Womens Running

Time for School Tuesday Supermoms (Read 25 times)

runnergirl9508

Morning Supermoms~

Back to school for most of the kids around here today. Should make the morning interesting!

RR: starting Crunch and Run class this morning, hoping for a good turnout for class. Will run more miles after class as I'd like to hit 8 total for the day.

TR: traveled really well this weekend. had a blast playing with his cousins, and he ate great at all of his meals, trying lots of new foods He actually eats better away from home than at home, weird.

NRR: had a nice weekend- we stayed with DH's younger sister and her DH and their boy who's the same age as R. it was so relaxed, and the boys played well together. we only get to see SIL/BIL when they come up to MIL's house when we're up visiting, so it was nice to spend most of the weekend with just them.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 8ish kms with 3K tempo.  Cutback week and I NEED it.  I was looking at my DM log from the last week or so and every run was "this sucked."  Humidity suddenly went away yesterday afternoon so I hope today will be better.

TR - seems to be scared of everything lately.  Somehow, I don't think he is actually scared, I think he just likes saying that he is scared.  The cute part is he'll come up randomly to me for hugs & kisses.  Peed on the potty twice yesterday.  I actually showed him the candy instead of just saying I'd give him candy.  He said he was scared to potty, so I held his hand while on it and he went!

FR - crockpot pulled pork, kale slaw.

