Womens Running

End of the month THURSDAYS! (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

End of the month..my day is full of audits. I bet Elina is doing something with numbers today too. LOL

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

dhuffman63

Trails

I have an appt with an ENT to see if we can do something about my hearing.

Good luck Lizzie and Elina.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me! Needed that SLEEP!

The security dogs..we are really confused to why they got them too. We had a security audit done by the client a few months ago and they were very vocal about our security not being ARMED. But that is an additional cost to the client so of course, no one wants to pay for that. So, security thought of this idea. The dogs will sniff all incoming deliveries and do a sweep a few times a day of the building. They are labs...SO CUTE. SO FRIENDLY.

HCBF is at the beach so the talk didn't happen last night. But he guessed it this morning..he has no response right now. Of course he isn't here either which makes it worse. So the day started with tears...hopefully will get better.

Sandy  - I am having cauliflower tots tonight.

Tessa – Yes, no decisions right now. I am just thinking about future. BLAH.

Diane – Hoka Speedgoats? Haha, I have never heard of that line! KT tape on the back..hmm nope I have not. But I would…I don’t use KT tape anymore though. I use a different brand of “KT Tape”. I like to keep mine on for as long as possible and the KT tape brand kept coming off after day 1. This stuff stays on better:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T4NFN3I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

In my opinion, I would use “KT tape” over a patch. But that may be because I know it really really helps. Your DH might have to apply it though.

Run4kupcakes – Glad the legs are feeling better. Crazy how we can run 20+ runs and not be sore but come the day after a race and we can hardly move!

I have a long run tomorrow morning. I don't really consider it a "long" run..but its longer Smile Anyway, I am going to try some MP miles at the end. The 4:15 marathon time pace miles. Does that make sense? We will see how things go with it.

Happy Thursday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates at lunch and 0 or 5-6 miles tonight.  I am heading to see Lady Gaga in concert so I might have to move my run to tomorrow.  We'll see!

Lizzie, enjoy the audits.  

Bugsy is home and ate a shit ton last night.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

dhuffman63

Trails

I'll give that a try, thanks Lizzie.  I've never used any tape cause I just can't seem to clutz my way through applying it.  I can get DH to do it the evening before.  My back isn't hurting anymore but I'm so paranoid now about it.

LC Runs

Good Morning!  Glad it is my 'Friday'.  Actually, the week has gone by fairly quickly but I am tired.

I did it, 5 TM miles. Thank goodness for Real Housewives LOL, gotta watch my trash tv!

Lizzie - how fun to have security dogs!!  Good luck with your HCBF talk, he seems like a good, reasonable guy so I'm sure it will go fine, try not to stress too much!!  Good luck with your LR tomorrow!!

Damaris - OMG, Lady Gaga concert would be so fun!!

Hi Diane!!

dhuffman63

Trails

Hi Laura!

Damaris, glad Bugsy is home and appears to be feeling better.  Jasmine has actually been playing and the meds the vet gave her seem to have helped.  Thank goodness for vets.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Wednesday was USDO, waiting around for apartment work, errands and my own tech support. DVD player failure and it was screwing with the tv settings. I keep cheap dvd players that I can throw when one fails so I reconnected an old one. However, I did get in 45 minutes of meditation and yoga during the waiting for other things to happen.

Today I plan another trail  run. Sun is out. Yaaaaaaaay!

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Seloc

Karen – hope you survived the prep okay.  Oh boy, yeah, the no eating thing would be HARD!!  I don’t think I would mind being “empty” ha ha but I suuuuuuuuuuuuuure would be hungry!!

Cathy – how was Italian dinner?  What?!  Santa isn’t real?!  Funny thing my mom NEVER admitted to us there was no Santa.  Her stance was always “If you don’t believe, you don’t receive!”  I actually do not remember when I learned the secret.  I was probably pretty old.  I do remember even finding the hidden presents but still believing haha.  Anyway – I don’t think I’d ever give up the jig if I had kids.

Diane – cool about the rowing machine!  Wow, you have a whole gym at your house now – nice!  I’m sorta jealous.  Though I would have zero place for any of that.

