Womens Running

WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY DIVAS (Read 218 times)

monk717

Post!

monk717

Good morning!

RR: Headed to bodyflow this morning. Since the last time I did it, P's moved up higher under my ribs, so I don't know how difficult the bending will be.

NRR: We have a work Christmas party at lunch, so that will be fun to get away from the desk for a couple hours. I still need to find a white elephant gift though. I had a particular item in mind that was in my linen closet, but since I cleaned it a couple months ago of course its not there, so will have to see if I can it in the basement or find something else. And at the same time I was looking in there I pulled out my Christmas cards, so hopefully I can get those finished this week! Nothing else today... I did pop back in yesterday after my appointment... everything is good. Belly is measuring right on and my weight is up more than I'd like, but I know at this point my total gain will be less than with A.

taylorma1

Morning monk! Enjoy the Christmas Work Party today

RR: planning on some speedwork today, around 4x800M

NRR: last day of official grad student duties: proctoring the final and cleaning up our lab, then meeting with a professor, and I will be all done! Then off to DBF's to bake some Christmas cookies

POrun

Happy Hump day!!!! So thankful for a 4 day work week here.

RR: Ran a fairly fast 3 with DH in the horrible humidity/heat last night. My neighborhood has a nice little 1.25mi loop I can do, so great for short runs without having to head to the busy street in the dark. Oh, and there's hills... like, real ones... What the heck is that in FL? (at least I live at the bottom so the final stretch home will always be down)!

NRR: We had horrible storms last night! I was up at 2 am and couldn't fall asleep due to it being so loud and kind of scary. At least this "cold" front is supposed to be in some time tonight. Work is going to be crazy for the next 2 weeks, but then I get to move to a new job!

Monk: glad your appt went well! I hope you have a good lunch party at work and you find the elephant gift. Our work gift exchange can warrant some pretty terrible gifts!

POrun

Taylor: Enjoy baking cookies after you're done today!

MA runner girl

Morning ladies.

RR: 3 miles last night, they were not fun. Not sure about today.

NRR: Woke up with a sore throat and feeling run down so I slept in a bit and decided to work at home. Hopefully lots of vitamins and rest today and I'll feel better tomorrow. I don't want to get sick!!! Last night DH made me a yummy dinner, pork tenderloin, potatoes and salad. Then I wrote out about half of our christmas cards, hopefully I'll finish tonight and send them out tomorrow. I fell asleep on the couch last night! LOL woke up around 10:15 and went to bed. I slept much better though than the last few nights so that's good!

Monk - Have fun at the Christmas lunch! I always love getting out of the office for a fwe hours without having to use pto! Hope you find the gift you need.

Taylor - Yay for your last day of grad school duties!! Have fun making cookies with DBF tonght, sounds like fun Smile

PO - I'm glad you got a chance to go out with DH and found a nice little loop. Hills! That's good, that will make you a better runner. Silver lining!

Have a great day girls.

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

RunLikeTheWind23

Morning Ladies--

No matter how much I sleep, I still feel like death warmed over. Slept from 4:30 yesterday afternoon till 8:30 last night and then 9:30 last night till 6:30 this morning and I STILL can't function. Sad I called Dr. Hottie's PA yesterday to ask about pre-op. I'm trying to get things planned for work and I need to know when it will be. I have to say, as amazing as Dr. Hottie and his staff is, they are lacking a bit in the communication department.

lizo_77

it's wednesday, but dang do I feel like it's the beginning of the week!

Hi ladies!

RR: short quick 1.5 miler this morning. did the first mile in 8.54 as I try to up my speed. then did 15 minutes of strength/ calisthenics.

NRR: about to hit the road for hotsprings for work. we'll be there till friday afternoon then the long trip back home on friday night. Can't wait till the weekend! It's going to be a busy next week and a half as I try to work overtime because of upcoming project deadlines, and at the same time prepare for christmas and M and I's upcoming trip to Indiana for christmas...

sorry I can't do personals today! will be lurking in the coming days...

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: Uhh, next!

NRR:  Seriously, I am still working on this damn report and it is driving me crazy. I had nightmares last night that I was in graduate school and needed to use the computer labs but they were all closed. UGH    But I checked, and I'm only 14 miles short of 1,000, so that helped some. 

Hope to get back to posting tomorrow!

RunNaiRun

Happy Hump Day, DIVAs!

Monk, I think it’s really great you’re going to BF…hope it went well!

Taylor, congrats on your Proctoring coming to an end!  Enjoy the cookies!

