Womens Running

More Running Monday- Supermoms (Read 31 times)

runnergirl9508

Good Morning Supermoms~

Wow, big congrats to all of our racing supermoms this weekend- so many awesome performances!!! So proud of you all, and it's making me even more excited for my marathon next month!

RR: easy run of 6-7 miles today. Taper officially starts this week. My 22 went well on Saturday,  I ran some ridiculous hills, but maintained a good pace throughout. DH is on-call this coming Saturday, so I probably won't be able to race the 10K. Oh well.

TR: had a blast with DH's aunts here! He was just loving the audience and was giving them lots of hugs and snuggles. His poor gums are so swollen right now, as he's getting the last of his molars on the left side. Poor kid.

NRR: weekend was great- DH's aunts are really easy houseguests. Weather was nice, so we went to the park all afternoon on Saturday, took a nice long walk after dinner. We took another long walk Sunday morning- the aunts are in training to walk a bunch of 5K's this summer to raise money for various organizations- and a short walk Sunday night.

NRR2: my mom's coming today, and staying thru Friday!!! so so so excited to see her

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 5K easy. If it's raining when I'm done work, then TM.

RR#2/TR - In case you didn't see, unfortunately during our run yesterday, the turnaround point of the out and back was at a playground, we thought he could get out and play for a bit...yeah, not so much.  He was thrashing so hard that he squirmed out of the BOB straps and DH had to carry him. I was so frustrated that I ran ahead and came back.  DH had calmed B down and even run a km pushing the BOB.  I was secretly glad, really, if we go on family runs, I shouldn't always have to push it, should I?

FR - fish chowder.  My dinners are super carbolicious this week of course.

~~~~~

rg - what is your time goal for the marathon?

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

RR - 10-11k. My long run yesterday sucked. I felt really tired and had a headache, and then my stomach started growling. Ended up doing 16k instead of 20k as planned.

TR - She loves being outside. Both mornings this weekend, she woke up and ran straight to the front door to try to get outside. Wagon I bought from a garage sale on Saturday is a total hit. She loves climbing in and out of the door, and pushing it up and down the sidewalk.

FR - Chicken chow mein

NRR - I think my Mom has a new boyfriend. We went there for dinner last night, and there was some guy there helping her with some yard work. They hugged and were making plans to get together next weekend. When we asked her later if they were dating, she got very evasive. I don't know why she doesn't admit it! Ha ha, naturally, I immediately texted my sister "Mom has a new beau" and she replied "DETAILS!" We are such gossips.

~~~~~~~

rg - Your mileage last week was incredible! Glad you had a great weekend with the aunts and yay for your Mom coming to visit this week.

zorbs - Oh, the thrashing against the BOB straps is the worst! Is your DH still planning to run a 5k? My DH was talking about running the one in MA in June but now that it's getting closer he is saying he would rather just sleep in.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CTimesTwo

Morning,

RR - 5.7 miles in the dark, made spookier by the heavy layer of fog... hoping i've put away my gloves and long pants for good..

BR - super clingy lately... throwing tantrums too... in between all that, she's adorable....took a really long nap yesterday afternoon and when she woke up she was grumpy pants.. we think she slept too long...

NRR - my left knee is sore and climbing up and down the stairs at work is painful... and the motion sensors aren't working properly so I'm sitting at my desk, in the dark... i have no idea where the light switches are..

zorbs - ugh sorry about the run yesterday.. i always try to get DH to go for runs with C in the stroller but he feels self conscious and thinks he looks goofy... i keep telling him no one who sees him will care...

rg - glad you had a great time with the aunt's... that's cool that you have family members who run too...

ernie - I really want a wagon.. but i'm afraid C will try to climb out of it when we go places... DH doesn't want to buy an umbrella stroller so all we have is the running stroller and our travel system stroller, both of which are bulky...

strollermama

RG - Great job on the 22.  Your FM is going to go so well!  Could you do the 10k with the stroller? Smile

zorbs - When we do family runs, DH usually pushes the BOB, especially if there are hills.  But he is fast than me so it slows him down a little.

ernie- SOrry about the crummy run.  I am sure your next one will be great.  Funny about the gossiping and your mom's new bf.  Maybe they haven't made it official yet, ha.

cx2 -You poor thing - first a run in the dark and now work!  I officially packed away all of my cold weather running gear this weekend. Although it looks like it may snow Wednesday.

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  Not sure, I have run the past 4 days in a row, can't decide if I want to make it 5.  Have a meeting tomorrow afternoon which goes kind of late for me to run and don't want two RD's in a row.  Kind of a weird week with my schedule and running.

TR:  Overall, he was REALLY good this weekend.  Starting to repeat more words with enough clarity for us to understand.

