Womens Running

Run the MILES WEEKENDS (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I second Tessa, hope everyone gets in some great miles this weekend!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

7.1 miles for me. Heading to core in about a half hour.

Run was eh. I wasn't into it..had to force myself out there. Didn't really start to get into it until mile 6. That might be because I was almost done LOL. This will end me at about 47+ for the week. Right where I wanted to be. My right calf was crampy again..I need to do some foam rolling. I am hoping that with the constant decrease in mileage it will start to feel a bit better!

I got a call from my mom yesterday saying that we got the Hilton Head week (they have Marriott timeshare and we were on the waiting list) - I was so excited until she said it was May 13-18. I was like, NO! I have Fargo that week! I told her that multiple times...anyway she is trying to get it for Memorial Day week. It looks like that might work out, too. I hope so!! I need a vacation to look forward too!

HCBF and I are adulting today..then we have dinner with friends tonight! Should be fun!

Ginny - Have a GREAT time this weekend! Hope you find a good pair of running shoes Smile Body Blast..is that weight lifting? I am wondering if it is like Body Pump? Or like Step? Each gym gives it a different name I am not sure why.

Tessa - YAY for lunchtime run! Hope you are getting lots of money back this tax season Smile

Run4kupcakes - Nice 8 yesterday!! Are you getting snow today? I know they predicted for NOVA. Not sure if it goes as far North as you. We should really plan a half sometime to meet up! We are so close!

Laura - Was thinking about you this morning - hope you are having a great time!!

No taper madness yet..but I am sure it will hit next week when my miles drop into the 30's Smile

Happy Saturday!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Oh and also, mother nature is crazy. Shorts and a tank yesterday...pants, long sleeves and gloves today. It dropped to 29 overnight. WTH.

I survived a sh*$$y Friday.  Had my doubts yesterday.

Walked the pups w DF this morning.  Headed to spin in a bit, then I want to paint the ceiling.

Looking forward to a long weekend!!

dhuffman63

Trails

Lizzie that sounds like OK weather...now it's cold and rainy.  I feel meh and am waiting for the coffee to kick in before attempting the TM.

I'll try and get back later.  Have a great weekend peeps.

Took advantage of a $25 for 5 class new student special at a fancy yoga studio. Did Candlelight Vinyasa past night. They keep the room “warm” (probably 90-95) but not Bikram. Was hard but good.

Deep freeze overnight so waiting to see to see if I can get out for pavement or have to hit a treadmill. Given tickets yesterday from my boss to see A Chorusline! That’s tonight!! Woot!

Lizzie-of course you don’t have taper madnes...you aren’t tapering! Lol

Lisa

Instead of spin class I took my bike out for a much needed spin along the foggy beach. 20 miles.  Yay me!!

Lisa--I wish there was a yoga class I could go to. The ones at the gym are all during the day or late at night. Timing just doesn't work for me.

Either I'm painting or washing the dogs.  Maybe time to paint. Wish me luck!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, hope your Mom is able to change the trip.  Don't adult too hard today.  Have fun with your friends at dinner.  47 miles, you rock.

Sue, good luck with painting!!  I stopped washing my pups at home and started taking them to the groomer, not very often though.

Diane, hope the TM goes well.

Lisa, how fun about the tickets!!  Enjoy the show.

Just got back from a short run.  Better than nothing.  I am so screwed, but I knew that.  Next weekend will be comical.  I MUST do 18, which gets me by Horseshoe Bend and the Waterhole Slot Canyons.  After that, all is a bonus.  The last 10 is a super runnable part (compared the sand and slickrock), too bad I will be toast by then!

Today was 58 out for my little jaunt.  Just comfy for me, so for the race I will be bundled in tights, LS shirt, SS over it, and a jacket.  Will bring hat/gloves.  30's to start/finish and low 50's as a high, brrrrrrrrr.  Wore my new double layer socks, they tout no blisters.  HAH!

Have a bunch of chores today, need to get cleaned up more.  I have today and Monday to get ready.

Enjoy the weekend all!!

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

dhuffman63

Trails

Well the 8 went very well...I even RAN!  Only.5 mile at 3.6 on the TM but since I haven't actually ran except for at those classes and that was terrible.  This felt awesome and so easy...thought about just keeping on but I have 12 tomorrow and I want no injuries from too far, too fast and too soon.

We are going to chinese in a little bit, some new place in Joplin then to Academy, I need some honey stinger waffle things and DH is picking up a weight set for his new set up in the little house.

Sue, I try and take Jasper to the groomers, he hates it but he's part beagle and part American Eskimo and is furry as all get out.  I can only wash him at home in the summer when he has time to dry.  And no way to painting the ceiling for me...lol.

Ginny I need a new pair of road style shoes but hate to go shopping for them.  I have 3 pairs of those type and 5 of the trail type.

Kat I have the same problem with yoga classes, they are during work hours or the one I went to after work kind of sucked.

Have fun tonight Lisa. DH told me he'd rather go to chamber music at a smaller venue than the Depeche Mode concert...I was like How old are you...he's 8 years younger than me...

