Womens Running

Flop in bed Friday - Supermoms (Read 26 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ER - discovered that they finally have NTC for android, I'll do one of those workouts.

TR - is a human alarm clock, goes in and yells at DH: "DADDY? DADDY WAKE UP!"

FR - nicoise salad, that I didn't make last night, the lady took her sweet time doing my pedi, of course I had wine during, so I went to get Thai take out while I dried out.

NRR - 1st 2 clients are away this morning, so I got to sleep in!

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runnergirl9508

Zorbs: how'd the pedi turn out this time? I haven't had takeout food in forever. Hmm I'll be curious to hear how you like the NTC workout. Is it all BW stuff? Lol on B waking DH.

RR: planning on 6ish easy today, long run of 10 tomorrow before we leave for our trip. Had a great 7.25 with hill repeats yesterday.

TR: spent almost two hrs at the park yesterday afternoon, he had a blast! Ran upstairs to wake up DH, too funny.

NRR: vacation starts tomorrow!!! Nothing too crazy, just five days in the Adirondacks, can't wait to get away! Have to finish up some laundry and packing today.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Erniegirl

RR - 10k. I guess this is my long run since we're going away for the weekend and if I run at all, it's probably not going to be long.

TR - I bought baskets of peaches and plums and she is obsessed. Yesterday she ate three plums and SIX peaches. I had to distract her from eating more by giving her a big bowl of spaghetti. This morning, she went straight for the peaches as soon as she woke up.

FR - I have a hankering for a sub.

