Womens Running

Living for the WEEKENDS (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

6.2 for me. Heading to Core class shortly.

Good run but it was hot. I had to come by the house to use the bathroom - must have been the giant burger I ate for dinner. Smile I look forward to Saturday runs because I wear my Kinvara's. I have been only wearing them once a week to get used to the drop. I think I am going to make it twice a week starting next week. Anyway, this run ends me at 51+ for the week. Ready for a few weeks of lower mileage and a rest day tomorrow! My heart rate has been pretty elevated the past few days. I am having a hard time keeping up with water intake - but also need some rest, too.

I have a lot of errands to run today. HCF is heading over to his sisters to help her move. I don't think he should be doing that yet...but they have a bunch of help so hopefully its just light things. Smile That is not going to be fun considering it is going to be a 96 degree weather day.

Karen - Keep us posted on the house!! How exciting!

Docket - Ugh. That does not sound fun. I hope you are doing something fun this weekend! I was working late last night myself..people escalating landscaping issues on a Friday night. Really?

Margaret. - COMPLETELY agree on the Pecan Pie. The stuff in the middle is really weird. Mush. Have fun today!

Tessa - Yes, I seem to do Richmond every year. Plus with wedding and honeymoon, it was the cheapest Fall option Smile Good luck on the 14 today!

Have a great weekend everyone! i better get moving to the gym!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Pouring rain here thanks to Tropical Storm Barry.  Plan to go to the Y for core and a foam roller class later this morning if it is not cancelled.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Tessa, you are my pie soul mate!  I dislike crusts too!!!  Sometimes the bottom is OK, but the side/top, no thanks.  It is often left behind.

Margaret/Lizzie, but the sludge in the best part!  All that sugary thick gelatinous goodness, mmmm.

Lizzie, nice run and enjoy your day.

Sue, stay safe and dry.

Karen, good luck with the cabin!!!  I hope it is all you two want and more.  I am happy to pitch a tent even for an FE!

Already warm out.  Rolled over on my alarm.  Setting an alarm on a day off...  Not effective.

Gonna be a scorcher today - 97.  And I volunteered to be outside all afternoon in the height of the heat.  Ugh.  Is it wrong to do packet pickup in flip flops?  I don't want to wear running shoes.  Then 2 hours at an aid station.  But I will probably stay longer as there are only 2 folks there other than myself...  Oh yeah, and BBQ on the way...  Taking my cooler so I can get extra.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Still 45 minutes running on TM each day. I had been doing the biking but there is not a good way to fit seat and pedals-wise with my legs being so darned short. Since the toe problem I have decided to resume my cardio dvds after my runs. The toe is not bothering me and I want to keep it that way. I prefer and need weight bearing exercise. Today I am SDO running but am going to do the library volunteer work in the afternoon. That adds about 180 minutes to my cross training and it is upper body work. There is a lot of hoisting books over my head and up and down stuff. Tomorrow is the Sunday Buddy run. 

Happy exercise, All ! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Happy Saturday!

4.5 for me this morning, I went around 7:45 am and it was already getting hot.

LIzzie - sounds like a busy day!  I had a bit of a 'uh oh' moment yesterday on my run regarding the bathroom; luckily, I made it home in time!

Sue - Ugh on the rain, stay safe!

Question:  what do you do when you pass another runner on a daily run?  I always say 'good morning' or 'hello' and add a wave.  I ask because over the past two weeks I have had 2 incidents where I have been totally ignored.  A couple weeks ago I ran past a younger guy, it was  early morning but light outside and I was like "good morning!" and...nothing  Then, this morning, I ran past a girl (probably in her early 30's) and we made eye contact and I said ;hi there!' and...nothing.  In both cases the people were wearing headphones but I mean it's obvious someone is saying hi even if you can't hear it. A head nod or wave is cool. Especially the chick today, she made eye contact with me and I"m like Runner Girls Unite!  Not to mention, she messed up my planned route LOL.

Okay, best get my day going, nothing much on the agenda except the wedding reception this evening, no idea what I"m wearing ha ha.  I'm told it is fairly casual so we'll see.

Have a great day!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Happy Saturday!

4.5 for me this morning, I went around 7:45 am and it was already getting hot.

LIzzie - sounds like a busy day!  I had a bit of a 'uh oh' moment yesterday on my run regarding the bathroom; luckily, I made it home in time!

Sue - Ugh on the rain, stay safe!

Question:  what do you do when you pass another runner on a daily run?  I always say 'good morning' or 'hello' and add a wave.  I ask because over the past two weeks I have had 2 incidents where I have been totally ignored.  A couple weeks ago I ran past a younger guy, it was  early morning but light outside and I was like "good morning!" and...nothing  Then, this morning, I ran past a girl (probably in her early 30's) and we made eye contact and I said ;hi there!' and...nothing.  In both cases the people were wearing headphones but I mean it's obvious someone is saying hi even if you can't hear it. A head nod or wave is cool. Especially the chick today, she made eye contact with me and I"m like Runner Girls Unite!  Not to mention, she messed up my planned route LOL.

