Womens Running

Floating Friday - Supermoms (Read 14 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 5K easy.  Almost not worth getting dressed for.

KR - has expanded his repertoire to fruit on the bottom greek yogurt lately.

FR - ghetto General Tso's, broccoli, brown rice.  I don't have the money to buy 24 Popeye's nuggets today, I'll be using frozen.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  Something after work.  Not too sure how far.  Depends on how I feel.

BR:  Is just too darn cute!  First swim lessons tomorrow!

TR:  Talked to him on the phone on my way home last night.  I love his conversations.  Swim lessons tomorrow!

NRR:  I hate my job sometimes.  Parents just drive me nuts.  There is no responsibility put on the kids.  Thanks, parent for ticking me off and ruining my night of sleep and the next day as well.

FR:  Delicious food last night.  Everything was from Costco.  Think it will be veggie lasagna tonight.

zorbs - I agree that sometimes a 5K just isn't worth changing...I have a hard time "enjoying" that distance because I just want to speed up to get it done and move on.  Mmmm.....General Tso's.  The stuff we have around here is too spicy for a nursing mama....I learned that one the hard way!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - was planning on 5k at the gym as my WU but my stomach didn't feel good this morning, and then the friend I met at the gym had a time crunch, so just ran a mile and then did ST'ing.  Was planning on today being a double anyway, so I'll just run 5 miles more later instead of the planned 3.

TR - slept at MIL's last night.

KR - was fun just having her last night, she's climbing on everything she can, and last night was making baskets w/ M's basketball hoop.

NRR - getting together w/ 2 girlfriends, one is 8 mos pgr, the other is going back to work after mat leave in a week, we're going to do a freezer meal swap.  Each of us is making 3x4 meals so we should go home with a dozen meals.

zorbs - let us know if it's as good w/ frozen chicken.  Does B know there is fruit in that yogurt! Smile

mer - ugh on the whole parent/student thing.  I don't like a lot of the current attitudes and think that people are gonna mess their kids up by always defending them instead of making them own up to things.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

runninmer

Has anyone done a "Color Run".  My school is hosting one and some concerns regarding staining of shoes, clothing, hair, etc. have come up.  Thoughts or suggestions that I can share with my administrator?  Thanks!  I'll post on FB tonight as well.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: USRD yesterday, felt woozy after the dentist. 3-4 miles + upper body lift today.

TR: Got to watch a movie last night. We had some friends over and their 12 yo played with Reid, it was really cute.

FR: Spaghetti last night. Maybe stir fry tonight?

NRR: Talked to DH about his bad attitude last night, hope he snaps out of it soon. I realized his job interview is the day R and I leave for Denver, talk about stress that morning!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- R was begging for my strawberry Greek Yogurt today. Have you batter fried stuff where you mix mochiko + egg then fry? I think I might try that since its GF.

Mer- I love Costco. I love being able to have actual conversations with my kid too Smile My town is doing a color run next month, and I think I offended someone yesterday when I told them I think those "runs" are stupid. I won't do one because of my asthma, plus I think they are dumb :P

CA- how do you feel your marathon training is progressing?

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - marathon training is going great, this week is scheduled to be another highest ever record and I'm feeling good!  Sorry you felt woozy yesterday, hope you get a good run and workout in tonight.

mer - never done a color run and like spike I don't really see the appeal of the gimmicky races, I did a mud run last year but don't plan on doing another.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

mer - at piano, I just automatically tell kids and their parents that they're doing great even when they totally aren't.  I wonder if I'm doing them a disservice.  When I first started teaching, I would tell it to them straight but now it's like, just make em happy who cares?  My friend Amy has done a color run and she said it's more like a club with a bit of running, lots of smokers, people in jeans, etc.

CA - B actually does know there's fruit in there.  "tastes like berries!"

spike - what is mochiko? I know metal dudes are big softies..I dated my german rock star friend for a bit in the early 00's and he introduced me to many band people.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- glutinous rice flour= mochiko, I guess its more of a Japanese thing? They make mochi out of it, but I've seen recipes like Honey Walnut shrimp where they make a batter out of that special rice flour + eggs and fry it. Obv I can't eat walnut shrimp but I think the concept is intriguing.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

zorbs- glutinous rice flour= mochiko, I guess its more of a Japanese thing? They make mochi out of it, but I've seen recipes like Honey Walnut shrimp where they make a batter out of that special rice flour + eggs and fry it. Obv I can't eat walnut shrimp but I think the concept is intriguing.

I only know of the mochi with green tea ice cream inside.  mmmmh!