Womens Running

THANK GOODNESS IT'S THURSDAY DIVAS! (Read 15 times)

SassySparky

ONE MORE DAY TO THE WEEKEND. Big grin

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

SassySparky

RR: 6 miles total - 1 mile w/u , 8 x 2 minute hill repeats at tempo effort with 3 minute recovery , 1 mile c/d. It was TOUGH. The last two hill repeats were definitely not a 2 minutes long!  I'm glad that's over, I'd been dreading that workout.

RR2: I had to rearrange my training plan around a bit; this week was supposed to be cutback. I switched it with next week b/c Big D will be out of town and I didn't want to do 21 miles of running on the treadmill. Anyway ... I just realized I'm in one of my two highest volume (40 mile) weeks of this training plan! I can't believe it's already happening.  I have two lowish mileage weeks, then my other 40 mile week, then 3 weeks of taper before the race. At what point am I going to feel ready!?! Because I definitely don't yet!

NRR: The next two days are super busy in the lab with one major experiment starting (today) and another one ending (tomorrow) with all the other stuff like managing my undergrad, reading papers, and working on resubmitting a paper to a journal in between. TOnight I have to read about 10 papers to get ready for a meeting with my boss, who wants me and the and the other postdoc start working on ideas for a new grant for the lab. I'm looking forward to the weekend.

taylorma1

Sassy-great job with the workout. It does sound tough. My marathon is in a few days, and at times I feel like I am not ready for it. I am excited, but I wish I was as excited as last year when it was my first marathon and ran Chicago

RR: resting today, one mile shake out run tomorrow, and then Saturday is the marathon!

NRR: long day today, though I will have a break between about 2:30 and 6. Not sure if I should stay on campus and try and get some work done, head home for a nap, or catch up on tv shows I missed this week. Decisions, decisions lol

POrun

Happy Thursday!

RR: Running an easy workout with the tri group tonight. Race on Sunday!!!!

NRR: Lots to do this weekend! We're cat sitting for a friend, and I have a bunch of school stuff I have to do. This class has not been easy to stay motivated with since the prof keeps cancelling classes too...

Sassy: Great job on the hill repeats! I don't think you'll feel ready until you finish your last high mileage week. Don't worry, you will. I'm sure you'll still be nervous, but you'll know you can do it.

Taylor: Whoot, get ready! I hope you have a great race this weekend!

Have a great day ladies!

MA runner girl

Sassy - After you run 20 you may feel more ready. You may think "How will I run 6.2 more!?" but if you can do 20 on tired legs, then after your taper you can do 26.2.

Taylor - So excited for your marathon! What is your goal??

PO - I never got a chance to say I'm so sorry about your dad. Hugs. Good luck being productive this weekend!

RR: 3 miles last night with SIL and my foot feels great now. Yay! Still not going to run 2 days in a row though.

NRR: I finished with tomorrow's cookie order, they are baby shower favors, so I just have to put them together. Then get started on Saturdays. Tonight we are hoping to make it to the Big E (huuuge New Englad fair right down the road from us) because our friends are going, but if DH doesn't get home early enough it won't be worth it to go for an hour and make it home for C's bedtime. So fingers crossed (but really everytime I WANT him to get home on time, he works late so not holding my breath...). Looking forward to the weekend. Saturday is our friend's 30th/thier housewarming party, which should be fun. Sunday my dad's family is doing an Alzeimer's walk in memory of my grandma, and then we are going to the Big E for the day. We are going to bring C to see all the animals, looking forward to it! Smile

Have a great day!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

melrunner

Good Morning Girls,

Sassy, great job on your workout!!!!!

PO, good luck this Sunday. Keeping your father in my thoughts and prayers.

Taylor, have a great race!!!

TriR, 8 miles after work.

NtriR,so ready to be done with this job. The guy that is replacing me is here so I have to "train" him how do you teach him everything you've learned over13 years in a day? Then owners son was giving me attitude about me giving them all the information they ask for is what we agreed on the severance. yett apparently the quality of what I gave was not good enough. Seriously, this is the most disorganized company I've ever worked for and I'm so glad I'm almost out.....

Have a great day.....

RunLikeTheWind23

Morning ladies!

RR: my head feels good lately. Been running 3 miles consistently 5 days per week. I have tons of anxiety about going further. Worried about pain--but also worried about being able to handle the disappointment if I do have too much pain. I am really awful at handling set backs with running (or setbacks with anything in life actually) Smile anyway, tonight I will attempt 4 miles and see how that goes...

NRR: looking forward to a relaxing weekend! Nothing planned! Can't wait to sleep late!

Sassy: nice job on the run!! Are you getting excited for your marathon?

Taylor: best of luck on Saturday! You'll do great!

PO: I'm so impressed with your workouts lately! How are you feeling?

SassySparky

Taylor - I say watch TV! As a grad school alum, I found that more restorative than naps or getting more work done. Smile

PO - have fun with the group tonight! I hope I feel better after my last high mileage week - a 3 week taper is sure to kill me though!

MA - thanks for the tip! Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned and I hope you get to the Fair tonight! Eat an Elephant Ear for me! :-D I know we talk about those every year!