NRR - back to a full schedule of piano teaching today.  Wish I could ease into it, like only work 2.5 hours instead of 4-5.

~~~~~~~

rg - I remember a few times when B ate better at grandma's house, but bah, those days are gone now too. Sad

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

running eh

RR - 5.5 easy miles.  It's recovery week here too.

KR - back to school today - DD starts today, but DS starts tomorrow b/c he goes M,W,F

FR - spent yesterday roasting squash, tomatoes and beets. YUM!

NRR -  LOVING this cooler weather!

RG - glad you had a nice weekend, sounds like you survived the clam steam.  Does DH's family make sure there is something you can eat or do they leave it up to you to figure it out.  I hope that class goes well for you!!

Zorbs - do you make the kale slaw?  I need that recipe!  Yay for potty training, sounds like success.  DD2 has started w. being scared of everything too - so has our dog - weird!  Hope piano goes well.  Do you have a lot of new students?

BermyHorse

RR: recovery run for me today 5m ish later this afternoon. Yesterday I did 8m -  5m easy then plyo drills and strides all outside and then 3m tempo - started at 7.19s and then dropped to 6.58s. Did it on treadmill with 1% incline as per my orders. Was totally do-able and feel I have turned another corner. I listened to some pretty angry hip hop which was weird for me (not the hip hop, but the angry bit) and it really helped. Tomorrow I have track again. We found a goal 5k race for a time trail - 5th Oct up in a flat park and it's a quiet race so now I have something to work towards. We haven't talked about goal race pace or plan or anything yet so I am waiting.

NRR: leading a bf-ing counselling meeting all morning. Have bermy5 coming over. We invited her and her family over on Sat and I cooked brunch and got to know them better. Her DD (7) asked when could she babysit my DS. It was too adorable. We went for a long drive and hike on sat in Chattanooga and hiked around an old fort - DS ran most of it. Very cute. DH wanted to go to TRU to get some toys for DS. We are now the proud owners of a 2ft foam, pretty realistic, tyrannosaurus. DH nicknamed him Baron Naughty Teeth. Nearly finished DH's yoga blanket. I am so proud of this project. I am just sewing the backing blanket on and it's all by hand even this bit. Started 2 rows of Marie's bermy blanket and need to finish it.

TR: is getting really precise about where he wants us to sit/stand/play and will tell us exactly. It's funny. He's pretty assertive and it's cute. DH and I have this dorky owl call that we use to find each other when we can't find each other (in stores etc) - it's very funny. I do it with DS and now he can't stop. It's hilarious.

FR: crock pot chili on the fast metabolism diet. I prepared it all last night so I just need to shove it in base and switch it on.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

runninmer

Morning...back to work today!

RR:  Ha!  There will be no exercise for this girl until at least Friday.  Walking around the building and a LOT of standing for me.

TR:  Missed having him up this morning.  We started the tradition of taking a first day of school pic when he was just 4 months old.   This morning he was sleeping. Sad  Had a really good day yesterday.  We took a walk last night and had him walk with us.  He did awesome.  We crossed the choo choo tracks, then turned around and did it again.  A train happened to go by so we watched that and he was in HEAVEN!

NRR:  Back to school fun.  These first  three days are going to be really long ones for me.  (Leave at 6:30am home at 8:30pm).  Keeps it interesting.

FR:  Loving chocolate milk right now.

PGR:  36 weeks.  Crazy to think it could really happen any day now.

From a while ago...

spike - I have submitted for 8 weeks off and an contemplating 12.  However, anything after 6 is unpaid and I am not sure if we can swing that or not.

mrszm - J knows that a baby is coming, but I don't think he gets the reality of what will happen.  (Obviously)  He did shout out baby's name a few times the other day unprompted which was pretty cool.  We have his "I'm the Big Brother" shirt all packed and ready to go!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Erniegirl

RR - 6k easy. I did a trail run while we were camping that looped all the way around the lake. It was crazy hilly, with lots of tree roots to trip over, and very rocky in parts, but so beautiful.

TR - Had a blast camping and getting filthy, of course. Learned lots of new words this weekend: hello, cheese, RP and her DH's names, car, water, good girl, and how to hoot like an owl. So brave in the lake (maybe too brave!). I had to chase her into the water as soon as we stepped foot on the beach, and she ran in all the way up to her neck.

FR - Ginger beef, snap peas and rice.

NRR - Summer break is over, so the community centre is re-opened for me to take S to for drop in play and programs. It will be nice to catch up with people, plus I heard there will be brownies and coffee there for everyone today Big grin. Contrary to everyone else, I am NOT thrilled about this sudden fall-like weather (although I'm sure it will be glorious while I'm running!)

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CTimesTwo

Morning all,

ER - ST/Core

TR - just dropped her off at daycare.. and she cried and cried... there was another little girl and it was her first day also.  I was impressed that she was so calm... then her mom left and she started wailing too... so the teachers will have their hands full this morning... I miss her already.

NRR - working from home today and tomorrow.. unlike most of my company, i don't enjoy working from home.  I feel lonely..

NRR2 - DH's first day back at school...he didn't realize until last night he was only teaching primary grades this year.. usually he has a couple classes with an older grade... he doesn't mind though, he feels more comfortable with the younger grades because they're more fun to play with.

zorbs - yay for the peeing in the potty!

rg - i think C eats better away from home too... we went out for lunch on Sunday and she was eating tons.. Crunch and Run sounds painful, i'm not sure I'd survive that class..

eh - read your FR and thought, Those are 3 foods DH will not eat.. sigh..

bermy - when we're in a place and DH can't find me, he just yells my name as loud as he can until I respond.. sometimes I don't answer b/c it's embarrassing how loud he is.

mer - wow that's a long day...that's just for the first 3 days right, not every day, i hope..

ernie - i love fall weather not just for running, but my allergies improve!  Yes S sounds like an adventurous toddler.. i'm guessing she'll be the kind that will want to bungee jump or sky dive...

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

eh - the kale slaw I bought in a bag from No Frills.  It has kale, cabbage and brussels sprouts and some creamy poppyseed dressing and a bag of dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds. I probably have a few new students but I won't know until I get there and see my schedule for tonight.

bermy - I have a 5K on Sunday and I haven't listened to music during a race for several years but thinking about doing it again just to light a fire under my ass for the short race.  My dad has this amazing stalker ability, where my mom and I will be shopping in a mall and he's just able to find us in any random store.  He can also find me perfectly after a race too, and I am frustrated when DH cannot find me so easily.

