Womens Running

Bundle UP WEEKENDS (DAILIES) (Read 23 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

BRRRRRRRRR

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

6.2 miles for me. Heading to a core class shortly.

It was 4 degrees. Could I tell the difference between 10 degrees and 4? NO. Haha. It was cold but I layered well so it didn't really bother me. Wore the trax again because the snow did 0 melting yesterday. I ran without headphones so that I would pay more attention. A lot more icy spots today. Really good run actually. I was at MP! Even in trax!

HCBF can't really do much. His foot is hurting pretty bad. Its a nice shade of purple now...yikes. He thinks he can go to work next week and walk around his sites all day. Stubborn just like me Smile His brother in law is coming by today to help with the treadmill - YAY. It will probably be me and his brother in law doing the lifting. Hopefully we get it set up today! Smile

Not much else planned...its going to be in single digits all weekend so we are hunkering down and netflixing this weekend!

Sandy - THANK YOU for the links!!! I think I am going to get the ones that are your goto for sub 0 temps. I won’t wear them often, but will be glad to have them when we do get these single digit temps! YES I am over the single digits..I am tired of layering. I think 30’s are my sweet spot Smile I can see how the snow can get annoying too. Its so cold in your area that the snow doesn’t go anywhere! We are used to it snowing one day and two days later it is 60 degrees. LOL. I feel your pain! I have never heard of Wanted. Is that on Netflix? I need a new Netflix show.

Run4kupcakes - You know Kohls sells UA. I may check those out too. Thanks! I have been wearing double layers on my legs as well. More for my BOOTY.

Tessa - You should go ice skating more often! Smile OMG we know who washes hands and who doesn’t in our office..don’t ask how we know. LOL. NICE runs yesterday! Stay strong this weekend! What are you up too?! Anything fun??

Karen - I am sure you are happy to be home!! Visiting family is always fun..but its ALWAYS nice to come home Smile OMG that weather for Houston is AWESOME. I am so mad that I didn’t do Houston this year. Last year was so miserable..I would so do a do-over. I would have to know those awesome temps in advance though LOL. Man. A HOODIE?!?! Really?! I am going to go look now.

Margaret - GOOD LUCK TODAY!!! I am excited to hear how it goes! I hope you really rock this out Smile Awesome news about TRT. Laughing at your comment about HCBF..is it bad that I was mad for the same reason, too? LOL.

Kathryn - GOOD LUCK TODAY!!! Have fun!

Docket - Good luck this weekend!!!

Happy Saturday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

LC Runs

Good Morning!

Lizzie - you are amazing, nice run!  Sorry about HCBF's ankle/foot hope it heals fast.  Glad the BIL is coming over to help with the TM!

3 miles yesterday (TM).  It is -14 right now so I will do a few miles today inside.  My BRF and I are planning  on getting out tomorrow, it should be above zero (I think the high is supposed to be 18).  Next week we return to the 30's thank you, sweet baby jesus!

I have nothing planned for this weekend and that is okay with me!  I need the quiet before the $hit storm of work starts again on Monday!

Arimathea

Tessa

Don't hate me because it's 57 out and I am headed out in shorts and SS shirt...RN and I plan a long run this morning.

Liz, that's COLD. Hope you do get the TM set up. And tell HCBF to stay off that foot!

Laura, likewise, that's cold! Stay in and stay warm.

LC Runs

5 miles and weights, I am happy with that.  I got a message from a friend this morning and she was getting ready to run 7 on her TM because she's thinking of training for a half or full.  That gave me some mojo to get moving!

Tessa - that's sounds amazing, I will just live vicariously through you!!

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Weekend!  Got my 5 done outdoors yesterday afternoon, about -11 with the wind chill.  But my face actually felt a little warmer than the last time, so I guess that is good.    I was looking forward to warmer temps on Sunday, we're supposed to get into the 20's.  But with the wind chill it will still be in the single digits!  Blah.  I'm on call this weekend so not much going on, house cleaning and DD is having some girls over for a playdate.  I may try to get a strength workout in today.  Or just be lazy.  

Lizzie, nah, you can't really tell the difference once the temp is below 10 or so.  It's the wind that will kill you!    Nice job doing MP in Trax!  Poor HCBF.  Does he have crutches?  Hopefully you get the TM set up!  I guess the good thing about investing in winter running clothes is that they will last for awhile.  I've had the same stuff for 5+ years!  And when you move, you'll be ready.  

Laura, nice job getting your runs in on the TM!  Can't wait for the warmer temps.  No major snow until possibly next week, so I guess that is the good news.  

Tessa, I do kind of hate you a little.    Haha, not really.  Everyone seems to have weather/environment issues no matter where they live.

Kupcakes, hope your new tights make it!

Karen, welcome home!  Poor Riley.  

Margaret, hope the race goes (or went) well!    That is great that you will most likely get into TRT 50!  Ha, yes, the snack size bags were what I used also.  

Cathy

Howdy!!

