Womens Running

Happy Fri...wait its THURSDAY (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I feel like it should be Friday! WHY WHY WHY

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

REST DAY! Woohoo!

9+ hours of sleep last night. 9!!! It felt so good. I did not want to get up this morning!

Road Show today..all the upper management is here today. Fun times.

I have the big 2-0 tomorrow. I am nervous about it because the weather isn't going to be that great. In the 50's which is a little warm (I will have to bring some water ugh) and we are going to be having 30-40mph wind gusts! UUGHHHHHH. I guess it could be worse...it could be 20 degrees with those winds. Sigh.

Cathy – Awe man, not a great start to the trail series! Those kind of conditions will toughen her up Smile I look at MKE weather all the time because it is still on my weather app from when I was there. I think yesterday I looked at your morning temps and got mixed up because I thought they were mine. Opps. We are getting those winds too! Not looking forward to it. I am going to tell HCBF that diet and exercise worked for you – he keeps arguing with me. I tell him to eat something healthy at LEAST once a day. I figure that may be a good start. SmileTotally agree with your picture.

Run4kupcakes – Nice miles! Its going to warm down here the next few days – are you having the same weather?

Okay. I have to go show my face around...have a good day everyone!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 14 and Pilates.  Working from home but woke up feeling like I woke up early, when I slept an extra hour.  Weird.

Liz, enjoy your rest day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Wednesday I did a 30 minute cardio dvd, then worked 4 hours at the library volunteering. Arthritis in left thumb joint is bothering me. Glad it’s not the legs! 

Today I hope to run outside between showers. Temps are rising, finally! 

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

dhuffman63

Trails

I briefly considered doing some TM last night but I was starving when I got home so I made some French toast and watched Nature instead.  If I felt that tired the last few days it is my body telling me to relax.  I'll see what I can do tonight and this weekend.

I wish it was Friday, I'm tired of being at work.  Good luck on the 20 tomorrow Lizzie.  How was Pet Day for Ruger?

Wow...go to the National Weather Service and look at all the colors on the map for all the weather warnings.  I've never seen it like that. We have wind gusts of 30-40 mph through the weekend.

Elina, I've been trying to finish up an audit with ever changing requirements....I feel your pain.

Hi Damaris.  I liked the pic of you kitties on FB.

Tessa, Sue, I hope you are feeling better today.

Cathy, I'm sorry but your DD is way tougher than me as there's no way I'd do that 5k in those conditions.  I'll defer to age has wisdom.

Seloc

Diane – thanks for the kind words.  I know I would be a pretty tough parent.

Tessa – yeah mostly people use the kitchen for food trash.  And most of these guys go out every day.  I can’t believe you got out there so early yesterday still coughing!  Hope you are feeling better and can have a more chill day WFH today.

Lizzie – OMG that sounds like a FUN day riding around the property in a golf cart when it’s so nice out!!  What kind of engineers do you work with?  These network engineers are a bunch of tools and not a one is cute!  Haha  Oh, believe me, I WANTED to slap that girl in the face the other night.  If it would have been my kid I would have grabbed her by the upper arm LOL  Oh, man, I WISH it was Friday!  Sooooooooo happy for your nice sleep!!  You needed that.  You are going to KILL your 20 tomorrow, just KILL it!!  Oooh boy on that wind.  But, yep, I will have that on Sat – if we go.  It’s alllll up in the air now.  Have a great day!!

Cathy – oh man, 60*!!  But you are getting the gross weather this weekend too, eh.  NO GOOD.  My dollar store gloves all have holes which means they are done for the season!  I’ve been meaning to ask how the new CA employee is doing.  Funny about her new black parka but she miiiiiiiiight want something a little lighter pretty soon haha.  OMG that is tooooo funny about the Minus 5 thing in Vegas.  Yeah, right.  No reason to do that when we can experience in real life weather!  Haha, yep, love your little bird memes.  Sadly true.

Damaris – have a great 14!

Judy – hooray for rising temps.  Have a great outside run!!

