Womens Running

Trendy Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 187 times)

I got nothing...

Have a good day no matter the trend.

Lisa

Bikerchick1

Morning Ladies!

LisaMMR - You were an early bird!  Are you running outside this am....brrrrr....cold here!

Marjorie - Wow that was quite a cc bill.....since you pay the bill he must have known you would see it!  This must be so hard to deal with....

Camille - Great job & RR!!!  I understand your feelings re: being conservative b/o recent arrthymia's.....but sounds like you did fine Smile  Are you u doing the full or half @ H&M?

Demarias - Great job to you as well!!!  You really ran a great race, especially in that humidity!!!

LisaMarie - Half Marathon for you....that is great!

Lisa/Marjorie - What an awesome job you did on Karnel's event....big thanks to you for all the work!

No workout for me - except chasing Aly around at the mall with her mom last night Wink  After work plan on Yoga DVD...

Carol

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Yesterday was a good 35 minutes on the track with Fast Buddy. The influx of the *January People* (my friend's name for the newbies) has kept us on our toes. The track gets very busy with newbies who slowly wander all over the place dropping their water bottles. They could pick up the pace if they left the water bottles behind.  Tight lips Wink

Track run today with Fast Buddy. Big grin

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Morning, girls!  I have SRD # 2 with weights and kickboxing if I have time.

Lisa, hi!  Hope the nothing turns to something later Joking.

BikerChick, hope the yoga workout does wonders.

judyruns, nice workout.

Marjorie is coming my way!  I cannot wait.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Run interruptus this morning.  about 3/4 mile out passed a young woman carrying a large bag.  I said "don't worry, I just look weird. you're okay."  Then heard her say something so stopped.  She asked if I lived around there and could I maybe give her a ride.  Hesitation.  She said "I'm sorry. Never mind. Finish your run." I offered to let her use my phone, talked about where the bus runs, where she could go in to warm up a mile up the road. She said her boyfriend had kicked her out of his apartment and she was walking to her mom's house. Wouldn't call mom because she had warned her about bf and "mom's clearly know best." Thought about if this was my daughter and offered to give her a ride. "No. It's okay..... well... I have been walking since ---- Road." <insert that it is 18 degrees out and she's now told me that she's walked 4+ miles and has 2+ to go.  Told her it would take me 15 minutes or so and where to walk but that I'd give her a ride to her mom's.  Ran home but I could never find her. Hope she is okay, poor thing.  1.7 and then 3.7 miles to finish morning. All before 6:30am.

How's your morning going?

Carol-Susan and Karen have done a lot with the site and Kate has offered up her paypal account. I'm just the front man. LOL

I did email Bill asking if we could post this on Karnels FB page, we don't want to do anything that makes him uncomfortable or that he thinks wouldn't be in Karnel's spirit.  That we could keep this just within our running ladies group or that we can share it among our networks.  His answer:  " Anything that you want to do with this is fine. You are helping to keep Karnel's spirit alive and I fully appreciate that.  Going public is okay with me. I am not sure there would be anything you could do to make me uncomfortable.  What you are doing is amazing and wonderful. Thanks, Bill"

Share away ladies!

Lisa

mommymac

My DH may work from home today which should make for a nice long run for me! He's starting to think he's better off saving the time from his commute into NYC by working at home a couple days a week. We only live 12 miles out. What am I going to do?!!! I hate his getting underfoot and I do part time work mostly from home.

Camille - I felt the rain as I read your race report; glad you got a little relief in the second half. Would you have liked the race itself better if the weather had cooperated?

How do you guys connect as runners on Facebook?

Judy - Your "January People" made me smile and I can picture the water bottles. I wonder if I have ever been a "January Person" at anything.

Damaris - Sounds like your race went well; can asthma get better, or is it mostly weather conditions and your speed that make a difference?

Hi Lisa - Hope you're getting a little breathing room today from marital issues! I hope I get one soon.

Carol - Weather is changing here too with one of those light mixes on its way. Just enough to get kids excited about snow but really just a crunchy rain is my bet.

To answer a recent question about my neck/back: better, but sore at times. Pain killers are pretty much history but I'm realizing this is a chronic condition. Will probaly continue with nerve blocks three times a year.

Marjorie - We never know how our parents are going to need us as they get older. I hope you and your family are able to work things out calmly and while remembering you love each other.

Hope all stay well in this flu epidemic, and yes, I finally DID feel the pain in my arm from my flu shot! Three days! Go figure . . .

Carolyn

Good Morning!  I conquered the bed monster and got out for a 6 mile run.  It is cool and misty/foggy today.  If I can just get out of the warm bed and out the door I am fine.