Meli - ugh I hate the idea of training someone who is replacing you! two more days !!

RLTW - So glad you are so happy lately Smile Just take it easy on the pace tonight and maybe a rest day tomorrow!

monk717

The last few days I've meant to come and post and then not made it here!

RR: P was up three times last night. After we were up the second time 2-2:45 I decided I wouldn't run... but then he was up at 4:30 so I got up and squeezed in 4 good miles.

NRR: So frustrating P slept through the night 6 weeks to 6 months and then stopped. I'm no longer saying I was blessed with another great sleeper. I would like to get a full night's sleep! He had a random fever earlier this week, but thats gone and he was in a great mood yesterday so I'm not sure what his deal was last night/this morning. The first time he was hungry, second time he'd wet through and then wouldn't go back to sleep, completely clueless to the problem this last time.

DH went out with a friend last night so I flew solo with P and A and it was actually a lot of fun! A's been a lot better behaved recently. She asked for pancakes for dinner so we made pancakes and then watched Little Einsteins. The only hiccup came at bed time though bed time wasn't as hard as it normally is!

Just got a big project dumped on my lap at work. It makes me feel good that my supervisors have confidence in me to give me extra projects, but it drives me crazy because I'm driven by getting all my work off my plate and now it will pile up even worse than usual because the new project is priority 1 for right now, at least the next few weeks. Good problem to have, I guess, job security!

taylorma1

Sassy-haha I might just do that

MA-goal is to qualify for Boston, so under a 3:35.

Waves to the rest of you. Have a great day!

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: Got in some ST this morning, and I am excited! I got 4 x 10 bench press with the 30 lb. dumbbells!!! Finally!!!

NRR: We have finished up the work here much earlier than expected, and I will be home tonight, as opposed to Saturday afternoon!! Hurray!!! I might come up short on hours for the week but I will take tomorrow off anyway. I've been gone a lot and I want to be home!

Sassy - Nice job on the run this morning! That's a lot of stuff to keep track of - do you carry a piece of paper with you?

Taylor - I agree with Sassy. There's a point of diminishing returns where no matter how much you try, you just aren't getting anything accomplished. Give yourself a break and watch tv!  And you will ROCK your marathon!!

PO - That's too bad the teacher keeps cancelling classes. How many more left for this semester?

MA - That fair sounds like fun! I hope DH can make it.

Meli - Sorry work is being so frustrating. The longest two weeks at my last job were my last two weeks. Just remind yourself you're almost out of there.

RLTW - Great job with the running!

lizo_77

I totally need the weekend!

RR: haha. ok. last night 1.5 today, slept in. Maybe the answer to this whole waking up deal is not wake up and just resort to evening workouts. tonight, planning for about 3.

NRR: M has an after work meeting so he won't be back too early. So I'm thinking, get home, run before he gets home hopefully, then maybe some work for work. meh. We are so busy it's insane...

MA: good luck with those cookie orders!

sassy: good luck with all the reading you need to do and the experiments!

taylor: haha. go with the flow. * and I say, the TV shows win!

Po: good luck with the cat sitting! hope it's a nice cat and not one of the unfriendly types!

mel: hang in there till the end.... you're almost done!

rltw: yay for the ability to do extra running! hope you can keep increasing gradually!

outwest: yay for getting done earlier than expected and being able to head home!

better be going. trying to work on two renderings at a time.... and have a meeting at 10 outside the office.

later!

SassySparky

Well I read FOUR papers already today! Go me. My experiments don't' start for a little while longer so I'm just making my way through this stack of papers. I'm excited - I'm learning about multiple sclerosis as my lab is moving into that area of research!

OWR - Yeah some of the speedwork is super hard to keep track of so I did have a slip of paper with me on one or two of those, but not this one, since it was just one type of interval. 30 POUND DUMBELLS? I'm not worthy.

Monk - sorry P is waking up - he's 8 months old right? Is he still waking up most nights or just randomly? Congrats on the project.

Lizo - i can relate. Big D and I were both working last night, trying to watch a TV show and hang out at the same time.

NorCal

Morning ladies!

RR. Ended up running 5 with DH last night and was going to do my tempo run today, but my right hamstring is a little sore, so I'm going to take a rest day and maybe do it tomorrow or skip it this week, since I'm doing my LR Saturday and a big hike Sunday in Tahoe. So today will be yoga and a dog walk.

NRR. Got my keys to my new office yesterday! I start seeing my clients there next week. Today, I have a LOT of data entry to do, so need to focus on that, which can be hard when I'm home and so easily distracted! lol.

Sassy- Holy hard workout! You're a beast! I don't know if you ever feel really ready for a marathon, especially your first!

OWR- So glad you get to head home earlier then expected! Nice treat!

Taylor- WOW, I didn't know you were going for a BQ!! Good luck!! What time did you run in Chicago?

MA- Glad you got the cookies all done. Will you be posting pictures?

Meli- ONE MORE DAY!!!! Big grin

Monk- Good job on getting the run in this morning.

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

taylorma1

Sassy-nice job on the paper reading. I have a hard time just getting through one in a day

Norcal-I ran a 3:43 in Chicago last year