Womens Running

Muddling Monday - Supermoms (Read 18 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - attempting 9K with 6 at MP on the TM.  Maybe I'm mentally tired, not physically..I ran a super slow race at recovery pace yesterday..not a race. It was so low intensity that my clothes were bone dry at the finish. If I'm not feeling it, I'll just do a progression run.  Sorry to toot my own horn but aren't I the most awesome pacer? a friend said that the 1:45 pacer had no idea what pace he was supposed to run, what a dork.

TR - asked for and ate an entire orange.  Thanks preschool!  I think we can call him 100% daytime potty trained now.

FR - curry chicken noodle soup

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

running eh

RR - planning on doing something at the gym this morning.  I ran for the first time in weeks yesterday.  I didn't go far (and I took it easy) but it felt great!

NRR -  Midwife appt. today.   been feeling really blah lately.  I think I have aged 20 years since the beginning of this pregnancy.  Just feeling fat, ugly and old.

KR - told the kids about the baby yesterday.  They were excited.  We now need to tell the rest of our family before the kids spread the word around.  On another note, the kids are still sleeping and it is 6:44 - it's a miracle!

FR - no idea, I need to meal plan and shop today.

Zorbs - you are an AWESOME pacer!!  I saw your result and I had to tell DH too, that is so great!  I know you didn't run fast, but that is a decently long run, so don't feel bad about not  feeling it today!  Way to go B, potty trained and eating an orange!!  Oh, my neighbour kid ran the Chilly yesterday too.  Remember her ran his first (and only) marathon in 2:56?!  He just came back from training in Africa again.  He was disappointed with his result and wasn't prepared for the cold (apparently) but he still ran a 1:18

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  Not sure.  I have 20 miles in the last 3 days.  If I don't run today, I won't run again until Friday.  Maybe something easy and short.

RR#2:  Kind of disappointed.  I was debating about running Green Bay this spring.  I was dragging my feet because I don't have anyone to run it with.  Well, saw on FB last night that registration is full.  I guess that is my decision.  Now to find a May/June half to run.

BR:  Is cutting his first tooth.  Crazy.  Horrible night on Saturday.  Last night wasn't too bad.  DH found him on his belly in his crib for the first time!

TR: Such a little man.  Still struggling with poo on the potty, but stayed dry the whole time he was out working with DH yesterday.  (3.5 hours)  Is super excited to go to Y class today and wear blue.  Has started sleeping with books which I think is just adorable.

NRR:  I bought a pair of heels from Banana Republic yesterday.  They retail for $120.  With the % off and my Gap rewards, I paid $23!  I forgot the code for free standard shipping though.  I might call and ask about it.  And now I need to get clothes to wear with these shoes!

FR:  DH made tator tot casserole last night.  It was super good.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Erniegirl

RR - Not going to happen. Legs and feet are too sore from yesterday's race. I think I'll be good to go again tomorrow, though. It's like -30C out with the windchill today, so it's a good day to rest  The race results were screwed up yesterday and a lot of people's times weren't listed, including mine, but they have been fixed now and my time was actually 1:39:15, so 3 seconds faster than I thought from my Garmin.

TR - So chatty when she wakes up. She pretty much sings and talks non-stop for the first hour she's up, like she though of a bunch of things to say in her sleep and has to get them out.

FR - Perogies and sauteed garlic spinach

NRR - I was totally beat last night and ready for bed after dinner, so DH said he would clean up. I woke up to find the kitchen and table a complete mess. Thanks, DH. Plans for today are community centre in the morning and grocery shopping in the afternoon. And picking up the pictures of S that were taken last week.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

RR - ran 60 miles last week, hoping to get another week of 60, back off next week leading up to half marathon. 19 mi run Sat, 9 mi a little faster than marathon pace, 10 easy

BR - Trying the crib. think he's getting cold, he sleeps till 3, then is having tough time.

FR- liking food ideas see here! frozen burritos last night... hmmmmm...

KC born 7-14-13. RC born 7-21-15

Old PR's: 5k 19:36, 10mi 1:07:46, HM 1:30:04, M 3:06:19

Working on a Comeback after baby #2

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 4.1 yesterday. Made me really tired running through super powdery snow and then taking tiny steps on the super slick bare pavement. Was pretty slippery even with screw shoes. Did I mention that Friday it was 50 degrees and I ran in short shorts? This is bullshit.

