Womens Running

FRIYAY FRIYAY FRIYAY (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

16.2 miles for me. The last 6 were at MP.

Great run!! I really wish my 20+ run was this week instead of next week. I was full of energy and felt like I hadn't run in days! Was nice Smile Rain wasn't too bad. It was a slow steady rain but it only lasted the first 3-4 miles tapered off and then came back when I was on my final 2 miles. Kept the MP between 9:00-9:50..I seemed to stick around 9:30. My watch kept beeping at me saying I was too slow the first mile or two..but my pace on my watch said 9:30. Weird. I kept a pretty steady pace though.

Going to be busy today. Have a lot on my todo list. I rebelled against the dress code and wore a hoodie to work. Sorry not sorry. My feet are hurting too I was about to wear Uggs..but didn't want to push it TOO far Smile

Yeeeahhh budddyyyy looking forward to some SPAGHETTI tonight!!! Smile Smile Smile

Sandy & Cathy - I wore the vest for the first mile but then I got hot. Haha, I just left it at my driveway and kept a long sleeve on. I am going to use that more often though!

Diane – You know you reminded me that my thick winter gloves are actually ski gloves! So I wore those today. Thanks! Smile

Docket – Nice job on that 10 yesterday morning! Loved that picture of you! Oh no!! I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I hope it is normal and nothing to worry about.Keep us posted.

Lisa – Are you working while you are in TX? LOL at your bra comparison. I missed your humor around here!!

Tessa – What distance are you going to do at Brazos?! NICE run yesterday!!! I need to do some speed work on my new treadmill. Heck, I need to try it out period. Haha. That’s upsetting about the woman getting fired. Well, more upsetting for her 13 year old Sad I get very irritated with people who are always late. My theory..if you are not early then you are late.

Hand warmers – they last about 10 hours. I found a trick that if I only use them for a few hours on my run, when I get home I zip them up in a ziplock and you can resuse! I am sure they won’t last the full 10 hours that way. I try to use them twice. They hardly weigh anything..I don’t know..an ounce? I stick them in my mittens – or sometimes I will use one and switch hands every once in a while. I may use them more than others – bad habit of nicotine makes the circulation not so good in hands in feet. Just starting noticing that the past couple years. LOL on the wagon – though with how much we carry for long runs – a wagon would be helpful!

Cathy – You know I was thinking last night that when I was in DD’s grade and in 5th grade they never offered anything like that – especially cross country. That’s really cool that her school does things like that. Oh..and were you wearing Saucony Kinvaras!?! It came to me on my run this morning Smile

Run4kupcakes – SNOW?! How are you getting it and we aren’t?! Not fair  Smile I bet a trail run would be fun in the snow! Its been so warm maybe it won’t stick to the roads?

Margaret – Sorry work has been tough this week! Glad you stuck to the plan and carbo loaded instead J Are you excited?!?! You’re making me want to bake brownies now…..hmmm…

Off to go through some emails. Hoping this day goes by fast! I need go to home and foam roll..or take a nap.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Half Crazy K 2.0

Lizzie, don't be jealous. Sunday we get snow changing to rain. Not supposed to be much snow.

dhuffman63

Trails

I am hating this office today....it's 19 degrees, I have a LS shirt, a fleece hoodie, and a sweater on and am drinking coffee and my hands are freezing.  Next time I go to walmart or academy I'm getting some of those gloves with the fingers off.

Lizzie since my first 50k is Mar 24 and up in KS I may buy some of those ski mittens myself.  I am so hoping for good weather for it. If it's below 30 I may just volunteer...in one of the heated buildings, instead of walking it.  I have no problem in the heat but once I get cold I can not get warm without a very hot bath and even then I need to crawl into my flannel sheets.  I can't seem to put on any "winter insulation".

Hi HCK...I usually miss you as I don't log back on after work.  You all can keep all the snow.  And the damn cold too...lol.

I need to go back and read yesterday's post.

dhuffman63

Trails

Lisa...just kidding...you already know how slow I run so I'll be happy to see you lap me...lol. All my 50ks leading up will give me some clues as to how it might go.

Karen!  Really the 100!  OMG that's incredible.

Ginny....holy cats that would be awesome if you did the HM.

Tessa it would be fabulous to see you!

Margaret, perhaps you could me do the 50?

Lizzie, it's a marathon and a trail so you could say you ran a trail race without it being hilly or technical!

Sandy?  Any other takers?  Going to be a party.

TGIF!!!

Back is much better today.  I did core this morning.  

Wow Lizzie--great miles!

Diane--Maybe you should get a small electric blankie for the office?  I got a lap sized one for my old man weimaraner one year.  Being at work is miserable enough without freezing!!

I hope the wind calms down before tomorrow's duathlon! 36F and the wind is about 20 mph.  YIKES!!!

Have a great day everyone!!

dhuffman63

Trails

I do have a fleece blanket Sue, we aren't allowed any electric heater type things since some of these so called adults are irresponsible.  Glad your back is better and good luck on the Dua...which one are you doing?

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Friday!  5 degrees this morning, but at least it was sunny and not too windy.  Walking the dogs yesterday afternoon was miserable.  There was a lot of jogging involved.    DD's play went well.  It was really cute.  The girl that was the narrator spoke with a faux British accent, it was hilarious.  Even her mom was trying not to laugh.

Lizzie, awesome job on the MP run!  Haha, the best plan with winter running is to do loops near your house so you can drop layers off or pick them up.    Yes, I was wearing Saucony Kinvaras.    I was wearing a hat when I started so I didn't put my hair in a ponytail.  But then I got hot and took the hat off.  Usually I don't run like that, my hair will blow around and go into my face.  I look like a wild woman, eh?    You know, I bought some hand warmers last year and I never used them!  They are still in my closet.  Wonder if they are still good?

Diane, I would not be able to work in my office without my little heater!  Too bad they do not allow you to use them.

Sue, glad the back is better!  Good luck on your Du!  I hope the wind cooperates.

Damaris, the arm challenge is fine.  I did both yesterday.    Do you think anyone else wants to do it?  I hope your mom is OK.

Kupcakes, I hope things work out for your trail half!  It seems like you have been running really well!

Tessa, I hope that family keeps coming to church.

Elina, haha, I can imagine your glee at finding that book.     Yes, there is already a lot of drama at the age of 10.  

Kat, it sounds like you will be really prepared for Antelope!

Cathy

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I woke up with a huge headache, so bad I threw up at Starbucks, lol.  Feeling much better and in court, which is lucky...for the guy that is against me today.  Pilates tonight.

Hubby is at the neuro right now for his checkup.  I was on the podium when my Fitbit vibrated with the words: It grew and I freaked out.  Only to read the rest of his texts when I sat down that said: I know, I can feel it, lol.  I am going to kill him when I see him next.

Lizzie, nice job on the MP run.

HCK, I would prefer snow rather than rain, but not sure.

Diane, don't they have a heater there?  Stay warm!

Susan, those winds sound brutal!  Hoping the wind calms down for your duathlon.

Cathy, oops, I already forgot the challenge.  Sigh.  Can you repost it?  I'll do both days today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Sort of rest day for me. Traveling to Dallas for weekend then back to Detroit. Will run there but no races.

Tessa-when it gets closer to Brazos, I may even look at an Airbnb for the weekend. Fast intervals for you! the late starters are so annoying.

HalfCrazy-hope the weather times itself well for your drive!

Margaret-you are diligent about plans! So the marathon.  Someone posted about a pie aid station.

Lizzie-nice FriYay miles! Yes. I have been working remote while here. took over Karen's husband's office at her place and the empty apartment at DD's place. Not using "vacation" if I can help it.

Diane-that's crazy for your office conditions! I was shocked at Piney Woods that I wasn't lapped by anyone...not a 50k or 20 mile runner. We did a 10.3 mile loop 3 times, the 20's did a slightly shorter 10 mile loop twice. Other than the .33 out/back it was the same loop. I figured I had somehow messed things up that I wasn't lapped. I'm not used to that. We had to draw circles in the air to figure out how it wasn't possible.

Sue-a duathlon in those weather conditions wouldn't be fun.. running one thing but the bike would suck.

Cathy-Jogging = running in my book. LOL

Damaris-I gag at Starbucks prices but haven't actually upchucked there! Hope you feel better!

Lisa

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Damaris, since I have issues posting pictures, hopefully one of these will work.  

Monthly arm challenge

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipOz-krQwdDs_wozISJTFrZ0j_tPtD6zVpvB7hnT

dhuffman63

Trails

Damaris, I hope  you hear good things from DH...how scary to get a text like that when you can't respond.  I hope your mom is doing well also.  You seem to be having a lot of migraine type headaches lately...are you doing OK?

Seloc

Cathy - I never really understood how to tell if a gas station skimmer was on the pump but now I will do like you and tug on it a bit!  Puhlease on thieves getting privacy.  That is ridiculous!  Awwww I was hoping for a cool shirt for the running group kinda like Team Beef   That's cute that older DD is doing yoga with her teachers - sounds like she REALLY likes school!  I LOVED your running pics!  But, my first thought was same as Lizzie - how on earth can you run without a hair tie?  LOL

Kat - LOL on running in a parka.  Kinda sad to say you do kinda get used to it.  We were noticing today that it -11* didn't feel too bad since there was no wind.  Shoot, bummer the glasses didn't work out.  Hope you made it to the grocery!  I suspect our refrigerators looked very similar.  You are shadowing the other job this weekend, is it?

Tessa - I will wear fitted shorts and lined pants (made for cycling which work well since the are fitted and windproof) on bottom, heavy long sleeve, vest and shell on top.  Of course hat, mittens and balaclava.  Nice lunch miles.  Sounds like too much drama with the choir.

Elina - I've never been able to find a face mask that doesn't make me feel like I am suffocating.  It's been a number of years since I've tried so maybe I should try again.  I, instead, use a homemade balaclava which is just a tube of polar fleece with elastic at the top which allows me to keep it up over my nose but can pull down if I need to.  So, really, it's the area around the eyes that freeze but I do slather with Vaseline which helps.  Some people around here wear ski goggles which I could look into.  In the meantime, I'll just whine   You deserve a rest day, lady!!  And it's almost your weekend!  Hope you get to sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.  Look at you getting all leern-ed on American football hee hee.

Lizzie - Right!  I can hardly EVER make myself run less than 5 when I run outside.  Just doesn't seem worth dirtying the clothes haha.  Oh, I bribe myself with beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer.  You crack me up with your love of spaghetti!!  I haven't ready today's post, yet, and I'm excited to see how it went!  I wonder why you always feel like crap after a long run.  What kind of crap?  That doesn't sound good.

Damaris - 6 at night followed by 10 the next morning??  OMG you are amazing.  And OMG a fist in the psoas would put me through the ROOF!!  I never thought about how that impacts the hips, too.  My right psoas is suuuuuuuuuuper tight and the right SI joint often goes out so looky there - correlation!  I'm so sorry about your mom!  Sending healing thoughts to both her and Bugsy.

Lisa - jealous of all your MX food down there in TX!  Nice job getting the miles in while away - that can be tough.  LOL on comparing race profile to bra size.  That's a new one!  LOL

HCK - yikes on the drive to your trail half if you go.  Stay safe but good luck if you decide to make the trek!!

Gatsby - sorry for the rough week.  I swear, that dang full moon made everything topsy turvy.  Good move on brownies over miles.  You need your fuel for the big 50K!!  Excited for you to suceced in the couch to 50K training program!!  

Lizzie2 - WOOHOO for killer run!  OMG, girl, you are getting SO FAST!!  Glad the vest worked.  But, I have to ask - what kind is it?  I'm picturing you running in a puffer jacket which makes me laugh.  Not AT you, mind you!  Kinda teasing, too.  it really doesn't matter in the end.  Hope your day goes fast so you can get home and rest!  And eat.  

Diane - I have those fingerless gloves in my office, too!!

Sue - glad the back is feeling better!  Oh man, BIKING in 36* and 20mph winds??  No thanks!!  But, good luck to you!!!

Cathy - LOL at the faux British accent.  So cute!  I woulda been cracking up.  No wind makes SUCH a difference, doesn't it??

Damaris2 - yuck on the pukey headache!  That DH!

LIsa2 - sahweeet you can avoid PTO and work remote.  Definitely a nice change of scenery and nice to be able to keep up with the work that doesn't seem to quit.  At least in my world.  Safe travels!

Whew, this has taken awhile.  Waves to everyone to come!  These customers are deciding TODAY to freak out about the big event on Sunday.  Seriously.  I've been meeting with one in particular for WEEKS discussing their needs and expectations and a little over an hour ago they all changed.  Grrrrrrr.  Anywayyyyyy - 2mi on the track, TRX/Bells class, 1mi on the track.  Gonna be cold tomorrow morning but one RB wants to meet at 6:15 for 6 mi and then I will continue from there.  Good because then I won't procrastinate haha.  Lunch after with an injured RB.  She also wants to walk but I secretly hope we don't haha.  I do have to work during the game on Sunday - well, be available online "just in case".  Blerg.  I will try not to crack a beer until the end of the 1st quarter but can't promise anything! Happy FriYAY to all!!

