Womens Running

Good new/bad news Wednesdailies (Read 16 times)

ccoakley

Bad news: those elections just happened

Good news: snagged an appt Sat for DD's 1st shot so at least she'll be fully vaccinated before all the school protections all stripped away

Up early for a pre sunrise run and it's dark and cold out there.  Hello winter.  Hopefully 6 but we'll see, I was up late following returns and definitely dragging.

5k 24:53 (2020) |10k 52:24 (2021) |HM 1:57:14 (2019) |FM 4:24 (2007) |50k 5:57 (2022)

Good Morning!!!

Had a great run so I added another circle. Yay cooler temps!! 52F--I'll take it!

Yay Karen!! I know y'all must be so ready to move in.  Soon!!!!

Better get to work. Have a great day!

Kilmisters

I admire you, morning runners. My body/brain doesn't even start to fully operate until about 10-11am.

Nothing new here. 70min easy run yesterday with a very fun Latvian sports podcast as entertainment. Its host is former legendary basketball player and it's half-serious/half messing around, and always has very prominent Latvian athletes as guests. Only 1hr per week, but full of quality content.

Work stuff is still... fun. It's like that wack-a-mole thing; you solve one issue and completely new one is already looming; tons of loose ends everywhere. My ''oh, f*** this s***'' or /long sigh/ moments are increasing exponentially by days. The standard (avoid disasters on epic proportions + submit everything in time = success) has never been so low.

Three. More. Days.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

CC, yay on the Vx for DD.  I can schedule for when I am back tomorrow.  They aren't scheduling that far out yet.  Hope you got your sunrise run in.

Sue, great on adding another loop in!

Elina, enjoy your time away!

Not much here.  Some work frustrations again.  Not feeling the love...

Tomorrow and Friday I need to get ready for my trip because I am busy the remainder of the time before I leave.

Toodles and TaTa.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Half Crazy K 2.0

Gonna be another rest day. While I feel confident I don't have covid, this is clearly not allergies.

ccoakley, would the school requirements ultimately be up to the school systems or even a state board of education? At least you can get DD vaccinated.

CrazySue, nice run!

Kilmsiters, sounds like you are ready for a vacation.

Kilmisters

HCK, ooof, 10+ RHR rise is indeed no coincidence. Hopefully it's just cold!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

Half Crazy K 2.0

HCK, ooof, 10+ RHR rise is indeed no coincidence. Hopefully it's just cold!

And 15 bpm from last last Thursday to today. It's definitely not covid. 1 pcr & 2 at home tests were all negative. If I really wanted to, I could run, but am going to be smart.

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I have 4 and PT.

Love reading the trolls and anti-vaxxers whining on the Boston Marathon page and is making my morning so entertaining.

CC, ugh, I haven't seen the final results but ugh. Yay for the vaccine appointment!

Susan, nice temps!

Elina, hoping the whack-a-mole goes down a bit.

Kat, yay for trip prep!

HCK, ugh, feel better!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Kilmisters

Love reading the trolls and anti-vaxxers whining on the Boston Marathon page and is making my morning so entertaining.

Oh, absolutely. Thread re: this on Reddit was locked VERY fast.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Oh, absolutely. Thread re: this on Reddit was locked VERY fast.

I had to go over to Let's Run to see what they were saying.

I really wonder if it will have an impact. Is the number of anti-vaxxers/freedumb fighters higher than those qho silently want mandates? I'd be more likely to sign up for races if they actually acknowledged the existance of covid.

Anonymous Guest

Rest day here. We had to move locations (now staying at a Corp of engineers park, so goodbye laundry facilities and clean bathrooms), plus it’s raining all day, so the rest day came at a good time.

I don’t really care what the anti Vax are saying about Boston. I’m guessing the loudest complainers wouldn’t get in anyway. This is a private company deciding what’s best for them, so you can be against government mandates and still think what the marathon is doing is okay. This year with the Vax or test option, something like 93% were vaccinated anyway. Not going to waste my time watching online temper tantrums.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

I need a rant.

DH fussed at me for leaving my computer on -- I was eating up bandwidth, wasting electricity, money, etc. I was quite ticked. I left it on at the office, so I could hit the ground running and not try to figure out where I left off. I don't really care. I always leave it on.

The next day he confessed that he left the drip irrigation on all night.

NOW he has hit a curb and ruined the tire of MY NEW CAR. He was watching the boat launch instead of paying attention while he was driving. He said I can get a new tire when I go for the service appt on Friday. I have to drive 40 miles on a spare.  I told him he'd better call the dealership and set that up. Grrrrrrrr

Drive your stupid POS truck next time!!!!!

Rant over. Until he gets home. OMG

Half Crazy K 2.0

CrazySue, OMG, how frustrating. He should be getting the new tire & making all those arrangements! You break it, you fix it.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Quick update... it's race week!    Sunday night my water heater started leaking... XDH got me a new water heater and switched it out late Monday night.  I checked on it before going to bed and there was a fountain of water coming out from behind the water softener... I bypassed the water softener but come Tuesday morning there was no hot water.  XDH was able to fix everything up Tuesday night.  I can't really complain because he's just charging me for the water heater.  Would be at least twice as much to call a plumber for emergency service.   In the meantime I went over to TF's place to shower.  Then TF had issues with his car, they ended up keeping it overnight so I was driving him around the past few days.  Younger DD had a meeting to kick off club volleyball that went until 8:00 pm last night.  It's been a busy few days!!  Hopefully all is well now and I can concentrate on the taper and get some sleep.    Oh, and it's COLD now, it was in the teens this morning.  I think Indy will be a bit warmer.  You can have this weather, LIZ!  

Docket_Rocket

I had to go over to Let's Run to see what they were saying.

I really wonder if it will have an impact. Is the number of anti-vaxxers/freedumb fighters higher than those qho silently want mandates? I'd be more likely to sign up for races if they actually acknowledged the existance of covid.

From what I read 93% of the Boston field this year was vaccinated so I doubt the number is high. They are just loud AF and the rest are trolls that don't run but need to put their 0.02 of stupidity.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page