Womens Running

We're Here Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post as you wish. Big grin

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday I went home and did 55 minutes of cardio DVD. At least 15 of those minutes involved running in place.

Today will be USDO. I want to do some errands.

DS passed his stress test with no problem. I am glad he had a cardiac workup at his age. He will be 43 soon.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Good Morning Judy and all to follow.....Big grin

Fusion class last night and 4.4 huuummmid miles this morning!

Just work and boys' soccer practice tonight.  Looking forward to the holiday weekend

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  8 miles tonight.  On my way to get my weekly allergy shot.

Tessa, hope you can get hospice for hubby.

judyruns, great news about DS.

LC Runs, nice run.  I am also looking forward to the long weekend.

Have a great day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good Morning!  Group Power class this morning.

Lisa--I know you must be frustrated about the knee.  Hang in there!!

Tessa--I hope you can find a way to work things out for DH.

Ugh.  Root canal tomorrow in Mobile.  Have to go to the endodontist.  Dreading it.  Also have to go to the courthouse to stop child support.  Apparently it should have ended when DS2 turned 19,(he'll be 21 in November) but there is no system to stop it until one parent goes and files paperwork.  Ex-DH is on extended medical leave and is trying to get disability, and my DS1 and wife are buying his groceries, so he needs to keep his money.  Apparently $240 would make a big difference in his life right now.  I don't think he has the emotional ability to deal with going to the courthouse to file paperwork, so I will just do it and get it over with, for DS1's sake.

Conference call with boss -- better get moving.

ginnyb

No run for me today, but Idid do my weights for the second time this week.  Trying to get back in the groove....

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

I got out for a 4.6 mile slog this morning. Our humidity is back, and my fitness is not. I'm back on track, though. I decided to start an exercise streak - I'm going to see how many days in a row I can go, exercising at least 20 minutes a day. I like streaks but can't do a running streak because I get injured if I run every day.

Tessa - I hope you can get some help from hospice. I'm keeping you, and the kids, in my thoughts.

Ginny - do you have a foam roller? Sometimes with sore spots that are deeper, I get better results with a foam roller, since your body weight is added as you roll. Hope this makes sense.

Lisa - I'm glad you're going back to the doctor. It definitely seems that you should have some improvement by now. I like your comments about time with Kaite. In my experience, it might seem like my kids don't care whether I'm there, but then they say/do something that lets me know they do.

Laura - our soccer doesn't start til next week, so I've got a bit of a break this week.

Damaris - DS2 gets allergy shots, but we have dropped down to once a month. It's such a relief, since I have to drag all 3 boys with me.

Judy - glad your DS's stress test went well.

Crazysue - have you had a root canal before? I've had 3, and in my experience, they're not as bad as I expected. Just uncomfortable to keep my mouth wide open for so long. And, of course, expensive!

I went to core class yesterday for the first time since early June, and all I can say is "ouch!" I'd forgotten how many muscle groups they hit in that class! Have a great day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

12.5 miles this am. Not as busy at work today. Hope it is a calm day

Lisa safe travels up to the UP

Tessa I really hope things get better

Laura I'm looking forward to a 3 day weekend too!

Sue yuck on the root canal.

Hey D and Judy

Cindy GL on the exercise streak.

Marjorie

Yes, I've had a root canal before.  Not fun, but I will survive.  The office said my insurance would pay pretty well on it.  I'm more worried about the bill than the pain.

Anonymous Guest

15 miles this morning. I ran through humidity, followed by rain, followed by sun with super-humidity. The rain was nice.

Lisa, so frustrating with the knee.

Tessa, thinking about you and your family. Hospice sounds like a good plan. I know your DH wants to go home, but without help, that has got to be way too much for you and DS to handle. Take care of yourself.

Judy, glad DS passed his stress test!

Laura, bummer on the one job, but maybe this other one is the one that is meant to be. I do think things happen for a reason generally, even if we don't understand it or get what we want at the time.

Enjoy your 8 tonight Damaris.

Susan, ugh on the root canal. And very kind of you to go to the courthouse to take care of ending the child support. You are a good person.

Ginny, that reminds me, I'm supposed to be getting back on track with weight training. Why is that so hard for me to do??

Cindy, good idea on the exercise streak. I'm guessing most days you'll do more than 20 minutes once you get going, but that 20 minute streak will keep you motivated even when you want to do nothing.

Marjorie, hope your day is calm as hoped for. Nice run for you as always. When does Hammy go in for his paw surgery?

I got an email from a company over in northern Virginia about a job. It actually sounds kind of interesting, so I will send my resume even though it would be a heck of a commute. Metro is not real close, but I could potentially carpool with DH some - it's just a couple miles down the road from his office.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Karen good luck on the job.  Hammy's surgery is Tuesday Sept 3rd

Marjorie

ginnyb

Made an appointment with a trainer next Tuesday morning.  At the gym I belong, since I only use the gym for the treadmill in inclement weather, thought I may as well take advantage, maybe I will be more motivated to do weights if I am held accountable and know what I should be doing, I have never really been formally instructed in the WT....I just do it.    I don't know we will see...can't hurt to see what they have to say.

Karen...it is hard for me to stick to WT also, I think because it is so boring???

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

LC Runs

Karen - Good luck with the job **fingers crossed*

Sue - hope the root canal is relatively quick and painless...

Cindy - games start next weekend (9/7), so my next 7 Saturdays will be busy, I'm sure you can relate!  I've already volunteered for the concession duty, want to get it over with the first week.

Hi Damaris, Ginny, Marjorie!