Womens Running

Chocolate Caramel TUESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Can you guess what day it is?! I can get behind this day!

Speaking of caramel - Blue Bell (that's right Karen) ice cream is supposed to make its arrival next week. SO EXCITED FOR CARAMEL PRALINE ICE CREAM!!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

8.2 for me.

BRRR!!! 25 degrees out there. I don't mind, but BRRR. VA can't make up its mind on the temperature apparently. Nice and easy run. It was good but I think I need a new pair of Brooks Launch's. Luckily those aren't "too" costly. My watch must have been too cold because it had my heart rate higher than I believe it was. Oh well. Not looking forward to a speed workout I have planned for tomorrow. Blah.

Thanks for all the love on the 2nd job offer! I think I made the right choice. More money is always nice, but I don't want to hate my life/job. I haven't been this excited to start a new job in a really long time..so I am going with it.

I thought I was going to say more..but I got nothing else! Just trying to get through this week!!! Smile Smile Smile

Cathy – KILLER run this morning!! You did great, you had no reason to stressSmile I actually have one of those tomorrow. I only have one speed work run that I just try to avoid..and it’s on schedule for tomorrow. It’s the only one like it the entire training cycle. Was actually supposed to do it last week..but since it was a rest week I decided to push it. Ugh. I will be happy when its done. I am sure you are happy yours is done!

Sandy – I laughed out loud last night imaging you skipping to the car. LOL. I am also seeing you out on your patio this weekend getting some tan Smile Though I am sure you are already pretty tan from your trip! Jealous. I was trying to decide if I want to go tanning before the wedding..then I just decided I will be ghostly. Haha. So, I think alcohol does keep sickness away. HCF was telling me he NEVER got sick when he was drinking. He even remembers a time he went on vacation with a huge group of people and they ALL got sick except him. Weird. I hope you are skipping to the car today! Us Virginian’s are bundled up in this weather! I hope VA goes to the finals! Maybe I will watch then? ; ) Oh..and OLD NAVY? Score!!! Old Navy is the best. Who cares how old you are..they have cute stuff Smile

Run4kupcakes – Interesting. Did not know that about the trail. I just know getting to BWI is a pain in the ass.

Happy Tuesday! I want some ice cream now.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I didn't have a pleasant run yesterday.  It was 77F and 64 dewpoint, (winter weather) so I thought I could go outside and run.  Nope.  I stopped 5 times to breathe, cough or sneeze and came back home at 3.50, cursed my husband for making me go outside and hopped on the TM.  He tread carefully the rest of the night.

When I looked at the weather, the mold content was high, so there it is.  FTS.

I have Pilates and either 7 or my RD tonight.  Thinking of moving my run to Friday anyway, as hubby will be doing his follow up MRI (from his last brain surgery) to monitor the left over tumor and it will be at 4pm and for 1-3 hours so the 7 miles will entertain me while he goes and does that.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Only 3.8 this morning.  A police car went whizzing by me (at 0515 am) and down to the boat launch. Later a van drove out of the launch and was clicking down the street and the police car was right behind it.  The police pulled the van over a few blocks in front of me, and I decided maybe I should just turn around and head back to the house. Then I met up w DH and Skye, so I walked back to the house with them.

Today the washer and dryer arrive!!  DH is driving over when Lowe's is ready to deliver. Yay!!  Flooring came yesterday, so it has to acclimate for 3 days before Dave can start putting it down. Not sure when that will start. Wow. Lots to do!!

Lizzie--home office sounds great!! We will have one too.  I want to TW more. Most of my co-workers TW 75% of the time.

Docket--I hope your DH's test goes well.

Y'all have a great day!

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Tuesday!  Caramel is awesome.  One of the few things that I like in my ice cream.  10.36 mi this morning with strides and 5x8 minutes at 10K pace with 3 min of recovery.  It was the toughest workout in the training cycle, so I guess it's all downhill from here?    One of my RB's looked at my Garmin data when I did the last workout with 4x8 minutes at 10K pace and she remarked that it was essentially one mile repeats with quarter mile running recoveries.  It sounded much more impressive put that way.  

Lizzie, 25, that's our weather!  I should just suck it up and start running outside in the mornings again.    The ice is cleared enough that it should be doable.  A speed workout that you dread?  Is it a tempo?  I hate tempos.  Those were always the workouts that I tried to avoid.    Now you have me thinking about ice cream...  Haha, maybe there is something with alcohol and not getting sick!

Damaris, sorry about the unpleasant run.  I hope hubby's MRI goes well!!  I just got the InB Sakura tank, it's really cute!

Sue, sounds like it was a good idea to head back home!  The things for the new house sound great!

Sandy, haha, in Blast from the Past Brenden Fraser's family goes down into a bomb shelter and stay down there for about 30 years and no bomb actually fell.    It's cute.  As I read Fallout, I kept asking DD if a bomb really fell.  I finished Space Between Words so now I have to go to the library!  I have a book on hold that came in, now I don't remember what it was...  Enjoy the balmy weather!

Cathy

Docket_Rocket

Damaris, sorry about the unpleasant run.  I hope hubby's MRI goes well!!  I just got the InB Sakura tank, it's really cute!

It is!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Today I did 50 running minutes and 10 fast walk.

At least we have sunlight today. It is cloudy here an awful lot due to the Great Lakes.

Thursday will be volunteer day, then Friday DC and I start our 7 weeks of classes again. I look forward to Meditation and Yoga classes. I'm also signed up for Handwriting Analysis and Mysteries. They have a great workout area so I can do a TM workout during a free time. 

Happy runs, All ! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Seloc

Rest day.  But maybe sorta TURD.  I don’t really have a plan right now but trying to be smart and ease back into this running thing after being a lazy sot for 3 weeks.

