Womens Running

Totally Tuesday - Supermoms (Read 25 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 8K easy.  I was looking at my HM plan, and I think the mileage is too low.  I'm certainly capable of running more.  I think I'll redo the plan to average 50K/week and peak at 65. And get rid of the 400s for speedwork and put in bermy 1000s instead.  Thoughts?

RR#2 - DH ran 2 days in a row for the first time.  He ran yesterday because he had a crappy day at work and wanted to stress relieve. Oh really?

TR - had a massive tantrum when I tried to get him up from his nap to go to the train station to pick up ex bf yesterday. Bloodcurdling screaming etc.  Ex bf has a baby girl so he understands but I texted him an advance apology anyways.  Well, the second he got in the car, the tears dried up, all smiles.

TR - going to an amusement park in Toronto with my parents today.  They're picking him up this morning and returning him late afternoon.

FR - chicken pie, salad.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runnergirl9508

zorbs- yay for DH seeing yet another benefit of running! sounds like a good retooling of your program. You can definitely handle higher mileage- you have a good base and years of experience. I bet B will have a great time with your parents today.

RR: heading out for 6ish in a bit. Ended up with 8 yesterday, it was just so nice out and I felt great! A core workout too today, when I can squeeze it in, probably during R's nap time.

TR: ran the whole way home from the park yesterday. It's 4/10 of a mile, and he stayed right next to me the whole time on the bike path. He actually knew which of the side streets to turn onto to go back home, and walked right up to our house. I guess he's learned the route from us running it so many times over the past 2 years.

NRR: meeting with a lady who owns a wellness business this morning. She's a doula and massage therapist, and has a space to rent in her building. We're going to chat about possible business opportunities for me there, as well as me doing a presentation for her clients. Fingers crossed it brings me some new training clients!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

CTimesTwo

Morning,

ER - ST and core.  Good times.

TR - C doesn't like to snuggle/cuddle with me very much, so when I ask for a kiss and a hug, she shakes her head No.  So i was fake crying yesterday, she walked over and give me a hug AND a kiss.  When DH tried to fake cry to get her to hug him, she just laughed and ran away... ha..

NRR - it was so cold in my office yesterday, a lot of people had on their black zip up sweatshirts with the company logo imprinted on it.  I didn't buy one when they were on sale, so instead I wore my own black zip up sweatshirt, except mine has "Detroit Marathon 2009" imprinted instead of the company logo...Smile

zorbs - I'm not an expert, but i definitely think you can handle higher mileage.. hope B has fun at the amusement park... I hate rides that go high and upside down, so if C likes those types of rides she'd have to go with DH..

rg - what would you be doing at the wellness center?  Teaching classes?

running eh

RR - just shy of 7mi - 2 X 1.5 @ tempo w. 1 mi recovery.  was planning 2x2 but wasn't tough enough.  still quite happy w. my paces.

RR#2 - I WILL book for Richmond today...ask me tomorrow to make sure I did it!

KR - DS is going for a sleepover at MIL's today - he is so excited b/c usually it just his sister who gets to go.

FR - Beef bourguignon (had to cut and paste that b/c I can never remember how to spell it!)

zorbs - yay for DH!!  sounds like you have a great plan.  I still need to rework mine, just flying by the seat of my pants for now.

rg - yay for the opportunity at the wellness centre!  hope it goes well.  funny about DS - love that he already knows where he lives.

cx2 - funny about DD -she is such a beautiful little girl!!  You can't win with the temps in your office, eh?!?

beckykay

RR:  Track night for at least 3 miles

TR:  Oh man, he is a handful.  Timeout on the way to the car this morning so saying he was going to hit me in the face.

NRR:  Summertime cold + PMS = I wanted to just go home and lay down last night.  DH didn't come home until almost 10 p.m.!

FR:  The ziti I was going to cook last night since DH was nice enough to text me he was stuck at work.  C and I ended up with chicken and sweet potato fries since C hates ziti and I didn't want to be the only one eating it.

beckykay

Zorbs:  I think Bermy 1000s would do you more good than 400s.  Plan looks good to me, only because it is in km Smile  The weekly mileage seems good for a HM though.  How hard are you trying to hit it?  Score for a B free day!  Your parents must be saints.