Okay, best get my day going, nothing much on the agenda except the wedding reception this evening, no idea what I"m wearing ha ha.  I'm told it is fairly casual so we'll see.

Have a great day!

How rude of those runners! Funny you mention this today - there has been a man walking our neighborhood every morning for the past two weeks but I didn’t recognize him. Come to find out he moved in a few streets down from us. We never waved or anything but once I found out he belonged in our neighborhood - I waved to him. The first time was this morning and let me tell you, he was so excited! He eagerly waved back. It made my day for some reason. I see the same runners all the time so we all wave but I have come across some who don’t and it’s RUDE. I’ve even yelled “FINE THEN” hahaha. I would just keep smiling and waving. Kill them with your friendliness 😃

have fun at the wedding!

Sue - stay safe!! I’ve been getting hourly work updates on the storm

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

I almost always wave/say hi to everyone, except most younger women.  They don't wave generally.  And teenagers.  I generally wave to most homeowners along the way too.  (Except my neighbor, he hates me...). And cops driving by - they almost always wave.  When I don't get the return wave, I do a little shrug and hand toss saying whatever to myself.  Meh, not worth caring about I suppose, but it is annoying.

Laura, enjoy the reception.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Approaching exercisers on the trail: runners coming at me get the vertical hand wave/signal. Walkers usually get a smile and or "Hi".

The wave is sort of a standard here.

If I'm coming up behind walkers I say, "On your left" and "Thank you" when they move.

Weirdos, nuthin! 

The heat of summer has really slowed me down and made me more tired. This happened last year also and I hate the feeling.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 6 with strides tonight.  Had to add my second BP med last night (as I was in April or something) and finally the BP is back on track.  Slept around 10 hours, much needed.

Liz, nice 6.  Haha at the people fighting at that hour.

Susan, hoping the storm moves away from you.

Kat, enjoy the BBQ.

Judy, nice job keeping up with the TM workouts.

Laura, I've never been a social runner so I might wave my hand but if I'm struggling, most of the time I don't/can't respond, so might be that.  Down here is not normal to be saying morning or hello to runners so maybe the runner is not from there?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LC Runs

Lizzie - that is so cute about your new neighbor-walker!

Kat - I agree, it's mostly annoying lol.  This is a fairly small town, you still get the old guys that wave when you pass them in your car on a dirt road.  Hope you are not too miserable out there today!

OMG Judy - I just burst out laughing at your weirdos comment 

Damaris - it probably is more of a regional thing.  The guy from a couple of weeks ago didn't even make eye contact so he may have just been oblivious. I'm thinking the chick from today was probably just blown away by my speed and form for an old lady BWWWAAAA!!

I should mention that about a week ago I passed two high school (I'm thinking XC ) runners and said hello to which they responded. Then I passed them later, they had stopped and were stretching and they were like, "great job"!  And, most of the runners/walkers/bikers I see are very nice.

Half Crazy K 2.0

4.7 miles and strength training.

I wave, smile, head nod or say hi to most people. I find guys of all ages are more likely to respond. When I don't....well, when the weather is nice, lots of people come outside. I have started refusing the move completely off the sidewalk for people paired up (or more) who won't share--you can see me coming towards you, take 10 seconds and get in a line and let me have part of the sidewalk and you have part.

Anonymous Guest

Writing an offer now.

Stay tuned....

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

I think the rain has finally passed.  It rained ALL day.

I think I re-injured my piriformis this morning picking up something at the house.  Sad  It popped and wow does it hurt.

One of my running buddies taught the core and foam rolling classes at the Y.  She's good. I hope I can move tomorrow.

Karen--excited to hear about your offer.  fingers crossed!!

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, good luck! We saw our house and immediately wrote an offer.

Liz, I wave and say "good morning" or "good evening" -- very rarely am I running in the middle of the day -- and usually get a response, even if it is a grunt. I agree with Laura on the "you can move over and let me have some of the sidewalk".

Ladies, what do you say when you are coming up behind someone? My usual is "coming up on your left [right]" but sometimes the person has headphones on and doesn't hear. And sometimes they hear my footsteps and turn around looking a bit worried, then they see that the person behind them is a middle-aged woman in running gear and you can see them relax.

Susan, hope the weather isn't too bad. It was a bit weird running this morning in a calm, hot, blue, cloudless day and knowing that the Louisiana/Mississippi area was experiencing horrendous wind and rain.

Kat, I see no problem with packet pickup in flipflops unless there are hostile fauna there -- whether mammalian, arachnid, or reptilian. Likewise aid station. You are crewing not running!

12.5 today. It was in the 90s by the time I finished and I was glad I'd turned around when I did. I will try for more next Saturday -- and to get up earlier. I didn't get started until 6 AM because I wanted to get gas and Costco doesn't open until 6. First at the pump and started the run by 6:10. Miserably hot by the end. I was so happy to see someone's yard with sprinklers on in the last mile of the run, doused my head and neck with water and it felt so good.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I'll say excuse me if I'm coming up behind someone. If they have on headphone or are yapping on the phone, if I can safely go around them in the street, I do. I find coming up behind someone with headphones is a no win. They don't hear you say anything then get pissy about being startled.