TR: Was so cute, funny, and silly all weekend. Had a great time with him. We need to watch what we say- DH says "Reid, you're drunk!" When R gets all crazy before bedtime, and on Saturday morning I was being silly and he said "Mama, you drunk!" Whoops. He has a Mormon daycare lady, lets hope he doesn't repeat that.

FR: Last night was chicken thighs and fingerling potatoes. No idea about tonight.

NRR: Bossman gone all this week. I need to find some mojo to get my projects done.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- Yay for B! It sounds like once he decided he was ready to PT it happened very quickly. Do you think there is more peer pressure/positive environment at his daycare that is encouraging him to eat fruits and vegetables? There are foods that R will eat for Miss Jody but not for me. Excellent job pacing!  Maybe I need to run a half with you, my PR is 2:15:59 and I've just had shitty races since then.

eh- sorry you are feeling blah. I remember feeling so bloated and greasy the whole first tri. Glad the kids are excited.

Mer- I really like GAP/BR  Their stuff just fits me so nicely.

Ernie- DH told me all weekend he would vaccuum and never did. R is pretty chatty when he wakes. He said "Whew, I was tired!" when I went in there this morning.

E_rainrun- Does your baby sleep in a sleepsack?  I had to put R back in one because he was waking at 2:30 every morning complaining of being cold. I also added one of those oil circulating space heaters to his room to make it not so chilly.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

Oh, and I'm starting to regret my agreement to photograph my stepsister's wedding. I got texted a photo of the invitation to her shower that is on Sunday. Classy.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

mildly annoyed..the 2:15 cont pacer's chip time was 2:14:47, mine was 2:14:44.  I should have just stood at the finish until 2:14:59.

eh - glad that you got a midwife.  I don't know anyone who was disappointed in their mw experience, as opposed to lots of people dissatisfied with their OB.

mer - it shouldn't be too hard to find a half in May!

ernie - that timing company dude's mailbox must've been full last night..were your splits a lot better from following the pacer? my chip time was 2 secs off from my garmin.

e_rain - hi..why don't you tell us a bit about yourself?

spike - yeah I think he's hungry at school and that's what they serve, so he eats it.  As I've said before, if you fly me out there or get your butt to somewhere near here, I will kick your ass to a sub 2:15 finish.a

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

runninmer

zorbs - How was your run this morning?  You are right, races are a dime a dozen in the spring.  I think my biggest problem is that I have no one to run the races with.  To me, that is more than half the fun.

eh - Bummer about the pregnancy blahs.  Those suck.  Glad the kids are excited.  It will be a fun time. I hope the MW appointment went well.

ernie - I can't wait to see the pics of S.  Which reminds me that I need to get our 6 mo/3 year pics scheduled.

e_rain - Ah the crib.  I told DH this weekend that H is no longer allowed to nap on the dryer because on the weekends he doesn't nap for me.  Holy miles!  I thought my 20 was a lot!

spike - I love Gap too.  This was my first BR purchase.  I want to go in to the store and try on the pants, etc.  I figure if I watch for sales, and use my rewards, I might actually be able to afford the clothes!  Last night at the grocery store I said "shoot" and J repeated me in front of someone.  She laughed and said her 3 year old does the same.  I am amazed with the things J says that I know are coming out of DH's mouth.

Upcoming Races: 

runnergirl9508

RR: bootcamp followed by just over 5 miles this morning. We got about 2" of snow yesterday, so I ended up running a million .25mile loops through a quiet neighborhood to avoid icy roads. At least now I know where I can send my running clients to do 1/4mile repeats if they don't have track access.

TR: his vocabulary is exploding right now. Wanted to bring a ball with him in the car today, then into the grocery store. Whatever keeps you happy, kid! He's so sweet too- always kisses and hugs the baby goodnight. Let's hope he feels the same way when she arrives Smile

NRR: had a really relaxing weekend, which we needed. LR on Saturday, and some playtime outside in the afternoon. Sunday we just hung out and did some stuff around the house.

NRR2- one of my bootcampers from last month lost a total of 14#, and a combined 4.5" off her waist and hips. She was so excited!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

zorbs- I love progression runs- the kinks always seem to work out and it's great to finish feeling strong. Nice job on the pacing yesterday. Too bad they don't pay you- you'd be perfect for the job! YAY for preschool having positive influences on B!

reh- aw, hugs mama. I hope your MW apt goes well today. I go to an OB group that has 4 Drs. I rotate between all 4 for my appts. I like all but 1 of the OB's. Hope you're feeling better now too. Aww, so cute about the kids reaction to the baby! R kisses and hugs my belly Smile

Mer- I hope that you can find a spring race. There are TONS of race options here during May/June! How was your LR this weekend? Wow- first tooth already for H?! Hooray for J straying dry. Nice score on the shoes.

Ernie- HUGE congrats on your PR yesterday  in less than ideal conditions! Your marathon is going to rock. It wouldn't surprise me at all if you ran a 3:30 or better. Aww, I love the talkative wakeups! R's always chatty too- like he's telling me about his dreams or something. Ugh on DH not cleaning last night. I hope the pictures came out great!

E_rain- hello! I think I saw you posting last week that you're training for Boston- awesome! Nice mileage last week. Aww, I hope that your BR can get some sleep soon. How old is he? My DS is 2.5yrs and I'm 23 weeks pregnant with a little girl Smile

spike- nice job on the running! Ugh, I hear ya on the snow/weather. it's awful. Windchills were well-below zero here today- I didnt' even bother to look at the temp before I left. I just knew it was cold. Eff this winter. LOL on mama being drunk. Glad you had a good weekend with him. Yay for bossman being gone! WTF, a text of a photo of the invite?! Who does that?

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

RG- this is the most disorganized, slapshod wedding I have ever seen and that's saying something. That is so awesome about your bootcamp!  My R is talking so much now too. Everything is "very" right now- Very hot, very dangerous, very time-out.

Mer- I have only purchased BR items from the outlet mall. I haven't done much shopping since R was born, I want to go back to the awesome outlet malls north of Seattle again but *sigh* no money for that.

zorbs- I think some of my problem with R's eating habits, is that I ask him what he wants to eat on the weekends. Weekdays he's SOL and just gets leftovers but on the weekends he asks for Nuggets, waffles, cheese and stuff a lot.

runninmer

zorbs/spike - J has horrible eating habits.  He still doesn't eat meat...only the occasional ham sandwich.  He very commonly has a waffle or pancake for dinner.  I love the nights when he eats what we do.  I figure he is eating and growing.  He will eventually eat what we put on the table.  It is one fight I don't have the energy for.

rg - Yeah, it is hard to believe that he is only 5 months and has a tooth...but it is definitely there.  My LR this weekend was really good.  I ran Friday after work to get good temps and I am SO glad I did.  I ended with an average pace of 8:10.  That is rockin for me.  I have been splitting my runs in to loops which helps with the  mental game.  Friday it was a 7 mile loop and a 4 mile loop with a break in the driveway to drink some water.  (And I added .4 to get an even number for the month!)  OMG....that loop sounds SO boring....but better than the TM!  R will love his little sister!  I think a lot of it comes from the parents and how the talk about the sibling.  We spend a lot of time telling J how good of a big brother he is, encouraging him to give H kisses, to play with him, and we include H with story time, etc.  I want the boys to be close and I know I can't force it, but can encourage it right now!

Upcoming Races: 

superspike113

Honorary Old

Mer- R is a good eater for the most part, and he likes meat, he's just kind of picky about it. He doesn't really like actual pieces of meat like steak, chicken, etc- prefers it in sausage, ground, or nuggetized format. He did eat a piece of pork loin the other day, but I think it was mainly as a vehicle for ketchup. What we have been struggling with lately is attitude- he will shove his plate and say "I don't like it!" before even trying it. He's gotten a couple timeouts for knocking glasses over and making a huge mess.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

My R is talking so much now too. Everything is "very" right now- Very hot, very dangerous, very time-out.

sounds like doge.

http://lotoflaughters.com/the-best-of-the-doge-meme-27-pics/16/