8mi with 5 of those on the hilly route with the fast girls.  They nearly killed me.  Long run plans are all up in the air now that we have a Winter Storm Watch.  This will turn into a Warning in some parts once it gets closer.  There WILL be winds and there WILL be precip.  All depends on the temps if we get rain, sleet, ice pellets or snow.  If it’s all snow it could be over a half a foot.  Trying not to get too grumpy about it.  But, sheesh, I finally had a good week of running and now may not run long.  I could move the 20 to next week then another 20 then taper.  Who knows.

Halfway through the Chrissy Metz book.  It is so SO good.  I love her even more now!!

Failed upgrade this morning – ugh.  Waiting for remote hands to get back to me.  Let’s just hope this doesn’t take all day.  I’m ready for the weekend!!

Sick day. Still feel like crap. Found some flonase in the cabinet (DF's mom didn't want it) -- score!! Maybe that will help.

Diane--yikes on the weather--I need to go to Slidell (north of New Orleans) on Saturday. Hope it's not too bad.

Lizzie--good luck on the road show today and the 20 miler tomorrow!

Back to the sofa.

dhuffman63

Trails

Hadn't thought of Slidell in quite some time.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Docket – That happens to me! The more sleep I get the more tired I am. Good luck on the 14!

Judy – Woohoo for warm weather runs! Sorry about the arthritis.

Diane – FRENCH TOAST – YUMMMM!!! One of my favorites. Smart to take it easy if you were really feeling tired. We gave Ruger some doggie ice cream for pet day! He is at daycare today Smile I feel like the entire country is experiencing awful winds the next couple days. They are telling us severe storms Sunday night. Might be a treadmill run Monday.

Sandy – NICE run today!! BUMMER on the forecast. What are the temps expected to be? 30’s? Would you still run long if its just rain? That’s good practice Smile Where are you planning on going for the LR? Are you going with your fast RB’s? Hope the upgrade works out. I have to call IT every single day. I get locked out everytime I turn on my computer. They can’t tell me why…sigh. We have building engineers – plumbers, electricians, etc. We have a couple cute ones but they are ALL taken. This one in particular that I was riding around with has a kid and a live in girlfriend. But man, if he didn’t. HMMM. Haha! I hope I kill the run tomorrow! The winds are def going to slow me down. I am not looking forward to that part. Good thing is that it is just a training run..so slow is fine with me! I am going to be breaking in my marathon shoes – Mizuno Wave Riders. I bought a new pair a few weeks ago but have been holding them back Smile I might even have the balls to call out tomorrow. It helps that HCBF will be working from home tomorrow. Plus, I really would love a lay-on-the-couch-and-watch-Netflix kind of day Smile

Susan – Ugh, sorry you are still feeling bad. Glad you are taking a REST day! Feel better!

Quiet day on the forums! I need a nap.

Have a good afternoon/evening everyone!

Anonymous Guest

I am tired today. I got up, took the dog to daycare, drank coffee and messed around, ran 6 easy miles (which sucked because it's back to hot and humid here and I should have gone earlier), got some groceries, did some cleaning. And now I feel like I need a nap.

Boston forecast still showing temps in the low 50s (good), rain (less good but okay), and headwinds of 20-30 mph (super not good). I'm going to be packing all kinds of stuff because a little change in the temperature will make a huge difference in what I wear. Glad my expectations are low, mostly just worried I'll go out too fast because I'm cold, blow up, and then have to run/walk the last several miles and be miserable in that weather. Ah well, what is Boston without crappy weather to complain about?

You know what? I'm going to take a little nap before I go pick up the dog. Because I'm tired and I can. So no personals now, I have some napping to do.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Karen, i hate wind with a passion. Hoping the winds go down.  So far, it looks like I'll get rain for my marathon but it's too early to tell at this point.

Judy, hoping you got to run outside.

Diane, French Toast sounds better than the TM.

Sandy, great job on the run.

Susan, I forgot my Flonase last night which is why today I woke up feeling like shit.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

4.4 miles. I'm so tired of wind. Today at least it was warm instead of cold.

AnonymousGuest, I'm having the same packing issues for Atlantic City. Rain and 50 is a lot different from cloudy and 50, which is also very different from 60 & 100% humidity.

LC Runs

3.5 after work miles, felt a lot better than last night.  Weird but l'll take it!  So....we're under a winter storm watch and they are saying up to 9 inches of snow and an inch of ice this weekend ahhhhhhh!!!!  

Lizzie - whoo hoo on the 20 tomorrow!!  It has been so windy here the past month and I am tired of it, too bad you can't just run one direction the entire time with the wind at your back LOL

Damaris - have a good run and Pilates!

Judy - hope you had a good run!

Diane - this weather is sure something else, I'm beginning to think there will be no summer this year!

Sandy - nice run!!

Sue - feel better!!

Karen - you deserve a nap!!  I have been napping on the weekends lately and probably will this weekend too, since I don't even want to look out the window ha ha.  Yes, I saw the Boston forecast, crazy but you will do great!

K - nice run, and I am so with you on the wind!

Arimathea

Tessa

I am sorely tempted to call in sick tomorrow. I have been working at my kitchen table all day and coughing up a storm. At least I made it clear to colleague in Portland that I cannot talk, so for each conference call I was introduced as "Tessa-with-laryngitis". I couldn't even scream at the driver who looked at me this morning, looked at the green ped walk sign, then turned right in front of me as I was crossing WITH the light IN the crosswalk. (Sign language works, though. I hope the double birds pooped on his windshield.)

Liz, did you give Ruger Frosty Paws? Abby loves those and gets one a week as her Sunday night treat. At least she's supposed to. Sis gives that dog way too many treaties. Good luck with the 20 tomorrow.

Cathy, people pay to go stand in -5 temps? That's about as stupid as tanning salons in southern California. We have the UV rays in abundance for free!

Diane, we have hefty wind gusts also. It is trash day here and a lot of them have blown over or down the street.

Supposed to be writing a quiz but I'm drinking wine and goofing off on the computer instead.

Karen, good luck, safe travels!

Kupcakes, have fun in Atlantic City. I still need New Jersey so am on the lookout for a good race.

Got a bonus so I sent some to DD who will not get paid until the 20th. She was very thankful. She can now fill her car's tank and put food in the fridge. So glad I am not 25 any more -- I have more resources!

4 this morning and that was it. Work and cooking. DS is very happy because there is chicken stew and biscuits. DSBF is happy because there are homemade French fries. I am happy because there is wine!

Hello hello!  I took a few days off after last weekend.  Easy runs yesterday and tomorrow, back on the trails this weekend.  Still working through some bags of Easter candy (50% off!) so I'd better get moving again soon.

Lizzie, hooray for rest days!  I know you'll be fine for your LR on Friday -- you're a pro at doing 20 milers now! (But wind gusts?  Ugh!)

Damaris, I've been enjoying your kitty pics on FB too, including your custom shirts.

Judy, sorry the thumb is bothering you!

DHuff, if your body is telling you to rest, then you'd best listen.  Particularly if there's French toast involved.

Seloc, blergh on the winter storm watch for this weekend.  Hope you can get out there for your LR.  Although, French toast might be nice too. 

CrazySue, very sorry to hear the news about Jake.  Give him lots of love and treats.

Turtles, hope the weather isn't too terrible for your DD's trail race this weekend!  But if she's bundled up right, I bet she'll do great -- she sounds like a trooper.

Karen, be a trooper like Turtles' DD!  Although that headwind is not great, it won't be too cold and a little rain won't be terrible as long as you are dressed for it and keep moving.

Kupcakes, do you have an HM in Atlantic City this weekend?

LC, oh no, you have the winter storm watch too?   Sorry....

Tessa, careful running with a cough, I popped cartilage in my ribs last November trying to run through bronchitis.  But I also seem to have a particularly weak and wimpy ribcage.

I will not talk about the gorgeous spring weather that we are having.  Forget I ever mentioned it.  

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR