Womens Running

It's Friday! (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! We did it! We hurried through the week!

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Ginny, our weather has to improve (even if it gets to be Fall)

Arimathea, the estrangement is something I've experienced in our family. Others here in our area have experienced the same thing. Someone gets sick and some family members isolate that person. Sometimes you don't even know what ever happened. Your situation was NOT of your doing. I would tell the family that DH was requiring you to not contact them. It was not your idea.

Thursday was a 35 minute run at the gym. It’s a little hard to do the whole time since the stupid influenza, but I am toughing it out! I refuse to give in. Next week will be the 6th week and I’ve read that it takes at least that long to really feel strong again. Cough is very much better.

Track run today at the gym, then groceries, etc.

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

3.5 miles, misty rain but 40 degrees so I'm not complaining lol.

Judy -  have a great day!

Tessa - I agree with Judy, the estrangement was DH's issue and I think contacting them directly would be the best way to handle it.  Sorry you have to deal with this ((hugs))

Hi Lisa, Ginny, Karen, Camille, Sue, Gatsby, Carol, Marjorie......sorry if I missed anyone, I'm trying to go by memory of yesterday's thread lol

ginnyb

Just 2 miles this morning.  Day off since I work tomorrow.  Have a lot of errands to run and 2 grandchildren have ball games tonight, but rain is forecasted, so we shall see.

ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

TGIF!!!  Did a short swim.  Tomorrow is a sprint triathlon--Traditions Tri.  Excited and nervous.

Camille!!!!  ----  I am SO jealous!!!!  I have never been to the Paducah quilt show.  Turns out one of my college friends is there with Marti Michell!  Have a great time!!

Leaving work early to pick up my race packet.  Hope everyone has a great day!

Bikerchick1

It is FRIDAY....woohoo!

Judy - Hope you are finally shaking that flu!

Tessa - Agree totally with the sentiments expressed here about contacting the family....you then can rest knowing you have tried.  And to let them know that it was DH's wishes NOT to contact them.  If they respond and your children can have any type of relationship with him that would be a positive.  Good luck on your race tomorrow!!!

LCruns - Good luck on the Covenant Half this week-end!!!  Weather is looking pretty decent for it!!

Ginny - Sometimes days off are so busy with errands!  Enjoy the games.

Crazysue - Have fun on the Tri!!!

Day off here, packed full of errands, but will make it to my work out class.  Must get things around for trail half tomorrow.  Have to leave at 5 am....so need to be ready to roll before I get to bed.

Carol

TGIF!  Good luck to everyone racing tomorrow... CrazySue, Tessa, anyone else?

Hi to everyone.  Stalling on getting started at work...

Will be back over the weekend to chat.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1 for me.

Neighbor told me I run too much and should sit down. He was serious. Sigh. He doesn't understand.

40 degrees?  No thanks Laura. I like our heat.

Ginny we we have rain in the forecast but it is crystal blue skies right now.

Gatsby by any races coming up?

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

We made it to Friday! I knew Judy wouldn't steer us wrong!!

I am "home alone" this weekend. DH has a bike race out in western Maryland so he leaves early in the morning with two of his team mates and they won't be back until late Sunday. I plan on doing a little shopping, a little running, a little sleeping in, and no cooking dinner.

We are finally having perfect spring weather. Highs in the 60s and 70s, lows in the 40s. If your weather still sucks, come visit me!

Good luck to Tessa and Susan on your races this weekend! And Damaris too I think is running a half with hubby.

And Laura running a half too? Do I remember correctly that you are using this one as a training run for your marathon? Either way, good luck and have fun.

Carol, I almost missed that your trail half is this weekend? Holy cow, that came up quick. Have a great time!

Geez, am I the only one not racing this weekend? I'll be the group slacker - just easy miles for me this weekend, and not very many.

Hey Ginny, here's an idea - come out here and race one of our 10 milers. I just love the ones we have. Baltimore is in mid-June, or sign up for the Cherry Blossom lottery (I don't know when the lottery is, but race is in April so we should still be here) I promise you won't be running by yourself or anywhere near last in that one. Bring the DH and take an extra day or two to see DC.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Anonymous Guest

Although I am still not sure I should run the Hartford and Newport Marathons in October, I just booked hotel rooms for that Friday night in Hartford and Saturday night in Newport. And put myself down as on vacation on that Friday on the calendar. Both rooms have 2 beds for those (Tessa, anyone else dumb enough?) inclined to join me.

Edited to add: Not implying Tessa is dumb, just me.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

That's right, Damaris is in Nashville this weekend for a RNR half... Go D!

Let's see... "Karen = group slacker".  Nope, doesn't work.  Makes about as much sense as telling Marjorie that she shouldn't run so much.

I feel like the slacker since I don't have any races coming up until SF HM at the end of July.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Back in Michigan...

Tessa-just speak your heart.  conflicted and somewhat embarrassed by the distance dh kept them at but wanting to make the difficult call and do what you feel is the right thing to do. (if that is what you feel) What happens happens but you will know you've done what you felt was right.

Those darn girls have been on my mind with their PCT hike.  Especially after talking to my cousin who lives in San Diego and a man on the plane earlier today. My hope is that there are experienced hikers that were at the start with them and gave them strong advice.  On Thursday a 19 year old boy died on the trail right where they were starting. These girls didn't know about using electrolyte replacements and the one was worried about drinking too much water so didn't have a hose for her hydration bladder.  I'm such a mom, but starting near the border of Mexico... they weren't as worried about snakes or mountain lions as they were about their map reading ability.  My cousin told me that people who do this have crews come out to them because on this end there aren't towns, there isn't access to water and there sure as heck isn't cell service most of the time. Say a prayer for these 2 young women.

Lisa

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, believe me, I can count as dumb on some occasions. Witness the fact that I have 5 races in the next 7 weeks and I have a cracked patella.

Lisa, I put a comment on the girls' blog, bringing poodle dog bush to their attention -- nasty plant that grows fast out here, especially when there's been a fire. Do you have their cell #? They should be coming close to my house about May 21-22. I will be back with DD then and we would be happy to pick them up from the trail for a shower, laundry, dinner, or whatever they want, then drop them back at the trail where they stepped off it.

Are they aware that PCT is closed completely about mile 450 and they will have to use roads for about 20 miles?  Because of the damage caused by the Powerhouse fire PCT is closed west of San Francisquito Canyon up to where PCT crosses Elizabeth Lake Road. Leona Divide had to be rerouted too.

50K tomorrow. So guess what it's damn well doing? something it's barely done this year. Yep, raining.