Womens Running

More Running Monday- Supermoms (Read 31 times)

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- Youtube has awesome tutorials for stuff. I have a few things bookmarked for you, I'll try to remember to put them in an email tonight to get you going. When I learned to sew, I did these little books that taught you sewing skills through little projects- but since you're not 10, you probably won't be interested in making a fabric hamburger. That sounds like an interesting and very useful course.  What kinds of projects are  you interested in doing- sticking with quilting for now? Lots of quilt shops have classes that they host- I would check them out. The quilt shop in my office building does them at least a few times a month.

Becky- sorry that idiot mucked stuff up while you are gone. I tell R little fibs like that all the time, he can't talk enough to call me out on it yet LOL.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

mrszackmorris

zorbs: funny you should ask. he claims he had ran up to 7 miles as his longest run prior to Saturday. he ran a 2:03 half marathon during our relay.

ernie: I would definitely blame the change in temp on your run. love the name Fiona! so cute. what is her other dd's name? this morning the girls did not have belts on but they were up playing in their room before and they both came down with belts on over their dresses Smile

jen: I have never once ran with our double stroller. but I am also not a hardcore runner like you Smile

spike: yay for a haircut! I was just thinking about how mine was getting long already but I just had a haircut 3 weeks ago. I guess that's the downside to having short hair; needing haircuts more often.

becky: had to laugh at telling c you were headed right back to Nashville. I saw stuff like that all time and just hope they forget about it Smile

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - WOOT for taper! I've had such a good training cycle, you're going to do great in your marathon. You're DH's aunts sound like great ladies, and fit well with your active family!

zorbs - DH and I always take turns pushing the stroller if we run with it together - we don't very much though cause neither of us like the stroller much. If DH was learning to run I'd push it like you do also.

ernie - bummer on the sucky long run. LOL on your mom... and yeah less is more if there are going to be sex details.

cx2 - it's snowing right now here, hopefully you are done with the winter gear. My knee was like that a few weeks ago for a day or two, I rolled my IT bands and it got better.

mer - I'd take a day off... but by your point in pgr I think I was down to 2 days in a row at the most. You look tiny in your pictures, don't stress the scale!

stroller - glad the butt paste is working! I can't believe all you girls who wear underwear and run... less is more! Smile

bermy - enjoy the rest!! Have you read any of the run like a mother books? They are funny and talk about getting so sore that one of them has to pee in the bathtub standing up, and walk down the stairs backwards... I always gaige my soreness about how hard it is to sit down on the toilet. I've never been sore enough to warrent standing in the tub to pee... Smile Let me know what you come up with for your HM training, after yesterday I'm holding out a small amount of hope of being able to keep up with you at seawheeze - or at least keep your ass in view on the horizon.

mzm - Fun that you have a group of friends to do HM's with! 75 would feel like an oven at this time of the year!

dexy - mmm jam!! I hope I have time to do some canning this year!!

Jen - ugh on the tantrums! YAY for a fog delay, and for having time to run!!

k, i gotta go, I'll come back when the kids are sleeping.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

beckykay

Ok back for more now that C is happily watching is movie.  He was such a grump when I picked him up today.

Spike: LOL on applesauce!!!!  I love running with a large group since we sorta break off in different conversations.  We mostly talk about kiddos though.

Bermy:  No worries, I didn't have to spend money on a hotel Smile  I never really thought of it but DH and I really work well as a team, as much as I like to complain about him.  DH said in the car "when we come back to Nashville - if isn't really a question."   DS went to school and told them all about his new friend.  He has a money jar and convinced us that he needs to take it to the store to get a scooter like D, oh and that we need to go back to "that boat playground".

Ernie:  When school is out, her a$$ is gone.  25 days and counting.

Zorbs:  Well that is sweet of you, but I think he could handle it Smile

on to page 3!

beckykay

Spike:  He already said we were waiting for daddy to get home so we could leave again. Smile

MrsZM:  This kid is like an elephant so I should probably stop doing it. Smile

BermyHorse

Rg- can’t believe you are tapering already. What is your time goal do you think?

Zorbs/ CA– I need at least another day of rest even from yoga. I am so sore. I can sit on loo but only if I use my hands on seat to lower myself down. Chasing DS round the mall was, erm, a challenge.

CA – I am busily working on my hm programme now. It’s going to be brutal. I will share (maybe I can email it to you? – PM me your email or FB me it through messages). It’s going to be a Brad Hudson L3 with some adjustments - I am reading his book now. Your race absolutely rocked. And I am 19mo pp not a mere 7! You did GREAT! SO SO proud of you esp with the hills. Super work mama.

Zorbs – I was laughing about the fb pic and my first comment was “zorbs is going to say – “are you eating things that you haven’t made from scratch?”. Yay for family run. Proud of you.

Ernie – hilarious on beau. I was cracking up with that.

Cx2 – hope your left knee sorts itself out.

Stroller – proud of you and your run. You rocked it mama! You are going to have such a wonderful marathon experience, I have no doubt. I never run with knickers – I use shorts with built in liners and I haven’t had chafe ever, it was jut the rain was so heavy. It heals pretty quickly on me though. That A&D cream is working a treat.

Mer - yay for run with J on weekend. You are doing so amazing with your running preggo. I wrote up a report just cos you said it on Friday in your personal.

