Womens Running

Too early Thursday - Supermoms (Read 15 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 13K with Emma..meeting her at 5 am. ARGH.

KR - was watching some cartoon with a female bird character. "pretty mommy bird!" "is mommy pretty?" I asked.  He replied earnestly, "Mommy has pretty hair!"

FR - crockpot chicken noodle

NRR - I already feel better having talked to HR.  Makes me dread the confrontation less, knowing dick manager is already in hot water. Smile

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

RR - 6k with 6 strides. Got a short TM run and some ST in last night after S went to bed.

TR - Woke up at 3:30 am, hysterically sobbing and kept saying over and over "Mommy, answer your phone". I guess she had some kind of terrible dream about my phone? She was totally inconsolable, so I felt so bad for her. I only just got her calmed down and back to sleep and now I have to do some work, so now I feel bad for me!

FR - Apricot glazed halibut, Mediterranean salad

NRR - Have to go buy a birthday present for a friend's 5-year-old DD whose party is this weekend. Going to see my family dr today but only available appt was during S's naptime, boo. Hopefully she is not too grumpy!

~~~~

zorbs - Normally a 5 am run would be unfathomably early to me, but today I've been up so long I could have run 13k already. Aww on the pretty hair. Is HR going to talk to him today? It will be amazing if the confrontation actually ends up being him having to apologize to you!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

running eh

RR - maybe some yoga

NRR - As for the grocery shopping, I have to admit that my budget isn't tight at all.  My first step is to just be aware of what I am buying and to not buy whatever I feel like as I wander the aisles.  Now I need to look back at my receipts and see how I can tighten the purse strings while still feeding my family healthy food.

FR - spaghetti, I think

KR - the maple syrup trip was good.  DD1 only has 14 kids in her class and they are mostly well behaved children, so it was a breeze.  I love DD's teacher and as I was chatting with her I realized how much she actually likes the kids and enjoys teaching.  I could NEVER do that job.

zorbs - B is sweet and he has a pretty mommy!  Smile  Glad you feel better talking to HR.  Interesting about the gym that is close by.  Is it a one off gym?  I am guessing it is not a chain....

ernie - that fish sounds interesting.  Have you made it before?  Let me know what you think!  My kids love fish, but other than canned tuna, I haven't been able to make myself prepare it this pregnancy.  Hope S survived the MD appt. without too much fanfare.  That is an early morning, and I guess there will be no nap for you today.  Hope tonight is better.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ernie - DH mentioned the possibility of an apology last night as well.  If that happens, I really want to say coldly, "apology NOT accepted." but I would rather take the high road.  I can't think of something in between the 2..but honestly, if he apologizes...it is NOT accepted.  No idea on how fast HR will follow up on this.  Of course I worry that the opposite will happen, that he'll look up my address and come after me at home or something.

eh - the gym seems to have a boxing ring and then something like a Crossfit box, with pullup bars, ropes, tires, kettlebells, Olympic lifting equipment.  You know the Petro Can on the corner of Brant & Plains and there's a crappy plaza next to it with an indian restaurant, a nail place and an e-scooter store? the gym is on the upper level of that building.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning,

RR - SRD... Yesterday's workout was TOUGH!  I think Ernie asked - yes it's at tempo pace, but the fast end of it, we ran them around a 4:40-45 pace, my HMP is 5:05 ish.

KR - was up early again today... she's going to be one tired girl... one of these days.  I bribed her to stay in her bed with her tablet - DH had done the same thing yesterday and said she was almost back asleep when he got her up, so maybe she played for a few minutes and then dozed off?

TR - didn't see her yesterday... both kids have their well visits today, the apt was tues but got postponed to today.  It's right in the middle of her nap, so hopefully she's happy.  Curious about her stats since she's such a peanut but eats a ton and is such a chub.  I think she'll be average for weight but short - just what every girl wants Wink

NRR - dh got offered the use of someone he works with's condo on a ski hill starting Friday for a week.  I think we're going to go for the weekend.  As luck would have it, I had already planned to LR on Friday afternoon, so will just have easy runs Sat/Sun.  I think we will see if my parents want to come, we can hang out with them, play cards and get them to watch the kids.  I'm also thinking about seeing if M would like to try xcountry skiing.  There are a ton of trails there, and apparently lots of snow still.  I'm going to bring my skis for sure, I haven't been out since M was a baby, and am totally stoked!  We do have a ski attachment for the stroller too, so could pull one or both girls.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - I must have missed the gym update (on fb?)... hope things work out in your favor.  Hope your 5am run went well.

ernie - awww on S and her phone nightmare.  Too bad you were up so early and had to stay up though.

r-eh - I could not teach young kids either!  Hat's off to teachers Smile

K I probably won't be back, I'm working at a client office most of the day and leaving early to take the kids to their appts, have a great day ladies!

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 3 with RP and the stroller. Phew, pushing that stroller is hard work when you don't do it often. Tracked down teenage babysitter and hired her for tonight, and when I told DH this morning he says "I already got a babysitter because I'm taking the night off so we can go out for our anniversary"- Yay!  On the other hand, I'm kind of annoyed because when you are on a schedule like that suprises mean a lot of shuffling stuff around!

RR2- Took my measurements this morning and really the only thing that has changed is that I grew my butt by 2" through ST lol. I needed it though, I had a serious case of flatass.

TR: This peeing standing up thing has a seriously messy learning curve.

NRR: Bossman back today, and I have the day off tomorrow. Taking R to Spokane to do some fun stuff, and am going to have a meetup with a friend off of another forum. Might see if I can get R to go to REI without being too much of a bastard so I can spend my dividend.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runnergirl9508

Quick post, be back during nap for personals

RR: just over 5 miles with R in the stroller this morning. I haven't run with the stroller since the fall, so I wasn't expecting such a good run. I felt great and R loved looking around and pointing out the "shwirrels." I also got "Mommy fast!" a few times. Smile

TR: needs to get back to a normal nap time. He wakes between 6-6:15am, and i usually put him down for a nap btw 12:30-1. The past few days he hasn't been falling asleep until 2, and I've been waking him by 4 so that he's still ready for normal bedtime at 7:45. He's such a grump when I wake him, but I am not letting him nap later and stay up til 9pm, as that's the only hour a day DH and I get to sit down together. Honestly, I need that hr of downtime before I go to bed.

NRR: grocery shopped after our run this morning, then played outside for a bit. I need to do laundry today, too.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- had they gotten complaints from the other trainers? I need to start doing morning workouts again.

Ernie- your FR sounds good. I definitely don't eat enough fish because DH doesn't like it and R only likes fishsticks.

eh- I do not grocery budget either. I spend about $150-200/week for our family of 3 including wine/beer. Usually the easiest place to save money is cutting out snack food, but then there are complaints.

CA- is that up in Banff? Sounds awesome!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

RG- LOL R was complaining that we were running slow yesterday, but Joan told him we couldn't go fast because her leg hurt and he accepted it. Cute about "Shwirrel" My R says "Skweeohs"

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

CA - B will only go and be quiet in his room during naptime/early wakeups if we let him have the ipad.  DH was dead set against it for awhile..but then he realized it's the only way we can have naps now.

RG - B is always a grump when I have to wake him up from a nap.  Which is why I am so happy when he doesn't nap on Mondays, trying to wake him up and then get him out the door in a timely manner to go to music class is absolute hell.  I have a ? for you - what kind of equipment do you cart around when you train people in home? Do you ask clients to say, own a few dumbbells?

spike - round ass is FAR superior to pancake ass. I don't know if he's done anything to the other trainers worth taking to HR, but from talking to a couple of them yesterday, he certainly has not treated them NICELY, that's a fact.  So I will encourage the other trainers to call up HR if he does anything really terrible.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - I agree on the stroller running!  Condo is in Panorama - in BC, south west of Banff.

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- I have noticed that my pants aren't sagging as much towards the end of the day when they are stretched out since they have something to hang onto now. DH is enjoying it as well. I've never had a booty, and its kinda nice!  Don't laugh, but I've kinda been thinking I want to focus on ST a little more and maybe do some bodybuilding- not gross, veiny competition bodybuilding but I'd like to look kinda muscly and fit. I'm gonna need to stop eating carbs if I do that though Wink

Erniegirl

eh - 14 kids is such a nice, small class size! Your kids go to a private school, right? The apricot glaze is just apricot jam, ginger and broth or white wine, boiled until thickened. I've used it before on fish and pork.

zorbs - You can take the high road but also not actually accept his apology by coolly replying "Your apology is appreciated." 

CA - Boo for the naptime well checks! The dr's office should be closed for naptime  The condo sounds awesome!

spike - Maybe you could make normal fish and then cut R's piece up, bread it with panko or bread crumbs and pan fry it so it's like a homemade fish stick? Yay for ST leading to a nicer booty!

rg - I am jealous that R will still sit in the stroller for you! Or maybe I'm not, since I never liked running with it much, ha ha. 2-4 is still a good nap if he'll still go to bed at his normal time, but it does suck to have to wake up a cranky kid. I'm afraid I have no advice, since S pretty much always goes down for her nap close to 2.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

Ernie- that sounds like too much work to go to for fish LOL. I buy these salmon burgers at Costco and eat them for lunch/dinner on my own pretty often. Plus I don't really keep anything non-gf like panko in my house. I have bread and pretzels for DH but those are pretty contained and I know they aren't going to contaminate my food supply.