Womens Running

Back to IT MONDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 24 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Ugh.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

11.2 for me. Abs tonight. My abs class is cancelled so I am going to do abs on my own at the gym. Hopefully. Maybe. Wink

Great start to the week because this run was awesome. I felt fresh (must of been all of the fried carbs I ate on Saturday) and the run felt effortless! Woohoo! Good thing because I dont think I was fully awake until mile 5.

Starting tonight we are in for a wet couple of days. Heavy rains starting tonight and not ending until Wednesday night. Of course this happens on my peak week! Lots of rainy runs ahead. Yuck. 

I have a lot on my to-do list today. I got some emails Friday afternoon that I waited until today to respond - so I didn't send an angry response Smile

Docket – Nice workout yesterday! Tapering, right?

Run4kupcakes – Nice run yesterday!! Yay for the race sign up!!

Tessa – STILL coughing? UGH!!! Nice job still getting those miles in.

Margaret – I was thinking the same thing this morning about the weekend! It flew by! A friend from HS? Wow. I don’t think I keep in touch with any haha. Nice trail miles yesterday! I love me some banana bread, too. I give a lot of it away usually. I can’t keep it all in my house or it will end up in my belly. OMG that photo!! And that is where you grew up? GORGEOUS! Jealous.

Happy Monday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lizzie, in this area it was considered to be an open invitation if a well dressed woman was walking through the grocery with a bottle of wine in the top of the grocery basket. In another town it was seeing a well dressed  young woman sitting in a bookstore posed with a book. They were working girls. I haven’t seen it lately. They must dress more casually. 

Friday I was able to get in 35 minutes of running on the TM at the college. Yoga class was really good there also. Did some studying.

Saturday I did 40 minutes of yoga and more studying.

Sunday Buddy and I did 75 minutes out the trail. The flooding has receded. We also saw our Birder friends and they are doing well keeping track of wildlife sightings. Later I did 30 minutes of yoga. Meditations daily are ongoing.

Today I plan to do an early outside run, errands and then off to do several hours of volunteer work at the library.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Karen, you certainly are Badass! Congrats again on Boston. 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 6 and weights tonight.

Liz, nice run.  Yeah, the race is Saturday.

Judy, enjoy the errands and outside run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Seloc

Cathy – yikes on DDs arm. Close call!  I laughed at how DD must have reacted when they asked her if she was pregnant.  I hope you were able to get an outside run in this weekend.  It was aMAZing out there!!  There are still snow piles around here but they should all be gone this week.  Then we need a nice big rain to wash all the sand away.

Lizzie – wow, that’s amazing that HCBF doesn’t ever here you get up.  You guys sure are rockin the couple thing.  Sounds like a nice party for your friend – she will remember it for sure.  Frustrating that people who said they were going to go didn’t.  The party I went to was the opposite and they ran out of food.  Mostly because people brought their kids to eat.  That was SO kind of you guys to give the servers the extra big tip!  I’m cracking up at your big kid watch weekend coming up.  Can’t wait to hear about it!  OMG I did NOT know that about a pineapple.  Good thing I’m too lazy to buy a pineapple and clean it LOL.  Yeah broken record with the great runs – wish I could say that!  Short week for you – hooray!  That will be nice after your 20.

Laura – I’m SO GLAD you got some nice weather this weekend, too.  Doesn’t it feel like a huge load has been lifted?  Oh man, I think I can get excited about it finally.  Our forecast is for sun and 50s/60s all week!  It’s about damn time is RIGHT.

Karen – heck yeah you gotta wear the Boston shirt!  Glad the ankle is feeling better.  Those pics are sweet!  Glad you bought them.  Fun memory, you BADASS you!

Gatsby – nice weekend miles.  And wow that pic is gorgeous.  I have one high school friend that I keep up with.  She’s so great.  I guess we’ve actually known each other since kindergarten.  One of those people that you don’t see for months and months and then pick right back up.  Hard to get together since her and her husband both work full-time and they have 2 kids in a million activities so I’ve done like you – go to an event, sit in the stands and chat!