Damaris--I am in the same game.  3 pound difference in 24 hours.  We had Popeye's chicken for lunch on Sunday---is there that much salt and grease in one serving????? I must have really been retaining water.  Couldn't get my ring off yesterday for weight lifting class.   DS2 was laughing at me---went to the drive through and had no idea what to order -- haven't had fried chicken in a LONG time.

The Centergy class (yoga/pilates) is launching a new workout.   Had to sign up last week, had to confirm RSVP this morning.  Guess they are trying to weed out the "January People" and make sure everyone who signed up shows up.  Last Thursday the class was so packed I was hitting the wall mirrors with my right hand for some moves.  Not today.   I signed up, I want some space!

DD is 25 today.    She wanted cash.  Too easy.

Have a great day everyone!

Docket_Rocket

Both.  I am undergoing allergy shots which have helped improved my asthma (it took almost a year of them to do so).  I am also now training by HR (like Maffetone's method with some changes) and looking at my HR to make sure I don't get an attack has also helped.  Weather conditions do affect it and humidity is one of my triggers.  I was surprised that the 100% humidity did nothing to my lungs.

My DH may work from home today which should make for a nice long run for me! He's starting to think he's better off saving the time from his commute into NYC by working at home a couple days a week. We only live 12 miles out. What am I going to do?!!! I hate his getting underfoot and I do part time work mostly from home.

Camille - I felt the rain as I read your race report; glad you got a little relief in the second half. Would you have liked the race itself better if the weather had cooperated?

How do you guys connect as runners on Facebook?

Judy - Your "January People" made me smile and I can picture the water bottles. I wonder if I have ever been a "January Person" at anything.

Damaris - Sounds like your race went well; can asthma get better, or is it mostly weather conditions and your speed that make a difference?

Hi Lisa - Hope you're getting a little breathing room today from marital issues! I hope I get one soon.

Carol - Weather is changing here too with one of those light mixes on its way. Just enough to get kids excited about snow but really just a crunchy rain is my bet.

To answer a recent question about my neck/back: better, but sore at times. Pain killers are pretty much history but I'm realizing this is a chronic condition. Will probaly continue with nerve blocks three times a year.

Marjorie - We never know how our parents are going to need us as they get older. I hope you and your family are able to work things out calmly and while remembering you love each other.

Hope all stay well in this flu epidemic, and yes, I finally DID feel the pain in my arm from my flu shot! Three days! Go figure . . .

Carolyn

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Crazysue, yes!  I sometimes try a suit for work and it fits today and not tomorrow.  DH is going to start me on BCP and see.  Bah.

MyMomRuns, what do I need to do with the leaf?  Share it in FB?  And please remind me of the date of the run because I tend to forget about these things and I don't want to forget it!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Like the leaf!

Lisa, hope the young lady made it to her mom's all right.

Carolyn, I can sympathise -- DH is retired and is always home. One reason I don't work from home and don't take vacation days unless I have somewhere to be!

Susan, yes, you can gain several pounds from one meal. Take it from the woman who had Mexican food and margaritas after the long run on Saturday and then went to WW on Sunday morning. Big (and expensive, since I had to pay for the meeting) mistake.

4.3 this morning with running neighbour. For the first time in probably two years I wore warmup pants as well as shorts. 28 degrees when we went by the thermometer. One driver suggested we get out of the street onto the sidewalk and we yelled back "ICE!" Which there was quite a bit of.

I want one nice quiet peaceful morning this week, please.

I got home from running, took off outerwear, and went into DD's room to fill the cat water bowl. I stepped in an 8 lane superhighway of ants. They were coming out of the closet, streaming across the carpet, and swarming the kibble bowl.  A little squealing and a whole lot of bad language ensued. Sensibly went to shower before dealing with the Invasion of the Kibble Snatchers.

DS was enlisted to hold a trash bag open while I put the kibble bowl in the bag and then to run the bag outside. Then the vacuum was brought in to suck up the entire highway, it's the most efficient way we've found to deal with them -- spray where they're coming in and vacuum the ones on the carpet rather than spraying the carpet which I don't like to do. Lots of vacuuming later I think we got them, the stragglers were dealt with by employing the Big Toe of Death. Then I had to take the vacuum outside, change the bag, and throw the old (crawling) bag in the outside trash can.

And then I got to the bus stop and one bus had broken down, another had been too full to pick up most of the waiting passengers, and the one that did show up was full, had no reading lights on the passenger side of the bus, and was driven by Tony the Turtle.

I really wish Noah had squished the ants when he had the chance.

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

I am back from cycle class followed by core class at the Y. Have to go jump in the shower and eat something before my conference call at 1:00. Work is ramping up a bit, which is both good and bad! I hope everyone is having a great day -

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Looks like today is a rest day.  I doubt I will run.  had to be at the airport super early since I had a 7 am flight so I really didn't want to get up that much earlier than normal to get in the miles.  I'm training at facilities today so i'll check in later tonight for more

Ah Carol but dad doesn't think that I'll view the bill on line he usually tells me the totals and when they are due.  But I also believe that he thinks by the time that the bill comes he will already have asked her and will have told me.  Since he didn't tell me he wanted money transfered, he didn't want me to know yet.

Marjorie

Oh Tessa what a crazy morning!  Ants don't like my house -- usually don't have a problem inside thank goodness.  I do need to get them out of the flower bed.

Ugh!  So I know the answer is to eat sensibly and keep my intake around 1500 calories a day and stop the junk snacking.  Had a good day yesterday.  If I can keep it up, my weight stays where I want it.  I really lost control during the fall and holidays and need to regain control before it is too late.  Thanks for listening.  I just need a place to vent.  I know I am happier when I eat better.  The first days are always tough.  Once I get back in the groove I am fine.

Anonymous Guest

Hi guys! Busy day today, then speedwork tonight. 9x600 w/400 recovery. With warm up and cool down will be about 9 miles. Not looking forward to it, although I do tend to feel pretty bad ass when I'm done.

Good news with Jake, no more surgery. Bad news with Jake, another 10 days before the stitches can come out, so another 10 days with the cone of shame. Not a happy puppy, but it could have been much worse.

Tessa, you have had a rough couple of mornings! Here's hoping the rest of your weekdays start off quietly and normally.

Lisa, how sad about the young woman. Good of you to try to help.

Carolyn, as for connecting on facebook, I'm not sure, one of us "found" another one, etc. If you want to friend me, I think I'm facebook.com/karenmfaber. From there it will be no time before you're connected with all of us (that are on facebook, that is). We have a group on there as well, which I'd be happy to add you to, and an event page for Karnel's Amazing Event.

Damaris, you fit right in here. "SRD. With weights and kickboxing." Most people (outside of a bunch of runners, that is) would interpret the R in SRD a little differently.

Carol, enjoy the yoga DVD. I have a couple yoga DVDs (I think I even have a Bob Harper one), P90X, and a few other random workout DVDs, but lately I haven't had time for much other than running and cycling. I think I need to diversify. After February, maybe.

Judy, good luck with the January People! One reason I don't like the gym is all the other people. That sounds bad, but really, I think as I get older my patience towards others gets shorter.

Marjorie, so dad tried to slip one by you then? Sneaky. I don't mean to make light of it....I do hope he's okay and not getting taken advantage of.

crazysue, the weight thing is frustrating. We have started going out to dinner one night a week, usually Sunday, and boy can I tell on Monday.

Good to see you Cindy! You sound busy!

DH has decided he will go down to North Carolina with me for the Mount Mitchell Challenge! He and a couple of cycling teammates that aren't going to Spain this year are thinking of doing their own training camp in the Carolinas this spring, so he's going to come down with me and check out the Asheville area. I will be very happy for the company, and also for someone else to drive us home the day after I run 20 miles up a mountain and 20 more back down. Looking much more forward to that trip now - it's always more fun with him around. Except for the parts where he complains. And worries. But with no flights, those times should be limited.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

runlikeagirl18

I'm back for personals.

Lisa - I hope the girl was ok! Sad that she felt like she couldn't call her mom.

Carol - I need to do a better job of getting to my yoga/Pilates class. It tends to be the first thing that gets dropped from the schedule.

Judy - my gym hasn't been too overrun with January people. I've actually been surprised.

Damaris - I don't think I've had a chance to say welcome! Nice job on the Goofy challenge; I'll have to check out the RR. Enjoy the FE with Marjorie.

Carolyn - wintry mix can be the worst. Hope you don't get hit too hard.

Crazysue - I'm with you on the holiday eating. I'm about 6 pounds above what I consider to be my "set point" - not that much, but I know how 6 pounds can become 10 can become 20. I have a really hard time giving up my evening treat, so I'm really cracking down on my eating during the day.

Tessa - ick on the ants. Are the little bitty ones, or the big nasty black ones? We get the bitty ones but not during the winter. I can usually manage them with Terro.

Marjorie - oh, I'm so sorry about your dad. That must be very stressful. Hope the trip goes well.

Karen - I need to look at the calendar and see if there is any way I can drive up and cheer you on. The Asheville area is lovely but mountainous. If your DH wants to check out anything further east, keep us in mind as a place to stay. If you don't mind the craziness of three small boys.

Off to get dinner on the table. I made potato soup in the crock pot, and it's the perfect day for it - cold and rainy. Have a good evening-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2