Anonymous Guest

Good morning! I'm heading out soon for a few easy miles. I may or may not ride my bike (my duathlon is not this coming weekend but the next one, so I've been trying to get on the bike a couple times a week). And I need to get groceries and stop at the dry cleaners. That is pretty much all the excitement I've got going for today.

Brazos Bend - I am considering attempting the 100 miler. Considering. It seems like a good one for me to try it (flat and really really hard to get lost, no roots or rocks to trip over, etc.) and since Lisa is only doing the marathon, I'd have a pacer nearby for one of the middle of the night 16.7 mile loops. I booked a hotel in the area for the night before since I can easily cancel if I don't run, but will probably keep it even if I do run so I can hang out with all you people running. Or I would be in for an airbnb like Lisa suggested if there is something down that way.

Liz, awesome run for you! I'm glad now I never made it on here yesterday, because my suggestion for the weather was "blow it off and run another time." Those of us that don't work have a lot more flexibility when dealing with the weather .

Diane, sounds like most of the offices I've worked in. We would regularly blow a fuse in my one office because there were two of us always freezing. If both of us were running space heaters and then someone sent something to the printer......fuse blown. We learned where the breaker box was and which switch it was, but the building engineer would get really mad when we switched it back on ourselves.

Susan, hope the weather calms down for your race. I've just started weather stalking for the following weekend. Since I haven't ridden my tri bike in ages, I'm hoping I don't get winds like that, as I'm not used to riding in the aero bars. I guess I should at least ride the thing around the neighborhood this weekend. Anyway, good luck to you!

Cathy, glad DD's play went well. I bet it was adorable. I might consider an arm challenge. I guess I better consider soon.

Damaris, you have had a rough few days. Your mom, your husband, your migraine, your empanadas, geez. I hope things start looking up.

Lisa, safe travels to you. Dallas is a quick little flight. Glad you were able to get some time in with DD.

Hi to everyone I missed yesterday. And the day before. And today. I'm off to accomplish something.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Brazos Bend -- 50m probably. I do not think I could stand a 100m. Even with 30 hours that would be difficult for me to do and I don't anticipate having the time to get into shape for it. Not to mention 6 16+ mile loops? Urgh.

No worries though about completing or not, I already have Texas. Did Houston in 2004.

Liz, good on the 16 miler! Yes, nicotine is very bad for circulation in the extremities. It constricts capillaries. Are you still smoking? If yes, STOP.

Margaret, sorry work went pear shaped this week. Brownies are good. No comment on the beer, but hope you found one if you wanted it.

Kupcakes, hope the driving conditions are OK for your race -- and that racing conditions are also good!

Diane, so sorry for you being cold. I've worked in places where they don't allow heaters too. People smuggle them in anyway. Likewise their own coffee makers, toasters, microwaves, and fridges. The new open plan office is likely to stop all of that. No assigned desks and nowhere to conceal any of the illegal appliances.

Susan, ugh on the cold windy du. At least it's a du and not a tri.

Cathy, not surprised you are running the dogs to keep warm! I would guess they do not like being hurried along since most dogs want to stop and sniff and see who's just been along.

Mother and daughter were at handbell choir rehearsal last night but mom claimed she wasn't feeling well and left before choir rehearsal. We'll see if they show up on Sunday. Handbells aren't playing this Sunday but the choir is singing (we get a week off every 5-6 weeks when there's a band instead, though many choir members are in that as well).

Damaris, sorry you were not feeling well! Hope it improves. Hoo boy. If your DH thought he was being funny, I hope you disillusion him of THAT notion.

Just printed off directions to the trail head from Diana's hotel. Looking forward to running with her tomorrow! I know where the hotel is, I worked in the office building in the same complex for part of one year, but I haven't done this trail before. I've run up the mountain but from the north side not the south.

And 3.5 this morning. RN had to go to work early so she did not run. She was invited tomorrow but can't make it, she and her DH are at an aid station at a trail 50 on the other side of the county.

Busy weekend planned again -- FE/run, tangerine pick, new neighbors are coming by to meet us tomorrow evening (we left cookies and a welcoming note on their doorstep), WW, church. No interest in the Stupid Bowl.