Sue – glad you got outside this weekend!  Nice ride and run.

Elina – so who are you rooting for?  I saw Pitt and Philly played yesterday.  I was flipping around and it must have been quite an ending with the flurry of goals.

Diane – woohoo!  Congrats!!

Damaris – nice run yesterday.  Woohoo taper!

HCK – nice run – glad you are feeling better.  Hooray for race signup!

Tessa – ugh on the lingering cough.

Judy – omg I’m LAUGHING at the well-dressed woman walking around with wine.  Is that all I need to do??  I actually might try that.  But, since I cannot buy wine in a grocery store in MN, I guess I’ll have to linger in the liquor store.  Hmmmmm

Well, folks, it was FINALLY nice out this weekend!  And, I do believe it’s here to stay.  12mi on Saturday, 5mi yesterday and then another 5mi walk with a friend while we chatted and drank coffee.  Regular Monday rest day today.  Had the spring fever cleaning bug Saturday afternoon –windows open and everything.  Got the car and the garage rid of lbs of sand.  Yesterday afternoon spent a lot of time reading on the patio – got myself a little suntan!  Might even be in shorts tomorrow morning!  Happy Monday

LC Runs

Blech to Monday, but at least it has been quiet so far!

Will run after work, I think it's supposed to be in the mid 60's!!

Lizzie - glad the surprise party went well but rude of people not to show up after they said they would!  Great run for you this morning, I wanted to ask, do you have several routes to run or do you just keep one main route and repeat it until you hit your mileage?

Judy - sounds like a busy day, enjoy!

Damaris - have a good run and workout tonight!

Sandy - yes, the weather has definitely lifted my spirits.  Work still sucks but I guess I can't worry about the stuff out of my control.  At least, that's what I keep telling myself!  So glad you had a nice weekend!!

Ugh. Monday is right.  Ran 6 w my buddies yesterday. No one was feeling that great, so we cut it short. Six miles was plenty for me after not doing anything for 2 weeks. OMG I was so sore !!!!

Karen--I def like the badass shot in the rain. Wink

I need to do core this afternoon.

Gatsby--what a beautiful view!

dhuffman63

Trails

Here's my Flint Hills marathon race report:

The drive up took 4 and ½ hours but it wasn’t bad. A lot of people think KS is flat but while there are sections that are pancake flat there are hills.  I drove past some of the most amazing tall grass prairie where you could see nothing but grass for miles.  Easy to imagine great herds of buffalo.  Got to Manhattan, KS at around 4 pm and checked in to the Quality Inn there, then went to find the packet pick up site which was the LRS.  Nice store but I was hungry and wanted to find dinner.

Since I have issues with dairy but decided on Olive Garden, pasta you know, it took a while to figure out how to get what I wanted with no sauce. So I ordered spaghetti, grilled chicken and the asiago sauce on the side…presto, no dairy.  Back to the hotel for the night.  Took a hot Epson salt bath once the water came back on…really of all times to have plumbing issues.

Since my race didn’t start until 7:30 and breakfast was at 6 I got up at 5:30 and went down to have what ever I could eat…some scrambled eggs and grabbed a banana. Went up and got dressed.  I brought my fleece tights, injinji socks, a SS shirt, and my fleece zip up along with gloves and a fleece hat.  Topped that off with a rain poncho.  I had a ton of GU’s that I have found I can no longer tolerate so I gave them to the RD who had them available to anyone who wanted any of it.  It went fast.

So in the rain and 40 something temps the marathoners started out. We made a one mile loop through the nearby industrial park before heading north to the gravel roads for the 25 mile loop.  At the start of the gravel loops there was a road blocked sign but no sign from the run so I thought I missed a turn and headed back to the start to find out…no, we go through that.  Start of the bonus miles for me. J

Instead of my usual F bombs let me just switch out to Boy Howdy! And Boy Howdy there were hills, and more hills and Boy Howdy there were at least 24 miles of hills. And it rained ALL DAY.  Never got warmer than 45.  And yes you can get wetter and colder especially if you plod along like me.  At this point I so wished I was a runner and could get warmer.  There were AS and those poor people were out in it with little tent things but at least they could get in their cars to warm up.  Oh and pringles and damp don’t do well together…lol.

