Womens Running

We are BACK Wednesdays! (DAILIES) (Read 31 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Woohoo we are back!!! I felt so out of touch yesterday.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

10.1 for me last 6 were at MP.

TOUGH run. Legs felt pretty good for the most part but the temp was 74 with a dew point of 70. UUGGGHHH. It was a struggle. I am glad I didn't do the 14 with 7-10 at MP because I wouldn't have made it. In fact, when I got back to the house I was talking with HCBF and started feeling really sick and couldn't keep my balance! Too hot! Anywho..was impressed I kept my pace pretty well. I set my watch for 10:00-10:12 and I stayed within the range except I kept getting down to 9:53-9:58 so my watch kept beeping. Good to know though so I can lower the range on race day. Still trying to set my pace plan for race day. Smile

My cuboid in my right foot started getting cranky towards the end of the run. I only know that because I broke my cuboid (also known as the balance bone..who knew)  a few years ago..I don't know why its suddenly getting cranky. Hmm..I will have to try a new taping method on Friday. Speaking of Friday..Fall temps are arriving tomorrow afternoon! WOOHOO! Friday morning is going to be in the 50's! WOOT WOOT

There are some of you I haven't met! I am Liz, 30 (shudder) and in Richmond, VA! Heading out to WI for marathon #9 in October. Woohoo!

Hey Sandy, I am definitely a cupcake connoisseur. Blind fold me and I can tell you where the cake is from (from local places of course). Seriously. Smile

In other news I have two mouse traps under my desk. UGH EW. We have a mouse outbreak in the office....

Happy Wednesday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lizzie, I felt the same way! Great to see the Gathering!

Tar Heel Mom, so good to see you again! I also love “impending demise”. I finally retired from the library 2 years ago. It’s like I died and went to heaven! DS is doing well out in Colorado and loves the mountains and all the hiking, etc. He’s an outdoors kind of guy, still single but still looking.

Tuesday after an hour hike out a trail I decided to take the day off running. The knee has been a little funny and I’m working on the strengthening exercise. Later I did my yoga series.

Today will be an early morning run, then a trip to a book sale at my library.

Safe and happy runs, All!  

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Seloc

Well this is fun!  Hello everyone!  I was looking at some of the 2015 threads yesterday and remembering some of those people.  Yep, lurker back then and still new poster here.  Too much wine last night made the bed feel wayyyyyyyyyy too good this morning under the covers with the cool fall breeze coming in the window.  At 4:30am I made the executive decision to rearrange workouts for the week - ha!  Strength this afternoon it will be.  Yesterday was 7mi with 2x2mi.  I forget how challenging those 2mi are!  Oh yeah, and nothing like stepping in cat puke on the way out the door. Hey, at least it's HUMP DAY!

Lizzie - awesome run this morning in that nasty, soupy weather!  SO HAPPY you finally get some fall temps coming.  It is glorious, I tell ya.  Wearing one of my new ON sweaters today.  Ewwww on the mice!  I would be afraid of stepping on one of those traps under the desk!

Judy - still single and looking here, too.  Might have to visit CO one of these days LOL!!

Later, peeps..

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Morning Ladies.

Crashed at 8:30 last night.  Crud in the chest still.  Up at 7am, feeling blech.  Have been way worse, but still.  I am supposed to leave for Chicago next Friday.  If the crud worsens, I might not go.  Why spend a crapload of money (hotel, food, dog boarding) if I am going to be utterly miserable.  My friend I am meeting there is in the same boat, sick.

Damaris, have you seen the weather for Chicago - low 59/high 76 on Sunday.  Granted, it is 10 days out still...

Lizzie, sorry your run was difficult.  At least you ARE running...  How was HCBF's bday?  Did you make it out to a nice dinner?

Judy, enjoy the book sale.

Sandy, mmmm, puke.  Glad you got some miles in yesterday.  Sounds like a good idea to switch around your schedule.

