Womens Running

Matchup Wednesday (dailies) (Read 20 times)

Kilmisters

Fun fact. Latvia is facing US in Under-19 World Floorball Championship opener today; in fact - in 4hrs. Smile

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Kilmisters

Lizzie, extreme taper is a nice way of looking at the current situation, yes Smile The day off yesterday was because of Labour Day (in fact, it's national holiday in 80 countries; apparently not US). Is there a chance you can avoid mammel for the rest of the week? Smile

Damaris, well, glad to hear your boss tackles the issue without sugarcoating the a--hole situation! Interested to hear what happens next.

Sue, wow, she must be a miserable human being to answer that way... There must be a contingency plan for when you could possibly be away? If not, it's not your problem by any means. Hoping this situation will be solved in a reasonable way.

Karen, conversation in kitchen I had w boss this morning:

Boss: ''Look, I got new shoes!!''

Elina: "......Well, I am not the person to discuss fashion stuff with, you do realize that, right?''

B: ''You could have just said -nice shoes, how cute- or smth..''

E: /in overexcited voice/ ''Well, guess what, American runner will make a training plan for my September HM!!!!''

--long silence--

E: ''See, this is stuff I care about and you have zero to comment. Goes both ways. Shoes. Running. To each their own.''

B: /just to say something/ ''So... This plan of yours... /mockingly/ Does it allow for private life as well?''

E: /cheerfully/ ''I don't know, that's up to Karen''

B: ''Who's Kar.... Nevermind.''

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

Elina--love the conversation with boss.

HCK2-LOL "some running like activity" If you call it running... then it is.

Coffee is good! That is all for now. 

Lisa

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

10.2 miles for me. 6 of those were at MP (or should I say..DMP).

This was HARD. I am surprised at how well I did though. It actually flew by! I was so tired before I even started and my body was tired from lifting heavy yesterday. BUT...I did those MP miles at 9:01-9:02 and stayed between those paces the entire time! I was pretty proud of myself. One, because my legs are TIRED and two, it was HOT. It was tough, though. Phew. Still up in the air if I can hold that pace for 26.2 miles.

We are reaching 90 today. Its here. I know a lot of you are excited - but I am really not looking forward to the 70 dewpoint mornings and the SPIDER WEBS UGGGHHH. I don't have a choice, I know. But now I am going to bitch about the weather for the next 4 months. LOL. Time to bust out the salt tablets and hydration crap!

We have big wigs in town today. Mammel will be in his usual "kissing ass" form. Its sickening to watch, really. Sigh. I think they are coming in to evaluate the property. The client lease is up soon - we have had a real decrease in population this year so I am wondering if they will even renew! Mammel thinks this visit is all about him and how he is trying to "redo" the property. But of course, everything is about him! Ready to go home! Hehe.

Karen – Nice workout yesterday! Are you sore today?? You are preaching to the choir – doing weights is so hard…but running 20 miles isn’t Smile YES YES YES about the first week of taper!! After that last long run you are so excited…but then…you are still working pretty hard the first week haha. LOL at your comment to Susan.

Yeah Susan, we will take her down!!

Docket – Wow, I didn’t think you would be getting a new boss that fast!! Smile YAY!! He sounds awesome – you had me at “not a micro manager”! MOST ARE.

Laura – YEAH!!! WOOHOO on those morning miles! Aren’t you loving how early it is starting to get lighter? I hate it but I know you like it Smile Oh NO on the drama!! Hopefully you aren’t involved. I am thinking about a white skirt tomorrow…I will have to be very careful. LOL.

Lisa – I want to work where you work!!! In my last job interview, they were talking about the balance of work from home/work from Starbucks/being in the office – that yes, you do have to be in the office sometimes but working from home once in a while or just AWAY from the office in general – can HELP your job not be so “mundane”. Just a change in scenery can have some motivating factors. I am sure this would not work for everyone – but I would enjoy that! But then again I work in an awful work environment. Haha. But, you know what I mean. I am so jealous of your flexibility. In my view – you get more bees with honey! Once that person screws up the freedom…then you adjust. Just my opinion. How is your knee feeling today?

Kilmisters – So, I take it you are watching the Championship opener?! Laughing at your conversation this morning. I think you have a pretty cool boss, too! Hope you are feeling better!

