Womens Running

WEDNESDAY DIVAS (Read 21 times)

SassySparky

Post away Smile

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

SassySparky

RR: Just did 5 miles with 3 x 800m .  I think I ran them too fast because I feel sick now. Hopefully some cereal and coffee do the trick. I also either have a cold or allergies so my head is heavy and ears fuzzy so I think my balance is off.

NRR: Just feeling lucky, listening to G chat and say "robot" while his dad gets him out of the crib. He's like a big kid now; he walks every where and barely crawls anymore. We took him to the park last night and he was climbing on the jungle gym ( well as much as we would let him, haha ). I have NO idea where he learned to do that! must have seen other kids doing it at some point.  Anyway gotta run.

OJewel

Morning!

Sassy- hope eating something fixes you right up. I bet just tainting down for a bit will help too.

RR- I did some workout vids in my hotel room. I have a little pain in my left calf so going to run tomorrow instead.

NRR- not much. Just going home from PA today. Hopefully no traffic! I have a bunch of meetings today so hopefully everything goes well and we are productive in all of them, as unlikely as that sounds, ha.

Have a great day!

taylorma1

Sassy-I can't believe how big G is getting! Hope the food helps settle your stomach

Jewel-be safe going home

RR: blah. My IT band is aching so I might just do a pool run later today, Icing and stretching it know. I have had on and off knee pain for awhile now. I just want it to be healthy again

NRR: loooooong day yesterday. Spent most of it at work and on a project. Today is work for a few hours and then helping DBF some more with apartment hunting, then hopefully a pool run and maybe some other workout

SassySparky

Well I feel slightly better after sitting and eating breakfast but I'm still all fuzzy... I can't decide if I should go to the doctor and pay the deductible or just keep buying OTC allergy meds and hoping that's all this is. My head is just so full and the pollen is showing no signs of stopping!

Taylor - sorry about the IT band ... I don't have experience with that injury. Have you foam rolled?

Jewel - when is your marathon? Did I miss it? I wish you productive meetings and safe travels back to NY!

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: SRD. Also rolling out my right calf. I've had some tightness there off and on for the past week. If rolling doesn't help, I"ll get a massage.

NRR: Not much. Today is "laundry and clean the house" day. Very exciting, I know. Woohoo.

Sassy - G looks so grown-up in that picture you posted! Where does the time go?

Jewel - Hopefully you get home quickly today. How often do you have to go to PA? It feels like you're always there, at least to me.

Taylor - Good luck with the IT band.

MA runner girl

Morning!

ER: Finally off my bed rest. I did pretty good and only went for 3 short walks. Now I'm definitely ready for more. Going to take C out for a walk today, it's beautiful!

NER: Just loving C. He's SO alert and his head is really strong. Yesterday I had a dentist appt so my mom watched him for an hour. It was our first hour apart, and I think it affected me WAY more than C Smile My mom said that he was awake almost the entire time just looking around. So cute. Today we aren't doing much, hopefully I can get the laundry put away between feedings. My head has been hurting for the past week. Ugh.

Sassy - I hope you feel better soon! Knock on wood, we haven't really had bad pollen here yet... I think it's been too cold.

Jewel - Safe travels home!

Taylor - Ugh I'm sorry your knee is bothering you, I hope it feels better soon.

Have a great day!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

MA runner girl

Outwest - I hope the rolling out works, though a massage sounds nice.

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

LucyBelle

Morning...the sun is finally shining here! Even though that's only supposed to last about...half a day.

RR: Planning to get out for 3 miles or so tonight. Planning is the key word. We will see what happens.

NRR: Hmmm. Still in limbo about lots of stuff. CRF had an in-person interview at UVM yesterday and still feels like the alternative program isn't a good match for him, so now it's between RPI and staying local, or WPI and moving to the Worcester, Mass. area. Hopefully we will know by the end of May, which is when we need to be out of our apartment! In wedding news, we scheduled our engagement photo shoot for May 11th. In regular old news, today's deadline day and I don't feel like working because I'm already mentally checked out of this job. Harrumph.

Sassy: Sorry about the allergies/cold. I'd go to the doctor if it's been a while and OTC stuff isn't helping. Allergies are miserable!

Jewel: I hope the meetings are as productive as possible today! Crack the whip! LOL.

Taylor: Sorry about the IT band, that's the worst. Can you try taking motrin till the inflammation at least goes down? That's what my doctor recommended.

Outwest: Haha, I feel like most of my days are just about as exciting as your day today. Lame.

MArunner: Hiiiiii! I think you need to post more pics of baby C on FB or something. I mean clearly it's not like you're busy doing anything else soooo...Wink

melrunner

good morning girls!

Sassy wow I did see those pics and he looks like a two year old! He's so precious! Is your deductible high? Don you just pay a copay?

Ma so is C already wearing 0-3 months?? I read that he's o longer fitting in newborn clothes!!

Jewel, safe travels!

Taylor hope your knee pain goes away.

OWR enjoy your rest day.

outwestrunner

Lucy - Yeah it's what I like to call the "this is the flipside to eating chocolate cake for breakfast of being an adult" day, when you have to take care of stuff because no one else is going to do it for you. I can tell when it gets closer to laundry day because I have dirty clothes all over the floor in my bedroom, and I don't like what else I have left to wear.

MA - Hurray for no more bed rest!

melrunner

Lucy where are these schools? Has he ruled out the school in California? Id love to take engagement pics too!

TriR did ST w trainer and a three mile run this morning.

NtriR lots going on. Will post on FB an update. Traveling tomorrow for the week or work so lots to do. Volunteering tonight as well.

have a good day!!

NorCal

Morning ladies!

Lucy- Sorry things are still up in the air with moving, schools, jobs, etc. Hope it all gets sorted out soon. I can't wait to see your engagement pictures, you guys are the cutest! Where are you having them taken at? Will Lucy be in them? haha

MA- First hour apart! That is a big step! Glad he's doing so well tho I agree with Lucy, you need to be posting more pictures!

Sassy- Glad eating helped a bit. Hopefully the allergies go away. I also can't believe how big G is, he looked so grown up in the pics you posted last night. And the plaid shorts are adorable!

Taylor- Sorry the IT bands aren't doing well, hope the pool running helps! 

Meli- Where are you traveling to for work?

Jewel- How are you feeling for your marathon? I am nervous and tapering is really hard right now. Ahhh! I think you asked what my goals are and honestly, just finishing without feeling totally miserable is my main goal! I had wanted to run a 9:30 pace (4:08) but I don't think I'm trained well enough for that, so I'm going to shoot for a 10:00 pace (4:22). But if I need to slow down, I'm fine with whatever. I'm just stoked to have made it through the training without injuries that have kept me from running other marathons!

OWR- My calf has been tight too. I hope rolling helps yours! I"m getting a massage the Fri before my marathon to help work out any tightness before the race. I'm sorry you have chores tonight. Oh I meant to ask you, are P&J littermates? And do they get along? Our cats aren't but have been together basically their whole lives but they have been fighting a lot lately and it really is upsetting.

RR. Ran 6 miles last night and BOY my legs were tired, tight and sore from Sunday's run. Gonna roll and stretch today.

NRR. Off work today, but doing a lot of business work. We are sponsoring an Earth Day event this weekend, so getting prepared for that too.

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

outwestrunner

NC - PnJ are litter mates. J was actually the runt, although he ended up being the biggest. Go figure. He does dominance stuff with her from time to time, like bites her neck, but most of the time, they play together nicely. Last night, they were doing some highly choreographed game involving the bathroom door. They wrassle but it's like they've prearranged what they're going to do.  As for your cats.. maybe it's the change in season? Have you changed something in their routine?

NorCal

OWR- Aw that sounds pretty cute! Cats playing together is always adorable. The only thing I can think of is having moved twice in the last 14 months.... after having lived in the same house for their entire lives. And after T went missing when we first moved here, he barely goes outside anymore and he was always an outdoor kitty. I think he's depressed or upset and takes it out of B, which sucks because she's so sweet and submissive. He will jump up on the couch where she's sleeping and just start beating her up. She will be all confused because she was sleeping and now is under attack. It's really not ok. He doesn't really hurt her, physically, but is really a bully. I'm not sure what to do to make him happier. I give him treats and catnip a lot, but he still picks on her.

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34