Womens Running

Wandering Happily Along on Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

It occurred to me today that smiling to and from us is very important to us as humans. DH was unable to smile for many years due to the Parkinson's syndrome. I just realized this morning how essential it actually is.

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Yesterday I did 35 minutes on the track. It is going well so far with the deep breathing.

Off to work and dentist, then a run. I need to make copies from documents tonight as part of the insurance stuff.

I've also been thinking of some projects for myself. I want to get a small book shelf so I can make a small study area.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

Thunderstorming here this morning..,, a cold front, of course.  This year it seems we have one hot day, followed by a thunderstorm, followed by 5 days of cool, one day hot etc etc...  not a great summer. Really enjoyed yesterday though!   Sorry to complain about the weather so much, I really think I need to relocate!

Susan....I have days like that, where I am so tired and really don't know why.  Hope you feel more energetic this morning.

Marjorie....I am enjoying these good runs, makes me want to run more!

Speaking of good runs, I have been trying to analyze this and I am wondering.......since I do so terrible in the winter months, I really did not start running seriously this past year until late March.  That is only 4 months ago.  Maybe it just takes me at least 4 months of running to reach where I am now?   Hmmmmmm...makes sense.  I have to try and get on the dreadmill more this winter I guess, maybe that is the key, or, as I said above....relocate!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Good morning!  Quick post before I shower and get to work.  (If anyone is wondering, I get paid for one month's work for three month's of summer.  So I have to admit, I don't feel too bad when I arrive at work at 10 am).  Got in an easy 4 mile run this am.  Still too fast, Lisa.  Going to have to do lots more walking in the first half of Sunday's full, if I'm not going to burn out at the end.  But at least I'm figuring this out. 

Ginny, it has been a crazy summer.  Much warmer than normal in most of the rest of the world.  Cooler here in the midwest.  I have to admit, I'm not complaining. Hopefully, Sunday will be cool.

Judy, smiling is very important to us as humans.  Glad you got in a good run yesterday and hope all goes well today at the dentist and with the insurance paperwork.

Better get moving.

Arimathea

Tessa

Ginny, there might be something to that. I would say get on the treadmill as much as possible in the winter.

3 miles this morning. Wish I could have sent the flatlanders my hill!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

For Judy 

Susan I'm tired today too

Ginny you and Damaris should trade. She wants cooler. You want heat.

Marjorie

camille2

Morning!  DD and husband left 1 a.m. yesterday and I drove part way from Fairbanks yesterday afternoon and finished driving in this a.m.

It sure seems quiet here without them. It's messy, too, with fishing gear scattered around and a pile of laundry.  Great trip with them. I'll post link to her album after she gets more uploaded.

My groin niggled after Sunday's run so I walked Mon and biked yesterday.  I'm going for a short run later today to try it out.

Ginny, it seemed to me that you kept running some over winter.  There is no doubt that "training pays" though.  BTW, on your calf issues, this might help.  The first year I did Equinox, I had sore calves all the time, prob from hills. Coach told me to do calf raises and drops. I'd do the raises while standing in line or while cooking and the next year they were ok.  Easy to do.

Karen, I'm glad your boy went sightseeing with you!  You're smart to take advantage of it while you're there.

Susan, good luck this weekend. I'm glad time limit issue is worked out.

Lisa, you're doing same race as Susan?  You have really recovered, doing a couple close together.  That's great!  I'm glad it wasn't a bad fly year.  Mosquitos in Anchorage aren't bad this year (horrible last year), but they were sure thriving in Fairbanks.

Laura, enjoy your cabin vacation!  Sounds nice.

Marjorie, I think alligators may be worse than snakes...they both hide.  The only time I know I've run where alligators were was at a race in Columbus, ga on their trail by the river.  I was surprised to see a sign to watch for alligators.  That was motivation to pick up the pace.

Hi , Tessa and Judy! My break is over.

Also for Judy!

Ginny-I signed up for RunWoodstock half!

DH's move has been further delayed to late winter or perhaps early spring.  budgetary reasons.  I get it.

Lisa