Womens Running

Wonderland Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 19 times)

wonderful land...wonder where we'll land...wander the land...wonderful land...wonder women... wonder what's up or just wonder who wrote the book of love...uh!

Enjoy your adventure today!!!

Did weight machines yesterday-upper and lower. Will run today but thinking I need to pack for outside since it's not raining like I thought it would be. May just do inside

Tessa-Very nice RR. Randy is not your typical RD, is he? He serves beer at the finish line. In the state park. Probably to the Rangers. Maybe this is part of why trail runners are so nice? just a thought. Ugh... now I want to do an ultra.. or at least go for a long enough trail run where I actually deserve eating/drinking as I would otherwise. Guess a half might be in order before an ultra.

Gatsby-good to have goals. you &(*Y&#%@!!!

Karen-wild weather here last night so more coming your way I'm sure. keep eating healthy! my goal is just to run more to support my eating level.

Judy-tough to see stuff from our childhood gone .. although usually it's for the better. those old buildings were not very eco-friendly.

Carol-there may be no crying in trail running but there certainly is swearing. thanks on the pic.  I talked one of our reporters into doing photos of us so we could update our social media profile pics.  they didn't really know that there was a back reason for me. wink.  he did our whole team.  didn't photoshop my gray roots though so had to cut off top of my head on LinkedIn. LOL

Ginny-you are doing your mom duty while he does his police duty. and don't worry..you're always be in a class all of your own to us. (that is meant in a good way you know!)

Damaris-DD going back down your way end of this week.  Did I mention that she is planning on moving there in June?  Know of any social media strategist jobs?

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

MyMomRuns, you are so right about the old buildings. Where I used to teach, the town was going to build new schools. Parents wanted to keep the old ones, even with holes in the walls of the buildings. My coworker, the band director had to teach trumpet lessons in the hallway. He and student wore their coats because snow blew into the hallway from the holes. They DID build great new schools.

Oh, I love the "who wrote the book of love....uh".  Hee!

Tuesday I ran 35 minutes on the gym track. I’ll be gone for a few days to a conference but I’ll be back on the weekend. I’ll post on Monday.

Today is a quick cardio before the trip.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Lisa - At least it is not Winter Wonderland Wednesday Smile (but it is Michigan)   I'm thinking Randy was the guy with the Bull Horn on Saturday.  I was amazed to see him out on the trail (can't remember where).  Have I said how much I love the laid back atmosphere of trail races!!!  I DID NOT see any Beer... except for one guy in the parking lot.....I really wanted one too!  when you are ready for half, let me know...I would love to come do one with ya!

Judy - Enjoy your conference.

Running after work tonight.

Carol

LC Runs

Good Morning

4.2 miles this morning, what a nice day to be out there.  I didn't run Mon or Tuesday due to bad weather, so really glad to have the opportunity to get out there before the rain starts again.

Hi Lisa, Judy and Carol

From yesterday:

Tessa - Great RR, thanks for sharing!

Karen - I am trying to lose 8-10 lbs, always a struggle....

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

6.3 for me. Didn't have time to do more

Tessa as always, great race report

Carol I wish I could still run after work. Dh is running short distance after he gets home.  Maybe I should pace him. I'm just afraid even if just short runs I won't be able to sleep. Hmm we will see.

Laura glad your weather is getting better

Marjorie

Good Morning!

Another stormy night here.  Sheesh!!  Enough!!  I let Buddy the foster dog sleep on the dog bed in my bedroom.  He was great.  No barking or whining.  I slept much better.

Weather is still iffy, so I went to the gym this morning-- 5 miles on the TM.

Tessa--great RR.  How do you remember all the details?

Gotta go back to the house.  I left my breakfast (including a carton of milk) on the table.  ;(  Hope Gracie and Buddy did not find it.

Have a great day!!

Anonymous Guest

Awesome RR, Tessa. I may have laughed out loud at the "full moon".

Got my car back, got 6 miles on the TM last night. Will have to watch the weather for tonight - it may be another TM run or I may get on the bike. I would love to run outside, but thunderstorms predicted.

Back later, I have a couple things I need to get done before heading out in the rain for my massage.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Quick post. No, Randy is not your typical race director! Sneaky Lisa on getting neew pictures taken.

Carol, it is wise to bring your own beer for postrace, not only will you enjoy yourself but you will suddenly have a whole bunch of new best friends.

Susan, I wouldn't hold out much hope that the dogs haven't found your lunch. They probably divvied it up already.

Waving to Judy, Ginny, Damaris, GatsbyBird, Karen, Laura, Marjorie, anyone I've missed.

4 this morning, to the post office and back. Now to work!

Docket_Rocket

Hi!  All morning in court, followed by a nice lunch at my favorite Broward Italian restaurant.  Now at the office (involuntarily).  SRD for me although I might convince hubby to do a bike ride with me.  We have not ride in three weeks (no time).

I am very happy to have run 204 mile and change for April.  Great comeback.

Lisa, I have not heard of any jobs but I will keep my eyes out for any.  June?  June will be OK weatherwise (meaning the 90s).  She will love the beach.  I guess things with the BF are going well.  Do you know his crossfit place name?  I just went to one here in downtown and was wondering if it was the same.

Judy, enjoy the conference.

Carol, enjoy your run after work.

Marjorie, I prefer to run after work as well, although with your flexibility, yoiu can squeeze more miles in the mornings.

LC Runs, nice run.

Sue, stay dry.

Karen, hope the TM treats you kindly.

Tessa, nice 4.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Okay the damage in FL is insane. Our Pensacola clinic was impacted and is closed because if the flooding. The roads collapsed etc is massive. 6000 some lightening strikes in only minutes and 24 inches of rain. Oh my!  Glad I wasn't there.

Marjorie

Bikerchick1

LCruns - Ugh trying to lose 8-10 pounds AND marathon training, that seems to be hard.  You certainly don't look like you need to lose any though Smile

Tessa - Ha - on bring own beer....I never even thought about it...but next time I will!  New running friends are always fun to meet LOL.

Marjorie - I actually sleep better when i have gone out for a run after work. It really clears my mind, shower after, and I am a happy girl!

Had a very nice run after work, was in the 60's and humid.......that's a change.

Carol

Damaris- http://crossfitwynwood.com/   https://www.facebook.com/CrossFitWynwood

Crossfit Wynwood is the place.  She says she's going to get own place. She also has a former room-mate down there (female).

Judy-have fun at the conference!

Carol-Randy is an RD that takes the wellbeing of his runners seriously. He'll be out there manning aid stations, emptying garbage and plain old cheering people on.  I don't trust him at DWD when he tells me which area of the bog is the easiest to cross though. And his courses pretty much always end with you going up some sort of an incline.  tall, boney looking guy. When I was done running on Saturday I saw 2 guys in the back of a truck smoking cigars and drinking beer. I had passed one on the trail.  trailrunners.... when I did the 50k there 2 years ago there was a Blue Moon aid station in the last 5 mile loop.  BTW, the 50k does the half loop twice and the last 5 miles goes up that longish hill in the last couple of miles of the half.  We get to do it 3 times.  To be honest, it isn't as long or steep as I remember it being though.

Laura-good luck with losing weight. Unless we're talking my keys I can't lose any.

Marjorie-scary for your workers and a mess for the buildings!

Sue-your dogs eat non-food items. do you really think your lunch will be safe? that's funny.

Karen-nice job on the tm run.

Tessa-clearly it has been .. forever since I've had a "professional" headshot done.  good to have one that is fairly professional looking, considering what I do and all.

3.6 on tm this morning at gym.

Lisa

Quick hello!  Hopefully no one here is dealing with the current round of weather-related disasters.  It was 80 in Half Moon Bay today.  Ugh, too hot.   Speaking of beer (we were speaking of beer, right?), I'm having a beer that my DH made for his first home-brew attempt.  I call it a success.

<Waves to everyone>

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR