K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

From yesterday...

Cathy, huge congrats on the race!!!  Boston/NY bound!

Karen, I am a frequent air mattress flyer.  Lots of times when selling houses.  Then when I was working out of town I slept on one for 9+ months three days a week.  How is the house???  Glad DH is better.

Sue, busy weekend.  For you AND your boss, ugh.  I miss the arts festivals in Portland.  Bummer about the fall, but at least it wasn't on the gravel.

Damaris, I used to have a firm mattress, then I switched full tilt to a plush.  LOVE it!!!  Glad the calf is improving and wasn't worse.

Judy, glad you're improving after your fall.

Lori, your poor work sagas continue.  Continued good thoughts.

Kathi, I was sniffing stuff too, and tasting various things.  I still am a bit concerned as Rapid tests aren't the best, but it was the best short term thing to do.

Glad the test was negative yesterday.  I always felt just fine, but the throat and taste was def weird.  Got my PCR test at lunch for the trip.  Getting the second today.  Cautious as I would rather have the one from today count, but what if it doesn't come back on time - that is just as nerve wracking as waiting for the results.

WAY behind on getting ready.  Cleaning and packing just haven't been happening.  Up very early today to get a move on.  Just finished my coffee, so it is time to get a moving.

TaTa, Toodles, and Cheerio!

K

Happy Tuesday!

Spin class was good this morning.

Lori--OMG!!!  So glad no one was hurt! What is wrong with people????? I hope they find the dirtbag before they try again.

Two meetings this morning. I may need to knit. lol

Better get moving!

Docket_Rocket

Morning. RD for me. Booster shot at 3pm!

Kat, glad the test was negative and hope the next ones too so you can get to your flight!

Sue, how is the control freak today?

Lori, that is crazy! Glad it sounds like he targeted an empty area but crazy!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

Short jog on the treadmill this morning. Now just dealing with work stuff. I'm expecting a cluster over the next several weeks. Stuff that should not in anyway impact me or my staff, but if it happens, it definitely will. So glad all my suggestions which would have helped were dismissed as me not being a team player.

KatS, glad the test was negative. Do you need 2 pcr tests for your trip?

CrazySue, hope you survive the meetings.

Docket, hope the booster goes well and no side effects!

LC Runs

5 for me this am - 43 degrees and light outside, whoop!!

Kat - have a good day!

Sue - glad you had a good spin class, hope the evil boss is off today!

Damaris - whoo hoo on the booster.  I was able to register to be put on a email list once the booster is available to me, I filled out the survey again and clicked the "work with people at risk" and still don't currently qualifty.

Kathi - nice TM run. Ugh on the work cluster - I feel you, $hit$how here, as well.

Anonymous Guest

ONE MORE NIGHT IN THE VAN!!!!!

Laundry this morning, then some loops of the RV park, then getting a cashiers check to close tomorrow afternoon.

Lori, an IED? That’s insane and glad you were off that day.

Kathryn, glad the test was negative.

HCK, Susan and Laura, work sounds frustrating. I highly recommend retirement as soon as you are able.

okay, back to figuring out utilities and stuff for the new house……

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Kathi, no, you don't need two.  But the longest you can have is 72 hours prior to arrival, and the test says 48-72 for results.  Yesterday was the 72 hour test.  Today is the 48 hour.  I am worried about 48 hours not coming back in time.  Then, IF something goes wrong with my flight and I am delayed a day, that would be disasterous - I wouldn't be allowed to fly.  So, I get two a day apart.  Actually Portugal accepts rapid tests within 48 hours.  Paranoia.

Not excited to be here at work today.

KS

Half Crazy K 2.0

AnonymousGuest, I am picturing after all that togetherness in the van, you go into the new house and pick your room, DH's room and a dog room and then everyone stays in their assigned rooms. DH and I were sort of talking retirement a few weeks ago. The big thing to me is health insurance. I'm 8 years younger than DH, so even once he can get Medicare, I can't. Well, unless things change.

I figured out the boss problem: She's on vacation, so she basically did a high speed vomit of every project before she left on Monday. Then she arrived at her hotel and slung out more comments. Just go on vacation already.

ccoakley

Cathy, such an amazing race!!!  Congrats on such a huge PR and you kept such a strong pace those last 6 miles!  I’m always in awe when people can legit run the whole thing.  Whirlwind weekend too, disappointed you couldn’t meet up with Damaris but very cool you had friends there.

Damaris, I am so sorry about your injury and having to drop out.  That just really, really sucks.  Hope your treatments go well and you’re back to a regular routine soon.

Karen, very exciting you’re almost in your house!!!  Good luck with all the craziness of closing.

HCK, sorry you still have the longest cold ever.  Any insight from your dr with all the blood work you did?  Impressed you’re still running thru it.  Hope the work drama calms down soon.

Sue, sorry about the fall, hope you heal fast.

LC runs, it is so impressive you can get up that early to run in those temps.  I would choose the bed every single morning.  Hope your work drama calms down too.

Liz, you were a block from my house last week!!!  I wondered if we were on the training route because we had way more runners than usual that morning and it looks like the longer loop did keep going past me.  Are you excited?  Looking cold but dry!

Gatsby, very cool that you had such a great trail running experience with a new group.  Do you think trail running is more popular than average there because running on the roads is just impossible/sucks?

Kats, have an amazing trip!  Good luck with all your last minute to do items.

Lori, wow, is that horrifying!  So, so glad you weren’t there.  Great job on your virtual marathon!  Very impressive you were able to finish all 26.2 with a low training base.

Kilmisters, hope you’re having a great time on your trip!  Did you end up bringing the minis with?  Are they enjoying it?

My parents came for the weekend and it was a typical whirlwind of activity that was tons of fun but left me too exhausted to run.  And we did so much stuff if I wasn’t out the door by 9am there just wasn’t time to fit a run in.  On the plus side turns out the secret to getting your kids to adjust to the time change with no issue is to keep them up til 10pm the 3 nights prior. 

I am very glad I switched to the virtual HM for Richmond, the thought of waking up early on a Sat to run in the cold with a crowd of people sounds so unappealing to me.  I’m right on the edge of being able to meet my B mileage goal for the year.  It’s going to take some work but if I’m smart and cut out all speedwork and keep every run really easy I think I have a chance.  I’ll reevaluate my chances Dec 1.

DD still has not gotten the vaccine.  The pharmacy didn’t get a delivery in time for her appt so now she’s scheduled for Friday.  I know in the grand scheme 1 week later won’t matter but I’m so anxious to just get that shot in her arm ASAP!  Apparently the 70 yr old music teacher asked the class how many had gotten their shot and almost everyone in the class raised their arms which explains why appts are so hard to come by.  And a very good thing.

I was struck by how much life changes today…for a decade + jeans were a very special casual Friday only thing for me and today when I put on a pair of jeans after my shower DH asked if I was going somewhere special later. 

Oh for my fellow feds….while I was writing this I got an email about 2 hr early release for Wed

5k 24:53 (2020) |10k 52:24 (2021) |HM 1:57:14 (2019) |FM 4:24 (2007) |50k 5:57 (2022)

Half Crazy K 2.0

ccoakely, I tried staying up later the few days before the time change, I think it made the adjustment worse. Glad it seemed to make it a non-issue for your kids. Nice that your area seems to have embraced the 5-11 vaccines. Here is seems mixed. The bloodwork was about what I was expecting; low iron. I had suspected that since I was taking gummy mulits with no iron all summer. Just wanted it confirmed before I added supplements. It didn't show up on the CBC, so not full blown anemic.

Docket_Rocket

Oh for my fellow feds….while I was writing this I got an email about 2 hr early release for Wed

Lucky you. We never get more than 1 hour and we only hear about it the day of... 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

I picked up a new toy this afternoon - a Coros Apex Pro. I guess this means I’m thinking about 100s again (or longer? No that would be dumb) if I just got a watch with a battery that lasts 40 hours. I’ve wanted something with better battery for awhile and figured I’d buy something once I had an address to send it to, then a local runner posted he had one for sale (he upgraded to the vertix) for $150. I jumped on that. A slightly used for $150 probably works just as good as a new one for $500.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

I picked up a new toy this afternoon - a Coros Apex Pro. I guess this means I’m thinking about 100s again (or longer? No that would be dumb) if I just got a watch with a battery that lasts 40 hours. I’ve wanted something with better battery for awhile and figured I’d buy something once I had an address to send it to, then a local runner posted he had one for sale (he upgraded to the vertix) for $150. I jumped on that. A slightly used for $150 probably works just as good as a new one for $500.

Nice! Let me know how you like it and how easy (or not) is to upload here and to Strava.

Damaris

Fundraising Page