Womens Running

KP!! (Mondailies) (Read 24 times)

Kilmisters

Very nice to wake up to such news Smile

Karen, ouch, so were you at that ''good weather'' pace before you crashed? Trying to not rub salt into the wound, but how many minutes behind the 3rd place team did you guys end up?

Laura, that sounds like an amazing birthday! Latvia being heck of a small country often makes me forget how tough it can be to gather whole family together for you guys. K hasn't made me feel more sleep deprived than before;  watching NHL, being unable to to fall asleep after late/tough games and working nights during budget process - that stuff screwed w the sleeping schedule quite substantially as well.

HH-Kathy, oh my, dating sites are always creating exciting stories Big grin One my BILs registered few weeks ago and it's been endless entertainment. As for the font, you can always hold [Ctrl] and scroll the mousewheel. It changes the size of whole site (buttons and other stuff included), which sometimes good, sometimes - not so much.

Meh start of Monday. Had a mistake in one of the weekly reports; one can make endless double-check formulas, but there is always a chance that something will remain unnoticed. Especially on Monday Big grin Got some needed data from Group, so have to finish three calculations that will be discussed w boss tomorrow. So there's a chance of both happy and grumpy Elina tomorrow eve. It's always unpredictable how those meetings go.

Still undecided about the Dec10 race, plus having discussion w DH about potential spring fun run HM. One option is Copenhagen, Denmark (beautiful city), plus flights from Riga are very convenient, but, jeez, 25000 runners??? Not for me. For DH it's quite the opposite (of course). Then there's Prague (great beer!! Big grin), but, again, 10+k runners. Not a fan of those big races; would rather go to a low-key HM in Latvia/Estonia/whatever.

Have a bearable Monday everyone Smile

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

7.1 for me. I did 4x .50mi/.20 rest and then 3x .20mi/.20 rest. Gym tonight! HEY! ITS RACE WEEK! 

Awesome run. I didn't go all out on the intervals but I was in the mid-nine's. Fast enough to have me pay attention haha. Felt good to do some speed. It got me excited for the race this weekend! I felt.."back". I had some tight calves but I also wore old shoes for some reason. Duh Liz. A little warm out there - 53 - supposed to get into the high 70's today. BUT the weather guy said this morning "short sleeves today..winter coats tomorrow". We are in for a big cool down.

HCBF is working in town today. WOOHOOO!

Race day forecast....49/31 Sunny. So now I am considering not wearing shorts. I guess I could wear long sleeves and shorts...or capris and short sleeves. I don't know. That is PERFECT weather in my opinion - but chilly. My body isn't used to the cold yet.

Cathy - Do you remember how cold it was in MKE? HCBF said it was colder than the RVA forecast with the wind. I dont think it was that cold?

Laura – Awe Laura! You had a great birthday! I am happy that your kids were able to celebrate with you! I love that idea of a wine glass. So then you are only having “one glass” right hehe. SCORE on the lottery tickets, too! You and Sandy with the organizing! Haha. MMMm chilli sounds good on a rainy chilly day.

HuronHeart – Nice miles yesterday! LOL on the dating sites. YES they have changed BIG TIME. My co-worker is on them..lots of interesting stories. I would have to say the biggest thing that has changed is uh, dudes sending pictures – of you know what – out of nowhere! I swear she gets more of those pictures a day then I do texts! LOL. Tator tots on the grill?! WHAT! How do you do that? That sounds good.

Run4kupcakes – Nice miles yesterday! I was thinking the same thing regarding the weather. I dressed for Spring yesterday and it defiantly was NOT Spring! Ruger seemed normal today. We are going to keep an eye on it.

Susan – Sorry for your loss. I think my dad would do the same thing – not tell us he is sick. We wouldn’t know until the very end I am sure. How is DF feeling?

Tessa – Congratulations! I can’t wait to read about it! Hope you were able to get some rest last night!

Elina – Ugh, sorry for the meh start. I hope that your boss understands that mistakes happen. We all make them!! 25,000 runners? WOW. One of the reasons I don’t want to run NY is too many people…Hope your day gets easier/better!

We have big wigs coming in this week. Wednesday...so the next two days are just prep. I have to go to a dinner Wednesday with them..but thats okay. These big wigs are awesome. And nice to look at Wink

Happy Monday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 6 miles and weights.  Hershey woke me up at 5:48am which is 45 minutes before the time I needed to wake up. I guess he does not stand DST at all.

Elina, I would like to run Copenhagen at one point.  Maybe one day we can meet there. Smile

Lizzie, woot, race week!!!!  How is Ruger?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Kilmisters

Elina, I would like to run Copenhagen at one point.  Maybe one day we can meet there. Smile

*takes a sticky note and pencil* 

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Ugh Monday.  I worked last night on stuff so I don't really feel like I got to relax much over the weekend.  Three day weekend this week. Woohoo!!!!

DF is feeling good.  He walked the dogs this morning (one at a time now) and is at work.  I am still driving, but he probably could drive now.

Core this morning.  I needed it, and I get to work a little sooner if it is only core day.

Happy Monday everyone!

threedayweekend threedayweekend threeday weekend threedayweekend threedayweekend threedayweekend

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

LC Runs, Happy Birthday for Saturday! Hope you had a fun one.

Friday was a good yoga class and meditation class. These classes help a lot and I think it is because I like the teaching style of the instructor. She will hopefully teach the next two 7 week terms after the first of the year.

The tea party was great! The instructor and another person had made some of the savories, scones, lemon and orange Madeleines and truffles that were so wonderful that they must be illegal to consume. Teas were Earl Grey and Darjeeling.

Saturday was SDO and some shopping. I get more worn out from shopping than running. Stores are so big and the parking lots as well. If I could run the shopping, it wouldn’t tire me out so much. 

Sunday Buddy and I went out on the trail. Leaves were colorful and we could see how bright they were in the woods even though it was cloudy. Beautiful! Well, we got out a ways and all of a sudden while we were at the top of a small hill, lightning flashed and thunder rolled. Then the rain really started and we got wet. One nice thing about the rain jacket, it keeps you totally dry underneath. Our run was 45 minutes. We went our separate ways and the rain had stopped so I went to the park and did another 45 minutes. Leaves were falling and very colorful. I hated to go inside even though my feet and shorts were really wet. It’s interesting how we don’t mind the socks, shoes, etc. being wet while we’re running but hate it once we stop. Maybe it’s the heat we generate in our feet that keeps them comfortable. I saw a small black squirrel with just a little white at the tip of its tail. Black squirrels with white on the end of the tail are scarce, but fun to watch for.

Today I think I’ll go out for a light, easy run in the park. There was a lot of rain yesterday.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Seloc

Tessa – congrats on your race! High humidity is the WORST.  Way to persevere.  What number is this for you?  Did you get the kitties?

Sue – glad to hear DF is doing well.  So sorry for your loss!  Some people are just private, I guess.  Such a shock to others, though.  Yikes.  WAY too young.  Your boss needs a hobby.

HH – brrrrr on the outdoor wedding.  You would think it would be mentioned in the invite so people would come prepared?  Yeah, font on this site is tough.  Ctrl-Shift-+  Nice run with your RB!  I love when the miles fly by cuz you have so much to catch up on.

Laura – awwwww so sweet of  BF to get everyone together for a little surprise.  Sounds like a wonderful day!  Nice lotto win!  Laughing at the wine glass – sounds awesome.  And going through all the old pictures sounds like a LOT of fun.  I did some minimizing and organizing myself this weekend.  But, like my sister constantly reminds me – I have it easy since I don’t have kids.

Elina – LOL on recognizing St. Paul as the home of the Wild.  My nephew is in high school and the game on Friday is to see who wins the state championship in that division.  Teams are separated by school size usually.

Karen – ooof that race sounds TOUGH.  WAY too hot and humid!  Still 4th place is awesome!  Safe travels today and have a great time with your parents!

Lizzie – I forgot to answer an earlier question about long sleeves – I wear tech shirts – almost all are old race shirts.  No sweat “pooling” at the elbows, per se, though I do sweat there as I sweat everywhere haha  Your day yesterday sounded awesome!  I love big late lunch.  Have a beer with that and guaranteed afternoon snooze haha.  Laughing at your Dots purchase hee hee

Elina2 – I’ve actually been to Copenhagen a few times a number of years ago (work project) and LOVED it!  Would be fun to run there for sure.  But, agreed.  You really have to be in the mood for such a large race.  Definitely pros and cons, IMO

Lizzie2 – awesome run – glad you are feeling so good for race week!  And GREAT news on the cool down just in time for the marathon!  PUMPED for you!!  If you are looking for opinions (okay, you didn’t ask but I’m still offering haha) I would wear shorts, short sleeves, arm warmers and gloves.  But, I run hot and sweaty.

Damaris – LOL sorry for the early wake up.  Those kit kats definitely do NOT get the DST memo!

Well my mojo has definitely left the premises.  Was up PLENTY early.  Even thought of Lizzie out there trying to motivate myself.  But, it was 23*!  Yep, that was my lame-o wimpy excuse.  It should be 10* warmer after work so I’ve been telling myself ALL day I’m going to get out there, then.  I need to mix things up for sure.  Blerg.

dhuffman63

Trails

Elina I am still so amazed at your energy. When I had DD I had a c-section and was wiped out most days. Plus she had colic and cried most of the night some nights.

Lizzie that sounds like a perfect forecast for you. I know I’d be in tights and LS and a light jacket I could take off or just leave on.  Course I’m not moving at your speed to building up the heat you will be.

Damaris, all of my animals did not appreciate DST change. They wanted to eat at the “normal” time.

Sue, we have Friday off too…yay for federal holidays. I have a massage that day and then Sat. the farrier is coming out and we’ll look at Cali’s feet to see how much her hooves have healed.  I’m hoping so since then I can turn them back out into the pasture and not have to give them hay 2x’s a day.

Judy you always have such interesting runs with all the wildlife you see. I think you might be right but I don’t mind my feet wet as much as I don’t like my upper body rained on.  Plus I hate it when I get all wet and have to sit in AC rooms like when we were in SF in Feb.

Most days last week my HR was in the mid to high 80’s which is unusual for me…normally since I started exercising it’s been in the 60’s with an occasional 70. So I just pretty much rested all week.  This morning it was finally back to 64.

For those of you following along the DH saga has had an improvement. Friday night we talked a lot and he mentioned that he would see a counselor if I wanted him to.  I was shocked and impressed as I’ve gotten the impression that he didn’t really care.  Then he mentioned the Men are From Mars book and that it was helpful to him.  I read it years ago and didn’t remember it, so I picked it up from the library on Sat and spent the weekend reading it.  I can certainly see where I’ve contributed to our issues and it does offer some good points to try.  I also spoke to a therapist but she has no availability and damn they are expensive and not covered by insurance.  I’ll keep looking.  I feel much more hopeful now.  And I truly appreciate you all listening to me.  Thank you so much.

Arimathea

Tessa

Diane, that is hopeful!

Therapists may not be covered by insurance but sometimes they are, call your insurance company. They're supposed to have parity for mental and physical health. Also another avenue would be an employee assistance plan -- often they give you a certain number of counseling sessions, and family members are eligible too.

Hope Cali's hooves are better.

Liz, Ruger probably picked up a cold at daycare, he'll get over it. They are just like little kids, when they are exposed to bugs they get one cold after another until they have built up some immunity. Daycare centers and kindergartens know about this too. And it's difficult to get the idea of handwashing through a dog's head.

Susan, sorry for the loss of your friend. I can't imagine not telling the family about that diagnosis. Glad BF is improving quickly. Will he be able to keep going out for weeks at a time after heart surgery?

Elina, glad you woke up to good news. And I am with you on the small races. I don't like the big ones as much.

Laura, good birthday? It sounds it. If the glass will hold a bottle, why bother with the glass? Get a straw.

Sandy, this was marathon #82, plus 30 ultras. I have to laugh when kids are yelling "You can do it!" Of course I can.

Damaris, pets do not understand DST changes. Mine were all lined up in the kitchen at 4:30 pm yesterday demanding their dinner.

Judy, the run sounds very nice, albeit soggy. And after that tea it was probably a good thing to have a run!

We have 4 new kittens, tiny babies, they said 5 weeks but there's no way these are over 4 weeks. One can't even eat by herself yet, though her brothers and sister have figured out eating and lapping just fine. So we are syringe feeding and she's going back to the clinic today for IV fluids and to be checked, we need a bigger syringe so that we can get diluted kitten food down her. She's lost weight and she had none to spare. Two black girl kittens, Petunia and Poinsettia, and two ginger boys, Pinecone and Ponderosa. They are scraping the bottom of the barrel for names...Ponderosa is a little scraggly kitten and looks more like a Charlie Brown tree than a Ponderosa pine!

Did not run today, my left ankle hurts though it gets less sore with movement. I may try a gentle run at lunch. Oh, and my sucky time still got me second in my AG...apparently there were very few women in the 50-54 group this year, there were much faster women in the 55-59 bracket.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

A painful 1/2 hour foot massage/scraping for me this morning.     Older DD is getting braces tonight.  And younger DD's bday is tomorrow, she will begin her foray into double digits.  

Elina, I also prefer the smaller races.  Though for some reason, watching the NYC marathon and all those people looked appealing to me.    I ran Chicago, and that was huge.  I think I will be OK to run the 5K in a couple weeks, I will just be running with DD for fun.  I'll see how that race goes.  If I feel that the running isn't helping, I can get a "sub" for the next month's race.  

Lizzie, yay for race week!    I think it was in the 40's for your race in Milwaukee.  But the wind probably made it a "feels like" in the 30's.  I don't know, it seemed cold to me.    Ha, have fun with the bigwigs!  Hanson's also has speedwork, what they call strength workouts.  And they have a longer "tempo" which is really a goal pace workout.  The idea is that you are running tired all the time, so you get used to feeling that way at the end of the race!  A lot of people get sucked in by the "max 16 mile long run" but the overall mileage is pretty high.  It starts low but ramps up quickly!  I could not do the 6 days of running.  And I don't really mind the long runs.  

Sandy, haha, you just need to get out there.    It ain't going to get warmer.     I saw the NYC marathon "replay" later in the day.  Shalane was awesome!  So inspiring.  Makes me want to go out and run a marathon.  

Diane, that is promising news about DH!  It sounds like he does have some feelings.     I hope you find a therapist that works out for you.

Karen, 4th is still great!  Sounds like tough conditions.  And only having one guy pass you!  Probably not the best decision to go out at that pace, but I don't blame you.  

Laura, sounds like you had a good birthday!

HH-Kathy, outdoor wedding in Michigan in November?  Wow.  I bet the online dating stories are interesting!  

Tessa, congrats on another marathon and AG win!  4 new kitties?  Aww, they must be tiny!

Hi to everyone else!

Cathy

Seloc

Diane - sounds promising about DH!  How did your potato soup turn out?

Tessa - OMG EIGHTY TWO?!  Plus 30 Ultras?!  Holy cats - I knew you had a lot but had no idea it was that many!  Do you track somewhere?  I only ask because I'm at 12 and always seem to have to count haha  And, I have ZERO idea how many halfs or 10milers I've done.  Would be pretty difficult to go back and figure out, too.  CONGRATS on 2nd in AG, too!  Woohoo!  Awwww - hooray for more kit kats!  I love the names.

Cathy - yep, just gotta buck up and get thee outside.  Sigh.  Happy early bday to DD!  And good luck to older DD on the braces.  Ouch.  Soft food planned for dinner tomorrow?  I am SO incredibly happy for Shalane!  I wish I could have watched her on the morning shows today.  She has worked so hard and I love seeing someone like that succeed.

Lizzie - I have Hanson's book I can send to you if you want to peruse!

Man oh man people are NEEDY today and really starting to bug.  Yep, shoulda run.  Sigh.

dhuffman63

Trails

Kat/Tessa I have a kitten question...Jasmine is we don't know how old.  Last week took her to the vet and she got her kitten shots, vet said she looked healthy.  She's been with us maybe 2 weeks now and still has very loose stools, she's going back tomorrow.  She eats and drinks but sleeps a lot.  Her eyes are clear, her coat is nice so I'm at a loss.

Thanks on the kind words.  I'm looking at a more local therapist who does take insurance, waiting for an answer to my email. If nothing else I need to go and talk to someone in confidence as to the cause of all this unhappiness I have.

Cathy, what is foot scraping...that does not sound pleasant at all.

Tessa, 82 and 30?  Holy cats as Sandy would say.

