Womens Running

Thymoleptic Thursday (over 40) (Read 22 times)

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

Post away!

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

Thymoleptic - An agent known to improve mood.  In my book - running counts!  Smile

Did a serious stability ball class yesterday and tweaked my hip something fierce.  I'm sitting on a heating pad right now and hoping that it will help.   I also have a dentist appointment today.  At my checkup, they found the first cavity in years.... so I have to get it taken care of.  The right side of face will be numb and I get to drool for a few hours!  LOL

So, see..... I need a thymoleptic!!  I'm hoping that my hip will settle down so that I can get a little run in.  But, if it still feel terrible, I'll have to be a good girl and sit today out.  UGH.  This is SO not in my plan.   Oh, wait... what's that about how to make God chuckle?  Tell him YOUR plans?   oh, yeh... there is that.

Bucket list - need to make one.  I typically set my goals year to year.  But, a bucket list would be kind of cool as the list to select my yearly goals from.

Judy - hope you're feeling good today

Sue - Sorry about the shoulder.  I hope that you wake up today with no pain!

Ginny - Thanks for the reminder.  I knew there was so reason that I connected you to Buffalo!   I have several trips "out west" in New York this year and was just checking.

Cindy - GREAT tempo run.  Those are some impressive times!

Damaris - Right now I'm looking at 5K's, maybe a touch longer in one of those strange 6K's or 8K's that I have seen in the past.   Later in the season, I'm going to start looking for "the" 10K to be my goal race.

Karen - hope the trip goes GREAT.   Safe travel... blessings!

Carol - #2 is #2!!  Call it a good start and go from there.  According to the data, for each pound of weight you loose, you take FOUR pounds off your knees.   So, your knees are EIGHT pounds happier!  Smile

Be well all.  We're all holding our breath about another "big" one coming out way.   Don't ya love media!  It can't just be a storm... it has to be a HUGE, TREMENDOUS, POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS, RECORD, LOOMING, FORBODING storm.  haha

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Julie, sorry about the tweaked hip and hope it improves quickly!

Wednesday I did two 50 minute segments of my cardio DVD. My energy is coming back well, so I’m off to work today and then off to get the taxes done. I’m always so relieved to get that done.

Lighter easier cardio with weights after work or else a track run. I'll see how I feel later.  Friday I’ll go back to the track for a nice run for sure.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Julie - Running (or any exercise for that matter) is my Thymoleptic Smile   Great word.  Sorry on the injury...hope it feels better later.  Good luck at the dentist.

Judy - Enjoy your day off....hope taxes goes well!

Swam 1,500 last night, met 2 RB's/TriB at the pool.  We actually did a swim work-out, that was fun.  Time went so much faster.

We are s'posed to get alot of snow today 6 - 10 inches.  Will be doing my Yoga DVD tonight.

Carol

LC Runs

Good Morning!

4.5 TM miles this am, like Carol, we're in the path of a winter storm.  Kids are off of school this afternoon and tomorrow (and I am off of work) so don't really have the issue of a snow day.

Julie - thank you for defining, I had no idea what that meant lol.  I agree, runnning definitely improves the mood Smile

Judy - enjoy your workout!

Carol - it's supposed to warm up a bit, which I guess counteracts the snow storm lol.  Nice swim last night!

Ugh, off for a few hours of work, can not wait to leave that place for a few days, lots of drama continuing...

What Thymoleptic means to Karen:

Karen certainly would agree that "the agent" in the photo below improved her mood when he said she could run the Detroit marathon thus Boston qualifying...

SRD for me today and tomorrow so that my fat ass doesn't die in Saturday's fat ass.

Lisa

Wow!  Someone build an ark quick!!  It has been pouring buckets for several hours.  No run.  No gym--if it is lightning you can't swim and sometimes they make you sit in the locker room till the storm passes because of all the windows.  Snuggled up with Jake and slept.

When I got up it was still pouring.  Dogs refused to go outside, so I had to walk them.  Outside my door the water was ankle deep.  Cat was asleep on the windowsill next to the door.  Jake jumped up and snatched the cat and slammed him into the water!  I was yelling at him to drop the cat.  I know Jake will have a good day now.  The cat, not so much.  It was still raining hard so I packed my clothes, went to work in tshirt, shorts and crocs and changed after I got in.  Too much work to do today to stay home.

Shoulder is MUCH better.  Guess a good pop and some rest was what it needed.

Lisa KnitQueen--Ouch!  sorry about the teeth!

Linda--love the pic!

Later!

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

Back from a 5.4 mile recovery run. Felt pretty good. No time for personals - I need to get ready for a 10:00 conference call. Although this client is notorious for blowing me off, so we'll see. Hope to BBL-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

ginnyb

Julie.....if you want to, let me know when you will be traveling to Western NY....it isn't that far for me to travel and I love an excuse to go spend some time with my best friend from HS who still lives there.....

Still slumping here, thought about going out to run this morning, but that's all I did.....thought about it, but I am getting close, I can tell!

Lisa...you do not have a "fat ass"

Good luck to those of you in the path of this supposedly terrible winter storm....this one is missing us thank goodness!  I say" supposedly "because the media has nothing else to get us riled up this week I guess.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  My 9 miler turned into 6 when I almost got an asthma attack during my 8th stride.  So, I cut it short.  Still wheezing today but hoping for a better run.

Julie, hope you find that 5K.  I hope the hip feels better now.

judy, enjoy your cardio workout later!

Carol, nice swim workout.  Hope you get your yoga done tonight.

LC Runs, nice TM run.

Lisa, enjoy your rest day.

Sue, ugh at all the pouring!  The dogs were smart enough, haha.

Cindy, nice recovery run.

Ginny, hi!

To those close to the snow storm, stay safe.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Linda

Good morning ladies:

Julie:  I hope your hip feels better.

Sue:  I’m glad your arm is better.

Damaris:  Asthma is terrible.  I’m sorry it is acting up.

I did 5 easy miles this morning.  They weren’t really so easy though.  I’ll take a rest day tomorrow.

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

Arimathea

Tessa

Is this week Bad Teeth Week? Sorry, Julie and Lisa/KQ. Keep those dentist vibes far from me!

Susan, laughing at the vison of Jake knocking the cat into the water, though I'm sure the cat was not amused.

I hope you didn't march into work singing "The Lord told Noah to build him an arky-arky..."

Lisa, definitely take the day off. I agree with Ginny, you do not have a fat ass, though I understand the etymology of the term.

Judy, good luck with the taxes. I need to get my appt changed since the accountant put me in on a Thursday night and I have class.

Cindy, did the client make the call?

Ginny, so nice that you are still in touch with friends from HS.

Carol, nice swim workout!

Laura, so the storm is moving through MI and then east? It looks like New England and upstate NY are going to get hit very hard. Carolyn, Julie, hope you will be OK!

Damaris, take care of that asthma.

Linda, looking at the weather forecast, I'd say tomorrow would be a good day to take a rest day. Nasty storm headed our way.

4.3 with running neighbour this morning. I did not want to get up but did anyway, and was glad I did. Run needed! TM and maybe kettlebells at lunch. I go straight from work to class to choir practice this evening.

Happy runs!

annieSusan

Master's swim class yesterday, nasty freezing rain this morning. I made it to my dermatologist appointment and afterward decided to go straight home as the rain changed to snow. I am auditing an art history class, but I decided to skip it today.. I will just do the reading for the class this afternoon. Headed to my basement and did 4 miles on the treadmill. Glad I did it. Now off to clean up, since it looks like I will be shoveling later. The bird feeders are full of finches, chickadees and cardinals. so pretty in the snow.

annieSusan

LC Runs

Decided to go out for a snowy afternoon run, just back from 3.5 miles.  Home with the younger kids today and tomorrow (DD has school since the HS is on a different semester schedule).  So, once she was home, I had a bit of time to enjoy to myself lol.

Tessa - yeah, snowing today (about 3 inches), then supposed to hit  harder tonight and through tomorrow morning, they are saying about 8 inches total.  Not too bad out there yet.

Lisa - where is the Fat Ass this weekend?  Have fun!

Cindy - great 5.4!

Damaris - omg, that is scary.  My youngest son has asthma.

Sue - ugh on the rain, hope it dries up soon

Ginny - this time of year is so challenging, I try to keep in mind that every day is one day closer to spring!

Linda - nice 5!

Hi Annie - good call on cancelling due to that nasty weather!

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

So, just a quick question (with an intended editorial comment)....

How many times can you have the "storm of the century" in one year?

Dentist went well.  Except it took me four hours to get my face back.... and I was STARVING!  But, I didn't dare chew as long as I couldn't feel my bottom lip.

My hip feels really good right now.  But I have decided to be a good girl and give it the day off, anyway.  I have personal training tomorrow with core meister.  If he sees that I am in pain, he will stop my session.  He doesn't fool around with that.

Karen.... haha... "the agent."

Sue ... great story about Jake and cat.  That'll teach the cat to be all smug and stuff Wink

Cindy... hate it when I'm all ready for a meeting and then get blown off.  Hope that your client showed!

Ginny... you gotta deal.   I don't go to Buffalo often, but I do end up in Geneva fairly regularly.  Also RB and I are planning a trip to Letchworth State Park during the summer.   I hear it's beautiful.

Okay.... gotta go grab some dinner, then off to rehearsal... then a bit of prep for snowmaggedon (huge eye roll).

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs