Womens Running

Thundering Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 20 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

It stormed overnight.

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lisa, beautiful pictures! Amazing trail and a job well done by you!

Monday I got in a good track run. The deep breathing came very naturally. Somehow it is easier (or more well suited?) on the track than outside.

Today will be a track run after a possible bread run. I’m always trying to find my favorite bread.  They only put out a few loaves.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Judy - Stormed here too last night!  Hope you find your bread.

Camille - How fun to have your daughter there to visit.  Enjoy your camping.

Lisa - Loved the pictures, looked awesome!  Curious, how hilly is Woodstock?  We have a 20 miler planned the week-end of Woodstock, and Jenny and I have toyed with the idea of just doing the Full there...

Wasn't feeling like stability ball class, but made myself go.  Was so glad I did.  Had a fun class.  She does such a good job on stretching as well as weights.  Had a fun barbecue.  Tonight hill work in the trails with RB's.

Have a great tuesday!

Carol

LC Runs

Good morning, rainy and stormy here.

3 on the TM, followed by some strength training.

Judy - mmmmm, bread

Carol - glad you had a good night.  Enjoy the trail running later!

Judy- yeah for good track runs.

Carol- Woodstock is totally runable with parts on rail trail and horse trails. I'm try into talk Ginny into doing the half with me.

Thankls all. Feeling good!

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  I've had a super day yesterday with court most of the day.  Still managed a PiYo workout and 5 TM miles last night so yay.  Today, it's XT day, so I'm planning on doing kickboxing and PiYo tonight.  Hope everybody is doing well this week.

Judy, enjoy the track workout.

Carol, nice job on the class.

LC Runs, hope the TM and the strength training went well.

Lisa, hiya!  Congrats on the trail race!  Nice pics and an awesome time!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I'm back!  Was in Long Beach, CA all last week for a program office audit, then to Boston for a meeting over the weekend.  Whew!  Only got to run twice, we were SO busy.  Ran the marina area in LB and the Commons in Boston.  Lots of travel this summer.  I have got to find a way to keep up with my training schedule while on travel.  Somehow!

Lisa--great pics of your trail run!  DWD, right?

Hope everyone is great--haven't even had time to check the forum yet.

Anonymous Guest

Supposed to run 12 tonight. Chance of thunderstorms at 5:00, when I get home from work and am ready to run? 96%. Do not want to run on the TM, so I may cut it back some, run some tomorrow morning, or I'm not sure what. I hate skipping a run, but with the way I've been feeling lately it probably wouldn't be the worst idea.

Busy today - looked at my calendar and realized I'm out of the office all day tomorrow and then traveling next week, so suddenly I'm way behind.

crazysue, your travel sounds better than mine. I'm going to York, PA for the day tomorrow and Columbus, OH next week. Not exactly Long Beach and Boston....

Hi to all

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1 for me this am. Pilates later

Karen how are the headaches?

judy no storms here. We do have about a 50% chance if dome pop up showers today

Carol I love the stability ball exercises.

Laura did it cool down?

Lisa nice pictures yesterday

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

If you didn't see on FB. This is so funny. I think I've played it now 5 times. I'm not too obsessed with grammar at all.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc&feature=youtu.be

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Judy, hope you find the bread you like. Can you order it or ask them to keep some for you?

Carol, I think Woodstock looks like fun, and it sounds as if the couse is not as, um, interesting as the DWD races.

Susan! I waved in the direction of Long Beach, sorry we could not get together. LB to Boston? Kitty corner right across the country!

Lisa, glad you are feeling good.

Laura, 3 miles is not bad when it's non the TM.

Damaris, yikes on the court all yesterday. Not fun.

Karen, I'm with you -- York and Columbus don't sound as exciting as Long Beach and Boston. Hope you do get an outside run in.

Marjorie, blocked from FB and YouTube at work, will take your word for it that i'ts funny.

4 this morning with RN. She was feeling the effects of a busy weekend, and I'm still replacing red blood cells, so we weren't that fast. And on our way back we got close to the freeway off/on ramp and saw a very bright light. Figured someone had been pulled over and was getting a ticket, that happens not infrequently. The cars were blocking the bike lane so we decided to go on the dirt rather than in the oncoming traffic lane, as we went by we said "good monring" and then realized that one police officer was removing a (presumed) suspect from the car and he was not happy that we had appeared behind him. Not sure where he expected us to go, though.

And my 1-2 meeting just got rescheduled to next week and I am first in the 12-1:30 because I had a conflict, so now I can go to the gym at lunch! Yay.

Woodstock:  "The course is on a mix­ture of sin­gle track, rail trail & horse trail. The course is dry, runnable & easy to fol­low. Just great trail run­ning, no stu­pid spots. Not like Dances With Dirt for those who are famil­iar with it." That said, it is trail and if it rains for 5 days will be Mudstock but that is part and parcel for a trail event.  The 100 milers and 100k runners start Friday at 4pm so that they finish Saturday night at latest.  There is a free Friday night 5k if you are running in the morning (if you want more, and if you want you can go clothing optional).  50mile and 50k starts at 6am.  Full and half start at 7:30am.  5 mile starts at 8am.  There are live bands during day and evening.  Food for sale, camping, yoga on Sunday afternoon.  It's a whole commune style of event.  I live about 45 minutes from this.  It is fun.  Is the only 100 miler in Michigan so has been drawing people from out of state who camp.  Nothing crazy with it and fairly tame for a trail race.  I did a 2:27 half here in 2010.  Same year I ran a 2:12 PR road half in Ohio.  That gives you a good idea of how tame it is comparatively speaking. I have room available at the inn....rates for the race go up 8-3

Karen-hope you feel better!

Sue-cool run spots!

Damaris-PiYo sounds like something you should drink or eat.

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

The fun part about yesterday's court was that a bad dude ended up being taken away by the US Marshals.

Karen, good luck with the 12.

Marjorie, nice workout.  And LOL.

Sue, the area must have been nice to run.

Tessa, nice 4.

Lisa, PiYo is like a mixture of my Pilates classes and some yoga.  In 20 minutes, I burn more than 100 calories.  And I'm tired.  Sniff.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page