Mrszm – when I do 1000s hard enough I make myself sore – for me I don’t think the soreness is always about the distance, but more the intensity. I get really sore from lifting too. GREAT relay race. Was thinking of you now bermy hotel is vacant. Fancy a free getaway?! You do such cool things with your girls for crafts – I need to write down all your ideas.

Dexy – I used hal higdon advanced 1. I enjoyed it. Now I am making a new plan for my hm. It’s going to be a Brad Hudson one I think. I am reading his book now. Have you run a full? How’s your crazy sexy running group? Any invites this week?

Jen – glad you had time to run in the fog – I bet that was unexpectedly nice. Your plan with 2 kids sounds like it is forming. I know I would need a double jogger and would have to do all my training with both kids if I was lucky enough to be pg a second time. I am going to put marathons to one side for a bit and now concentrate on getting my pace/mile faster over shorter distances. Then I will pick up marathoning again! Thanks for your sweet words of encouragement and belief in me throughout my training. It meant a lot to me Jen. Jen – I am too sore to be touched yet. Maybe massage tomorrow. I am rollering myself with a stick but only lightly.

Spike – which marathon programme would you consider? How exciting! DS is taking his very sweet time getting to know bermy2 – like when I went for a shower, he cried cos he had to be with her for 5 mins and I was gone. Sigh. I think it’s going to take him a very long time to adjust to her so I can have some free me time. I see a lot more stroller running and internet sewing classes in my future. But I am going to keep trying with bermy2.

Becky – Does C have enough for a dining room table for us too? Your DH and C invented “bean baging” in our house where they ran and dived into the bean bag (a very fun game which I certainly participated in). I told my DH and he said it sounded kinda rude-naughty. I said no, that’s tea-baging. We were crying laughing. I am going to get your DH to eat tofu in disguise next time.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

runninmer

OMG...Bermy, you are too funny.  You have me LOL at my desk! Smile

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

BermyHorse

Mer - you deserve a laugh. I am glad I could oblige and entertain you at work. I slipped that one in Becky's personal. I am waiting for a comment from Zorbs on that one.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- I'm sorry about the clinginess, that would be hard to deal with day in/day out. It would probably take R a while to realize he was kidnapped if it ever happened to him, because he's so happy to be with other people. If I do a FM it would be coming off a training plan that will hopefully peak at 35 mpw. I can only do 4-5 days a week, and tempos are easier for me to do than traditional track work and hill work because of the stroller running that I do- granted I feel kind of silly saying this to you since you are a stoller badass. Give her time- I can tell you that the people R loves most are the ones that get down on the ground and play hard and silly with him. Therefore he loves his godmother and my RP more than pretty anyone else besides mom & dad because they are super fun.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- LMAO at beanbagging/teabagging!!

Bermy - I ran a FM in 2010; City of Oaks here in Raleigh, NC  in 4:02.  I am just reading through Hal Higdon's plans now and am undecided.  I have never been a very technical runner or very good at pacing so the 8 x 400, and 5 @ MP kind of talk is somewhat lost on me.  I mainly just get one foot in front of the other until I get back home.  Been working on just building up my base mileage so I'm ready for some sort of plan, when I finally do decide.  I haven't been back to the swingers running group but I may go for speed work as you suggested :-)

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - we had a 3rd running with us for a while and I prefer just RP and I, our 3rd might be rejoining us and I'd rather not... but just keep my mouth shut, 3 is a strange number as there is always someone left out. I think she is in a DH phase because I do spend a lot of time w/ O - putting her to bed and not M, but also bc during the day I'm all business while DH is taking her outside to play with the dogs, etc.

becky - boo to work! Aww on DS loving nashville and hotel bermy so much! I think I would have cried to leave also. Booo to the idiot...

cx2 - I always buy bone in chops, they are so much yummier.

bermy - I'll fb you my email address. I have a feeling I won't be able to keep up with your programme without getting injured but maybe I'll steal some tough workouts from it.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

BermyHorse

spike - I will confess this to you - in bermy I did a course of night school classes that was basic sewing. I can use a machine (I borrowed a few so I got good at learning a new one each time), do teh spool thing, sew evenly backwards and forwards, use a pattern, put in a zip etc. I did interfacing. I made a really nice pillow (I thought it was awesome at the time) and also a skirt that i wore for work - just aline, brown pattern, hit right on the knee, was very cute. So I have some basics. I have no experience with knits or silks etc but would like to do that kind of stuff. Part of me wants to do the teenage girl thing and design some cool clothes. I probably will make cushions for fun cos I can. And I need to repair DH's loved blanket that he has had since he was a kid.

dexy - keep typing up your thoughts as you form your programme. I like listening. So, with the running group are you wearing more clothes in defense or less clothes as a tease?

BermyHorse

I got AF yesterday AM. THANK GOODNESS she got the memo to come 24 hours after my FM. Between her and chafe, I am a sexual write off.

beckykay

Haha! I just spit out my tea! DH asked what it was I laughing at  Smile  C probably does. He has no qualms about mugging people for their change for his jar Smile I might make him buy me that bean bag! I was scared to death that AF was going to show up on Sat but it has held off so far....

I lied to DH and told him that dinner was almost ready so I am hiding out in the kitchen so he won't ask me how much longer Smile