Rain, rain, go away....  What, am I back in the PNW??? Feel bad for my GF as we are stuck indoors more.  There have been torrential downpours at times.

Happy Humpday all.  Back to work this afternoon.

Kathryn

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Tar Heel Mom

kween

I am with you, Liz, on being over then summer-like dew points. And you are 30!! Horrors! You are now an honorary old!

So glad to see you again, Judy. Glad you are enjoying retirement. I will be getting there in just a few years.

Good morning, kats and Seloc. You may have to remind me who you are from the FB group.

Ran 6 this morning. Looking forward to the cooler temps this weekend.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 9 miles tonight.

Lizzie, nice 10.

Judy, enjoy the book sale and run.

Seloc, enjoy the ST.

Kathryn, feel better.

THM, nice 6.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

dhuffman63

Trails

Not sure if this is how it works but here goes.  I was supposed to do 4 last night but am still dealing with horse issues so I'm going to try tonight and then on Thur and take Fri Sat off before Sunday's HM.  Looks like sunny and 57/81 and the course is a point to point on the road with no shade so yay...was going to wear capris but nope going with the INB outfit for this.

24 days out from the Pumpkin Holler 50k so no idea of the weather yet.  I have talked on line to a couple of people who I want to meet up with so that'll be fun since I'm going alone.

I'll say hi to everyone and hope this shows up.

I missed all of you for the two days we were without dailies!

For any new folks: Hi!  I'm Margaret, in Northern California (FKA DaniBird on RWOL).  I've been on a running hiatus for most of September (I keep my running log here, which you can see is more of a walking log these days). But, I just got cleared to run again starting this weekend!  Woohoo!  So, I'll be taking baby steps for now and dreaming about big goals for 2018.  Sadly, today is my first day back at work.    I'm posting on the train so I don't have time for personals but will BBL.

4.5 miles walking yesterday.  Have a great day!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

runlikeagirl18

Morning ladies-

45 minutes on the elliptical this morning. Still no running. To catch everyone up, my hip started hurting in early August. I took a little time off, and finished my training for the Blue Ridge Relay, which I ran on September 8 and 9. It was my first relay, and it was SO MUCH fun! I took a week off after that to recover, and went back to running last week. By Thursday my hip was hurting again, and after my run on Saturday (during which I stupidly kept going even though it was getting worse) it was definitely not happy. My RB who is a PT suspects either glute medius or tensor fasciae latae (top of the IT band) to be the culprit. So I've sidelined myself, accepted that this will not be the fall of fast race times, and and trying to get it under control so I can be ready for my half on 12/2. Sigh.

In other news, DS1 started high school and is running cross country. I absolutely love, love, love going to cross country meets. DS2 is thinking about giving cross country a try for his middle school, but baseball is his first love. And DS3 is in his last year of elementary school. They and DH are all doing well and busy. I feel like an Uber driver most days. Wink

Lizzie - like you, I'm looking forward to the cooler temps.

Judy - enjoy the book sale. I love buying books.

Sandy - yuck, cat puke!

Kat - hope you feel better.

Amy (Tar Heel Mom) - yes, I'm over the muggy weather too. I'll be in your neck of the woods next Saturday (10/7), DS1 has a meet at McAlpine Park.

Damaris - happy taper to you!

Diane - nice that you've found someone to meet up  with for Pumpkin Holler. I loved the pics of you and Lisa.

Waves to everyone else, got to go get some work done.

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Glad to have a new home!  FB felt weird.  Especially without Tessa and Judy.  

It seems that fall arrived here this morning.  I walked the dogs with DD yesterday, foot felt a little better.  I did some foot strengthening exercises this morning.  I will do some upper body strength and core tonight.  When I am ready to run again, I will really be ready.  

Lizzie, nice job getting the run done!  You were speedy!  Cuboid, eh?  

Judy, enjoy the sale!

Sandy, cat puke... nice way to start the day.     Nice speedwork yesterday!

Kat, sorry that you are not feeling well and that it might interfere with Chicago.  That sucks!  Hope you and your GF can get out!

Amy, thanks for getting us started over here!    Nice 6!

Hi Damaris!  Sad about PR.  Great job enduring Karen's torture yesterday.  

Diane, hope your horse does better today!

Margaret, woo-hoo on being able to run this weekend!

Hi Cindy!  Nice to see you back!  Sorry about the hip issues.  Nice on DS and cross country!

Cathy

Docket_Rocket

Diane, enjoy the 4 and good luck with the horse.

Margaret, I agree. Nice walk.

Cindy, sorry the hip is still bugging you.

Cathy, hoping the foot gets better soon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Good morning.

I am bad at personals so you will have to bear with me if I am neglectful of them. I am still trying to match real names with user names. .

For those not knowing me, I am Lori. Used to post on RW beginners. Sometimes post in Beginners and Masters here. But I do tend to forget. I blame my age.

Ok. Today called for 8 miles with 6 one mile intervals at 10:30 with 2 minutes active recovery (that is, I walked). I managed to hit 4 of the 6 intervals but with a brief walk thrown in which I wasn't supposed to do but did anyway (damned humidity, I couldn't seem to control my breathing). Then I did the death march home.

Damaris, good luck with the weather. You choosing to race Detroit frightened me so I opted for Hamilton. LOL. I will still be out there cheering you on though. I will let you know which corner to watch for me but likely the one just prior to you leaving the riverfront as you head toward the tunnel.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Arimathea

Tessa

Sandy/Seloc, I'm not sure which is worse to step in -- cat puke or cat pee. I've done both this week. The pee was probably worse because I was wearing socks so had to go back and put on clean socks -- I don't want my shoes to smell like the cat used them as a litter box.

Kat, oh no, sick for Chicago? Sorry.

Liz, you have a mouse invasion at work? I can offer three very efficient mouse catching devices, though you will have to come and fetch them. Fernanda was a good one in her day but at nearly 15 she is too old to be able to chase down a rodent. You can probably source a couple closer to your office -- I presume Richmond has a few animal shelters where there are plenty of good mousers waiting hopefully for adoption.

Glad the 10 went well. I am envious of those who can do long runs before work on weekdays. Leaving the house at 5:15 is not conducive to a long run before that.

Judy, yay, book sale!

Amy, nice to see you! Retirement? Ooh I am envious. It is nearly 16 years away for me.

Damaris, 9 miles? I know that would work if I could do it after work, but after a full day and a 2 hour commute I don't really want to go out and run another 2 hours.

Diane, yes, it worked! Pumpkin Holler is getting closer! If I had the money I would come out...but I don't. Glad you have already connected with some of the people who will be in it.

Margaret, yay for being cleared to run! Baby steps back.

Could you maybe please if you have time create a sticky thread with races from the RWOL thread, if you haven't already?

Cindy, relays are lots of fun. Glad you had a chance to do it. Yikes on DS1 being in high school! XC is a good sport.

Oww on the hip, hope it heals soon.

Cathy/turtles, hope your foot feels better and you are back to running soon.

2.6 this morning. I was out more or less on time, got about 3/4 miles, then thought that I would need to stay close to home, so circled back, when I passed my house I felt like I didn't need to make a stop after all so did a loop up to the top of the housing tract and back down. That meant some unanticipated hill training since it's a long pull from the place where I turned around to the top of the street. Cool and clear this morning, but going to be hot again.

I know Karen knows about this site, how about Elina?

Arimathea

Tessa

Lori, cross posted. Good to see you! Hamilton? I'm guessing there will be a theme to that one this year..."I Want to Be In the Race Where It Happens" or maybe "I Am Not Throwing Away My Shot" [at a PR] or before the start "Wait For It"...