Womens Running

Track Thursday - Supermoms (Read 25 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 3x1000, 8K total, at the track.

TR - wanted me last night, daddy was chopped liver.  Still completely anti-potty..filled his diaper and then some...peed on DH's ipad, which was sitting on the kitchen table (not quite sure how that happened)

FR - grilled chicken and some kind of veggies.  Ideas anyone?

NRR - parents visiting this morning.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

RR - Circuit training with weights and running intervals.

TR - Got up at 3 am and went into the kitchen to look for milk, and then started shouting for me when she couldn't open the fridge (as if she would have been able to reach the milk and pour some for herself even if she had). Then she started tearing around the house on energy level 10 and just went back to sleep half an hour ago. She seems to have one horrible night of sleep every two weeks or so, so I guess we're good for another two weeks.

NRR - Going to Blue Mountain with S and my mom for two days. It's a ski resort in the winter and has a beach and other outdoor activities in the summer. Today is my and DH's 4-year anniversary but he's working tonight anyway so it's not like we would have been able to do anything.

~~~~

zorbs - good luck with your bermy 1000s. Yikes on the pee on the ipad but, ha, I'd like to know how that happened, too! How about grilled zucchini, peppers and mini potatoes? Or corn on the cob?

Bermy - I am so impressed with your training. You are going to get crazy fast. Is Bermy4 watching ds for half days now?

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

running eh

RR - couldn't drag my butt out of bed before 5 this morning, so no run yet.  I need to get is some sort of miles today....

RR#2 - bought Mizuno Elixirs last night as my "speed" shoe.  Even the thought of new shoes couldn't entice me to get up.  I have Mizuno Inspires as my regular shoe and these felt very similar on my feet.  I will let you know how it goes. The guy at the LRS gave us a bunch of gels and different things to try for fuel - so nice of him.

NRR - booked a massage for later this morning.  Hoping it helps w. the neck kink.

FR - chicken, potatoes, veggie

KR - the kids stayed at my parents while DH and I went shoe shopping and out for dinner last night.  They loved it, but we didn't get home until 1030 ish, now it's almost 730am now and they are all still sleeping.

Zorbs - roasted beets??  Did the ipad survive?  yay for track day.

Ernie - Happy Anniversary!  Have fun at Blue Mountain, I've never been in the summer, but it looks fun.  Do you make up the weight training interval workout?  Love that S tried to help herself to milk at 3am!!

CTimesTwo

Morning,

ER - elliptical, core, ST

TR - DH and C made it to my office ok yesterday, but C was totally anti-social.  Refused to walk, just wanted to be held, whined, cried... it was not a lot of fun.  She settled down when my coworker turned on a youtube video for her to watch.  We accept that she probably cries more than the average toddler, but it'd be nice if she wasn't so antsy all the time...

NRR - I should know better than to wear short sleeves in my office... stinking COLD in here!!

zorbs - ugh, sorry about the pee on the iPad...hmm maybe grilled asparagus with the chicken?  or potatoes?  or corn?

ernie - does S sleep in a crib or a cot?  C still sleeps in her crib, and hasn't ever tried to climb out... even if she did she wouldn't get very far since she can't reach the handle on the door..

Erniegirl

eh - Yay for new shoes and free samples! I want to look into getting some speed shoes, too. Enjoy your massage! I improvised a circuit workout I found online on my front lawn last week so I could work out while S played outside. It ended up being a really good workout, so I am doing it again today.

cx2 - Aw, sorry the office visit was a bust. Is C normally shy in new situations? I guess an office isn't too much fun for a toddler because they kind of have to behave Smile S sleeps in a regular bed. I shut the door when I put her to bed, but then I open it when I go to sleep because I don't like the idea of her waking up and feeling trapped in her room in the dark. Of course, this approach comes with the pitfall of her prowling for milk at 3 am...

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CTimesTwo

eh - I want a massage!!!  I keep meaning to book one but my MT times aren't always ideal.  I should probably get one while DH is still on summer vacation so I don't have to rush through one...

ernie - ya, C isn't just shy, she's anti-social.  She'll cling to me or DH and then shriek if we try to let someone else hold her or we try to put her down.  I don't know if she's just scared in new environments or what.  It takes forever for her to finally be comfortable.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ernie - can you believe I've never been to Blue Mountain? isn't it one of those rite of passage things, go on a school ski trip up there? my school went to Horseshoe. happy anniversary! M mentioned something about your wedding dress getting ruined the last time I talked to him. Could I hear the story about that?

eh - when I get the neck kink (the one where I lose all range of motion on one side) I literally feel sick.  I'm sure a massage can help! Yes, the ipad survived, it was just a splash on the screen.