RG:  Good luck at your meeting today!

Cx2:  HA!  I will fake cry for a hug and kiss.  C always said don't cry mommy then runs right over.  So cute.

Eh!:  you better book Richmond!  Just kidding, I better register Smile

Ok, going to pretend to get some work done...

Erniegirl

RR - I didn't get my run in yesterday before DH went to work, so I had to run with the stroller, which meant I only made it 5.7 km before S flipped out. This morning I dragged some weights outside and did a crazy circuit that included sprints up and down the street, while S played on the front lawn. And yes, I was wearing a shirt Smile

TR - Actually helped me unload the dishwasher last night, rather than trying to climb in and put her toys inside like she usually does. Lest I think she was becoming more civilized, she then went outside and poured handfuls of sand down her shirt and pants.

FR - Sesame chicken over broccoli slaw

NRR - This upcoming weekend is a long weekend and we were planning to go to the cottage, but it's sounding DH's work is going to need him to come in and work overtime. Grrr....

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

armmama

RR - 5 miles this morning with a light drizzle which felt great.  Trying out different routes from home and found a decent nearly-5 mile loop. I've been doing mostly out and back runs here so it was nice to find a loop.

RR2 - somewhere between MILs house and our house the handlebar pad on my BOB split.  Is this fixable or do I need to buy a whole new handlebar?  Or some kind of cover for the handlebar, I guess.  I'm so bummed about it.

BR - was super whiny yesterday until after naptime.  Hoping today is better.

KR - DD is loving her babysitting class!

FR - some steak pita sandwich thingys

NRR - family drama with my brother - he's supposed to get married in 5.5 weeks and he told her Saturday he didn't think they should.  We are all waiting for them to say if they are really calling it off or not.  He talked with the man who was supposed to marry them last night so hopefully something came out of that.  I'm sad about it, I already thought of her as family and my kids love her.  But if he's having this many doubts they probably at least need to hold off, I'm thinking.

zorbs - I definitely think you could handle higher mileage.  That's great B gets to spend a day with your parents!

rg - that's so cute R ran home and knew the way!  Good luck today!  Are you just training local clients or do you plan on doing anything online as well?

cx2 - your DD sounds adorable.  Ugh on the cold office temps!

eh - great run!  I haven't done any speedwork lately and I feel like I'm getting so slow.  But I didn't want to risk speedwork with the tendon pain I was having before.  Yay for sleepover at MILs!

becky - Sorry C is being difficult!  Hope the timeouts are effective.  Why was DH gone so late?  That's tough w hen you are tired and PMSing!

ernie - aw, sorry DH has to work over the weekend.  DH's job always seems to keep him busiest during the worst times, like when the kids are on break from school.  It bums me out.

CTimesTwo

ernie - how long does S usually tolerate the stroller?  I haven't run with C since January but the longest she'd make it was just under an hour...

becky - I love baked ziti!  Dh doesn't like carbs though... yea, I don't like eating meals like that on my own either.

eh - thanks, we think C is cute too LOL... our office is messed up in terms of temperature.. it's another cold day here..

arm - oy on the brother's wedding... he must going through a ton of emotions right now.  Does he not want to get married yet, or he just doesn't want to marry HER?

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

I've now redone the HM plan, so what you see in the link is what I've decided on...for now lol.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

RR: 4.5m with 4-legged RP - the weather was great this morning. Actually changed from a tank to a short sleeve shirt - I am that much of a cold weather hater..keep in mind it was 67F...

Zorbs: Glad your DH is starting to view running as stress relief, wish my DH would even recognize when he's stressed

RG: Good luck with your meeting today!

Cx2: the marathon logo is so much cooler than the company logo. my office is always freezing and I have a variety of fleeces and cardigans to pick from -

eh: I'm so jealous of your ladies with different paces, I must figure this out.  My paces are all over the place and I never proactively try to runa particular pace - Pace just happens in my world.

Backy - Sorry about the summer cold! DS has one too and its terrible to hear him try to breathe through it.ughh

Ernie - my kids where both bug fans of sorting the silverware but yes, for every sign of a civilized human there is usually one really fowl thing to destroy that idea.