mer - wow, long days!  Do you have a sub lined up?

ernie - I of course am waiting for the first frost so the mosquitoes can die die die!

cx2 - B started going to daycare when he was 4 weeks old and his first year I tried out a bunch of gyms, so I'd throw him in random gym childcares and he has never cried. And never cried when I left him with sitters either.  So hopefully the pattern will continue when he starts school next year.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - runswap, our last one... Welp Sad

TR - currently downstairs playing with her sisters presents. Has already asked me where we are going today, I'm very glad that next week it'll be MIL's problem to entertain her from after she crashes from this family entertaining her week!

bR - seems more baby-like than most of the other babies I know her age but I'm good with that, time goes too quickly so she has my permission to go slow.

FR - something healthy!!

NRR - my parents might make an offer on a house near me!! I'm going to go with them this afternoon to see it. I hope it all works out.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 4.97 miles, was fighting a losing battle with the poomonster.

TR: asked for pickles for breakfast. Took him to the playground at one of the gradeschools yesterday for 2 hours. It was awesome because he could do most of the toys himself and there were no swings for me to get stuck pushing for an hour muahaha

FR: Chile verde pork last night, tonight- something NOT spicy.

NRR: House is coming along nicely. I bought my fridge and stove this weekend. I can't get DH to look at house colors with me. Next thing we need to decide on is countertops- we looked at tile and flooring but it was hard to decide on that without having the countertops play into it.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

runnergirl- how are things going with starting your business?

zorbs- my running has been sucky too. I need to pick out a couple shorter fall races to train for. Yay for potty!

Eh- so jealous that you have roasting weather. Its been 80's during the day but only cooling down to upper 60's low 70's at night Sad

Bermy- R has been into dinosaurs lately too. Whoever invented that Dinosaur Train show is a genius.

Mer- Good luck with your mat leave! I did 8 weeks off, 2 weeks part time (prob not an option for you though). Next time I will take more leave. Yay for being so close, you look great!

Ernie- I know I say this all the time but your FR sounds delish

cx2- C will adjust. R misses daycare on the weekends and is desperate to play with other kids by the time Monday rolls around.

CA- my niece turns 1 on Sunday and I forgot how baby-like they still are at age 1. I think 18 mos is when they start feeling like toddlers. Are you weaning O when you return to work?

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

Oh remember how I posted about that stuff I ordered from Kohl's on Friday? yeah my order never went through but they redeemed my $30 of Kohl's cash that I tried to use with the order and its not valid anymore. I emailed them and they said to allow for 6 BUSINESS DAYS for a response. WTF?!

CTimesTwo

CA - yea, I look at C and think that she doesn't look or act like other toddlers her age... but i'm also ok with her growing up slowly.. Smile

spike - we have dark hardwoods and they look awesome but they show dirt sooo easily... if i could change our wood i'd go with something lighter but still in the darker range... the one thing I hated to pick out was light fixtures..  too many lights to find fixtures for!

runnergirl9508

back for personals....

RR2: ended up with 7.25 miles this morning, would have been 8 if I hadn't had to stop 3 times for PM (ugh, Spike I feel your pain :/) class went well, had 2 ladies show up who run about the same pace as each other, so that made it easy for me on the planning aspect of things.

zorbs- hope the piano lessons go well today. great job on your tempo today, enjoy your cutback week! sounds like B is cute about the hugs when he's scared. lol about him holding your hand on the potty. mmm, how do you make your kale slaw?

reh: enjoy your recovery week! mmm, all those roasted veggies make me excited for fall harvest! this break from the heat/humidity is awesome. yes, I survived the clam steam, it was quite nice actually. ha, their idea of something for a vegetarian is chicken- uh nope, nice try. there was a fruit salad and a nice big tossed salad for me there.

Bermy: your running has been so strong lately, I can't wait to see you smoke your 5K PR next month!!! WOW o that tempo run- you rocked it! hope the bfding meeting goes well today, have you heard of the group human milk for human babies? it's a group designed to help connect moms who want to donate BM with those who are in need of it. pretty cool! wish I had known about it before I weaned R, I had about 75oz of BM in the freezer I had to throw away. Sad   Your DS sounds just like mine, R will point to a specific spot on the grass where he wants me to roll his ball, or a spot on the floor where DH has to sit to read him his books. it's cute. lol on the owl call.

mer: hey, mama welcome back!!! your pic on FB looked great this morning, such a cute belly! cute about the walk with J! R has been walking to/from the park this summer (.7 mile round trip) rather than riding in his stroller. last night he walked alongside us as we walked the dog after dinner, it was about a mile walk. i'm always amazed by their stamina, esp with such short legs compared to ours! glad you were able to have such a great summer with him.

ernie: wow, that trail run sounds awesome! hahaha, S sounds like a character, and glad she had a fun time camping. yay for the rec center being reopened. haha, brownies and coffee?! great incentive to start working out again Wink

Cx2: you've been so consistent with your ST/core lately, great job! awww, poor C on the drop off. is it her first day at the new place? yeah, I don't think i'd be great at working from home, there's too much temptation to do other things like laundry and cleaning! and you'd totally be fine with class. hope your DH's first day back goes well!

CA- awww, bummer on the last runswap! enjoy your run today. lol on M asking you where you're going today. I LOVED the pics on FB from O's party, she is such a smiley happy girl! yay for a house near you I hope it works out.

spike- ugh on the PM, sorry. sounds like a fun time at the playground yesterday. R is outgrowing his swing obsession, now it's the tallest slide, or the crazy high jungle gyms, eek! haha on pickles for bfast, did he eat them? yay for appliances purchased!!! things are slow right now, I've written a bunch of training plans and today was the start of my first class. hoping to add in a few more next month. and I'd be wicked pissed about the kohls thing!!! i'd be calling their HQ and bitching my way up the chain.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

spike- ugh on the PM, sorry. sounds like a fun time at the playground yesterday. R is outgrowing his swing obsession, now it's the tallest slide, or the crazy high jungle gyms, eek! haha on pickles for bfast, did he eat them? yay for appliances purchased!!! things are slow right now, I've written a bunch of training plans and today was the start of my first class. hoping to add in a few more next month. and I'd be wicked pissed about the kohls thing!!! i'd be calling their HQ and bitching my way up the chain.

I meant to all weekend but didn't have the time.