Womens Running

Wondering Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 16 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Wondering how much icier it got last night.

At least it's not November! 

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Even though the parking lots around here were very icy yesterday, I was able to go to the track and get in a good 40 minute run. When I got home I did another 25 minutes with my faster cardio DVD programs.

Today I plan a long cardio session and then an out to dinner session at a Mexican place. They have wonderful Tortilla Soup.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

Well I was pretty bummed that I didn't get into the NYC marathon, but DH's nephew is on it and trying to get me into a charity that is already established and if that doesn't work he will continue to help, apparently his sister is in NYRR big time and knows how everything works, so we shall see.  I may be crazy to even think about running another marathon, and having to worry about raising money for a charity but I really want to do NY.  So happy for Lisa!!  Yay!

Judy...we didn't get the ice here in Sandusky yesterday, mainly rain and a little snow, but the roads are a mess with all the snow we still have piled up.

SRD for me today.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

Good morning! I did end up getting a short trainer ride in last night and felt better for it. Tonight after work we have to drag a bunch of heavy stuff out to the front curb as I scheduled another bulky trash pickup, and tomorrow is the date they gave me. Mostly the stuff in the backyard (patio furniture, grill, etc.) so we will be trudging through the rain and mud. Snow is supposed to start overnight and continue all day tomorrow, so I will probably be working from home then.

And while I did want to see my Pilates instructor one more time (we've become friends), it's probably for the best that I'm not going Saturday. They come to pack our house next Monday and Tuesday, then load on the truck Wednesday and Thursday, so this weekend is going to be jam packed getting ready for that. Trying to figure out what we need to keep out, throwing more stuff away, etc. And I still need a haircut.

Judy, hope it's not too icy out there. Not only is it March, but daylight savings time starts this weekend! If that doesn't say winter is headed out, I don't know what does. It looks like we have a bunch of sunshine and 50 degree days forecast next week.

Ginny, I think I posted yesterday that I don't think you'd have a problem raising money for charity. With social media I think it's a lot easier. I have a couple friends that are always running for a charity and so I start to tune them out, but since you haven't been asking for money in the past, I bet a lot of people would be able to give a few bucks. And selfishly, I want you to run it!

Maybe a few easy TM miles after dragging the heavy stuff to the curb, maybe just relaxing and making dinner. When I give up on a goal marathon, I go all out!

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  My 6 miles were blah.  My chest is congested due to this humid weather, bah.  Taking my RD today so as not to have a horrid MP run tomorrow.

Judy, nice track workout.  Hope the ice melts soon.

Ginny, I am bummed too and I have run it before. Hope you get to run it.

Karen, enjoy whatever you decide on doing.  Sounds like a busy day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good Morning!  Long swim this morning.  One hour ride this afternoon.  Yesterday's ride was nice, but windy.  At one point you get hit in the cross wind and it nearly blows you over.  I was so tired I almost fell asleep at the table during my quilting group meeting.  Supposed to go to knitting tonight, but I think I'll take the night off since I was so wiped out yesterday.

Got my training plan for the next 12 weeks till IMTX.  It is EIGHT pages long!!!!

Yay Lisa!!!  At least someone got into NYC.  Smile

Judy--I love tortilla soup.  Hope it was good.

Tessa--Hugs for you.  Has it been a year already???

Be sure to watch American Idol tonight. DD will be in audience. Letting her miss part of school today. Last night she asked me "who is the queen? Aretha something".  Yes. The lucky girl will get to see Aretha Franklin perform. I'll be watching from hotel in NYC.

Lisa

ginnyb

Well Brian can sign me up for a charity, but I have to commit to $3700, sounds daunting to me.  I don't know what to do...Like I said, I want to run it and I am getting old for this marathon thing.....

Ginny

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

ginnyb

Just talked to Brian, I'm in!!!!  He is going to help me and already donated.  Did I tell you he is a great guy????  Now I am scared about the money and the training.

Ginny

Anonymous Guest

Ginny, that's awesome! So excited for you. Once you get the fundraising link and stuff set up, let me know and I'll donate.

Damaris, sorry about the sucky weather. Hopefully it's not going to be like this for you from now until November. While the rest of us say at least it's not November, you're probably thinking how much longer until November..

Susan, you are going to be busy training the next 12 weeks! I can't even commit to marathon training right now. My friend from Maryland that is also doing IMTX is have regular freak outs, it seems. This is her first one and she's one of the fastest people I know, so she's gunning for a Kona slot, which can only add to the pressure she's putting on herself.

Lisa, how exciting for DD! I bet she has a blast.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ginnyb

Okay, now I am excited Ken's nephew just sent me this message:

• "no worries..and you will do GREAT

you take care of the training

I will take care of everything else"

so I have a lot of help with the fundraising...

Ginny

Choose a sticker or emoticon

Yay Ginny!!!

Karen--I'm trying to avoid the freak out.  Gotta trust the training.  Everyone tells me if I complete the training, I will be fine.  I am not trying to place or qualify, just finish.  One and done!

Oh great.  The workmen are outside my office again.  Hammering!!  Ugh.

Docket_Rocket

Tessa, hope you are doing OK.  Hugs.

Sue, enjoy the ride later!

Lisa, I'll try to remember (I have not seen that show in years!)

Ginny, that sounds like a lot of money, which is why I prefer to keep applying, LOL.  If I am offered the charity spot (without fundraising) again (that's how I ran last year), I'll let you know.  OK, nevermind, you're in!

Karen, it is going to be like this or worse until November.  Once we warm up, it's done.  No turning back.  Sniff.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Ginny, it sounds like a lot, but it is doable. Let us know what your web page is once you get it set up.

Lisa, you got in to NYCM? Congratulations!!

Susan/crazysue, you're right, one and done. Yeah sure. Uh huh. *grin*

Judy, yum, love Mexican food.

Karen, I think dragging stuff to the curb is cross training.

Damaris, hope you feel better.

Marjorie, you know where I'm going to suggest...but I'll do the poll anyway. I wouldn't be opposed to going back to RWOL but I think we need to keep our options open in case there's a ton of spam again. That was very annoying.

5.4 this morning. I drove to the train station since I'm teaching in Pasadena tonight. Only problem is I left the textbook in the car. Oh well.

Ginny-Yah!

DD didn't get in today.. she is going to try again for tomorrow but show up earlier. They give out more tickets than they have room for people.  Oh well.

Yes, now I need to work on the logistics side of thing.  Easiest is for me to plan a work trip around it but still need to have a hotel that I pay for over the weekend.  Sis is likely to be here so that is good!  My nephew's place is a block from the course in Brooklyn!

If anyone is interested in sharing hotel costs let me know.

Lisa