Spin class this morning.  Yay!!  The gym has shiny new spin bikes, and I like the new instructor too.  I forgot how much I enjoyed going to the gym. Need to put that back on the schedule.

Did a little yard work.  DF was raking the front yard when I got home, so I cleaned up some of the plants that froze and picked up limbs.  It is nice to be outside again!! So glad it is warming up here.

Have a great weekend!

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  Done with the expo. Woke up feeling run down sigh.  RD for me. We are now shopping.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Seloc

Talked myself out of spending $8 to shuffle 3mi on the dreadmill this morning.  I mean, what's 3mi anyway??  LOL Though this is the kind of day I wish I had my own. Instead, used my energy running errands  8 times in and out of the car in below 0 temps but feeling mighty accomplished!  Finally finally bought an extendable pole to attach a duster to get those dang cob webs from the top of the vaulted living room ceiling.  Ahhhh, that feels good.  Also bought myself some house slippers (#gramma) and new running shoes!  The kit kat got a new feather on a stick toy.  Presents for everyone hee hee

Kat - hope it's going well for you out there!!  Looking forward to hearing about it.

Cathy - hey on-call twin.  Hope yours stays quiet!

Ginny - hey cleaning twin hee hee.  A good cold day to do indoor projects!  Then you can sit back and enjoy your hard work.

Damaris - noooooooooooooo on feeling run down!  Not with that nice cool weather.  Is the wind supposed to let up by tomorrow?  Good luck and have fun!!

Lizzie - awwww poor HCBF.  I was also bummed you weren't able to get the treadmill set up yesterday and had to brave those temps again this morning.  But, of course you killed it as always.  I agree with Laura - you are AMAZING!!  Rest day tomorrow and warmer Monday, right?  Yep, Wanted is on Netflix.  It's about 2 very different Australian women who get tangled up in a murder and are on the run.  What are you watching?  Yeahhhhhhhhh, you get it now with the weather.  Doesn't take long to get sick of it!  And it sticks around here until March.  Well, it can.  We will get a reprieve this week - temps close to 30! but, back in the deep freeze next weekend.  Do you still want to move??

HCK - did you get to try out your new tights today?

Tessa - great job on the no wine Veganuary!  Habits are hard to change for SURE.  Cracking up at DD - welcome to my world.  Please please please soak up that lovely running weather for me!!

Karen - welcome home!!  Too funny about your 71lb lap dog.  Sounds like he sure missed his mama!!  I had to go look up the Fargo sweatshirt - I LOVE it!!  Gets me all excited!!  Hope you had a great run with your group this morning.

Gatsby - dude, I wld die for your boring weather!  Please enjoy it for me, too.  Hope your race went well!  Can't wait to hear about it.  So, I have a sorta dumb question - do the birds open the drawers?  I have to say seeing their pics really cracks me up cuz a pet bird is so foreign to me.  Hooray for having a good chance at TRT!!  I'm still trying to find a good race for my big day.  I hate that it's on a Wed!  But, I guess that does give me 2 weekends to look at.

Laura - hey there weather twin.  Though, I wish we were slightly warmer weather twins.  Sigh.  Awesome 5 on the DM!  Dang,, I feel guilty now for wimping out.  Sad that we get excited for above 0, isn't it?  I'm GIDDY to have plans to run 10 outside with an RB tomorrow and even the windchill should be above 0 - woot woot!  Enjoy your low key weekend!

Cathy2 - OMG you are AMAZING, too!  Noooooooooooo WAY I could get out there in those temps after work.  Sheesh!  Yeah, I'm trying to look at the no snow factor as a positive as well.  Though, that would mean slightly warmer temps so hmmmmmmmmm  Hope your weekend stays quiet!

Sue - oooh, sounds like a fun spin class.  But grumble grumble on "nice to be outside again"  I know, I know, you guys feel the pain in the summer, I get it.  Just enjoy it for me, please?!

As I mentioned to Laura, I am GIDDY to have plans to run 10mi with RB in the morning.  Even with windchill it's supposed to be above 0.  Can.  Not.  WAIT!  Friend stopping by soon for a beer.  This is within my rules so will be happy to indulge LOL.  Have a good night, peeps!!

Docket_Rocket

It’s still windy. Not sure how bad it will be tomorrow but the only way the cold front can get this south is with wind pushing it so I am not hopeful.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Damaris, hope the weather cooperates for you.

Cathy, sorry...you can remind me of this when I am complaining about triple digit temperatures next summer. Nice run!

Susan, yay for new spin bikes and a good instructor! Yard work...I should, but I don't wanna.

Laura, feel free to live vicariously.

Sandy, $8 for the dreadmill...do you pay each time you go, or is that parking and gas?

The Fargo shirt can be hit or miss. I am not sure who wound up with it after the Chickamauga shirt exchange, but I know I no longer owned that garment. Quarter zip -- that was good -- with a design that looked like a Crayola box barfed on the Acropolis.

Kit kats love new toys...and then spend more time playing with the receipt for the toy that fell out of the bag than they do with the actual toy. Hrhiow has been batting a kibble around the kitchen for some time now.

RN and I went out for a run. We had a course in mind that was ~19 miles. Off we went. We changed the course a few times just because we could.

"Which way should we go?"

"Have you ever been up that street?"

"No. Have you?"
                        "Yes, and it's a bitch of a hill loop."

"Let's go!"

Did one loop towards the end of the run and I now know why I normally run it in a counterclockwise direction. The elevation gain is the same, but if you run it counterclockwise, most of the uphills are gentle slopes and the downhills are steep. If you run it clockwise, the downhills are gentle, the uphills are NOT. Guess which way RN wanted to do it. It grew warm and windy and I ran out of water not far from the end. We stopped at every bathroom along the way, I think -- 2 parks, 2 *$s, one McDonald's, one grocery store, a couple of trees.

However, we conquered. 22 miles total for me, a bit more for RN since she sometimes circled back after running ahead. I am pleased with myself. Now rehydrating (with diet Coke, not with cider, tempting though it was) and doing the regular Saturday chores. Good start for the first long run of the year!

Oh, and I got woken up too early by two things: one, Gwen being a spazz cat and bouncing all over the room, and two, the NYT announcing a newsflash that 45 was tweeting concerning his fitness for the presidency in response to that new book "Fire and Fury". Whatever the merits of the book, I have to take my hat off to Michael Wolff. He has managed to achieve something that someone has not done in a long time: he has managed to get Donald Trump to open a book.

Trail race is done!  Billed as 22k, but ended up being 15.65 miles (> 25k) since a bridge in Muir Woods is out and the course had to be modified.  Finished it in 4:02, 3rd place in my AG!  Watch recorded 4390 feet of climbing, but when I downloaded it to Strava, it said 4560 feet?  Either way, quite hilly.  Rained all day yesterday but today was glorious... sunny, clear, chilly at the start but warmed up to 60s later.  I ran with a RB, which was great because we kept pushing each other.  Felt good, but I definitely worked hard and I'm pooped now.  Couch to 50k remains on track.  

Kat, hope your race went well!

Damaris, have fun tomorrow!

Lizzie, single digit temps?!  And you were running in trax at marathon pace?!  Wow, just wow.  Did you get the TM set up?

LC, laughing at you looking forward to temps in the 30s.  Cool that your friend wants to do a race.  Is she someone that you could run with?  Always helps to have a running buddy!

Turtles, maybe your face is getting used to sub-zero temps?  Or maybe it's just lost all feeling due to the cold?    So impressed that you are going outside to get in your miles.  You deserve a special Lululemon prize for that challenge.

CrazySue, nice spin class for you!  That stuff kills me.  After making me sweat up a deluge first.

Tessa, nice LR for you and RN.  I'd be quite surprised if 45 has actually read the book...

Seloc, can you come over to my house and bring that telescoping duster thing?    Yes, the macaw can open drawers.  She's like a 2 year old.  If we leave our kitchen stools anywhere near a drawer, she'll hop down and pull open the drawer with no trouble and start emptying it.  She also likes cupboards, the dryer, and the dishwasher.  Something about about exploring nooks and crannies.  Here:

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Geesh, it is 10pm already.  Got home at 9:45 after volunteering for the remainder of the day.  Race started at 9:30 and the weather was decent, a bit chilly.  It was supposed to warm up, but never really did.  The race was HARD.  Hills, rocks, rocks, and hills.  Actually, there were some really runnable areas later in the race, but I was shot by then.  The first mile was OK, nothing too challenging other than the rocks.  Then came the hill, named "Lucky."  Nice and steep, but not as bad as it could have been.  Don't get me wrong, it sucked, but was cautiously tolerable.  For a rock strewn steep hill that is.  Going down was just as bad, lots of loose rock (scree?)  I watched a bunch of people fall on their butts going down.

Lucky was the worst hill, but there were lots of other up/downs with rocks.  (Recurring theme, rocks and hills.)  I was struggling enough that I realistically walked 90%.  I got a second wind about mile 10, but it didn't last nearly long enough.  I kept slogging it out and when my watch said mile 12, one of the volunteers told me it was only mile 11.  So, long course, or a lot of Garmins were really off.  Several folks I chatted with had similar mileage (~16.5)  Meandered my way trough several more miles till...  We got to do Lucky again!  Up and down.  The finish was about  mile or so from there, ahhhh.

Chatted with some nice people along the way and for once ran the last bit to the finish line.  Got my stuff and toddled off to the aid station I was volunteering at.  Nice folks there as well.  I stayed for 4 hours and was bummed not to see my coworker.

Going to finish up my well deserved wine and head to bed in a bit.  Will try for personals tomorrow.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Arimathea

Tessa

Congratulations Margaret and Kat!

Margaret, I said he opened the book...I agree that he probably hasn't actually read it.

Docket_Rocket

Nice job, Kat!

congrats, Margaret!

Damaris

Fundraising Page