NRR:  Had a pretty good weekend.  Saturday DH had to work, so J and I went for a run, then I got cleaned up and we met a friend and her daughter (J's girlfriend) for lunch.  Got home and he napped and then DH came home.  Sunday we went to the zoo and had a blast!  We let J out of his stroller in the buldings and he LOVED it.  Unfortunately I had a "mommy fail" and didn't even think about sun screen and my fair skinned little man has a bit of sunburn on his face.  Like I said earlier, this is just an off week for me with work/being gone/meetings, etc. We'll get through.

FR:  Too many sweets.  Went to Culvers on Saturday and had a sundae with Hot Fudge, Caramel, and strawberries. Then I wonder why the scale hates me so much at the dr office!

PGR:  Had a minor wardrobe meltdown last night that DH did a good job of helping me out of.  I am sick of my regular clothes being too tight, yet all of my maternity stuff is fall/winter and I hate that in the spring.  Needless to say I had 35% off at Gap plus $50 in rewards so I ordered two tops and two bottoms and am getting maternity stuff from a friend this week.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ernie - I still won't feel like DH is truly committed until he's signed up for the race.  It really helped that I flattered him, talking about how he's lost his gut (although yesterday I said something about his pasty white legs, so I might have lost some points there Wink) and emphasizing how important it is for us to do something family like once a week.

cx2 - I only own one stroller, the BOB. Never feel like it's bulky.

stroller - when DH agreed to run outside with me, one of the provisions was that I push the BOB, since he's still figuring out how to run outside.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

strollermama

RR:  Srd.  Hoohaa is still recovering.  Butt paste is a life saver.  Ended up getting 27/189 in my age group yesterday which is pretty great for a training stroller run.

TR:  Feeling much better.  Woke up from his second nap like a new boy. We went outside and played and he was acting like his usual self. Last diarrhea was yesterday at 1pm.  He still isn't eating but is drinking gatorade.  Last night I gave him a bottle of lactose free milk and he did ok with it.  He was up a lot last night but went back down easily with a paci.  So happy he is back to his cute little self!

NRR:  I cannot wait to move back to my house and have a yard again.  This whole trying to take care of H and then having to take the dog out in the morning for a walk is tough.  It works if H sleeps in but he keeps waking up super early.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

mer - sounds like you're due for a rest day. I definitely hate fall/winter (coloured) clothes in the spring. I'd rather wear spring stuff with a coat on top!

stroller - sorry about your hooha, it is right now calling for rain here on Sunday.  I have never had a hooha chafe, even though i have run a marathon in a torrential downpour..and now I'm worried about my hooha. Wow, I can't believe your stellar time was 27th in your AG! This was a stroller-only race? how many participants total?

strollermama

mrszm - How did the relay go??

BermyHorse

RR: REST. I am SORE. I cannot remember the last time I was this sore (we're talking everything - esp quads and hams, but abs, shoulders, etc). FM time 3:50:31 for anyone lurking. Big PR. Race report on fb under Files. So, now I am taking a big step back, looking at my goals, speaking with bermy coach and i am going to start (after a nice period of resting) on a lot more intensive speedwork and race pace hills, with more mileage for my hm in Aug. My hm of 1:51 during the fm was a nice surprise and I think there is a lot more where that came from. My new super fit RP from my slow running club here ran a lovely under 2 - 1:57 hm so I think we will be in a good place to track train together on bermy 1000s to start with. But, oh, not until I can function and then some with my legs. Love the marathon distance and the long training but now want to go back and start to work on my overall pace per mile.

NRR: hobbling around looking after DS. I have a feeling it's going to be a challenge. Did all guest laundry and now bermy hotel is ready for new guests!

BR: Was so squirmy in the restaurant with supermoms yesterday that DH took him outside to play whilst we all chatted. I feel bad when DH has to do that but was glad I could stay and chat. Of course he has woken up at 2am for the past 5 nights, including pre-fm night. I am looking forward to sttn any time DS, anytime.

FR: homemade pizza. I made the dough yesterday and am using my pre-race pasta sauce as base. All the work is done.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

mrszackmorris

rr: still so sore from our relay. the relay was great and we had lots of fun. I ran 8.9m in 1:20 to finish off the relay. not gonna lie it sucked to wake up at 5am and not run until 4pm. and by the time I ran it was about 75F out. exceptionally warm considering temps have been in the 40s and that is what I was used to running in. it was overall so much fun and a great success that we totally plan on doing it next year. and while driving around/being together for 9 hours, we decided to sign up for 2 half marathons together.

br: took forever to fall asleep last night because I let him sleep in super late in the morning and he took a super long nap. he doesn't cry, just pounds his feet into his bed. still sleeping now.

tr: the girls are excited to wear spring dresses. discovered pine cones by my parents' house and insisted they needed to paint them. so they spray painted pine cones with dh last night.

nrr: we were supposed to go to the zoo yesterday, but dh was limping around so badly so between that and my sore thighs we stayed home. racing (as in race cars) season started so now if we want to see my sister and bil we have to go races on the weekend. luckily the girls love it.

fr: leftovers tonight. must get to the grocery store at some point today though.

