Womens Running

Ice Cream CAKE THURSDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 17 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Uhm, yes please. Baskin Robins praline and cream ice cream cake.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Body Pump class for me today. Running rest day.

Good class this morning! I am still shaking Smile I am also still pretty sore from that massage! Not sure about running tomorrow..still feeling that shin splint so I may not run at all or just won't run long. The humidity is also supposed to be pretty awful tomorrow. We will see how I feel.

Brother is coming down tonight. He and HCF are leaving for the fishing trip tomorrow evening. I am hoping work doesn't explode tomorrow and I can go out to lunch with my brother!

Okay. Going to get a few things done before I head to my OB appointment at 9. Gotta make sure this baby maker is still turned OFF. Wink

Judy – Interesting that you have to change apartments for the remodel. Will the change be temporary while the renovation is happening or permanent?

Kathryn – I would have definitely preferred an hour long relaxing massage..instead of tears. LOL. But..if it helps me with some niggles I have had for a very long time – I am willing to give this kind a try! Smart to pick up a few shifts! I used to do that all the time when I waited tables. It sucks during the shift but the extra money is nice 😊

Karen – Laughed out loud at your coconut comment LOL. Glad you are having such a great time on your vacation and that you and Mike still love each other 😊 The pictures are great! We miss you!

Ginny – Ah yes, you love this humid gross weather 😉

Run4kupcakes – Nice run yesterday! LOL at your cupcakes. I haven’t tried a coconut cupcake. Hmmmm

Docket – Enjoy the trip! Nice run yesterday! There is a good cupcake spot in Georgetown you know..Baked and Wired.

Happy Thursday!

Howdy!

4.5 miles this morning.  Whew! Steamy!!

Yesterday we went blueberry picking with my sister and her family. DD and DGD came and DGD was adorable of course.  She liked to pick and eat the berries. We found a shady spot for Dad so he could sit and watch after he was finished picking. Then we went to our house, made sandwiches and hung out at the pool.  Shrimp for supper, followed by blueberry compote over ice cream. OMG--we bought honey at the blueberry farm---it was the most floral honey I have ever had.  It was fabulous in the compote.

We are both dragging this morning.  Dad is usually up by 0600.  We left at 0645 and he was still in bed.....I woke him up to let him know we were leaving.  I was kinda worried and it took a couple of shoves to wake him.  He was out! My sister is going to take him back to Spring (near Houston) and my brother will come and get him.

I love coconut anything.

Karen--I was stationed at White Sands Missile Range in 2004-2005 and LOVED it!!  Took DS2 (I think he was 10) to White Sands and it was amazing.

Check y'all later!

Hi all!  I'm off today and tomorrow.  Gearing up for Western States.  A lot of people, stuff, and processes to manage for the aid station.  Lots of interesting WS story lines this year: will Jim Walmsley and Courtney Dauwalter be victorious again?  Dave Mackey, the Leadman, returns to WS with a prosthetic leg.  Kyle Robideaux is running visually impaired. Scott Mills is going for WS no. 20!  Temps will actually be coolish (80s instead of the usual 90s+). Should make for an interesting race.

Aaand, I haven't run since Sunday.  Too busy.  But going out this morning for some miles.  I figured it's good to have some rest.

Ice cream cake?  Eh, sure, but not something I seek out.  I like cocoanut now, but didn't when I was a kid.  My mom loved it -- at Halloween, she always took the mini Mounds and Almond Joy candy bars out of our treat bags, which no one objected to.

Lizzie, wasn't that massage like 2 days ago?  She really must have dug in and found some tight stuff and knots.  I really don't like massages, I know, I'm weird.

CrazySue, yum on the fresh blueberry compote!  I love how honey can taste so different depending on where the hive is located.

I've been reading along this week but won't try to catch up... hi to all!  Now I'm going out for that run before something else comes up....

