Womens Running

Nope, Spring will never come Friday (over 40) (Read 21 times)

ginnyb

Woke up to snow flurries, think I will go back to bed!  Somebody wake me when it is sunny and 80!

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

ginnyb

Tomorrow is supposed to be even worse!  There is a 5K tomorrow here in town, I might do it, but if it is raining with a high of 42 think I will pass!  Sorry to be such a downer, but this is depressing!

Going to Toledo today with my reference co-workers.  It will be nice to out of the library today doing something different.  Ohio Library Conference at the Hilton.

I did do a DVD last night after work, day off today, we have to leave the library at 7 a.m., so I would have had to get up at 3;30 to get in a run, besides the weather has me discouraged .

I hope everyone has a great day!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Ginny, hope you have a great time being away from work! The dvds really help me a lot. Spring is cold here in our state. Roll eyes

Thursday I did 20 minutes of running with a cardio to finish out the 55 minutes. Hair cut and color so I feel so much better. Big grin

Fitting in track run, renew of membership for the year and whatever I can fit in before bedtime. My weekends just go too fast. Dead

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

camille2

Ginny, I'd be discouraged with snow flurries in April, too. I thought it was bad when we got it the end of March! Here's to hoping for a nice 70 day tomorrow.

SRD for me today and I'm ready for it.  Went to gym for quick core and knee  late yesterday and should again today. Rainy here and we had storms and a tornado warningyesterday evening.  I slept in sweats in case we got another warning call.

Gatsby, congrats on the St Louis race!  When DD lived there, we decided they had some of the worst weather in the country.  Hotter than SE  in summer and worse winters.  Big Basin looks like a nice race.

Karen, your 20 mile run sounds awful to me.  Congrats for making it thru!

Marjorie, did the mediation work?

Hi to Judy, Tessa, Lisa and anyone else I missed!

Definition of depressing:

Weather forecast for Detroit: Mon 67, Tues 56

Weather forecast for San Diego: Mon 61, Tues 62

You have got to be freaking kidding me? Well, at least it's supposed to be sunny there vs chance of rain here. But I go to SoCal and it's warmer in Detroit on Monday, really???  It's does payoff end of week when visiting Tessa and it's due to hit a high of 47 here in Detroit on Friday.

My DD is visiting a friend in LA over the weekend. She's not so happy about the weather either. I'm sure that Tessa will enjoy 60's for a change though.

Been rolling and trying to stretch but I would have thought I'd feel more improvement by now.  Must be IT/hamstring. Never had this before though.  Unable to sit on heels, with top of feet flat on floor. The back and side of right leg feels like someone hit it with a baseball bat.

Marian-is it possible I actually pulled something? Unable to get close to doing pigeon with that right leg too.  Good thing that I don't have anything hilly coming up.

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Lisa you mean to ask me?  Yes. You may have or just very imbalanced muscles From not stretching and rolling like you should.

Camille I will wait and wee. I talked to dad for a long while. Had my page of notes and pointed out what he could have done better. What they could have done etc. there is a glimmer that maybe he saves some light. I will follow up with twin today. The big thing. Leaving my twin and sil to explain to their kids about their grandfather getting remarried wasn't a smart idea. Especially when they don't understand it and hadn't met the women and twin gets so stressed on this stuff he kinda shuts down. He should have arranged to meet up with the kids himself and said he had met someone, she wasn't taking the place of his grandmother but she made him happy and they wanted to get married   While they were moving he would see them still a lot etc etc etc. twin and sil should have made a better effort to spin this positively and made an effort to go meet her before hand. And have an adult conversation with my dad on their concerns of the quickness.

i have had that conversation about the quickness. I understand why he is doing it but also pointed  out how it looks. We want him to be happy but also don't want him to be hurt. June is not Sept etc. I also helped him see that his huge enthusiasm on his new family is great but we feel left out as he keeps gushing on that and many other things. So I'm getting him to get it, I think. I will loop back with sil as well.

Ginny I know 4 years ago when I spent 2 weeks in Michigan these weeks in April it snowed and was highs in the 40s the whole time. I was not amused. I hope it is better when we come up in a few weeks to get my moms stuff.