I need to make a decent dinner tonight.  Last night was wine and malted milk ball eggs.  I think I have officially ODed on them now so done for the season.  Only took half a bag!  Not a huge fan of caramel.  Or ice cream, really.  Yeah, I’m weird.

Another beautiful day in the neighborhood.  I put the parka away!  Sure hope I didn’t jinx things.

Cathy – killer KILLER workout and you CRUSHED it like I KNEW you would!  I smell a PR coming up.  Nice that your paths are clearing up!  We still have SO much re-freeze and snow.  Hopefully by next week it’ll be gone?

Sue – weird about the police activity this morning.  Exciting about the house!!  Have you sold yours?  When do you anticipate moving in?

Damaris – yikes on poor air quality.  Good luck to DH with his MRI!!

Karen – yikes on the tank fire!  How close is that?  Can you see/smell it?  Be careful out there!!

Lizzie – haha you are getting soft in your old age.  25* is BALMY!!  I’m excited you are excited for the new job!!  YES on the alcohol keeping the germs away.  I swear it kills them off – I really do swear on it!  Clearly I didn’t drink enough on vacation / on the plane home and the sickness grabbed hold.  Hope you get your ice cream tonight!

Anonymous Guest

8 miles for me this morning. Dogs tore up a magazine that was in the bathroom while I was out. Well, I am pretty sure it was one small dog that did it, although the big one probably joined in. Huckles seems to be developing a little bit of separation anxiety. They are going to daycare tomorrow. I only have one hard workout this week (except for racing a 5K on Saturday) and that is tomorrow, so I will be able to do that without worrying about the dogs, then plan on vacuuming, mopping floors, dusting.......while the dogs play and then get a bath. Because they also both stink.

HCK, I ran that path around BWI once when I lived up that way. I expected it to be better than it was. It was okay, I guess, but not worth driving up there. Seems like it could have been a fun race, but probably was just okay.

Liz, woohoo on the Blue Bell!!!! I happen to have some Pralines 'n Cream in the freezer right now. I finally gave up on my pair of Brooks Launch - I would get blisters after 3-4 miles. I don't have that problem with the Glycerins though. I may pick up another pair of those from Running Warehouse now that they're on sale since the new ones have come out. I think you made the right call on the job and I am so excited for you.

Damaris, ugh on the crappy air quality. Enjoy the miles or the rest day, whichever you decide.

Susan, good call on turning around! So exciting on everything going on with the new house.

Cathy, awesome workout. Thinking about that would have stressed me out.

Judy, sounds like some fun classes coming up.

Sandy, Educated was kind of hard to get into. It just seemed kinda weird the way they lived so it was really hard to relate. But it did get better and I'm glad I stuck with it - amazing story that someone could grow up like that and accomplish what she did. I had to keep reminding myself that this wasn't 100 years ago, I think she was born in 86. I just can't imagine someone almost 20 years younger than me living that life. Would you believe I hadn't heard about the fire? The weather guy said something about "the Deer Park situation" but I didn't know what he was referring to. In addition to not watching normal sports, DH also doesn't watch local news. And I didn't turn the TV on yesterday or this morning. But now I know about it! Looks like with the wind direction we might just get the edge of the smoke plume but it should mostly be to the south of us.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Karen--I love Glycerins!

Sandy--DS2 and his fiance are going to rent our old house.  He is gong to help fix it up and we will sell eventually. Hopefully he will have a real job SOON!!

Ugh...where is our washer and dryer????  Still waiting for Lowe's to call.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Geez, all these book recs and I might have to go pick some up! Smile

Docket – Oh no, sorry for the crappy run last night. I like the idea of switching your run around. I hope things go well with the MRI!

Susan – Nice miles! That’s a scary start to the day! Everything is coming together on the house! How awesome!

Cathy – AWESOME run for you today!! Sounds hard. Yuck.  My run tomorrow is 10 miles with 3x 2 mile/.40 rest. So, yes, tempo. Ugly. Nasty. Tempo. I hope you have an easy run planned for tomorrow.

Sandy – Did you ever eat that Halo? Haha. Smile Enjoy the rest day. You are being very smart about getting back into running! I am worried about what happens when I am in Hawaii. A lot of treadmill running probably. Wine and malted milk ball eggs?! LOL. I love those eggs! But for dinner?! Do I need to send you some meal preps? Hahaha. 25 sure feels cold when its been 40 in the mornings!

Judy – Woohoo for sunlight and classes coming back! Handwriting analysis and mysteries? That sounds really interesting. I was just telling someone the other day about how learning cursive was a waste of time. I never write in cursive! Everything is digital these days.Nice running today!

Karen – Nice miles today. Uh oh on the magazine. I guess it could have been worse. We are all having some hard workouts this week! I love it when Ruger goes to daycare. I can get so much done while he is off getting his energy out! Well geez, send that Pralines n’ Cream through the computer would you?! Smile I think the Glycerins are much better than the Launch’s. The Launch’s work for me on easy runs.  Good luck on the tough workout tomorrow!

Have a good afternoon/evening!

LC Runs

Hey Everyone!

Quick check in from me..4 after work miles.  They were not great, not sure why.  I started out fine but the legs were tired.  Oh well, I am glad I got out there.

No time for personals, heading out for dinner.  Work is still insane 

Waves to everyone!!

Half Crazy K 2.0

It's later than I thought, started prepping stuff for lunch tomorrow & now I have to wait for it to finish. Short spin workout, DH had mentioned a bunch of errands he wanted to run, but then was stuck on a work call until after 6.

AnonymousGuest, my first race was the BWI Airport 5k that used a very small section of the BWI trail. This was the full loop. If I lived close by (like in running distance), I'd use it, but would not make a special trip there. For the race, it sort of sucked because it was not flat, constant little hills or longer false flat sections.