PO, hurray for a good hilly loop with home being at the bottom!  Good luck the next two weeks…and then yay!  So exciting!

MA, you got those miles in, good for you!  I’m sorry your throat is hurting…allergies?  ‘Tis the season, at least here in the DJ!!  Feel better!  I’m so glad you have the WFO option!

RLTW, I’m sorry you had such a rough night, but hopefully you’ll get some good answers from the doctor’s office today.

Lizo, great job on the workout…and happy & safe travels!!

Outwest, that’s just two of your usual weekday runs.  Woot woot!  Maybe split them up? 3.5 before you start working on the awful report from he double hockey sticks, and 3.5 at the of the day or like around supper time (because of course then you’d go right back to working on the reports!)…something to look forward to!

I didn’t run yesterday, got up for class early as usual, then went to the testing center at school to take the final for my other class, then to the library to work on the research paper that’s due on the 18th…going to class this Thursday literally to listen to people gve their presentations, then it’s a party on the 18th and I’m done until the Winter inter-session (2 ½ weeks of a class!) and then Spring semester starts 1/22.  I’m excited, only one class in the Spring! But already disappointed that I won’t be racking up the credits.  I’m going to meet with an advisor and then set up three summer classes for 2013 to get some good credits in.

Will run today, something at some point.  I ran at work on Monday (runch!) and I just love that…we’re getting a new on-site gym here, they say by the end of 2013, and I can’t wait!

Have a lovely day, DIVAs!

LucyBelle

Morning ladies!

RR: Ran 3 last night, actually felt pretty good until afterward, when my sinus headache came back with a vengeance. Will attempt to ST tonight...bis, tris, and abs, I think.

NRR: Not much to report here. Today's deadline day and I already finished my biggest story and all my tedious work, so hopefully I can get out relatively early. Still trying to avoid the illnesses going around at work. My hands are going to crack from being washed so much! This was a very boring NRR...

outwestrunner

Nai - Ha, thanks for doing the calculation for me!  You can ask my DBF, I frantically turned on my laptop this morning to check my mileage..WHEW what a sense of relief!

Lucy - I have the same issues with the crackings. I use the Neutrogena hand cream. 

athenaofamerica

Hey y'all! Happy 12-12-12! LOL

RR: Practice last night was a LOT of fun! I had a few really good moments while we were scrimmaging. Funny how you can feel so much better after a break even though you hadn't been doing anything. Smile I'll take the pup out for 1.2 miles in honor of 12-12-12. LOL

NRR: DP is off work today so I'm excited to get home and have a quiet evening with her. The last week and a half has been madness!

Not much else to report, my right knee is a little annoyed but it's nothing too major!

Have an awesome day!

San Francisco Marathon (Worth the Hurt™), June 16

Napa Valley Inline Marathon, July 14

NorCal

Morning ladies! 

RR. Had a great 6.15 mile run last night with RP. My calves were really feeling my run from Sunday! Today is a rest day, but just did 2 mile walk with L and DH and will do core/arms tonight. 

NRR. Both front desk girls at work are leaving! One is done after this week and the other in January. Of course, since I will be the only one who knows that position, they want me to work extra. I am not happy about that, but also want to be a team player and help out. But I told them I can only do 2 morning shifts/week. Maybe if they didn't treat people so poorly, their employees wouldn't all quit.... 

Working from home this morning, then working at work this afternoon! 

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

RunNaiRun

Lucy, the hands are rough for me, too!  That and around my mouth.  So strange, but I think the twice a day showering (thanks to running or working out so really, not complaining!) in the wintertime makes my skin not very happy.  Have fun with the B-T-A workout!!

outwest, I can't help it...I see numbers and all sorts of things start popping into my brain...I even thought "she could be over 1000 if she ran one mile every day with Fay until New Year's!"....I have issues.  Some bigger and hairier than others  =)

nocal...maybe you'll get to train someone new for the front desk?  IDK, best I've got...the extra income is always nice, I hope.  Great job on the workouts, and I missed any talk of your ice skating adventure - it looked so fun!  I always love going, I'm not sure why it becomes something we don't do very often!

athean, hurray for 12/12/12, and 1.2 with the pup (what a great idea!) Have a lovely evening with DP!

Just got in 4.2 miles without my Garmin...fun run, and it's December, I ran in shorts and had to keep unzipping my jacket  (only had on a short sleeved tech shirt underneath) because I was too hot!  Seriously...December in the Dirty Jerz?  HALLO????