Womens Running

Frightening Friday (Over 40) (Read 16 times)

Boo! Did I scare you?

I've shared my costume.. who else is dressing up?  Do you have a Halloween party at work?

Tessa-I love punny costumes.  here are some other cute ones that I saw on line:

• Rain coat, rain boots, umbrella with stuffed cats and dogs on it-raining cats and dogs
    • group of people wearing pig noses and blankets-pigs in a blanket
    • group with faces painted like band Kiss, wearing French mime type of clothing, carrying French bread and wine-French Kiss
    • couple costume with guy dressed as a taco and woman wearing Belle's costume from Beauty and the Beast-don't make me say it.
    • wear a suit and a tag that says "I'm sorry" - formal apology

there are a bunch of them out there that are easy to make too.  coworker has strips of yellow tape on her shirt with a fork taped under one-fork in the road.  Although when she texted me the pic I typed back "I know!  Dork in the road!"  send. then "FORK not DORK" but now she likes that idea and is switching part way through the party by bringing a small action figure to replace the fork with.

November weather (Nov 1) will be preferable to tonight's for the kids.  Tonight:  7pm 39, feels like 27, 90% precip.  Reminds me of when I was a kid up north.  Costumes had to fit over snowmobile suits.  Realizing how funny it is that I didn't call them snow suits, they were snowmobile suits.  Basically an outdoor winter onesie.

Ginny-Happy Birthday!!  Am open to a meet and run.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

MyMomRuns, fun costume ideas. Our Beggar's Night was about a week ago when it was warm. All areas around here are different.

At work, all the little tiny kids are dressed up, parade through the place and we hand out treats. We can dress up if we wish.

Happy birthday, Ginny!

Thursday was a great 35 minute run. When I got home I did 35 more minutes of cardio DVD. I had much more energy. A day off running helped.

Today will be a track run and some cardio.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

camille2

Happy BD, Ginny!  I like the BD minute idea.

Great costume ideas, judy and Lisa!  I may borrow one of them.  I have one I've used, but the would be new and more fun!

shadow, we did miss you.

My internet went down again yesterday when I got back from my mom's.  Arghhh! I have work I need to do, not to mention paying bills.  I don't like doing it on public connections or with phone!

Planning on 40 hilly minutes.

Happy treating and running.

Good morning and Happy Halloween!

Haven't run or walled since Saturday (well I raked leaves for two hours on Sunday).  Not sure what to do with the black toenail, swollen toe (especially the nail bed).  Sad  Been soaking it in warm salt water and applying antibacterial cream.  Then seems to have taken the inflammation/redness down.  But I want to run!!!  Well maybe forced rest is good?

Nothing much new here... just work and more work and helping DS with homework and more homework.  I hate group work.  Why does the kid who is dyslexic end up the one who writes all of the team memos for their freshman engineering class?  Project 2, different group, same story.  Sad 

Happy Birthday Ginny!  Hope you have an awesome day!

Lisa, love the costume.  I really should have a costume but I haven't thought of anything cool.  But I c an't wait to see what my students come to class dressed as. I challenged them with extra credit points for coming to class dressed as something pertaining to water or wastewater treatment! (And they couldn't just come as the operator).  It was actually a underhanded way of getting them to review the material.  Apparently it is working as they all have been talking about class material to try to figure out what they could be.

I should have thought about it sooner... I could have put tape marks with numbers on my clothes and then put on a graduation robe and I could have been a graduated cylinder!

Judy, so did you dress up?

Middle coworker is "highway robbery".  she went around stealing things from people's desk until we guessed correctly.  could also use shirt with road stripes with a graduation cap and be a "road scholar".  originally she had a fork taped on and was a "fork in the road."

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

4.2 for me.

Happy birthday Ginny!

susan you'll get back to running soon enough

Lisa I see a lot of those type costumes around

Camille oh no, not again!  Darn Internet

Damaris when do you leave for NYC?

Marjorie

Good Morning!!  Swam.  I have been skipping some of my swims and I really felt it this morning.  Done.

BF is really supposed to sail today.  Yes, we talked--I'm going even if he is not.

My fav costume so far -- one of the running groups had a costume run last night.  A friend went as Cruella Deville--complete with her Dalmatian, Lucy!

Have fun and be safe tonight!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have all the workouts I was supposed to do last night.

Lisa, we cannot dress up here at the office but here is mine from last weekend's Halloween party.  Nice costumes!

Judy, sounds like the workouts went really well.  Enjoy today's.

Shadow, glad to see you are back.

Camille, hope the hilly run went well.

Susan, is the black toenail full of blood?  If so, I would try to empty the blood (by either drilling a little hole through the nail or somehow).  That should relieve the pressure and pain.

Marjorie, nice 4.

Damaris

Arimathea

Tessa

Nice costumes, Damaris and Lisa! Damaris, are you a RenFaire fan?

I am dressed up since it's encouraged here, but wearing something reasonably dignified. The cook's outfit from Downton Abbey/Upstairs, Downstairs is easy. Navy long sleeved high necked blouse, long navy skirt, big white apron with front bib and crisscross back straps, small white cap. Done.

Camille, I hope your internet comes back on soon.

Susan, fair winds and following seas for BF! Have a fun weekend.

Susan, graduated cylinder sounds like a plan for next year!

Judy, little kids in costume are always cute.

Marjorie, nice run! Do you get a lot of trick or treaters?

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

We don't do trick or treat, Tessa so no trick or treaters here. There are a bunch in the neighborhood but we haven't handed out candy in years.  DH and I are going to the movies tonight. .

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Oh, sorry. I thought when you said you see a lot of some types of costumes that you meant when you answer the door.

We don't get many and it makes me sad. I always liked Halloween, the one night of the year when you could ring just about any doorbell in the neighbourhood and instead of being suspicious the homeowner would answer the door, smiling, and offer you candy.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Oh I love Halloween. I wish we still did candy. But so many were so rude we stopped. Shame really.

Marjorie

Cold, blustery, rain turning to snow... we went thru 3 bags of candy (the 50-55 piece sized bags).  Have another left over since weather did keep a lot away.  We tend to get car loads of kids in from Detroit since we're close to the border.  Some people don't like that but I figure if I'm buying candy to give out, I don't care where they're from.  Plus it's sad that they don't feel safe trick or treating in own neighborhood.  Teens don't bother me either.. I'd rather have them act like kids than adults.

Damaris-cute costume!

Tessa-picture?

Lisa