Kat – nice run yesterday!  Awwww poor Katie Kitty.  Oof, that sounds pretty warm for your half on Sat.  Hope it’s a fun one!

Tessa – wow Greyhound Lady must run very cold.  Are you guys still super warm during the day?  That’s quite the swing in temps.  But, you are considered desert, right?  Oh gosh, what do I know haha.  Saw Lizzie responded that TCM reg opens in Feb.  I would have had to look that up to be sure – it used to always open Mother’s Day weekend!  But, I want to say that it doesn’t fill up exceptionally fast?  Happy to hear all your beasts are recovering from ringworm.

Damaris – hooray for dad cooking dinner!  Man, that is a dream of mine – have someone cook me dinner daily haha.  What did he make?

Lizzie – vent all you want, girl!  Sure does help just to verbalize thoughts at times.  Yes, do tell more about the security dogs at work.  I’ve never heard of that!

HCK – glad the legs feel better.  Sure sounds like a camber on the trail if one leg is more sore than the other.  Unless you run lopsided haha

Lizzie2 – YAY REST DAY!  I always remember Thurs is your day to sleep in.  Yep, nerd alert haha.  Interesting about the dogs!  Does make sense.  But, gosh, I would be SO worried about them if something happened!  And what if something happened to the pups?!  I know, can’t think that way but I do.  Awww, I’m so sorry your morning didn’t start great with your chat with HCBF.  Maybe good for him to be away to ponder?  From the outside, I really feel strongly that you two will be able to work all this out.  Still harrrrrrrrrrrrd in the moment.  Glad you are busy today to keep your mind off it!!  And you have cauliflower tots to look forward to!  Yummmmmmmmmmm!  Have you tried the other types – I think they have broccoli?  I might give those a whirl.  How far are you running in the morning?  Love your MP miles at the end!  I’d like to do that some for my next training cycle, too. Yep, 4:15 pace miles makes perfect sense to me!  Good luck though I know you will kill it.

Damaris2 – LOL at your 0 or 5-6mi LOL  Good to be flexible, though.  Yay for Bugsy being home and eating!  Have fun at the concert!

Laura – OMG where is the bowing down emoticon.  5 dreadmill miles should count for 10 outdoor!  WTG!!

4mi for me this morning – woohoo!  Went with my regular Thurs RB.  Haven’t seen her in awhile since she doesn’t run when it’s below 20* and it was a cold start to Nov.  'Twas a balmy 40* this morning!  Wind was a bit brisk from the West but luckily that was on the short side of the rectangle.  Unfortunately, the end is in site for this warmth.  By next weekend they are forecasting below 0*.  Weather moving in from Siberia they say.  Womp womp.  Not much else going on here.  Should really go to my nephew’s hockey game tonight but I just don’t love watching hockey – especially in a COLD arena.  And it doesn’t start until 8pm!  But, gotta be the supportive auntie, too.  Decisions decisions.  So happy tomorrow is Friday – woot!

Docket_Rocket

He made pastelon and rice and beans, Puerto Rican stuff.  It looks like this but with cheese on top:

And the rice and beans:

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Seloc

Damaris - OMG, that looks amazing!  Next time I'll invite myself over LOL

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

3 TM miles for me this morning.  A little soreness in the heel at the start but OK now.  I'm tired though, the Tooth Fairy had to come last night and DD is a light sleeper.  My first attempt at 12:30 did not go well, so I had to go back at about 2:00.  Yawn.  Yes, my kids still believe in the Tooth Fairy.  As well as the Easter Bunny.  And Elf on the Shelf.  And leprechauns that come and color our food green on St. Patty's Day.    I do think that older DD does still believe in Santa.  Though she did make a comment about Santa looking different than he did last year.  If anything, I would guess that younger DD would start doubting Santa first, but she has a vivid imagination.    A couple of years ago she had this big fear of sharks and was afraid of taking a bath or swimming in a pool because a shark might attack her.

Lizzie, interesting that there are dogs at your workplace!  I suppose it's good that HCBF has some warning and time to think things over.  Hope you feel better!  Good luck with the MP miles!  Sounds like fun.  

Diane, sounds like some nice birthday presents!

Damaris, enjoy the concert!

Laura, congrats on the 5!  

Judy, nice that you have backup DVD players!  

Sandy, the dinner was nice!  I had ravioli.  If you order pasta it seems that you get a ton of it, this was a good amount of food.  It's not like I'm carb loading.    Santa had a seat in the room so kids could go and talk to him and he also made the rounds when there were no kids waiting.  Nice and low key, and they don't charge $30 for a picture like at the mall.     I remember being confused about Santa when I was a kid because we did not have a fireplace!  How did he get in?    I mentioned your "super" water heater to DH, he said that if it's electric then it can last that long.  So no worries.  If it's electric.  

Tessa, I'm glad the kitties are doing OK.  Our neighbors' kids never said anything about Santa because they wanted the gifts.  I have to say that both of DD's friends are good at not mentioning that Santa is not real.  Though I think younger DD's friends had a discussion about it with her!

Kat, the river crossings do not sound like fun.  I don't like wet feet in wet shoes either!  

Kupcakes, glad the legs are feeling better!

Cathy

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Morning,

Lizzie, sorry you guys didn't have a chance to chat.  Breathe deep and give hime a bit of time to think it over.  It is a huge decision and I fear if you push him to much, too quickly, you might not get the real answer.   Easier said than done.  HUGS.

Damaris, glad Bugsy is better.  That dinner looks FAB.

Diane, glad Jasmine is doing better as well.  Sorry your back has been an issue.  Never fun.

Laura, guilty pleasures certainly can help time go by.  Glad you got your 5 in.

Judy, enjoy your sunny run.

Sandy, sounds like it is gonna be cold.  Did you watch This Is Us?  I didn't find it a tear jerker, but good.  Bummed it won't be back on until January.

Cathy, glad dinner was enjoyable.

Just finished my coffee and am debating my morning.  Call into the vet, Katie is doing a little better, but not perfect.  Need to figure out what next.  Also have to wait for Costco to open so I can beg them to fill my meds ASAP as I forgot to call and I am now out.  They love us for that....  Oops.

Half should be interesting on Saturday.  I'm not too worried about the weather, I hope I will be done before it gets to its warmest.  As I said, it is a new race (by an established company) and there are only 35 folks signed up for the half.  I smell a DFL!  2 10K loops and a few extra tenths tacked on for the full 13.1.

Have a Christmas party tomorrow night by the trail group.  Always nervous going to these things.  I do know 2 folks and am hoping to meet a bunch of ladies who are going to Antelope Canyon.

Enjoy your day all.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Arimathea

Tessa

Liz, the security dogs are Labs? If the client wanted security guards armed and somebody thought Labs would work instead, somebody doesn't know that much about dogs. From what I've seen of Labs, the most likely way they would be a danger to an intruder would be if the intruder was packing a sandwich. https://iheartdogs.com/the-10-worst-guard-dog-breeds/

But they do have good noses. Um...they are smelling the packages...and everyone's ordering stuff for Christmas and a lot of people have things sent to their workplace? Uh oh. I see trouble brewing. Especially if someone's ordered from Omaha Steaks.

Give the decision some time and definitely let HCBF think about the options.

Diane, good luck with the ENT. If hearing aids are recommended, I hear Costco has good ones. Thanks on the races -- definitely thinking about possibilities.

Speedgoats look interesting!

Karen, hope the procedure today goes well and you can get home and EAT!

Damaris, thanks for the pictures -- will have to look up the recipe. (I think I can manage rice and beans...) Glad Bugsy is home, hope HE did not eat the beans.

Laura, enjoy your "Friday". If you do the lateral move will you have to go back to a 5 day workweek?

Sandy, I think TCM fills a lot faster than it used to.

Docket_Rocket

Lizzie, sorry I missed that yesterday and today. Let him think it over.  You don't want to force him into something he is not ready for.  Hugs and don't cry! Sad

Damaris

Fundraising Page