Run4kupcakes – Nice job on the running activity Smile

Have a great day everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Core this morning. Yay me

So..yesterday I wrote a snippy email to my boss.  I texted my running buddy and she talked me down before I sent it. I ended up going to DD's house and holding the grandbaby.

WTF??? I am submitting a leave request 3 months in advance for something we have already discussed, and it will all be "use or lose" leave.

Go ahead. Deny in writing. I'll send up the "hostile work environment" flag and see what happens. I'll probably get fired that's what will happen. Just do it and get it over with. I've been here 24 years. I feel like I've had an ax hanging over my neck the past two. Just fire me and get it over with.

UGH!

Elina--how's the game going? I didn't even know the US had a floorball team.

Have a great day. Mine already sucks.

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I have 4 and weights tonight. I checked the OTF schedule in case I wanted to go today but it's hill work and fuck no, on the week of post marathon.  Or ever.

Did I mention it was a cold 81F last night (and 65 dewpoint), aka, January weather?  That is cold for May.  So, my 5 miles were done outside!

Oh, check this out.  The asshole person didn't get the memo.  I heard her (really yelling at me angrily) that people didn't understand what he was trying to say.  Eh, maybe you didn't...

Elina, LOL.  Love that conversation.

Lisa, hoping you get more than coffee!

Liz, he is not a boss per se, but we are rather going to be covered by the boss from Orlando for who knows how long.  Nothing happens quickly in the government so no hope the position will open for people any time soon.  Nice run.  We have been in the 70 dewpoints forever.  I can't wait for the 80s dewpoints (said in the most sarcastic voice I can muster).

Susan, write an email back to the boss.  Answer her in a professional manner.  she might be counting on you never to answer back to bully you.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lizzie, yes, it is killing me not to run. I have sniffled over it. At least my knee will get the rest it needs. 

Crazysue, Geeze about the leave thing! Lisa’s advice sounds perfect for you. She has excellent experience in business and dealing with the psychology of people.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

dhuffman63

Trails

Sue she's just awful.  Since I know the area you and DF live and what you both do for a living unless you moved it's probably hard to find work in your field otherwise I'd say F U and leave. I had one horrible boss and it took 6 months before I left.  It's hard when you like WHAT you do just not WHO you work with/for.

Lizzie I know you understand that Smile

Damaris that sounds like good news.  I think I'm going all InB on Saturday.  I'll try and get someone to take a picture before since I can't seem to be visible to photographers sometimes.

Elina I'd have just said nice shoes and left it at that.  My poor office mate has to hear all my run stories but he's a good sport and at least acts interested.  I listen to the basketball or golf crap.

Lisa, since my "run" part of any thing is based on say 15 steps of what Kat calls a joggity jog can I call myself a runner

Sue, I'm coming to visit my parents in July, just let me know and I'll kick her ass.  If we were in FL I know some people....just saying.

Right now it's saying 51/79 Sunny, 0% rain and 6 mph wind, 40% humidity.  I'll take it even if there's no shade and it'll be hot.  I'm putting my bladder pack in the fridge and filling a bottle with ice.  It might be a little chilly at the start but by the time I finish I'll be baked.  Packed lots of sunscreen.  Massage last night was good, worked my psoas and my piriformis was acting up too so she worked on that.

It's tornado season in the Midwest and OK and the area I was in for the Flint Hills in KS had a tornado last night.  So sunny and hot is better than the alternative.  Last year the Heartland race had some cloud to ground lightening, rain and was pretty crappy.

Laura I despise drama at work.  I thought working with all these women it would be bad but so far so good.  Of course my coworker and I tend to keep to ourselves since we are Internal Audit.

Seloc

HCK – LOL on the “some running like activity” – that’s funny.  I call my “running like activity” shuffling.  What’s up next for you?

Lisa – it’s SO nice when you have a good boss, isn’t it?  My current boss and I used to be coworkers and worked SUPER well together.  He has now been my manager for over a year.  At times he can micromanage but overall I am really impressed at how well he is doing for being a new manager.  I love my flexibility, too, and appreciate it more since I didn’t have as much for awhile when I changed jobs.  I COMPLETELY agree that it all balances out in the end.  How the knee?