Marjorie

Bikerchick1

Ginny - Appropriate title today....our schools in town are closed because of ice storm....Roll eyes  in the country area here, many without power.  Enjoy your day away from work!

Marjorie - Ugh, that is all I can muster to say re: your Dad...I am frustrated for you just reading all that you are doing/trying with him and family...must be soooo hard to deal with.

Camille - Enjoy your SRD.

Judy - Enjoy your week-end - they do fly by!

Lisa - Hope you get your IT/hamstring issue taken care of!  Sounds like a horrible day of travel for you yesterday.  Sounds like a good call on NOT running Bare Burro LOL.....I agree on your FB status - I wouldn't run it nor would I spectate it... sometimes clothes even aren't enough Shocked

Long work day yesterday, miserable weather = me in bed at 9pm....heading to the track and quick swim today before dinner with friends.

Carol

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I had internet last night for like 30 minutes.  Now without.  So, sorry for the short post (hoping Comcast works this out today).  I did 6 miles with 8 X 100m this morning and will do weights after the chiro tonight. 5K race tomorrow although the 84F and 97% is not making me happy for racing it.  Ha!

Have a great day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.3 for me. 6 at gmp

Thanks Carol. It is frustrating. I'm trying to make this into a positive. If I don't they sure won't!

Marjorie

Wow!  Weather is crazy this year.  Last night we had a big storm and the temp dropped 30 degrees. In the 40s this morning.

Back still hurts.  No work out today.  I signed up for a 5k tomorrrow....IDK

I did have a great sew night yesterday.  Was nice to be home for a change.

Lisa--hope the IT soreness goes away

Have a great day!

Linda

Wow.  The weather is crazy---snow, rain, wind, freezing temps!

I haven't run in a couple of days, because I am trying to give my knees/shins some time to feel a little better.  I am fighting off depression about the whole thing.  I am going to run tomorrow.  We'll see how it turns out.

Sue:  I hope your back feels better soon.

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

Arimathea

Tessa

Marjorie, I am sorry about the stress your dad is putting everyone else in the family through. I'm sure he's feeling that he doesn't have time to waste, but this is several big changes that have ramifications for others and he doesn't seem to realize how his actions are affecting his loved ones.

Lisa, frankly yes I am happy with the cooler weather. It will be hot soon enough. (In the 80s end of next week...) Sorry you had a rough travel day and you didn't even get a chance to open your new shoes...how sad is that?

Bear in mind that San Diego is usually cooler than Los Angeles. Something to do with the way the currents run and mountains lie.

Ginny, snowing...ugh...I would go back to bed too.

Karen, kudos on the 20 miler on a Thursday!

Hi everyone else...busy again. 4 this morning, going to the gym at lunch. And DD is disappointed because class is not cancelled today. Off she went to her 8 AM Friday class. I gather the campus website had many many hits this morning because students were hoping that campus was closed a second day!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Funny you say that Tessa.  He said similar.  That they are both 72 not like they have tons of time.  Big thing was I did get him to admit that they have a lot that they have not worked out or discussed.  Like finances.  Are they going to keep separate and each contribute to household or are they going to combine everything.  Now I know they are not new adults and first marriage and kids don't have to be really discussed but there are several things that they need to have some clear understandings on before they get married.  Holidays etc etc etc.

Marjorie

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Hello!!! I am here and doing well, just so busy! Almost ready for Tar Heel 10 miler next week; I hope to see you, Camille! I am in touch with Cindy, so I think we can manage to get together.

Ginny, sorry about the snow. It's in the 80s here today, so I will be doing an afternoon run on the TM (hate). It's just too hot but it was pouring this morning.

Marjorie -- so sorry to hear you are still experiencing trials with your dad.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

annieSusan

Hi all!

I had my annual physical yesterday and my doctor said nice things about my weight loss. We also talked about a reasonable goal weight and she said a pound a week was a good rate for loss. She also encouraged me to be more regular with my strength training, since postmenopausal women start to lose muscle mass and strength training will help.  So , there's my goal for the next while. Twice a week strength training. Just have to figure out how to schedule it in.

oh, and I got a shingles vaccination, now that I am 60.

anyway, I dId my upper body strength training yesterday after the appointment, and ran outside for 4 miles today. No tape on the ankle, and it felt fine for 4 miles. At last! Yay!

annieSusan