cx2 - what was the occasion for the visit from C and DH?

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

mrszackmorris

rr: 4m with rp.

kr: has a birthday party tomorrow that she won't stop talking about!

tr: got new markers and I'm impressed at how well she can color when she's motivated.

br: follows me around everywhere!

nrr: headed to the local picnic tonight for family night. surprising the girls. our neighbor girl is babysitting Saturday night. woot woot!!!

fr: leftovers or picnic food.

RR - 5 miles with the dog today.  Tried to hold a consistent steady pace in steady pace for a change.

KR: DS got in trouble at school for calling some girl a dummy and hitting her.  He's having such a hard time and feels really pressured to behave.  You ask him if he's going to bring home a sticker on his chart and he sighs like the weight of the world in on his shoulders.

Discovered my 5 yo and 8 yo wear the same size clothes.  I think its cute that DD borrows clothes from her brother.  At least it isn't the other way around!

Zorbs: Do you go to a local high school track?  There isn't  one near me that you are allowed to trespass on.

Ernie: at least you know the pattern to the sleep mystery!

eh: a massage and new shoes - that would be like a birthday at my house!

Cx2: I hear you on the cold office! I'm sitting here in a fleece coat

Zack: family Picnic sounds great  - What kind of food do you bring

armmama

morning!

RR - SRD.  I really look forward to these since I have to get up so early to get my runs in before DH leaves on the other days, it was nice to sleep in this morning.  We just joined a gym and my goal is to go try the pilates class this morning.

BR - we have a mini tennis net in our driveway and last night we were all hitting balls back and forth and L loves to stand in the middle and I hit him in the face one time and the top of the head another.  I am such a GREAT mom!  He only cried for a little bit after the face hit, and the head hit didn't even phase him.  Total difference between him and the girls.

KR - ended up taking them all to this really yummy breakfast place yesterday and they were all good!  more often than not when we all go out DD2 will sit and cry because she's starving and L will just try to get down and throw things.  I was really happy none of these things happened since I was by myself.

FR - greek steak pita sandwiches.  might go to the farmer's market to find some good vegetables to have with it, otherwise we'll go with frozen green beans.

NRR - thought my car escaped damage from storms the other night but notice several hail dents last night.  Such a bummer.  DH's car was parked in the garage, too bad it wasn't the other way around since his car could use some touching up and mine is only 2 months old and didn't have a scratch on it.

zorbs - my girls were late PTers, I am not looking forward to the boy.  I am boring and always go with a salad when I can't think of a veg.

ernie - omg I was dying reading your TR post!  L is still in a crib and I am thankful for the sleep I get. Happy Anniversary!  4 years seems like forever ago, we are coming up on 12 this October.

eh - I love getting new shoes!  I haven't gotten any in a very long time, maybe I'm due soon.

cx2 - my 3rd DD is really shy too.  At least she doesn't cry in social situations anymore.  Wink

mrszm - when L is following me around I will say hey let's go find your sisters!  And then when he's momentarily distracted by them I quick sneak away.

dexy - my DD used to get in trouble for calling people stupid and when she finally learned she shouldn't say that she started calling people "stu".  We still laugh about that.  My 6 and 8 year old wear the same size clothes, it's kind of nice!  They are both girls though.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - SRD, no more running till Saturday...

TR - has daycamp today, not sure what I'm going to do for 2 hrs.  I probably shouldn't ride my bike for 2 hrs, I thought of coming home and riding on the trainer, but it seems strange to come home while MIL is here and not talk to her at all.  I could come home and pack/do laundry.

BR - sorta crawling, well moving at least.  She leans forwards and pulls herself with her hands while her legs drag behind on her knees - but more in a crossed legged position than a crawl position.

FR - I'll grill some chicken, or make DH grill it, for him and there is a ton of tuna noodle casserole leftover.  Makes for good carb loading for me.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Marathonjen

I suck at posting...I need a job so I can have time to sit at a computer and post!

zorbs - Nice job on the track workout!!  Sorry about B being anti potty...we introduced J to the potty and he did well the first couple of times and now he would rather play with the potty, carry it around, etc...but he will either pee on the floor or in the tub...guess he's not into it either.

ernie - Ugh to the awful sleep by S.  Is she in a bed now?  I am nervous about transitioning J to a bed very soon as I am afraid he will not stay in it and roam the house.  Happy Anniversary to you and DH!!  Have fun at Blue Mountain...sounds like a nice getaway!

eh - I have always wanted to try Mizunos...I hope you love your new ones.  Yay for a nice massage this morning...enjoy!!  I had one the other day and it sucked.  Why is it the most expensive places are the worst?

CTimes - Sorry that C was so whiney at your office yesterday!  I think we all believe our child cries more than the average...J started crying yesterday because his applesauce was gone...I went and got him more but that wasn't acceptable so he cried for 30 min straight.  UGH!

mrszm - Yay for finding a babysitter and actually going out with only adults!!!  Have fun at the family picnic tonight.  I am sure the kids will have fun.  LOL to C following you around everywhere.  That is sooooo J.  He will grab at my legs and whine if I am busy doing something. Sounds like you have been running with RP more...that's good. I would love an RP but I think people see me waddling and are a little turned offWink

Dexy - LOL to your kids being the same size and sharing clothes...you're right...at least DS isn't asking DD to borrow a dress.  I am sorry DS is having a hard time behaving.  My cousin was like that in Kindergarten. A friend of mine was his PE teacher and said he just couldn't behave but it turned out to be the adjustment of school and the kids in his class.  He was hanging out with some special needs (behavioral challenged) kids and thought that was how he was supposed to act.  He is now a Junior in High School and a great kid!!  I am sure your DS will figure it out.

arm - Have you been able to play tennis in MN yet?  Sounds like things are going well there.  Glad you got to sleep in this morning.  Are the kids excited to start school?  Boo to the dents in your car...won't insurance cover repairs?

RR - 6 miles this morning...nice that it was cool again and I didn't have to push the stroller.  I am slow though...and everything hurts.

TR - Can be such a good boy one minute and an absolute terror the next.  He is really into hitting and biting ME...just me...no one else.  It is super annoying.  Getting ready to transition him to a bed...getting scared though.  We have to wait for the blinds for his room to come in and then we are going to put a mattress on the floor for him.  Also need to gate him in his room for a few weeks until he is used to the bed.  Ugh...all these changes.

NRR - I have zero energy.  Found out at my last dr. appt that I have low iron so hoping a little increase in the iron will help.  I have no idea how people take care of kids while pg.  I feel bad for J because I sometimes neglect him because I am sooooo exhausted.  That is probably why he is acting out more and more.  I wish DH were around more to help but that won't change so I need to learn to function for the next 11 (or less) weeks.

NRR#2 - Still really whiney about my job situation and nervous about money for the next few months.  I have never NOT had my own money so this will be tough.  On a positive note a met a new mommy friend who has 2 boys that are 2 years apart...they will both be 7ish months older than my boys are/will be.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - our latest fav is grilled carrots. You put them on the upper rack of the bbq for about 5 mins (cut in half lengthways), then wrap them in foil and finish cooking them. They are really sweet but have a nice smokey flavor.

ernie - hope S has a good run of sleep coming up! Have fun at Blue Mountain, sounds fun.

r-eh - let us know how you like the shoes. Since you wear Mizunos you should watch for sales on your shoes on hollabirdsports.com - they will ship muzunos to Canada, $15 shipping per pair, but it still ends up being a lot cheaper than any local store, especially when they are on clearout.

cx2 - M would have been like that too, she just isn't comfortable in new situations with new people that she doesn't know.

mzm - I can't wait until M will color on her own! Mostly coloring is me coloring things for her right now. Have fun at the picnic.

dexy - Poor DS, sounds rough on him. I hope he figures out an outlet other than hitting the girls Sad Nice run today!

arm - lol on DS and the tennis balls! Wow on taking all the kids out for bfast, I don't like taking just our girls out, it's just seems like more work than cooking a meal. Too bad on the car Sad

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Jen - hang in there, I felt soooo tired when I was pgr also, and I didn't have low iron.  I spent so much time lying around reading stories or putting the tv on, or even putting M in the bath so I could just sit while she played.  Sorry about the job thing, that would be super hard! Sad

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: No more running until Saturday.

TR: Both last night and this morning asked me to put a movie on then asked for his "Gubby" and "Linon"- those are the two blankets I made for him. Gubby is about 12x12" and is just a patchwork minkee fabric lovey and Linon is the lion hoodie blanket I made for him earlier this year.

FR: Last night I make this cajun soup thing. Tonight will be flatiron steak, potatoes, and beets since DH will be at work.

NRR: Mostly packed for tomorrow, I keep remembering little things that might be nice to have- I actually remembered melatonin, yay! I'm picking up RPs at 7:15 am and dropping off R at daycare on the way out of town. I'm slightly nervous about being out of the country while R is home and DH on night shifts. I totally trust R's godmother with him and wrote down all the contact information she could ever need. Drive is going to be 6+ hours, but at least I'll have good company.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07