Laura – HOORAY for morning outside miles!  OMG it feels like it’s taken forever to get to this point, doesn’t it?  Kinda funny that you guys are usually about a day behind us in weather – we had rain overnight.  And, yep, now in the 50s and 60s this week.  I’ll TAKE it!  Ugh, sorry about the more work drama.  You need a break!!

Damaris – SUPER promising news about almost new bossman!  LOL on the eff the hill work.  Ummm nope, that is not “cold” haha but whatever works for you!  I’d have been bursting into flames!

Karen – that cracked me up you getting “busted” on the Interwebs when really you of course doing laundry, cleaning and dinner prep LOL  Totally awesome.  Nice job getting to OTF.  I keep saying I want to give that a try.  Okay, even I don’t consider 68* really heat, per say.  But, I feel like my blood needs a chance to thin out a bit!  Like go from the consistency of honey to say syrup haha

Lizzie – so, I’ve been meaning to ask – do you ever see anyone running in the morning?  I’m kinda getting a tiny bit annoyed that I can no longer run anonymously in my town.  Yesterday I ran into two more people I know that were running, met up with 2, just missed seeing another 2 and the other 2 were at the track!  This was all at 5am.  Sometimes I just want to run alone and it’s hard to find a route in which I won’t run into anyone.

Elina – oh no, sorry about the cold!  But, like others have said, better now to get it out of the way before Saturday.  And, like coach Karen said to Damaris, better to be under-run than over-run.  You will be great!  Feeling better and rested!  Go USA hee hee  Are you able to watch the game?  Please let us know the results!

Kat – sounds like you need to get thee checked out.  For peace of mind, if nothing else.

Lizzie2 – 10.2mi?!!!  Holy crap, girl.  If I can weigh in (well, I will anyway), once you are tapered, I, personally, fully believe in your ability to hold that pace for 26.2.  In good weather.  Ugh on your summer swamp season!  Whine away!  You’ve been listening to me do so for SIX MONTHS OF WINTER over here.  Ugh on the Mammel.  Hope your day goes fast!  Sleep in rest day for you tomorrow – woohoo!

Sue – ugh, what is her DEAL?!  Does she treat everyone like that?  Is there an HR department you can go to?  I actually was thinking about you this morning when I was getting ready for work.  I’m so sorry for this stress which is SOOOOOO unnecessary.

6mi total for me this morning with 6 x 200m “sprints” thrown in and body work (situps, pushups, lunges, etc).  Kinda fun.  Rain moved out just in time.  Anyone ever been to Columbia?

Seloc

x-posted with Diane - glad you had a nice massage!  Sounds like a good plan for the conditions this weekend.

I decided to let it ride till tomorrow.  Webex chat at 1000. I will tell her how stressful her email is, and instead of inspiring me to work it really just upsets me and I can't focus. Last year I took a Friday afternoon off and she told me unexpected leave is problematic, so now I ask three months in advance and I get the stupid email?? I can't win--which I will bring up tomorrow.  Whatever I do, it is ALWAYS wrong.

Diane--bingo!  There are not really any other job opportunities in my field here, and I don't want to move and start over. Boss is located near Gloucester, MA, and all this long distance micromanaging is driving me crazy.

Let me go try to be productive.

Kilmisters

Lizzie, thanks for heads up, it's easier to handle prolonged bitching when one warns about it in advance. Big grin But seriously, we do it sometimes; w our friends. ''I will be PITA from Monday to Wednesday. Don't ask. And I am sorry.'' ''Uhm, ok''.

Sandy, everyone saying - it's better to be healthy and rested on Saturday - yeah, not helping the taper madness... Big grin I hate it when people say reasonable things that go against the emotional side of situation Smile

Diane, ha, just saying ''nice shoes'' - that would mean adhering to social standards.... Never! 

Damaris, come to Latvia - a place where you can't find serious hills (for US standards) unless you decide to work out at multi-level car-park and use those slopes. Or office building stairs.

Sue, let us know how tomorrow's conversation goes!

Floorball game: Latvia 20:0 USA, which I honestly didn't expect... Then checked our roster and realized there's lots of young guns that are high-class even for local Elite league standards and it made more sense.

