Womens Running

Blah Monday (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

9.1 speed work miles for me. I did 12x .20mi/w .20rest. Abs tonight.

Awesome run. Seriously. Legs felt strong and like I hadn't run in days. I could have easily gone another 9 (which is what my long run is this week Smile ). We are actually warmer than normal these next few days - it was 40 out. Going to be in the 60's today and tomorrow then back to cold this weekend. No weird car..of course not, not when HCBF is home. Geez.

Yesterday was low key but I was baking ALL. DAY. By the time dinner came around I was done. HCBF's parents came over for a while but that was all the excitement we had. OH my CAR would not start yesterday! Turns out it was the battery...but WTF. Why do these problems always happen when I have no extra cash?!

I actually have a lot of stuff to do today. I may spread it out over the week though..going to be dead this week! I don't know how I will survive! Smile

Sandy – Nice job forcing yourself out there this weekend Smile Don’t worry, soon you will be laying on a beach relaxing with a margarita!! Haha. Nice 8.5 yesterday! Very smart about the facemask! If I get one for Christmas, I bet I only use it once or twice a year. It just doesn’t get that cold here! Yes, we had to get out and walk thru the lights. It was actually really fun to see everything. Romantic with HCBF Smile That would be a perfect place to pop the question…actually they do weddings there! You were baking too yesterday! Hope you had a relaxing day Smile Though, soon you will be relaxing for 7. Super jealous.

Kilmisters – TOTALLY agree on the concrete and the trax. I feel like you have to wear them when there is a lot of snow out. Sorry to hear about the game Sad At least you have a nice long break before the madness in January! Do you get time off for Christmas or is that just an American thing?

Docket – TREADMILL WARRIER. Nice job. You have an interesting job…I bet every day is different!

Diane – Hi Diane! Glad the back is feeling better!

HuronHeart – It is defiantly crazy busy this time of year! I have heard about the green egg on my Podcast! They seem to be very popular. Did you check for accessories on Amazon? Uhm, that is creepy about the red pickup. I think I would have called the cops right then. Whenever I am running and a car seems off to me, I get the pepper spray ready. Kinda like, try me. LOL. I usually find beer cans on my runs too – or old blunt wrappers.

Tessa – Holy crap!! That is a lot of cash to find on the run! I won’t knock you for putting money in your bra. Those sports bras are good for everything – snacks, toilet paper, bags…LOL. I had some really good pictures at the Richmond Marathon but most of them were ruined by my pointy bra. That was from my snack bag. Wow – running and delivering cookies. How did you carry them? Was there enough room in your bra?! Wink

Laura - We watched the TWD finale last night. Okay, I am over the back and fourth with the fighting. They need a new story line now. But the ending..that was a shocker! I wonder what will happen!

Happy Monday!

Seloc

NOOOOOOOOOO is right!  This may very well be the longest week of my life LOL.  Already cannot WAIT for the weekend.  SRD for me but *might* get out later only because it's so dang nice out.  Already 26* and supposed to get to mid-30s.  Nothing socially going on this week at all.  Tried to drum up something but EVERYone is busy.  Ho hum.

Lizzie - awesome run!  Yeah, I sound like a broken record but you just keep killing it!  Your cookies looked delish.  My "baking" (making toffee) takes all of one hour to make 2 batches so hardly counts.  Cookies seemingly take forever!  haha  Awww sounds like an awesome date walking through the lights with HCBF.  I feel like you'll be sharing some exciting news real soon!  Does HCBF get next week off work as well?  Oh!  Did you see that Prince Harry and Megan are getting married the same day as Fargo marathon?  Not like that has an relevance to anything - I just thought it was funny.

Tessa - OMG, no water on your long run?  Ooof, I could NOT do that.  I like the bra bank idea!  Oooh, $67+?  That's quite a few bottles of wine!

HH - sounds like a super fun busy week you had!  Good luck finishing up with the presents.

Diane - high five for the walk!  Glad the back is feeling better.

Damaris - 15mi on the dreadmill?!!  Oh.  My.  Gosh.  I could never.  Way to get it done!!  That does sound nice to mix up the days with court/office.  Keep things interesting, I'll bet.

Elina - sorry about the game.  What?  You are not a Wild fan??  LOL  Kidding.  I really don't follow that closely.

Oh, Target doesn't want to hire me part-time.  Probably because I said I wasn't avail until Jan 2nd.  Oh well.  And the tutoring place won't email me back.  Now to try to find something else to do with my time or it's going to be a lonnnnnnnnnnnnng winter.  Happy Monday

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Friday I went to the gym and did 40 minutes on the track. I’ve been there several times and I’ve done some speed work.

Saturday was SDO.

Sunday DC and I went to the gym. I got in 45 minutes and started working on sprints again. Lord! I slowed down a lot outside.   

Today I think I will either go outside or to the gym later. I’m going to try and go outside today and tomorrow. I’ve really missed it.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 5 miles and weights and I second Lizzie's feelings about Mondays.  Noooooooooo.

Lizzie, nice job on the speedwork.

Sandy, grrr.  Hoping you hear from either.

Judy, enjoy the outdoors if you can.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

dhuffman63

Trails

HH/Kathy, My brother has a Green Egg, has had it for years and loves it.  I do all the grilling at home and thought about one but they are pricey and for what I do grill it would be over kill.  Hope you find something.  Cash goes well with the egg...lol.

Hi Lizzie, nice speed work.  I'm going to actually try a bit of running along with my walking (my version of speedwork).  The Botanical Gardens in Tulsa do a light show too.  They do other event type things throughout the year.  DD took DGD to it for Halloween and the pics are adorable.

Laura I don't watch TWD but I find after about 4 years the series has run through all the possible story lines and just needs to end.  BBT and The Blacklist are two we do watch and I've lost interest in BBT.  Major Crimes is ending this season and it's time.

Hi Judy.

Hi Sandy.  We got all of our "out in public" time done Friday and Saturday.  Sunday we put together a wardrobe.  We didn't have closest built in as they would take up a lot of space so we have wardrobes instead.  I'll bet Elina is familiar with the concept.  When I lived in Germany I didn't have closest in my apartment, just a wardrobe.

Weird, I had to go pick up my car as it was finally ready so got here late, no boss, no co-worker, no text saying they were going to be out.  So just me today it appears.  Nice quiet one so I can prepare for the big project I have coming up the 2nd of January.

Hi to everyone.

LC Runs

Blah is right!  I so did not want to come to work today, though it has been better than I thought.

3 on the TM - blah!

Lizzie - great job on the 9.1 awesome miles!!  I saw some of your baking creations yesterday, looks delicious!!  I have a lengthy to-do list this week, as well...but no energy to do it.  Oh well, I will suck it up!!  I have read that TWD will kill off the character.  I was surprised, too!!

Sandy - I feel the same way about this week and about this winter.  Ugh, I am trying not to be such a crab apple but it is hard.  I am just trying to get through until Thursday, then the weekend/Xmas.  I hope to be able to relax my mind over my christmas break because January is going to suck!!

Judy - I will cross fingers that you are able to get outside!!

Hi Damaris - wow on your TM run yesterday!!

Diane - enjoy the quiet!!  I agree about TWD, I think it has jumped the shark for sure!

Ugh, okay, back to the grind.....

dhuffman63

Trails

Laura, is that a local phrase?  I've never heard "jumped the shark" before...it's almost as funny as Boy Howdy.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Ugh, gonna be a quiet day.  Cold and rainy again.  Still trying to cough up a lung.

Lizzie, nice run!  Sorry about the battery.  Your right, that stuff always happens when you're short on cash.

Sandy, did I miss something??  Why were you applying to Target?  Just for extra cash/excitement?  Mexico, eh.  Jealous.

Judy, hope you get outside.

Damaris, have a good run later.

Diane, Green Egg???  Is that a grill?  And "Jumping the Shark" is from Happy Days.  At least that is where I know it from.  The show was on its last legs and they had Fonzi water ski over a shark.  Anyone know differently?

Laura, glad your blah Monday isn't as bad as you thought.

Guess I should get moving, maybe hit the grocery store.  Still low energy, but improved.

Have a tolerable day all...  Only a week left till all this craziness is done.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Arimathea

Tessa

Yeah, it's Monday, but at least it's a fairly short week. But intense.

Liz, the botanical gardens sound fun. No, I did not stash batches of cookies in my running bra. They were in a plastic bag that I was carrying in one hand.

Sandy, hope you can find something. Target is likely to be laying off people after the holidays, not hiring, I would guess.

Mmm, toffee.

Diane, you're right, closets can take up a lot of space and aren't as flexible as wardrobes. DSBF has a wardrobe in his room since we didn't want to build in a closet when we made that room.

With you on the green egg, they are pricey. I will likely use our old Weber kettle until it finally dies.

Judy, hope you do get to run outside.

Laura, at least you have got your run in. And you are off starting Thursday afternoon!

Kat, I think that is where the reference is from. When a show has "jumped the shark" it has run out of plausible or exciting story lines and is trying desperately to get people to keep watching.

No opinion on TWD. I don't watch TV.

I was hoping to send Lisa the money for Pineland but not happening for a little while. My checking account is looking very anemic. Both DSBF and DD should be paying rent this week, though, I hope.

3.2 with RN this morning. Maybe the gym at lunch but at least there has been a run already.

dhuffman63

Trails

HCK if cleaning out horse stalls can be cross training then shoveling snow certainly is.

OMG we have some drama going on here in rural OK.  One of the attorneys I worked for when we first moved up here (real asshat, worse than mammal) shot one of the HS softball coaches Friday night and was arrested for attempted murder.  News is out of Tulsa so not much there other than the shooting.

Tessa my bank account is barely above water.  I have one more chunk to pay it off, then I want to sign up for the Flint Hills trail marathon in April.  If I can do it, the Heartland 50k in May and then the Mowdy Ranch trail marathon in June then I can be a marathon maniac.  September I want to do the Do Wacka Do in OK, then Oct revisit the Pumpkin Holler and finish with the 50 miler at Brazos Bend.  It's looking more likely with my back feeling better.  I'm looking forward to training and getting out on the road again.

Hi Damaris.  Have fun today in court...lol.

Kat, yes it's a very nice grill/smoker.  My brother has made pizza and smoked turkey and brisket on his.  He's a bit of a cook tho.  I'm happy with my Weber charcoal grill.  I can cook a mean steak on it, or chicken or hamburgers, or brats.  Pretty much your basic grill.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

It is a blah day today but it is almost 40 degrees outside!  Balmy.    I saw a lady walking laps around the parking lot in shorts.  5 on the TM for me this morning and 5.5 outside on Saturday.  Did lower body strength yesterday.  And the ab challenge of course.  The company party Friday night was OK, though not much going on after dinner, they gave everyone a $10 voucher to gamble.  We left at about 10:30 since we had to go pick up the kids from the in-laws house.  But that was a really late night for me!    Oh, and the lighting in the dining room was really weird, the food was odd colors.  The salad looked brown!  After investigating with cell phone lights, we found it was actually green.  

Lizzie, nice miles lately!  Nice cookies too.    You are talented.  I asked DH about TWD but he hasn't watched it all all this season.  He used to be a huge fan.  The Botanical Gardens sounds nice.  I don't like anything over my face when I run.  My nose runs too much also.    I usually just use a Buff and put it over my face to warm it up once in awhile.  Unless it's really windy the cold doesn't bother me.  I moisturize well afterwards!

Sandy, sorry that the extracurriculars are not panning out!  This warmish weather is pretty nice.  You made yourself a balaclava?  Nice!  I haven't found anything I like to wear on my face while running.  I guess I could make something.     Nice miles this weekend too.

Diane, jump the shark and Fonzie!  Happy Days is big in Milwaukee.  We have a Fonzie statue downtown.    Glad the back is better!

Laura, that is a long way to go for a basketball game!

Karen, so Riley would have nothing to do with Santa?  Smart dog.  

Tessa, nice long run!  You get a lot done on a run.    I wish I could find money on a run.

Damaris, nice TM long run!

Waves to everyone else, it's lunch time!  

Cathy

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Boring day! Off to the gym soon....

Sandy – Good luck getting out there later. I am so excited for your trip!!  Hope you post pictures on FB or somewhere!  Smile I asked HCBF to take off next week – he has use it or lose it vacation with 6 days left! He is fighting me on it and I don’t know why. He has a project going on but he is delegating that to someone else so I am not sure what his deal is. Oh well. I did NOT see that about the new “royal wedding”. So, I don’t take water on my long runs either. Well, not in the winter. I only take water when I am running in the Summer. I don’t get thirsty! Do you take water on every run? I asked for one of those handheld water bottle things for Christmas..maybe if I got that I would take it more. Carrying a backpack around is annoying. LOL. I am so surprised about Target!! Could you try to reapply after the new year??? I would wait until the new year to apply regardless. A lot of the college people will leave and they will need people!

Docket – Good luck on the run and weights tonight!!

Judy – Hopefully you can get an outside run in today!!

Diane – Apparently our botanical gardens do events, too. I never knew but HCBF’s parents are members. I bet Halloween display would be awesome! The office to yourself?? I dream of that day. But that day would be full of naps. You know what show was the best that I was sad to see go? THE OFFICE. Man, stupid humor. Right up my ally. Oh WOW..now THAT is some drama. Holy crap. I think VA is the same…you have the right to defend yourself if someone breaks in. After working with 42 guys…cheating is a lot more prevalent than I ever thought.

Laura – Nice treadmill miles! Really? TWD kills off that character?! Interesting. They need to change it up. Maybe have the Zombies do something different..like the virus changes somehow. Crab apple…LOL. I have never heard of that before! You need A LOT of relaxing time!

Kathryn – Ugh, I hope you start feeling better! Are you taking anything? I love the craziness of the holidays  Smile When I am at home anyway enjoying it. Yes, I am the one that listens to Christmas music all of December. LOL.

Tessa – Hope you were able to get a lunchtime run in. My checking account is looking rough, too!

Cathy – Nice miles!!!! I love how you are increasing! FINALLY Smile Did the party at least have free drinks? Haha.. I always moisturize at least twice a day..my skin is naturally dry. White and dry. PALE. I do notice my skin is more dry with running outside these days. Tell DH he isn’t missing much with TWD...

Have a great afternoon/evening everyone!

dhuffman63

Trails

Lizzie, until this job I've always worked with guys.  Never really noticed it except for when their marriage breaks up and then it's like "whine, whine, after the baby we never had sex"  excuse, excuse.  I'm kind of getting tired of all the guys and their crappy behavior.

The empty office is nice...been doing squats and lunges and no one around to voice an opinion.

LC Runs

Diane - yep, like Tessa and Kat said, "Jump the Shark" comes from the Happy Days episode when The Fonz literally was waterskiing and jumped a shark and was the start of the show going downhill.  Wow on the attorney trying to kill the HS coach - was there a woman involved?  Like one was having an affair with the other's wife?

Kat - ugh, coughs are the worst, they seem to last forever.  Hope the grocery store isn't too bad.  I managed to mail my Dad's gift today from the  post office, I am feeling so proud of myself ha ha.  Still need to get some gift cards and more wrapping stuff and figure out what I'm bringing to BF's family party on Sunday and what I'm making for my Xmas day.  

Tessa - nice 3.2.  My bank account is pretty bare at the moment, as well, blah.  That is my favorite word today...fitting it is the title of the thread!

Cathy - way to go on the TM 5 whoo hoo!!  Your party sounds kind of fun, I'm good so long as I'm home by 11 lol!

Lizzie - HCBF needs to take next week off, tell him your RW friends said so!!  I just discovered the Office and Parks/Rec on Netflix, omg they are both such funny shows.  We have some characters here but its' not as fun in real life!!

DS basketball game tonight except that it's here in town.  One more game on Thursday then that is over!!