Womens Running

Moving Along Monday (Over 40) (Read 20 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Great race log and pics, Ginny and Lisa! Congrats!

Friday was a good 40 minutes on the track some with coach. I did 30 minutes of cardio dvd after dinner.

Saturday was SDO

Sunday Buddy and I did 70 minutes out on the trail. It was a good run for me.

Today will be an errand, track run and cardio dvd at home. Depression this morning but I am off to work. Getting “out and going” helps a lot.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Good Morning!  Looking forward to a (hopefully) fast moving Monday.

3 TM miles, followed by some squats and planks.  Hope to get in 2 ish miles after work.

Hi Judy - nice running for you this weekend!

Hobby Jogger Especial!

Good morning all! Got out for 5 miles this morning, 56f. Off for some upper body weights then flying out to Vegas for a couple of days with my mom and Aunt. I plan on a short run one of the days we're there.  Have a good week!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Pilates and 4 miles tonight.

Ginny, great report!

Judy, hugs.  Hope it gets better soon.

LC Runs, nice workouts.  Count me in for the fast moving Monday, please.

Shadow, nice run and weather!  Enjoy Vegas!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Howdy!  I was a bum and took an USDO this morning.

Busy weekend here--BF's ship broke down in Galveston so he was able to come home over the weekend.  Went bike riding Saturday morning.  Rode in the park with another woman who is really fast--speedwork training.  She kicked my ass.  Also did a 3 mile run.  I was so wiped out I could barely move the rest of the afternoon.

Sunday was a 10 mile run and then hung out at the house and did some chores.  Took Jake and Deuce to the beach to play fetch in the water.  They had a blast!

Lisa and Ginny--loved the pics and race report.  Looks like y'all had a blast!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Today is a rest day. Pilates later. Went for a short walk in the pouring rain.

Nice report Ginny

Shadow safe travels

back to work. I go to Orlando for work tomorrow

Marjorie

camille2

Lisa and Ginny, congrats again!  Great report and pics.  I think Ginny is a trail convert.   : )

I ran/hiked about 9 yesterday.  I planned to do the flatter (1000' elevation-not bad here) and busier trail to Eagle or Symphony Lake, but when I got to a cut off to Hanging Valley, a couple told me Hanging Valley is nicer and both are new to me so up I went.   It was very pretty, but probably wasn't my smartest move, since a section was very narrow and thru high brush. It didn't last long, fortunately.   There were a lot of blueberries in the valley, but I only grabbed a few.  I  decided I really need a lighter day pack for next year. I'll bike today.

Anonymous Guest

I'm having one of those days where everything that can possibly go wrong, is. I have people flying in for a meeting this Wednesday and Thursday. I had some last minute cancellations and spent half an hour on the phone trying to figure out how to salvage the meeting with the few people still coming. Came up with a plan. Checked in with the people still coming. 2 out of the 5 had looked at the calendar notice (which was marked "all-day") and saw 12:00 a.m. start, because that is how Outlook handles an all-day meeting, and thought it started at noon. The attached agenda showed an 8:30 start, and in the body I actually said "the agenda is attached to help you plan your travel". So now I'm down to 5 people (instead of 9), and 2 aren't planning to get in until late morning. They are trying to change their flights, but I just want to scream. Actually, I just want to cancel the damn meeting because I don't have time for it, but then I have five people with most likely nonrefundable flights that are screwed.

And what I really want to be doing this morning is registering for Boston, but I can't run Boston next year because it is at the same time as our Spring Meeting. And now the 2016 meeting has also been scheduled, and it is at the same time as Boston again. Somebody tell me why I want to keep this damn job and work from home when we move? Because right now I want to say "f it" and just walk away.

Plus last night the dog had a seizure and peed all over himself and the floor, so we were washing the dog and the floors in the middle of the night, so I'm tired. And worried about my aging dog and the fact that he probably doesn't have a lot of life left.

What I really need is a run. Oh wait, can't do that with this stupid foot. I finally realized that trying to run Erie this coming weekend would be stupid and cancelled my hotel. Luckily I was driving, so no flights involved.

So, Happy Monday to you all. I hope yours is going better than mine.

Ginny, I loved your race report, and Lisa, loved the photos. Sounds like you guys had a great time. Since it may be years before I can run Boston again, maybe I should quit trying to run faster and just enjoy some trails. Yeah, right.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Shadow, you weren't by any chance at Bogus Marathon in Meridian last month, were you? I did that one.

Ginny, lovely race report! Yes, one of the nice things about trail races is many of them don't have mile markers and you are running for fun rather than for time. It sounds as if you and Lisa had a blast. I'm envious.

Susan, go for it. A 4 mile loop sounds good. Long enough for you not to get too bored and short enough to be passing the aid station fairly frequently. I have done a 1 mile loop course and 54 circuits of that same mile was very boring.

Lisa, thanks also for posting pictures!

Susan/crazysue, glad BF is back in port. (insert jokes about sailors here) That weather looks nasty.

Marjorie, hope the fire wasn't too bad, and good for you for encouraging DH in his run.

Carol, nice 23, which race are you training for?

Laura, glad you are liking the new schedule, though we miss you.

Damaris, hope the weather cools down.

Judy, hugs. It does get easier after a little while.

Camille, hiking alone on a narrow trail? I would be very nervous. Though it does sound beautiful.

Karen, I'm sorry about the frustrating morning. That does sound awfully annoying. People who cancel without a good reason are rude, and I can see making that mistake with the agenda but still Outlook shouldn't start meetings at 12 midnight.

Having the major annual meeting the same time as Boston each year is also stupid. That's tax time and all too often it's Easter and/or Passover as well. This will definitely be the case in 2017, Easter is April 16.

I got in a few short runs over the weekend, but Phoenix in early September with a hurricane off Baja is not conducive to lengthy or comfortable running. Hotter than Hades and humid as well. Plus a lightning storm on Thursday night. No run this morning, took Sis to the airport.

camille2

Karen, sounds like a terrible day.  Tomorrow will be better.

Tessa, I was surprised that it wasn't more open that high up.  I prob won't do that trail alone again. You have my sympathy on Phoenix in Sept.

Cindy, forgot to say that I'm really glad you're doing well with increased miles.

Gotta get busy. I'm leaving Oct 1 and have some work I need to do for business and on condo.

Docket_Rocket

Karen, what a day!  Hope it improves.  Can you ask for that day off?  I am sure they will be able to arrange for you to be out for a couple of days.

Camille, nice job on the hike!

Tessa, sounds yucky.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LC Runs

(((hugs, Karen)))

Hi Damaris, Tessa, Shadow, Sue, Marjorie, Camille 

Heading out in a few for a quick 2 mile run

Arimathea

Tessa

6.95 on the TM at lunch. Feeling better about today.