Arm: I'm sorry to hear about your bro's situation but I gotta say I'm kinda proud of him for being able to speak up.  I worked in the divorce business for a long time and saw a lot of couples who thought a wedding would fix things. Instead all it caused was more heartache and money than a difficult conversation would've solved if only someone would have the guts to initiate it.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - 7 mi total, 5 @ tempo.  I'm running it with RP, my MIL is coming over to watch all 4 kids.  In the past I've been speedier than RP, but this year she's been speeding up like no ones business... I am a little afraid I won't be able to keep up with her!  Everyone is complaining about the weather around here but it is great for running!  It went down to 3 C (37 F) last night!

BR - has a horrible diaper rash Sad  I'm sure it's from her recent teething.  I have her with a bare bum now, hopefully it will start feeling better soon.

NRR - my brother and I went and looked at a house for my parents last night.  They are most likely coming up today to look for themselves.  I'm super excited, it would be awesome to have them live close!  It is in a town about 35 mins from me.

FR - not sure, need to find out if my parents will be here for supper - if they are I might bring up a roast or something.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - it is amazing when they start to recognize routes.  I've been about 6K away from gym/kid's haircut place and B yelled, "HAIRCUT!"

cx2 - the first piano place where I worked was boiling hot and I've never quite gotten out of the habit of not having enough layers at work, even though my current workplace is freezing in summer.

eh - be sure to sign up, or else!  I love beef bourguignon!

becky - I'm only going for a flat course PR..which is currently 1:59 and change.

ernie - boo on no cottage! but bwahaha, between the mosquitoes and braving the horrible traffic on the 400 (which I managed to avoid by taking the 404 instead on Sunday night) - I can't say that I'll ever want to go cottaging. Wink

arm - I hope your brother figures something out.  It must be fun to explore routes in your new neighbourhood!

dexy - do you have a garmin to help you learn pace?

CA - pretty much everyone I run with is faster than me, and has less running experience, so they'll be getting even faster in the next couple years, whereas my improvements have slowed down.

BermyHorse

I am going to post, I am going to post.

RR: recovery day today, 30 mins. Yesterday I did a tempo which I was really nervous about. 40m at easy pace (8.45) and 20mins at tempo steady state pace (7.30). Irony is 8.45was my old MP and 7.30 my PB race pace. NAILED IT!!! It felt so great. Did a lr on sat, much faster, very hilly with stroller and tomrrow I am back at track. Whenever I am not running I am either preparing to run or recovering from running so it's at least another hour a day of pre-hab, core, foam rollering, stretch, visualization etc on top of meal planning/cooking. It's good though but I am pretty darn exhausted. This is what I needed to take me to the next level (whatever that level might be). Yesterday I broke two of my running rules: treadmill and ipod for the tempo. Man, that workout went too fast - I blinked and missed it. I guess that's a good thing.

NRR: skyped with bermy coach for an hour, she wants to come and work in with new coach. It was hilarious talking to her about it. We are planning to go back to Bermuda at some point. There's loads more here to say, but will keep it short...

NRR2: Oh but i have to tell you I got AF after 38 days of my cycle. DH was convinced I was pg and I POAS for the third time this month, in the bathroom of dicks.

TR: eating enough for 3 boys. Had a huge bowl of chili and rice last night, just ate half my steel cut oats this morning (I am making more). We spent over 3 hours at the playground yesterday morning as the weather was so much cooler. We loved it.

FR: new meal plan - fast metabolism diet. day 2. Looks like clean eating with carb cycling to me. chicken broccoli bowl with a ton of other veggies. I made it last night and it can sit in my new crockpot all day.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

nolamama

CQTM

Hi Ladies,

RR: Taking the week off from running due to stupid shin splint that won't go away. I'm going to bike & do other non-running stuff. Today is a department lunch, though, so nothing.

TR: Um, ear infection so I was home with her yesterday. Her two bottom teeth are also coming in together, now. Hoping daycare doesn't call and tell me she has a fever after her nap. She's been on antibiotics for a couple days, now, so hopefully we are on the mend. She tries to say snack and it comes out "nac" - so stinkin cute.

NRR: I have a fever, too, although I'm masking it with lots of Advil. I caught whatever A had last weekend and DH had during the week last week. Blerg.

I'm Debbie Downer today ladies, sorry! Sad

I'll be back for personals....