So proud of all this ladies this weekend!

RR: SRD

NRR: While everyone was putting in stellar runs, I was make 2 dozen jars of strawberry jam.  Went to a pick your own farm and spent the next 2 days elbow deep in strawberries!

Leah: I've been GF for about a month and then decided to drink 5 beers Saturday.  The sudden rush-o-gluten destroyed the rest of Saturday night.  I was very surprised since I never really though the gluten bothered me before

Bermy: What training plan did you use and whats next?!

Marathonjen

Rg – Sounds like you had a great weekend.  So glad the 22 miler went well.  Stinks that you DH is on call on Saturday and you can’t race the 10K…maybe it’s for the best.  What do you are long runs drop down to during taper time?  How cool that DH’s aunts are walking 5ks this summer…so nice that they wanted to walk in the nice weather.  I love going to my hometown to visit my mom’s side of the family and they love to go for 6+ mile walks in the afternoons!  Have fun with your mom this week!

Zorbs – Heck no, you shouldn’t have to push the BOB on family runs…that’s DHs job!  Or at least share the time pushing.  Sorry that B escaped and had a meltdown.  J has a meltdown every time we go outside and then make him come back in.

Ernie – Sorry about the bad long run yesterday, but we all have them…just shake it off and move on.  I hope the 10-11K today is much better.  Your wagon picture reminds me that we bought J a wagon after Christmas and it is still in the box in the basement…must get DH to put that together today!  LOL to your mom and her new bf.  Hopefully he makes her happy even if she doesn’t want to talk about it.

CTimes – Boo to the sore knees.  Do they hurt when you run?  Nice job on the run this morning.  It was foggy by us too.  Sorry C is cranky…J was super cranky and naughty yesterday…I was happy today was a work dayWink

Mer – I hope you can figure out your runs this week without overdoing.  It is hard not to run on days it is so nice though.  Glad J was good for you this weekend.  I am glad I am pg in the same season so at least I can re-wear most of my stuff…although some is so ugly I am not sure what possessed me to buy it…I think comfort over looks.  Luckily my friend loaned me some of her cute tops and dresses too.

Stroller – LOL…the hooohaaa pain is bad. I have some similar from my LR on Friday…I wore some pants that I usually don’t wear on the LR and they have heavy seams in the crotch area….wholly chaffing!  Great job on your race!!  SO glad H is feeling better.  He just needed to sleep it off.

Bermy – HUGE congrats to you on your race.  You did awesome despite the rainy conditions.  So happy for you!  Do you think you will train for another marathon this year or focus on shorter speeds or maybe halfs??  HM is my favorite distance.  I haven’t run a FM since 2009 (Due to TTC and PG).  I am hoping that 2014 will be my marathon year…maybe a fall one!  I think you should treat yourself to a recovery massage this week!  Sounds like you are still working hard around the house and should take it easy.  So nice that you got to meet so many Supermoms this weekend.

Mrszm – Awesome job on your relay!!  Sorry you are so but that is sore in a good way.  Sounds like DH is sore too.  LOL…C sounds like J…J usually pounds his hand on the crib rail to announce he is there.  So nice to have good weather for once…I am like your girls and excited to wear a skirt to school today.

RR – 5 miles yesterday and 5 this morning in the fog.  It was nice to be able to run before work as there is no time after work.

TR – Was good on Saturday and terrible on Sunday.  We think he gets bored and tries to push our buttons on Sundays.  We take him outside and do activities with him but he just doesn’t listen.  Each time we took him outside and then brought him back inside it induced a huge tantrum…I am talking screaming at the top of his lungs, throwing himself around, hitting himself, throwing stuff, etc.  Ugh.  Makes us not even want to take him out.

NRR – We had a 2 hour fog delay this morning…we better not have another or we will have to go extra days this summer and I am leaving down 2 days after school is out.  I have a staff meeting after work so there would be no time to run so secretly I enjoyed the 2 hour delay!

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning ladies!!

RR - race report in short... my ass hurts. The longer version is on my blog Smile  Actually my core and abs hurt too.

RR2 - meeting RP and ex RP at the gym this morning.  I should probably take a rest day but Ill go and take it super light.

TR - is in a big I love daddy phase... I am ok with it, dh loves it, and he has to do more...

BR - nothing exciting... just cute and happy

FR - dh bought pork chops, I think we will grill them.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/