off! It sounds awesome Smile

Sandy - Woohoo for getting out there for some miles! Nice! I saw your temps were on the rise, I was excited for you Smile There is light at the end of the tunnel! Where did you find dresses?! My mom ordered a bunch online. She thought it was easier to return them then go store to store to store. I don’t blame her. Glad you are finally starting to feel better! So excited to seeeee you soon!!

Susan - Mowing already?! Skye was just making the new house hers. Hehe. I hope you are able to get caught up on some things!

Kilmisters - I LOVE sushi!! Do they have much where you are? Glad the meeting was productive. Do you notice that a lot of meetings are NOT? I have heard of those demolish rooms!! Have a good 30 minute run Smile

Judy - I hope you did something fun on your rest day Smile I am sure you are happy to be with Sunday Buddy again! Though, I bet 26 was a little chilly for him Smile

Karen - You have the PERFECT day off planned Smile 71 miles last week? Maybe you should even skip the grocery shopping and have pizza again - haha. Jam packed weekend for you! You need some introvert time. Perfect timing with DH starting his new job today! Was he excited?? Oh yes, I plan on walking on the treadmill on calls! I am married to a weirdo that doesn’t watch sports! I like it. LOL. He only watches Greenbay Smile No other team.

Have a good afternoon!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Monday!  Rest day today and I had an early massage so I feel good.    Hard workout tomorrow morning, probably the toughest one of the training cycle, so I am psyching myself up.  

Elina, I always forget you are introverted.    You panicking?  You will do awesome.  I know it!!  My next race is the Glass City half at the end of next month!

Lizzie, nice 9!  I hope that you are enjoying the day off.  Nice that you will have a going away party!  DH avoided getting sick so far.  I am surprised.  Though all the alcohol in his system probably kills the germs!    Haha, I had in mind that I was just going to do 12.  13 seemed like such a stretch.    Lots of people getting spring fever around here.  Could you tell from Sandy's post?  

Lori, those were some nice miles for you last week!  Hopefully with decent weather and the flat course at GC you will make the cutoff!  The curling clinic sounds like fun.  I tried it for the first time myself a couple years ago.

Kat, wow, what a day you had!  I am glad that you survived that.  Rest up!

Damaris, sorry about your boss!  I guess it is good that he is OK now?

Sandy, I am glad you are feeling better!  What a way to welcome in the 50's, eh?    It was pretty glorious running outside this weekend!  Yay for finding dresses!  Surprisingly, DD did not have a lot of questions about Fallout!  She gave me the synopsis and I thought, "This is a children's book?"    I discussed some things with her as I was reading it!  We just saw Blast from the Past with the kids, do you remember that with Brendan Fraser?    Now I am reading The Space Between Words, which I think Ginny originally suggested.  It is good!

Karen, awesome mileage last week!  I don't know how you do it.    Yay for DH going to the office!    Yes, I am feeling much better!  I was a little put off at first with Unwanted Guest and the large number of characters that got introduced right away!    But they are all pretty distinct characters.   My MIL got Educated for Christmas so she will lend it to me.

Cathy

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Just missed you, Liz!  Wow on the job offer!    But it sounds like that would be a tough and stressful job for you to take now.

And getting away from Mammel = priceless.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Elina.... are you fully recovered from the concussion? Your company must have complete confidence that you can handle the responsibility. I'm sure you will have no problems.

Liz..... when it rains it pours, they say. Cool that you are getting multiple job offers.  Sounds like you made the right decision.

Kats...omg.  yes. We need the dirt on what is happening at your work. That must be very frustrating conditions to work under. I'm glad you gave your Petunia extra treats.

Damaris....I hope your big boss recovers fully. Scary stuff!

Sandy...I never got to say yet.... welcome back! I hope your vacation went well.

Sue....a new house? Exciting!

Judy.... hi!

Karen.... thanks! From what I've read on the website it's that those after 6 hours may be timed by hand? I'm not really caring about a medal but an official time should be nice. I'm kinda tired of chasing cutoffs.  And if my memory serves correct (although I could very well be confusing it with another race) there's beer at the end and so I want that. But I guess there's beer stores too be found if necessary.

Cathy... massages are always nice. Enjoy your rest day

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Seloc

Elina – LOL transatlantic high five back at ya!  But.  You, my friend, are NOT out of shape with all that floor ball nuttiness.  Hooray for a  good meeting!!

Karen – yay for rest day and cut back week and good sleep!  Silly DH with his plan changes.  Glad your conference was relatively close.  I’m with ya – even as a drinker, it gets boring being around all the other drinkers haha  How did you like Educated?  I could not get into it at the time so still haven’t read it.  Ooooh – Ely is NORTH.  And, yeah, those lucky fools got less snow this year but still plenty cold.  Man NCAA bball is just the BEST.  I do a bracket just to make it fun but always root Big10.

Lizzie – awwwww your new office mate and his cute new bed!  Wow, congrats on the job offer!  Sounds like a SMART decision to stick with what you’ve got.  He’s probably just afraid to lose you.  I would be nervous THAT transition would take foreeeeevvvvvver.  Sounds like a productive day off.  And, um, you already ran this morning so no such thing as being “lazy” before abs.  Enjoy the day off work!  I found two dresses at Old Navy.  Yes, I am FIFTY and still shop Old Navy.  They are very “spring-like” and were on sale.  One was $15 and the other $8 and shoes for $20.  Even if I just wear them once I’ll get my $$ worth haha.  Oh!  I have VA going to the finals in the tourney 

Cathy – Ooooh, good luck with the hard workout in the morning – no doubt you will CRUSH.  Okay, I had to laugh at the alcohol keeping DH from getting sick.  Not gonna lie, I tried to drink some of my sickness away haha.  Well, not really but I did keep a HH engagement on Tuesday when I was feeling especially ill cuz I figured it would help.  LOL  Yup, yup. Spring fever is going to hit HARD over the weekend!!  I will probably even run in SHORTS on Saturday!!  And, will be grinning ear to ear.   I’m so transparent.  Haha  I was thinking the SAME of Fallout – is this really YA??  Then I was mad it just ended.  I wanted to know how many other people were around!  I do not remember Blast from the Past at ALL.  Will look that up.  Will also check out the next book rec.  Oh, and TOTALLY agree with all the characters in Unwanted Guest – I didn’t think I would be able to keep track of them all but it’s been easy.

Lori – thanks – vacation was spectacular!  Beer at the end of a race is VERY important!  We will make sure you get some no matter what.

Carol – been thinking about you and your trip!  I had met this couple from IN who had done some crazy hard 14-ish mile hike in NZ the week before.  Wonder if it was the same as yours?  Looking forward to your VR (vacation report hee hee)

Busy day but got a lot done.  It’s sunny and 43* outside!  Yes, I will be the fool skipping to my car.  Later!