So cruising along and about maybe 17 miles or so in, quit looking at my watch cause me fleece jacket sleeves were soaked and pushing them up made my hands cold, was the unmanned water stop and the sign directing our turn. Here’s where some local yahoo thought it’d be funny to turn the sign.  So I headed down the wrong way and eventually the front 2 50 milers ran past me.  They were moving well at this point.  A little later a van pulls up and asked if I’d seen them as she was tracking her fiancé and he was going the wrong way.  Told her they were ahead of me and she drove on to find him.  Eventually the 2nd place guy ran past and then the 1st place guy but at this point they were so far off course he lost his placing.  As I was making my way back there was a turkey buzzard fly up and land on a telephone pole as I went by.  I laughed and told him I wasn’t dead yet. More bonus miles J

At this point I started leaning to the right which meant my back was not doing well. The only thing that helped was to take my right hand and put it behind my back.  At what was the last manned AS I took 2 tylenol with 9 miles to go.  Sat for a bit too and ate part of a banana, drank some coke and kept on.  There was a fantastic guy with 3 miles to go who set up a floating AS.  He gave me some gatoraide and some more pringles, and boy howdy there were still hills!

Made it back to the finish line upright and ran across it. Unofficial 50k in 10 hours and 36 minutes.  The course reminded me of Pumpkin Holler with the gravel roads and hills so I was thrilled.  PH took me 12:15 and I did not run across the finish.

I’m supposed to do the Heartland 50k on May 5th up in Cassoday, KS and am hoping there aren’t any boy howdy hills.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Monday!  We had a gorgeous weekend here with temps close to 60.  Everyone was outside; walking, running, and on bikes.  Got 4 miles in on Saturday and 4 this morning.  I think it's starting to get easier.  

Lizzie, 11.2 on a Monday?    Glad you had an awesome run!  I'll probably make banana bread this week.  We have some ripe bananas.    That was really nice of you to plan the surprise party!  Sucks that all those people did not show up.  Make sure you shame them.    DD had a sleepover at her friend's this weekend.  They were up until 2 AM then they got up at 6:15.  She was napping a lot yesterday.    Nice that your friend found a new pup!  That is really weird about the pineapple.    Guess I have to be more careful about where I put things in the cart...

Sandy, a few snow piles still around, but it felt like spring this morning.  Even though it was only in the 30's.    They don't use a lot of sand here, they use salt.  Really rough on the roads.  Nice miles this weekend!

Laura, funny how everyone is so happy once the temps hit close to 60.    Enjoy your run!  I wish I had time to run after work.

Sue, nice 6!  I'm glad you are feeling better!

Diane, nice ultra this weekend!    Sounds like there were a lot of Boy Howdy hills.  Conditions sounded pretty miserable.  You are a badass!  How are you feeling today?

Margaret, beautiful pic!  I am trying to not be upset that my parents moved me from CA when I was a kid.  

Tessa, hope that cough goes away this week!

Kupcakes, nice speedwork!  I suspect we will get the same thing here, the end of May will be hot.

Damaris, nice miles as usual!

Hi Karen, you badass.    The pics from Boston are great!

Elina, those sounds like some pretty good sized hills!

Cathy

Kilmisters

Margaret, laughing about being sucked into trail running. It's nice for variety, that's for sure.

Lizzie, there's nothing better than a nice Monday run Smile Helps to cope w the inevitable "I don't want to adult" struggle better. I get enough sleep (for now) because in First Round I only watch my team, early games and Game-7-s. When it goes to later stages, games overlap less, become more meaningful = bigger incentive to watch = less sleep Smile

Sandy, I am cheering for Flyers since 2010 and was absolutely devastated after they got eliminated yesterday (no sarcasm or exaggeration). Mental hangover will remain for a while, that's for sure.