Weather stalking for Saturday's trail HM - 60 degrees and sunny. Meh. Looks like approx 500ppl will run the HM distance. But the 10k, 21k and 30k courses overlap so it doesn't mean 500ppl in those woods at the same time; many more. Wish there were less, tho... Getting excited!

dhuffman63

Trails

LOL Elina....it'd be "nice shoes" and then walk away for me.  Since I have to ask these people for documents I try and maintain at least a minimum of niceness.  The rest of the time I'm in my office with door shut. Smile

Karen, training question: After the recovery from this 50k...I'm wanting to add one more day of walking in on Wed and leaving Mon and Fri as rest days.  I am trying to build up to 50 or so mpw but slowly so I don't get injured.  There's so much conflicting information out there.  Some say a person can do a 50 miler on 30 mpw others say 50 mpw...and then those who race actually do 70+ mpw but I don't think my body can handle that.  I'm not having much trouble with 30 to 35 mpw so think a slow build up to 50 should be doable. I wish I lived closer, arg.

Hi Judy, hope the toe gets feeling better soon.

Hi Sandy. Sounds like that was a fun workout.

ginnyb

Yes Lisa, I would love to do Woodstock this year.  Right now I am feeling discouraged, but I am planning on it.

I don't see how I can do Cleveland....back is still bothering and haven't done even a partial longish run in 2 weeks and I was only up to 8 miles.   I don't know, I hate to throw in the towel.  I see chiropractor on Friday again and she will have looked at x-rays then, so maybe I will have a better picture of what's up.  I just don't want to make myself worse.

Today is a beautiful summerlike day and that makes me so happy.  Wish I could run.

Elina...love the conversation with boss!

Sandy...I am still afraid winter will return.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

4 miles for me this morning, turned out to be a fartlek, as I was trying to get home before the storms rolled in!    It felt good to run some faster speeds.  I was about a quarter mile from home and it started pouring.  I was drenched.  But it was a refreshing rain, it was about 60 degrees already at 5:30.  We've gotten into the 80's twice, the weird thing is that there are still piles of snow around.  I thought the rain this morning would cause them to finally go away but they are still there.

Elina, where was the floorball championship game?  DD has her first intramural floor hockey game tomorrow morning, she is pretty excited.  She says that she is very aggressive.    Don't know why our Labor Day is different than Labour Day.  I'm guessing because we have Memorial Day at the end of May, so they figured September was better for Labor Day!

Lizzie, nice DMP run!    That is great that you could hold that speed with tired legs.  I ran into my first spider web this morning.  Yuck.  Hope the work day goes fast!  That is a weird dream you had.  I had a dream that I was running the Lakefront Marathon.  Oh, I did dream that it was 9:30 at night and I was still at work.  And I realized that I forgot to pick up DD from school.  I felt really bad.  I was happy when I woke up and it was just a dream.    We have lots of ticks here and I know people that have gotten Lyme disease.  It is scary.

Sue, sorry about the issues with your leave request.  That really sucks.  The proper answer would be "Congrats, of course your leave is granted and if there are any issues with completing your current project, just let me know and we will figure out how to get it done".

Damaris, haha, no hill work for you?    Wow, that is some nice weather.    Glad you got an outside run in!   Yeah, usually the person that is being referenced has no clue.  Since they have no clue they are actually an asshole.

Diane, it will be tough running a race in that warm weather when you haven't adjusted to it.  Sorry about the race photo situation.  Were there a lot of runners on the course around you?  Usually that's when I don't get any photos.  But it's hit or miss, sometimes I get a ton of photos, sometimes one or two.

Sandy, now I'm going to have that "Every Day I'm Shuffling" song in my head.    Nice workout this morning!  My foot has been OK.  I get some soreness but it's usually gone the next day.  Running has been pain free.  It is getting easier, I've been running by heart rate and not pace and my pace has been slow.  But it's slowly going up.  A long run will probably feel really hard though!  

Laura, it is nice to be back outside again!  Though the shift from Winter to Summer is not great.  It's acceptable.  

Kat, I was talking about the costumed runner.    I read that about the Boston winner, and that he had also run a marathon in a full suit.  I guess there are people that do that to get in the Guiness Book of World Records.  Things like fastest marathon dressed as a Disney princess.    Too bad your insurance won't cover the bloodwork!

Karen, nice job getting back to OT!  Gotta work on the beach body.  

Lisa, your knee sounds absolutely beautiful.    I hope it feels better!

Cathy