Womens Running

Forever Friday (Over 40) (Read 16 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

It is Friday! Joy!

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Marjorie3137, getting out some old but fun projects can also help to raise your Dad's spirits. As an older person, I can definitely attest to that. My spirits are definitely lifted by those things. They help the depression. I work in my personal library, play Solitaire (like Grandma did) and do needlework.

The abs are better as I worked on them again yesterday for 35 minutes. It felt good.

Today will probably be a combination of run and cardio. If the weather would break I could get back to the track and see how the heel manages. That is my next goal.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

5 miles on the TM this morning.  I felt really good as I had only planned on 4.

Judy...I am with you on wishing the weather would break.  I don't know about you , but I am constantly cold, work is cold, home is cold, my feet are only toasty when I am in bed.  So want this to be over.

Good morning to all..

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

Oh my gosh was it cold this morning!

I totally blew off my bike trainer ride last night. Instead my big chore was filling the trash can with junk since today is trash day. We hardly ever put trash out on Friday (trash and recycling both come on Tuesday, and we usually have full cans of both on that day, and then haven't generated any trash by Friday), but with de-cluttering and de-junking the house, I am trying to take advantage of the Friday pickup as well. We just had a "bulky trash pickup" and DH already wants to schedule another one. When you schedule one you have to tell them what will be out there, so I told him he needs to make a list before we schedule.

I had planned to run Saturday and Sunday's runs today and tomorrow because the earlier forecast had a bunch of snow on Sunday. Now it's supposed to be 56 and overcast on Sunday, with no rain until Monday. So I think I'll do the bike workout tonight, then keep Saturday and Sunday according to plan.

Judy, it does seem that keeping busy is important as you get older. I've seen my parents (golfing, bridge, travel, reading, crossword puzzles, knitting - okay the crossword is dad and the knitting is mom) versus DH's parents (sitting around watching TV, arguing, that's pretty much it). Even though my parents are ten years older than his, it doesn't seem like they are. His dad died a few years ago and his mom  is actually much more active now and seems happier.

Nice job on the 5 Ginny! I forget, is this the first year you've had a TM available? You seem to be keeping up with the running better this winter than previous years and I'm wondering if that's why. Also, just curious, have you noticed at all if keeping up with running has made winter any less miserable/depressing?

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

TGIF!!

Long swim this morning.  Shoulder started hurting near the end.  Tried another lap and decided to bag it.  Only 6 more laps to go, but I decided it wasn't worth it.  Hope I'm not starting some stupid strain.  Just starting to ramp up distances for May Ironman Texas.  Can't get hurt now.

Y'all have a great weekend!!

ginnyb

Karen......I had joined a gym in past years just for the TM, but I still didn't keep it up during the winter.  What has helped is that a couple of women from work also joined when Planet Fitness came in and they go the same time that I do, although they have been missing a lot lately, for whatever reason, I have hung in there this year!  It has helped some with the depression of winter I think, although I still get down, I certainly do feel better!   I feel like a slug when I don't exercise.  I have to say though, my pace has gotten significantly slower, and , as you all know, I was slow anyway.  I am working on it, but it's hard.  Maybe when I get back outside it will be easier, I don't know.  Been checking out times for past half marathons in the 65-69 AG's and actually I seem to fall right in the middle of most, so must be normal for my age.  Of course there are a few halfs that only have 3 or 4 in my AG!  Still thinking about Glass City in April.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

Gah. We hired an inspector for a walkthrough on the new house for Feb. 17. That gives them a week to fix anything before we get down there for a walkthrough the following Monday and close Thursday. DH just heard from the builder that there may be a delay on the inspection on the 17th. And she can't tell him yet how big of a delay, but don't change our plans yet. We have already bought plane tickets. We have already scheduled movers for two weeks after that. But we are not going to close on a house before they fix everything the inspector finds. And anything else we find. My job is stressful right now, DH's job is stressful right now, and all the moving stuff is stressing us out as well.

Just needed to vent. If it is delayed, we'll be out some money (nonrefundable plane tickets), but hopefully that two week cushion between closing and moving will be enough time for any delays to be resolved. And if not, we'll either try to get the moving date changed or put our stuff in storage. At least XOM will pay for that if it happens. I just wish Southwest flew into the big airport instead of only the tiny airport south of town. Their policies are so much better than United when it comes to switching flights on nonrefundable fares.

Mostly, I hate the uncertainty.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

4.6 for me.

Thanks Judy.  I can see that physically his body is starting to check out.  I just wish his wife was more supportive and understanding. She thinks he is doing it on purpose but he really isn't

Ginny yay for sticking to the work outs this winter.

Karen declutter is hard but very freeing.  I haven't decided which room I'm doing this year  I think it will one of the bedrooms upstairs.  I'm very good at not keeping a bunch of junk around and we go through stuff all the time to see if we still want the stuff.  One of the closets upstairs has a ton of our storage stuff.  Every couple of years I pull it all out and we go through it to see what we don't really need any longer.

You can't beat Southwest on their policies.  I wish the other airlines were like them.  It would be so much easier to fly.

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Marjorie, I'm sorry. I agree, the wife sounds like a drain on him rather than a support and helpmeet. I am glad he liked the wood -- I appreciate his taking it, we now have extra garage space!

Karen, how frustrating. Especially since you have nonrefundable plane tickets. I agree, you want the inspection done and the punchlist completed before you accept the house and close. Brr!

Judy and Karen, you are so right. People who have hobbies and interests seem to have a much higher quality of life than people who just watch TV. My parents go on cruises (despite my dad being on peritoneal dialysis), walk the dog, go to plays and movies, do crosswords and knit (my mum) and garden (ditto) and entertain, my dad is active on the computer. I see Daddy slowing down considerably due to physical limitations but he's still very sharp mentally.

Ginny, hope it warms up for you soon.

Susan, good idea to cut it a bit short if your shoulder is hurting. When in May is the Ironman?

Marjorie, I think it would be easier to have Southwest fly into the larger airports rather than change the other airlines to have Southwest's policies! Seems like in both Dallas and Houston they use the little airports (Love and Hobby) rather than the big ones.

No run this morning. I didn't get to bed until 10:30, after work, class, and choir practice.

Tessa--IMTX is May 16  

Anonymous Guest

Tessa--IMTX is May 16  

And I will be out there somewhere cheering you on!