I've been going over what events I want to do next year.  If I have to travel it needs to be at least a HM but 50ks are what I'm looking at mostly.  I like the ones with longer cut offs and ones I haven't done as I want adventure more than just repeating.  Trail races is all I'm looking at.  The only ones I might repeat are Post Oak but the triple this year; Hawk (redemption); PH (redemption); maybe the FM at the Mowdy Ranch; then the Prairie Spirit 50k in March and the 50 miles in Oct.

ginnyb

Sandy....I am with you on the lost mojo!  I have run 2 times in the past 2 weeks and have no desire.  Although, like others who watched the results of NYC yesterday, it did motivate me a tad, but apparently not enough to get out and run this morning.

Lizzie...Yay for HCBF working locally today.  Weather sounds good for your marathon this weekend...you will kill it, I'm sure.  Is Ruger feeling better?

Congratulations Tessa, and wow , 4 more kittens, huh?  Hope the teeny one does alright.

Diane...glad things are a little brighter on the DH situation.

HH...November wedding in Michigan is a little iffy.  At least it didn't snow, but then that may have been pretty.  I don't mind the snow, just hate being cold.

Karen...congrats to you also.  Uh-oh, I see a triathalon in your future.  Well you have the pool it hone your swimming skills!

Worked shoulders and arms, core with trainer this morning.

DH and I went and tagged our Christmas tree yesterday.  First time we have done that in a long time, usually just go to tree lot and try to find the biggest tree.  The tagging was fun and much cheaper, when it is time they cut it for you, bale it and put it on your car.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Docket – Awe, you had an early wake up call! Ruger was the opposite and slept in!

Susan – Woohoo for three day weekend this weekend! Good news on DF! Glad he is getting back to the routine.

Judy – So I have to know what kind of jacket this is that keeps you dry in the rain! I have never come across a running one that does that! The leaves are gorgeous right now!

Sandy – No No – opinions are welcome! I don’t have arm warmers…I guess I could get some. Gloves im worried about carrying them after a while..though I guess if it is going to stay cold then I will wear them most of the race. OR HCBF could meet me at some point on the course. HMMMM. Okay. I may take your suggestion on the shorts short sleeve. I know I will be comfortable later on in the race. I might go to Goodwill and see if I can find some throw away clothes. 23?! GOOD LORD. I don’t know if my mojo would have been there either. It is not a lame excuse – it was cold and everyone is messed up from the time change, right? Haha. Good luck getting out there after work! It will be dark so it will be like running in the morning Wink OH I bought some ON long sleeve tech shirts..we will see. Awe, thanks for offering to send the book! I like my two rest days hahaha. I am planning on increasing mileage to the 60’s this next go around. We will see how it works out. Slow build up. AHHH sorry about work! You will have a great run after work Smile And if not tonight – then tomorrow!

Diane – You have Friday off too? Ugh. Jealous over here!!! You would think since my client is a bank we would be off. Oh well. Oh Diane, that is great news about you and DH. I think that says A LOT that he would see a counselor. GREAT news! Try and call your insurance! When I saw one a while back I had to call to get approval for coverage – after that I only had to pay half the cost. This makes me happy for you!! OH YEAH..Sandy reminded me, how was the potato soup?! I have been craving that and pancakes.

Tessa – I am dying laughing over here over the hand washing comment. LOL. I am picturing it. HAHA. Congrats on the 2nd in AG! Did you trip or something to cause the ankle to hurt?! Awwww..kittens!

Cathy – Yikes, I hope the massage didn’t hurt too bad. Good luck to older DD! Getting them on is not fun. Awe, are you doing anything special for younger DD’s birthday? In all honesty, I don’t mind the long runs either. I call them my good for the soul runs Smile And 6 days a week would be pushing it for me too. I don’t know if my aches and pains would allow it ha.

Ginny – Ruger is feeling better, thanks! I saw you had commented on something about the Christmas tree tagging and it showed up on my FB feed – what a cool idea! My brother goes to a “tree farm” and cuts his down. I think that is such a cute idea. Sorry your running mojo hasn’t returned – it will come back!

Blah off to finish a few things before I head out of here. Hard to believe its going to be DARK when I leave the gym!! Have a great evening!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Half Crazy K 2.0

Lizzie, if you have never worn arm warmers, do not try then for the first time in a marathon. If the fit is at all funky, they can chafe. Badly. Like you will not want to move your arms.