Diane, wow, I'll have to read that race report w tea in my hands Smile

11mi yesterday, so I am taking today off (floorball followed by 3 days of running; yesterday = lack of sleep, beer while watching NHL - yeah, not gonna happen) even tho this is totally a day where clearing the mind would be useful. But the body says no.

Waving to everyone else, finally leaving office.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Arimathea

Tessa

Agreed ugh.

Diane, boy howdy hills? Never heard of those. F-bomb hills, though, I am familiar with.

What a yahoo indeed to think it is funny to turn the sign. Nice work@!

Plumbing problems the night before the race? Not as bad as not having water when all the runners come back from the race. They would see people heading to the pool with soap and towels!

Never thought about putting something in the shopping cart as a signal that I am available. Besides, somehow the potential romance dims when the contents of the cart include TP, bowl cleaner, a 10 pound bag of onions, a flat of refried beans, a 25 lb bag of cat food and 42 pounds of kitty litter, and a 500 tablet bottle of ibuprofen. (Casting my mind back to the last grocery shopping trip...)

I will say that the last time I had lots of masculine attention directed towards my shopping cart was when I bought a replacement ladder. Ours was 27 years old and falling apart, which is not a good characteristic of a ladder. So when Costco had them on special I bought a new one, convertible so it can be either a leaning ladder or a standalone. A number of fellow shoppers told me it was a good choice and recounted the projects they had accomplished using one, and one guy stared at it as I was heading out of the store and asked how much I'd paid for it as his wife told him "NO!" A pineapple or bottle of wine? Neither would seem to attract as much attention. And I'd guess having a case of good beer and a Costco size bag of Doritos in the cart might attract plenty of male attention too.

Trail running...need to do more of that and more running, period. 2.2 this morning.

dhuffman63

Trails

I need to go back and read the pineapple post...sounds intriguing.

Damaris I got the Alli tights and shorts in on Thursday and they are awesome!  I considered the tights for the marathon but it was supposed to be cold and it was so the fleece lined ones sounded better.

Cathy I'm still sore mostly on my left side...especially my hip/butt area.  If I get up and walk around it's not so bad but sitting sure isn't a good idea.

Margaret what a beautiful area you live in.

Tessa, they were the f bomb hills after the first two but I kept trying to come up with alternatives.  When you walk by yourself for 10+ hours you get creative in your head space.

Elina I had to write that with hot tea in my hands...lol.  Eyeing the weather for the May 5th 50k up in KS and thinking I might change to the May 19th 12 hour one in southern OK.  I'm trying to get 3 marathon or longer distances in 90 days for the marathon maniacs criteria but I don't want to kill myself to do it

Docket_Rocket

Diane, I think you would have been fine with the Alli tights in that weather.  Congrats, great RR!  I would be using the fucking word all over, but that's me...

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Diane, great report and fantastic job out there! Laughing at the boy howdy hills. Well, laughing at you calling them that, not laughing at having to conquer them all. I will share my badass title with you. In fact, now that it's been a week since my marathon, I will give up the badass crown to you.

Liz, nice way to start off the week. Ugh on the storms. For the first time in I don't know how long, we have beautiful weather - low 80s for the high, upper 50s for the lows, low humidity, no clouds - lots of bright blue sky.

Judy, interesting on the different "signals sent" in different towns.

I love seeing how happy all you northerners are now that you've finally got some decent weather.

Cathy, awesome seeing running reports from you again!

Easy 4 for me this morning. Started to get a little hot, I'm going to have to start getting out there earlier. Then I went to Sherwin Williams - last day of the big 40% off paint sale and we've been meaning to get paint for touch ups and stuff since we built the house.....3 years ago. Now, laundry and chores. This week's projects are sanding and painting the outdoor furniture and cleaning out the closets and pulling some stuff together for a charity pickup.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel