Womens Running

TIME FOR TUESDAY DIVAS! (Read 19 times)

outwestrunner

Sometimes I wish I were less Type A, but then I wonder how I'd get anything done!

SassySparky

OWR - STORY OF MY LIFE! I often wonder how those non Type A people accomplish anything, because I don't know any other way, right? I realize they get things done without stressing about it. My boss is a good example of this. He just does it.

I was reading something on UnClutterer about how to reduce stress :

http://unclutterer.com/2013/02/25/seven-ways-to-cope-with-stress/

My favorite tip was "Be excellent, not perfect."

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

LucyBelle

I actually wish I were more Type A. I'm probably like...type B -. Everything gets done that needs to get done, but a lot of times not until the last minute, and I'll find myself doing the bare minimum. I've managed to impress myself with how much wedding stuff I've gotten done so far and how little stress it's caused me, BUT, I also remind myself that, because I'm not Type A, I'm very casual about the decisions I've made. Ordering BM dresses sight unseen online, picking the suit within 10 minutes, ordering the first save the dates that caught my eye on etsy, etc. Hm.

outwestrunner

But what about how I'm constantly finding things that need to be done, like around the house?  You can ask my DBF - there is always something that needs to be done. Hell, I've already planned out what I need to do this weekend.

outwestrunner

Lucy - I wish I could be more like that, honestly. I get so caught up in things working like clockwork that if any one thing gets messed up, it cascades through the entire system and I get stressed out.

MA runner girl

I'm weird. I don't think I'm type A because I'm perfectly ok with everything not being perfect. If the laundry stays in the basket for 3 days before I fold it I'm not freaking out. BUT once I start going, I can't stop. It's like I'm laid back until it's time to get things done. LOL DH makes fun of me because I can't do things a little at a time. I'm either all in or all out. I also get super overwhelmed when there is a lot to do and don't know where to start. So sometimes if the house gets really messy I just keep putting it off because I can't decide where to start. I think I'm this wierd crazy mix of my parents. My dad is a super procrastinator and my mom is super type A. Yes, they drive each other crazy, but somehow have been together for 35 years! LOL

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

NorCal

I am totally with Lucy here, I'm more of a typeB, maybe B-. haha. I have a hard time being super productive and getting things done. I've always envied the Type A people for getting SO MUCH DONE!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

LucyBelle

MArunner: Actually the way you described yourself sounds a lot like me. I get really overwhelmed when there is a lot to do and I put off doing it because I don't know where to start. But, with things like cleaning, if I start cleaning, I have to clean EVERYTHING. I can't stop. I'll tell myself I'm just going to vacuum and mop, but then I'm like "Well this stuff can't be clean while everything else is dirty," so I end up dusting, wiping down the baseboards and the walls, etc. But I'm also perfectly OK with not doing anything, if that's all I'm doing. It doesn't bother me. LOL. I'm weird.

NC: At least we know we're not alone?