NRR - We are going to the cottage after all! I think DH will end up working very late tonight to get things in order for people working the weekend, and then we'll leave early in the morning and I'll drive and he can snooze in the car. Speaking of which, I really need to clean out and vacuum my car today. It's gross.

~~~~~

zorbs - Yay for a sleep in. I'm curious about these NTC workouts I keep hearing about. Are there a lot of different workouts to choose from?

rg - Have a good long run! Your vacation sounds nice. Do you stay in a cabin while you're there?

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - srd. Glad I didn't run yesterday, I just felt drained on my ride. I guess that's to be expected during taper. Ankles are both feeling good thankfully.

TR - told daddy that daycamp would be more fun if mommy or daddy came with her. Aww. Poor kid I wish we could but i also hope she gets better at coming out of her shell.

BR- cried for gma when she handed her to me yesterday. My girls loves there grandma.

Nrr - have another dayhome to look at tomorrow. Then I'll book us to visit the daycare next week. This dayhome starts oct 1st so we'd be begging mil to watch the girls plus taking some vacation days and working from home. I'm almost hoping for that to ease the translation a bit.

Zorbs - I totally should have mentioned that. It's been on android a few months now.

RG - NTC workouts use dumbbells (10-15 lbs for me), a medicine ball and a couple use a exercise ball. I think they are great workouts.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

armmama

RR - SRD, half marathon tomorrow.  Going to pick up our race packets today.  Really feeling like I'm going to be slow.  Just not into it right now.

BR - a few neighbor girls came over last night and they locked L out of the basement where they were playing American Girl dolls and he cried and cried and cried.  Poor guy.

KR - were SUPER excited that 2 of the neighbor girls spent the night last night.  It's almost 9:00 and I still haven't heard from them, I think they were up pretty late last night.

FR - pork chops on the grill, sweet potatoes for carb loading

NRR - had a babysitter come yesterday so I could have some kid-free time.  Went and got my MN drivers license and almost didn't pass the written test.  oops!  Went out to lunch with my brother, went to Target, bought a couple things at Athleta's 20% off sale.  Was a nice day!

NRR2 - MIL should arrive within the hour.  Taking 4 bins of winter clothes to the consignement store for them to sort through.  Also planning on going to Ikea but debating on going today with kids or tomorrow without kids.

NRR3 - my brother called off the wedding.  So sad.  I feel really really really bad for her.  She didn't see it coming.  Better he did it now than go through with it and then divorce, but would have been even better if he had said something a few months ago when he began having doubts.  Now I'm trying to decide if I return my bridesmaid and DD's jr. bridesmaid dresses and pay a 50% restocking fee or keep them.  I also emailed the etsy girl to see if just maybe she hadn't started on the flower girl dresses yet so I could get my money back there, but not holding my breath.

zorbs - I've never had wine during a pedi, that sounds fantastic!  Yay for sleeping in!

rg - have a great vacation!!  Sounds wonderful!

ernie - wow that's a lot of peaches!  L would eat a whole package of grapes every day if I let him.  Great that you get to go to the cottage!!

CA - when do you go back to work?  Enjoy your rest day!

nolamama

CQTM

Morning Ladies, still sick. Blah! Just wanted to say hi....

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

ARM - I go back in Sept, probably the 2nd week. I feel sad for your brother's Ex GF too Sad that would be horrible but yes so much better than a divorce. YAY for kid free time! Have a great Half this weekend!! Even if you're not fast, just enjoy it.

Ernie - Have fun at the cottage, that's the one thing that AB is missing, good lakes/cottages. We have lakes but they are all in the mountains and freezing cold. My car is gross too, from our trip to SK last week.

RG - YAY vacation!!

Nola - Feel better!!!

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- ooh I'll have to download that!

runnergirl- have a great vacation!

Ernie- I am also cleaning my car today. DH and I are going to spokane tomorrow and I want the car clean for my Vancouver road trip.

CA- That's weird that the daycare is seasonal.  I hope R learns to love his grandma that much tomorrow- he's spending the day with her. In the past he cries really hard with grandma because she likes to cuddle and not play. He's going to her house tomorrow so she can take him on tractor rides- that will win him over.

armama- I haven't shopped at athleta yet- I might try to get into an athleta store when I go to Denver. My race is in 8 days and I'm still feeling iffy about it. The main thing is to finish- I had a DNF in October last year.

Nola- Feel better!

RR: I'm going to run after work for the first time in months. I've been getting up at 5 am or earlier for at least the last 2-3 mos straight to run before work so I feel like a slacker for not being done already. Its 62*F and raining here which is nice because it cleaned all the nasty smoke out of the air. On the downside since bees started inhabiting my stroller garage, I have been leaving it in the backyard and its totally soaked. I'm going to run while R is at daycare since I get off at 3 on Fridays.

TR: I love the way he says "Yeah" - its almost kind of Valley Girl and its really funny. He also is saying "Funny!!" when you tease/tickle him. He was a good boy last night, which was nice since DH is on nights.

FR: Last night was beef stroganoff. I have a pork roast that I need to throw in the crockpot for tonight.

NRR: I feel like I'm crazy busy all the time and I never have time for anything. I don't even have time to take hour long lunches on work days anymore because that time needs to go to something else- errands, running, doctor appointments. Its really frustrating- looking forward to my two vacations this month!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - oh it isn't seasonal, they just have openings starting in October, but it'll run year round once we're in. That sucks that your stroller has to live outside, I always drag mine into the house, and it just lives down in our TV room. I hear you on busy all the time... I'm almost looking forward to work so I can sit on my ass for 8 hrs, I'll enjoy it for a few days and then start to hate it I'm sure.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - I brought my own polish and topcoat, but the nail tech bought the magical topcoat herself after I told her about it.

ernie - omg 6 peaches! Maybe you should take her to Niagara so she can chow down on peaches right from the source. There's at least 30 workouts in NTC and once you do some, you unlock some more workouts.  I just downloaded the Paula Radcliffe and Kara Goucher workouts this morning.  My issue with them is the exercises don't seem to be ordered properly - you'll do let's say squats and then plank, back to lunges! up and down, changing between DBs and medicine ball and BW.  I thought you said you didn't care if your ghetto car was dirty Wink

CA - I did one of the beginner workouts, and they kept saying "no equipment needed" but some of the exercises were squat with shoulder press, medicine ball pushups, plank row...kinda hard to do without equipment.

arm - I would return the dresses.  I'm pretty sure I would fail driving tests now lol.

nola - hope you feel better soon!

spike - didn't you DNF due to bad air quality?

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- that was one of the factors. A) didn't hydrate enough pre-race because I was paranoid about peeing my pants, unbeknownst to me I had an ovarian cyst putting pressure on my bladder. B) bad air quality from wildfires C) inadequate aid stations- race doubled the size of the field but didn't double the size of the aid stations and they were really crowded D) My hormones were all jacked up and I felt like shit for a good 3-4 mos last fall/winter and had no energy. It sounds like a lot of excuses and I still feel like a loser for dropping out at the 10 mile mark.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

nolamama

CQTM

spike - you are so much more prepared this go-around. You'll do great! Plus there will be lots of supermom support and fun!

running eh

RR - was supposed to be 5ish miles at goal pace, but some sick person needed an ambulance right before my shift ended - turned my 12hr night shift into a 14hr night shift and left me no time to run today.

NRR - having SIL, BIL and their 6 kids for dinner - must clean the house.

FR - salmon, sausage, salads, bread

zorbs - yay for the pedi and thai takeout, yum!

rg - do you ever have a bad run??  Have a great vacation.

ernie - glad you are still able to get away.  how were S's diapers after all the fruit?

CA - enjoy the taper!  MIL must love that the girls cry for her.

arm - Yay for the half, just enjoy it.  Sorry about the test.  I have to do a written driving test every few years, and I am always tempted to wing it.  In the end I always study though, b/c I don't want to have to go back and wait in line again.

spike - glad you are running in the afternoon today.  I usually skip my run if I leave it too long.  I am also usually worried about how my stomach will hold up later in the day.  Hope you can catch a break with all those errands soon.

NOLA - HI!!  Feel better!

runnergirl9508

6 uneventful miles this morning, ended up avg marathon pace, which today felt like easy pace. i'll take it!

Ernie- hope your 10K run went well today, enjoy your weekend away. whoa on the peaches and plums, S! that's awesome. Yay, glad it worked out that you guys could get your time away. Ha, DH washed and vacuumed my car today, too. We're staying at my parent's house tomorrow night, since it's on the way, and a hotel for a couple of nights, then a cabin.

CA- enjoy your RD, sounds like a smart move on the biking yesterday. Aww, that's sweet that M wants you guys there. I hope she can make a couple of friends soon. R is the same way with my mom, when she's here visiting, he prefers her to me or DH. Fine by me! The Oct choice sounds like it might be a smoother transition for everyone. I'm going ot have to check out the NTC.

arm- good luck tomorrow, I think you'll surprise yourself with how well you run! is your DH running too? aww, poor L! wow, nice that the girls have made friends already. mmm sweet potatoes, that's on my menu for tonight too! sad about the wedding, but like you said, better now than 6 months down the road. sounds like a nice day out yesterday- I could use one of those.

NOLA- aw, feel better soon mama. Rest up this weekend!

reh: heck yes I have bad runs. I had a HORRIBLE 11 mile LR about three weekends ago- every step SUCKED major butt. I had to stop twice for poomergencies, and mentally I was over that run by mile 4. And the gel that I had brought with me was not good at all, I could barely get it down. blech. good luck with the house cleaning and hosting everyone for dinner! i'm sure you'll all have a great time.

spike- enjoy your afternoon run, I hope it goes well today. aw, sounds like R's a real sweetie! ugh, I felt the same way when I was still working FT- I played catch-up all weekend long and hardly had time to breathe during the week. sounds like your vacations are definitely in order!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Erniegirl

CA - Sounds like you needed a rest day! Will the daycare centre be able to take them earlier than Oct?

Arm - Good luck at your half! Hopefully you'll feel more into it tomorrow morning. Good for your brother for having the courage to call off the wedding. Sad for his fiancee, though esp if she didn't see it coming. Are they living together now?

Nola - Hope you get some rest this weekend and feel better soon!

Spike - Your mileage has been really good, I have no doubt you'll finish your half this time! Sounds like is was a perfect storm of bad conditions inside and out when you had your DNF, so this will be a completely different race. When I start feeling that way, like I don't have time for anything, I always know it's time for a vacation, so sounds like the timing is perfect for the two you have coming up.

Zorbs -  Don't worry, I still don't care about my ghetto car, but it has now reached a level of filth I can no longer abide by. Yesterday I was talking to a friend in the grocery store parking lot and I realized I was waiting for her to leave before I opened my car door,  because I didn't want her to see inside. Embarrassed

Eh - Ouch, that's a long night shift. Did you get any sleep this morning? Ha ha, the fruit has not affected S's diapers yet, but she's already had three peaches today, so hopefully there are no diaper disasters on our drive to the cottage tomorrow!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15