Have to go shower and get ready...Bye for now.

Happy weekend, all!  14 miles today, something tomorrow.  Sunny and in the 60s.  No rain for weeks, so I'll be watering plants and doing yard work this weekend.

Re Superfeet, I've also been wearing them for years.  Recommended by a PT.  I have very flat feet and the blue superfeet work great for me (they come in different colors that mean different things, e.g. green seem to be for higher arches, not sure what the raspberry ones do).  No problems with my feet for years.  Can't say for sure it's the superfeet, but I'm too superstitious to stop wearing them!  I usually wear one pair for 2-3 pairs of shoes, don't get new ones every time I get new shoes.  They go on sale at REI occasionally.

Lizzie, just think about how much sleep and free time you will have when the real tapering begins!  I'm sure your calf will feel better with rest.  You've put in some big weeks!

CrazySue, good luck with the painting.

Lisa, that's a great deal for yoga.  A Chorus Line is a fun musical.

Kat, did you get Wright socks?  I recall those being double layer, and I think they worked pretty well.  Will you have drop bags at AC?  If so, you could stash extra socks and layers there.  If you're going to be hiking a lot, you don't want to get chilly.

DHuff, nice miles today!  Hope tomorrow's go well too.

Okay, off to be productive.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Diane, nice 8!!!

Margaret, yes, they are Wright socks - good guess.  They were fine today, so I will use them for AC. The more I think about it, I will use 2 drop bags. I will stick extra socks in there.  Trail Toes too.  And baby wipes to clean the sandy feet off before the TT and new socks.  The useful ones will be at mile 5/18 and 23.  Definitely 23 - it is the beginning of the non-sandy part.

Mowed, weeded/sprayed, vacuumed, steam cleaned.   It is 65 out and I am enjoying being on the back porch with the dogs and wine.  Not enjoying the neighbors barking dog.  Common during summer as I recall.  A hound bark, annoying.

Quiet day here on the forums.  Hope that means you are all out enjoying yourselves!

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Arimathea

Tessa

Kat, I was out enjoying myself, 20 miler this morning -- though when it was done I was glad to see my car. Hilly, went from 38 at the start to 75 at the finish. Long sleeves and gloves at the beginning of the run, gloves off and sleeves pushed up by the end. This particular route goes under several sets of freeway overpasses because it goes through the Newhall Pass, where the freeway interchange fell in 1971 and again in 1994. I tend to do a few intervals when I'm running under those high bridges because I don't want to be under that if we have another quake.

I think Antelope Canyon will go fine for all of you.

Diane, yay for getting a run! I am with your DH, I would prefer a chamber music concert to Depeche Mode, I'm afraid. (Though for either type of concert I would probably bring my knitting...)

For dog washing, not something I do since we have cats only, but there is a place called U-Wash Doggie near the running shop where you can take the dog and use their baths and shower hoses and don't need to worry about getting your bathroom sopping wet and messy. I've heard it's worth every penny.

Liz, hope your mum can get the weekend you'd prefer.

Susan, I am presuming you have a 3 day weekend, hope it gets better. Just the ceiling? Have you painted the rest of the room already?

Lisa, candlelight yoga? Haven't heard of that. I would guess that with the big freeze people wanted to go to hot yoga to get warm! Have fun at Chorus Line. I have seen it a couple of times but not in a while. Wore out the LP in the 70s...

Margaret, I wish the RRR would go away. I am so tired of that ridge pushing all the storms away from California. Nice 14 and good luck with the yard work.

Oh, and good news -- getting money back from both the feds and the state. Most of it will go to help pay down the credit card balance, but I might splurge on a new pair of shoes for Long Play.

Docket_Rocket

Evening! Sorry for being late, but every time I tried posting in the forums, I would get to one group, get interrupted and have to leave the computer. Then repeat when I tried the second group, etc.  Being that this one is alphabetically the last, it only took me all day to come here!

We didn't even go to the expo for tomorrow's race so it's official (no race day pickup).  We are skipping it. 77F at 8am is not my favorite for a race, especially when it has no shade (as anywhere else down here).

Went to OTF and ran 3 miles of inclines and speedwork.  3 miles outside just now.

Lizzie, nice run!  Glad to hear I'm not the only one with parents (or husband) that won't listen to us and then selecting a concert or something for the wrong weekend.

Susan, glad you survived the day!

Diane, excellent work on the TM.

Lisa, I would die if they keep the AC that hot.  The pilates studios owner is a stick figure that gets cold in 90F so every time I have a class I have to ask for the AC to be lowered to at least 80 to not faint.

Kathryn, nice run. You can reach 18, you'll see!

Margaret, nice 14!

Tessa, nice 20 and yay for the refunds.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 earlier today, hard to believe it was sunny and comfortable, now we have about 2 inches of snow. DH went to the grocery store and said people were crazy--it's only supposed to snow for a few hours and will melt tomorrow. No need to stock up on bread, milk & toilet paper.

Arimathea

Tessa

Kupcakes, people here stock up on stuff when they forecast RAIN.