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

At least it's Thursday!    9 miles yesterday with a 1 mile warm-up, 4 miles at goal marathon pace, 1 mi easy, and 3 miles at goal MP.  I ran a little later, it was in the 70's and sunny with a "feels like" 81, which is really warm for a person used to running in the 50's.    I just ran at a pace that I felt that I could sustain.  It turned out to be around 9:00-9:05 min/miles, which was good enough for me!  6 easy miles this morning.  Beautiful day down at Summerfest on the Milwaukee lakefront, it was mid 80's but a nice cool breeze coming off the lake and not humid.  The girls and I had a good time!

Ice cream... I took younger DD to Dairy Queen the other night and she had her first Blizzard.  They turned it upside down and then gave it to her, I guess that is a thing?    Oh, and I like coconut, as long as it's fresh coconut and not artificial.

Lizzie, wow, that was a massage!    Nice 10+ yesterday!  Enjoy the rest day!  Hopefully the shins heal up.  What are your plans for while HCF is gone fishing?  Have fun at your appointment!    I was going to say that I don't remember what it's like to run in 77 degree weather... I think it's being hot, then coming inside into air conditioning while sweaty that makes me cold!  Sometimes I stay outside for a little bit and do some stretches.  Yesterday I drove to a local park to run laps after dropping the girls off at summer school and cooled down in the car so I didn't have any issues.  I actually carried water for the first time this year!  And I even wore a hat!    Yes, we have come a long way.  

Sue, sounds like a really fun time picking blueberries!  The compote sounds like it was amazing!

Damaris, nice job getting the MP miles in!  Nice pics from DC!

Kat, enjoy your day off!

Cathy

Seloc

At least it’s Thursday is RIGHT!!  Brutal brutal work week.  I think they are trying to kill us.  Never fear, I will persevere.

Ice cream cake?  Sure, if it’s been served.  Parfait?  Eh, probably pass.  Coconut?  Ditto to what Gatsby said.  Did NOT like it as a kid.  My mom LOVED it and would eat the Mounds/Almond Joy Halloween candy.  I kinda like coconut now – the flakes anyway that you find in trail mix sometimes.  I’ve been REALLY wanting a soft serve cone but have been too lazy to go get one.

Ah, yes, running!  Just doing the usual but cutting it back a bit this week.  6 on Tu, 4+ yesterday and 4+ today.  Storms rolling through and then supposed to be a steamy weekend.  Well, steamy for here.  I know, I know, we are wimps.  But I am certainly not looking forward to running “long” at 8am on Saturday when it’s supposed to be close to 80* with 70* dewpoint.  I guess I should say “shuffle” cuz that is what I will be doing!!

Liz – wow, sounds like a pretty intense massage.  Hope you get to have lunch with your brother.  Whatever shall you do this weekend as a single gal??  LOL

Ginny – good to see you pop in.  Exciting about the kitchen remodel!  How are the kit kats handling that?

Margaret – that is so great of you to work the WS aid station.  Thanks for the story highlights!  Me thinks I will have to do some Googling and follow along.

Cathy – great run yesterday!  Oh man, Summerfest sounds LOVELY!!  Oh, man, I’m exactly the same re: getting cold after a run.  I am FREEZING right now in the office in a short sleeve – I forgot to bring a fleece!!  I need to remember and just keep it here.  Like you, the days I run, I am FAR colder once I cool down.

Karen – what a fun adventure you have been on!  That’s good you two still like hanging out LOL  But, especially beneficial in those close quarters.

Oh, for you readers – I’ve been reading a LOT.  Finished The Tatooist of Auschwitz – so good!  And, also On Fire.  My sister lent it to me.  It’s a memoire of sorts but sorta self-helpy which I wasn’t sure I would like.  The author was burned in a fire when he was 9 and it really is a lot about his story, too.  I REALLY enjoyed it.

Okay, that’s all for now.  Back to manually inputting 800+ networks into a system.  Nothing but a trained monkey some days.  Le sigh.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, turning off the baby maker, HAH!!!  Love ice cream cakes - the total ice cream kind, not the ones with regular cake and ice cream.

Sue, yesterday sounds like a lovely day, jealous.  As a kid I used to go out to the back yard to pick berries and grapes.  We lived in the country and had more than anyone could eat.

Margaret, so jealous of your aid station.  You're around mile 86 or so?  Have a fab time.

Cathy, 9m/m, I have never seen that quick other than a fluke 5K once.

Sandy, I was a monkey at my previous place for what, 18 mo?  Loved it in all honesty.  Good pay with little stress.  Now I make the same pay, and whoa, so different.

Today I have off, kinda.  I have a continuing education dinner tonight.  NOT looking forward to it, but I need 2 more hours this year and this fits the bill.  It is on Glaucoma.  I HATE eyes.  Meeting my medical director early so we can go over some unclear protocols at work.

Off to Dick's to spend my $50 in store credit.  Socks, gels, and whatever else seems good.  And I have $20 rewards to spend too.

Overslept (can you do that really on your day off?)  But it is now 85 and sunny, no breeze I can see.

Happy Thursday all,

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Susan – I loved the photos that you were tagged in on FB. It looks like you were having such a great time with DGD!

Margaret – Have a great time this weekend! How fun. I am with you and Sandy, I didn’t like coconut as a kid either. I don’t think many kids do! Hope you had a good run today!

Cathy – You crushed that run yesterday. Nice job! Aw, happy to hear yesterday was fun. HCF mentioned it a few times 😊 LOL at the Blizzard! Yes, I thought they turned it upside down everywhere? Mmmm. Now I am really craving a Reese’s blizzard. What kind did she get? No big plans for me while HCF is gone – having dinner with my MOH but that is about it.

Sandy – Nice running this week! Perfect entry to your training plan. WOOT! Oh man, of course its going to be hot. I wouldn’t consider you a wimp for not wanting to run in 70 dewpoint. YUCK. Sorry work has been so brutal. Any fun plans this weekend besides the training run? No crazy single gal plans for me. Maybe something will come up last minute. It will be nice to have the bed to myself without any snoring 😊 Hang in there with the work stuff!

Kathryn – Ah, see, I am the opposite! I like the ice cream cakes that have some cake in them 😊 Nope, oversleeping is not possible on your day off 😊 Ugh on the dinner. Have fun at Dicks….hehe 😉

Have a good afternoon/evening!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lizzie, the move, whenever it happens, will be permanent. I’m hoping to move on the same floor or at least close to where I am. 

Today 45 minutes TM running, then 25 minutes on the bike. Golf in the afternoon. Nap when I got home. DC loves to golf so I go along and tough it out. 

Happy runs, All !

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Honey, I’m home!  RD for me.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strength training. I like the ice cream cupcakes from Cold Stone Creamery.

Arimathea

Tessa

Mmm, ice cream cake. I'm with Liz. Pralines and cream or something similar, preferably involving caramel and toffee pieces. And nuts.

Susan, that honey sounds wonderful. I would be making it into mead!

Margaret, have fun at WS this weekend, thank you for volunteering!

I have been gone a while, sorry -- very little computer time. DD and I went to a convention in Montreal. We are both fans of the sci fi/fantasy writer Diane Duane and there was a gathering of fans last weekend. We had a blast. And I ran up Mount Royal -- all 760 feet of it. They call that a mountain?! My house is more than twice that above sea level!

Getting hot in Los Angeles now...

Kat, I think you would enjoy it at my aid station.  And I would love to have you.  One of these days you'll have to come out.

Sandy, speaking of books, I just finished A Handmaid's Tale.  A riveting read but such an unsatisfying ending, IMO.  Probably going to read something mindless next.  Blergh on being a trained monkey...

Turtles, nice MP miles yesterday.  I always get cold after a run, but it's also not usually very warm here.  Trying to picture a Blizzard turned upside down.  Not succeeding.  

Lizzie, that's neat that your brother and HCF are doing a guys fishing trip together.  Hopefully work doesn't explode tomorrow!

Judy, moving is never fun.  But it a good reason to purge stuff, which I'm bad at otherwise

Damaris, enjoy the RD.

HCK, nice strength work.

Hi Tessa!  Sounds like you've been busy.  I'd scoff at the 760' mountain too.

11 miles for me today.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR