Womens Running

Trotting on Tuesday Supermoms (Read 20 times)

runnergirl9508

Happy Birthday, Dexy!

RR: working 5-1 again today, so 5ish miles on my break.  I did end up with 7.5 total yesterday, ran 5 at work and 2.5 with R in the stroller in the afternoon.

TR: had a blast at the park. He's starting to follow the other kids around and play with them more. He was taking turns down a slide with a little girl yesterday, and he clapped for her every tiwe she went down.

NRR: need to buy a few party items today, and get a hold of SIL to see if she's coming or not.

Bermy: we were due about the same time! I was due Sept 9, but R showed up 2.5 weeks early.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

happy birthday Dexy!

RR - 10-11K with Sam.

TR - his vocabulary noticeably improved in the 3.5 days I was away.  Pool/splash pad this morning.

FR - chicken pie, salad.

NRR - DH decided over the weekend that his car was toast and bought a new one last night.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CTimesTwo

Morning,

ER - weights, core...

TR - had crazy amounts of energy with DH yesterday and was still all over the place when I got home, despite getting 3 time outs for hitting/throwing... hanging with the nanny today, not sure what they have planned.

NRR - meeting my 2 running friends for dinner tonight.. one of them is doing Ironman Louisville this weekend, and it'll be her 3rd Ironman.

NRR2 - my once loose jeans are now snug in the thighs... guess this means weight really is sticking this time, even though I wish the weight would gather in my thigh/hip area..

zorbs - your DH just went out and bought a car??  What was wrong with his?  Do your parents speak Cantonese to B?  My parents always forget and speak English to C way too often..

rg - nice job with the run!  I would love to take C in the stroller for a short run but lately she won't even go for a walk with me in the stroller..

RR: Hills Hills hills

FR: girlfriend bought me a choc covered icing filled doughnut! oh. so.delicious

WR: problems all over the place but none of my problem employees or problem solvers are in the same location.  I've never emailed/texted so much in my life.  if batteries start dying I'm on trouble

RG:  Love that R is getting more independent at the park!

Zorbs: My DH thinks that the reason my son mumbles is b/c I can understand him and that promotes the behavior. I've been trying hard to 'not' hear what he says  until the words are louder and spoken more clearly.  Its tough!

cx2: My coach just finished her 2nd Ironman - folks that do that have a huge amount of time and dedication, its amazing

Erniegirl

RR - ST

TR - Has taken her booty shaking dance to a whole new level now, with a bunch of crazy arm movements and a big cheesy grin. This is obviously a direct result of the fact that I sometimes put on music videos to keep her distracted and out of the kitchen while I'm making dinner.

FR - Sweet and spicy stir fry, with steak, red peppers and napa cabbage, rice

NRR - Library program this morning, probably splash park this afternoon. DH got our new deck about half finished on the weekend and is hoping to finish it next weekend, but that means our backyard is currently a construction zone and we can't go out the back door, so there's no hanging out in the backyard this week.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

beckykay

Morning!  Hooray the boys come home today!!!!!

RR:  5 on the trails.  I was only aiming for three - whoops!  Headlamp was not bright enough so I had to take it really slow (some dense fog out there).  Beautiful though.

TR:  Can't wait to see him!  Apparently he is coming home with a hoard of Phillies Fanatic stuff, yuck.

NRR: Finished up the laundry and cleaned up the kitchen last night.  We shall see how long it stays clean Smile

FR:  Probably out for dinner, since I don't want to dirty the clean kitchen.

Oh - my new pacesetter should be here later today, shoes tomorrow....this is shaping up to be a great week!

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - run swap day!  I think I'm going to do  hill repeats, yay Smile

TR - talking my ear off, can't wait for DH to take his share of the blabbering about wolves and frosty the snowman (seriously, it's august kid!).  She's fun, but it's exhausting keeping up with her imagination.

BR - moving around more and more!  Planning the date for her 1st birthday party!! Craziness.

FR - made a sweet potato hash last night, it was pretty good!  Need to come up with a plan for tonight.

NRR - DH is home, he got home sometime in the night, but is sleeping in a bit.  He said he bought all of us presents! Yay Smile

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

beckykay

RG:  Good job on the double yesterday.  So cute on the clapping.  I love it when C tells me "great job mom" when I go down the slide Smile

Zorbs:  Nice!  K has been bugging me for a new car but I've been holding off for awhile now.

Cx2:  My BFF did Louisville as her first full.  It was crazy warm that year.   Hope she has better weather!

Dexy:  Our run ended with a trip to dunkin donuts this morning.  I held out and just got coffee - only I forgot to say decaf.  Whoops!

Ernie:  Nice on the booty shaking!  I turn on the radio while I am in the kitchen doing dishes and we have a dance party. Smile

beckykay

CA:  LOL on frosty!  We are getting ready for the yearly polar express obsession...he usually starts around September and it end in Feb.

armmama

RR - 7 miles this morning and tennis match tonight plus gym later this morning for my free fitness analysis so I'll probably do some ST too.

RR2 - bought some new shoes for the marathon and I'm dying to try them out but am trying to wait a while.  They are the same version of one of the pairs I run in now.  I've been alternating between 2 pairs and I realized both pairs have at least 300 miles on them so it's getting to be time for new shoes anyway.

BR - noticed the 4 year old boy across the street hitting tennis balls with his dad in the driveway so he grabbed his tennis racquet out of the garage and ran right over and got between them.  So cute.  Got his feet measured for new shoes yesterday and they put him in an 8!  No wonder I was having a hard time getting his size 6's on his feet.

KR - DD2 had a great ride to my parent's house and loved having lunch with her grandma and her nana.  She'll be spoiled this week!  I took the other 3 kids to the mall of america and did some school shopping for the girls.  We spent 6 hours there and I was exhausted, but also really thankful for how easy and normal it was since DD2 was with my mom.

FR - pork chops on the grill, green beans

NRR - need to do some general clean up and laundry and should also go to the pool since it's so hot out today!

rg - so cute about R clapping for the little girl.  L sort of plays with the little boy across the street but mostly they just fight over toys. Wink  I need to get going on planning something for L's birthday, it's going to sneak up on me.  I imagine we'll just invite over famly. I try to hold out on doing kid birthday parties until they beg for them.

zorbs - wow, that was a quick purchase!  Has he been looking at cars at least?  My DH has been talking about getting a new car since April, not sure when/if it'll ever happen.

cx2 - does your ironman friend have kids?  I can't imagine putting in the training for that many ironmans!  Great job on the weight gain!

dexy - happy birthday!  Yay on the donut!  Enjoy your hills Smile

ernie - L is a dancer too, so cute!  Too bad about the backyard but hopefully soon it'll be better than ever!

becky - I'm sure your boys missed you!  do you run trails by yourself?  I am such a chicken I'm not sure I could, but it sounds fun.  Yay for new running gear!

nolamama

CQTM

Morning Ladies,

ER: ST at gym.

TR: She is really starting to understand more, even though she isn't using many words. I can ask her to pick up her cup and she will...or I hold out my hand and tell her we're leaving...and she runs to me. So cute.

NRR: My face has been ridiculously breaking out the past two days...like out of control. I'm thinking I'm about 6 or 8 DPO so it's possible hormones could be causing this. Hmmmm...things to think about.

rg: when is the party? This weekend? Wow, 2 yrs old!

zorbs: what kind of car did he get? I'm waiting for DH to get sick of his car, although I'm loving that it's paid off.

cx2: that is good that you've been able to put on a few pounds. I'm going to need to be super good about my diet with no running. Luckily, I've been pretty good lately, though.

ernie: it looks like ST day for lots of us! A loves to dance, too, and does crazy booty shaking and hand waving.

becky: you keep overdoing your miles! it must be nice out on the trails.

dexy: HAPPY BDAY! I want a donut now. Angry

arm: what kind of shoes do you wear?

CA: have fun doing your hill repeats. I know, the first year (well, and second) just flied by. I can't believe she is almost 1!

beckykay

Arm:  LOL on trying to squeeze him a smaller size.  I did that this spring.  I was like why won't this shoe go on right....doh!  Hooray for new shoes!  I bought some to rotate since my shoes usually only last me 350 miles or so and I am racking up the miles on the ones I have.  I went with something different though so I am going to hold off trying them out.   I run trails solo and with a group.  Sometimes I just meet the group and go off and do my own thing since I am soooooo slow on them.  I always run with my phone though so I can call someone if I get hurt.   That and I can take pretty pictures Smile

The boys are about half way home!  I hope they stop here to see me and I don't have to wait until 5 to kiss my little boy Smile

beckykay

Nola:  Sorry to hear about the sfx Sad  Yeah, I don't have that problem on the roads - only on the trails.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Happy birthday, Dexy!

RR:  4.1 miles. I haven't been able to manage farther than 4.2 miles since my race because of poomonster attacks every time.

TR: Stayed dry all day. He got a popsicle after dinner last night as a reward and I told him he could have one again today if there was a repeat.  He's such a goof, I love him. I bought about $15 worth of crap at the dollar store to keep him entertained on the plane ride to grandma's tomorrow.

FR: Odds and ends, we are down to a few measly vegetables, some chicken kielbasa and condiments in the fridge. Grocery store will be my first stop when we return from our trip.

NRR: Need to pack for my trip. I started packing a couple days ago, I couldn't help myself. I'm a big planner/list maker.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- yes, please send me pics of the pillow. You should try lattice smocking next http://www.allfreesewing.com/Sewing-Tips-and-Tricks/Lattice-Smocking

Runnergirl- are you doing a big party or just family? I went low-key this year.

zorbs- its amazing how quickly they develop. I swear R feels like he gained 5 lbs while I was in Vancouver, he is so heavy!

cx2- glad you were able to gain some weight- its good for you!  I got really skinny when R was 10-14 mos, but I gained a few lbs back after he was totally weaned and stuff.

Dexy- I've been craving donuts lately, eat one for me.

Ernie- video of the crazy booty dancing or it didn't happen Wink

Becky- Yay for new lulu stuff and seeing C!

CA- I need to find someone to run swap with. R has been watching a Madagascar holiday movie on Netflix that is Valentine's day/Christmas over and over again.

armama- I just bought R a half size up in shoes and I think he will probably only wear them a couple more weeks, they are snug! You should break in your shoes so you have 50-100 miles on them by race day. You should try them out right away in case you don't like them and need to return them.

NOLA- Yikes on the breakout. My siblings all have trouble with acne, but really the only time I've had bad skin was while pregnant. My face was an oil factory when I was knocked up.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07