Womens Running

Tough it out TUESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

We can do it!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

6.3 easy miles for me. Heading to body pump this evening.

Very good run. I didn't feel like listening to music so I went sans heaphones. Those always make for good runs. Smile I was ready a little early today (WHAT) so I was going through the plan and planning out my 20 milers. I am going to do 4 again but this time it looks like I am going to have 2 that are back to back. As in a week apart. Never done that before so we will see how that goes. It was either that or I would have to do a 20 3 weeks from now..I think that is too quick! I want this hamstring to be 100%...

Took Ruger to daycare today since it will be a long day. 2nd day in a row! He is going to be POOPED! We still haven't gotten the Santa pictures back! Sad

Laura, I thought of you this morning because I got voted to make a sweet potato casserole (I dont mind) and a desert so I am going to have to go to the grocery store today. BLAH. I am going to go this morning or right after lunch! I am dreading it.

Hi Ginny! Don’t worry, we know you will return to running. Hehe.

Kilmisters – My mom instilled that in me when I was a kid – size on the clothes doesn’t matter. If you go by the size and it doesn’t fit correctly, it can make you look bigger! I always try and remember that when I am a size 2 one place and 6 in another. Ok, I LOL’d about you mapping the mall because I do THE SAME THING! I do that in the grocery store, too. Because again, that is how much I hate people! Haha. Nothing wrong with that! And you are right – some items are hard to order online. My family sends a word document with LINKS of what we want. So all we have to do is “add to cart” Smile Nice run last night! I love running in the dark..I was noticing Christmas decorations this morning and its cool to see them in the windows. Running on tired legs is a really good thing..you know that Smile It sucks while doing it but its worth it. OH on the name..I am not sure why they don’t tell. I think they just want to keep at least one thing to themselves.

Run4kupcakes – That is quite the incentive! I would do that! I would do it for double gas points!

Tessa – YES! I like your outlook on the Thanksgiving food. Everyone should enjoy and there should be options for everyone. Totally get that.

Congratulations on a great race!!! I love your race reports. I LOL’d at the COWS! Just random on a trail to me. The fact that you were confused on where the race trail was is the number 1 reason I can’t do it. I would get LOST like no other! I sometimes feel lost on a marathon course when there aren’t volunteers showing me the way. Not only that, but you finished this race in the DARK. That is hard!! I would have panicked even with the headlamp (which was awesome that you got to borrow one!). You are awesome! Congrats again!!! Glad you decided to do it!

Docket – YAY on adopting Bugsy! LOL at Tessa’s comment!

Cathy - Thought of you last night when I was on the elliptical. I had some time to kill before the abs class so I did 30 minutes..AWFUL. Kudos to you for getting up early to do it!

Okay. Have a great day everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

dhuffman63

Trails

Just another quick hi.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lizzie, we never told anyone what names we had picked because we didn't want anyone's opinions. When DS was born, we just said who he was. End of story. 

Monday I started out with a 45 minute dvd cardio workout. The hike turned out to be a very cold one with a pretty high wind. Being in woods helped a lot. It was a steep climber 1.6 miler but at least we stayed warm because of it.

Today I’m planning some quick shopping errands, then a run down in the park.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

5 miles this morning.  Nice and cool.  Smile

Wow Tessa!  I can't imagine.  I have run a trail race at night with a headlamp. ....I am kind of a fraidy cat and was a little nervous about animals, but so many people were out I figured they were all gone due to the noise.  Great job!

Maybe work will start to calm down for a couple of days.  All the training manuals have shipped, I have a little writing to do + rehearse my class presentations.  Whew!  I will be SO glad when this is over.

Did I tell you -- granddaughter will be "Ann Marie"  sweet.

Have a great day!

Seloc

Rest day for me.  The wind was howling and I have a killer sore throat.  Well, those are my lame excuses for the day.  In reality, I’m just a lazy piece of crap that needs to get her sheet together STAT!  Dealing with a most annoying customer who is rude to me due to my gender.  That’s always fun.  Yes, there are still WAY TOO MANY insecure men out there.

Cathy – awww congrats to DD on 2nd and a good time!  Loved the pics on Insta!  LOL I’m not surprised EB is too big for you.  It’s seriously redic on the sizing.  I’ve gone down two sizes and the scale has risen a couple pounds??  Yep, makes perfect sense.  Yeah, my after work errands are at the WORST possible time the 4-5pm timeframe.  Ugh.  OMG on all the dietary restrictions!

Lizzie – oh dear, let’s hope the babe decides to make an appearance so you do NOT have to be alone with the MAMMEL on Friday!  Look at you going without headphones.  Man, I need to get a schedule together – I’ve barely made any progress on my spreadsheet.

Elina – oh there is plenty of beer just no food!  Can’t buy beer/wine/alcohol in the grocery here in MN.  The liquor store is actually a must easier errand since it’s a smaller store and right down the street LOL  Nice shakeout run yesterday!

HCK – nice run and good deals at the grocery!

Tessa – awesome RR as always!  OMG does that sound challenging.  Great the woman lent you her headlamp.  I still can’t believe you drove 4 hours after that!!

Damaris – awwww congrats on Bugsy!  LOVE the name!  LOL at Tessa – I wouldn’t have made the connection name/parasites LOL

I’m having an ocular migraine – well at least that’s what the Google calls it.  Where your vision has a line in it and gets wonky.  Doesn’t happen that often but it is MOST annoying trying to type.  Waving to everyone else!

LC Runs

Good Morning!

I managed 4 TM miles today, wasn't too bad.  I also went grocery shopping early today (went in to work late) so that is checked off of the list thank goodness.  I have also decided to leave work a few hours early tomorrow so I am not so rushed and stressed.

Lizzie - great run!  I LOVE sweet potato casserole, it IS like dessert!!  I had Walmart basically to myself this morning, was awesome!!

HI Diane - **waves**!!

Judy - I like that you kept the name to yourself, people are too free with their opinions, which are usually negative when it comes to baby names LOL

Tessa - wow, what a great race report!!

Sue - nice 5!  Baby's name is super cute and will work for child and adult!

Sandy - thanks for the sweet words yesterday!  I actually never went out after work, I had no real reason, DS game was cancelled and the weather was pretty nice, I just didn't feel like it LOL.  Ugh on the ocular migraine, sounds awful and double Ugh on the rude male customer!!

Damaris - congrats on the kitty!!

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Tuesday!  Continuing to rest today, the foot was a little sore yesterday but feels good today.  I did my PF exercises this morning.  I am getting the stitches out of my arm tomorrow morning, maybe I will run tomorrow night!  

Lizzie, planning out the 20 milers... always fun!    I was reading in Runner's World about a woman that worked with a coach and did only one 20 miler, but a lot more goal pace type long runs.  She PR'd her marathon.  Of course, they didn't have any details about the plan that she followed!  Baby watch still going on, eh?  I would like sweet potato casserole, but most people in the family don't like sweet potatoes!

Diane, hi!    Hope you are doing well!  I trip a lot on trails also.  My RB was counting how many times both of us were tripping during our last race.

Sue, Ann Marie is a beautiful name.  I like "classic" names.  

Sandy, I don't blame you for not running.  The wind this morning was brutal!  I didn't really enjoy walking the dogs with DD last night with the wind either.  DD is usually pretty gung-ho about it, but she even wanted to cut the walk short.    I am still not sure about Instagram, I am giving it a try.    Ugh, that type of migraine sounds awful!  Hope you feel better!  I can't believe there are still people out there that are rude because you are a woman.

Laura, 4 miles sounds good to me!  

Damaris, congrats on Bugsy!

Tessa, those food issues are just the in-laws!  My side of the family is the opposite, everyone eats everything.    Wow, that 50K was an adventure.  It's hard to believe that you have never run on the trails in the dark, with all the ultras you have done!  I would be scared.  Congrats on #31 and closing out the year on a high!  That was a really long day.

Elina, it was funny, during the 5K, on one of the hills there was a boy a little older than DD walking.  He looked and saw DD coming and started running.  But he had to stop and walk again.  We kept passing him.  Finally we got ahead of him and stayed ahead.  To DD's credit, she just kept running her pace and didn't take the bait.     I would love to run at night.  I don't get to do it often!  I have to settle for very early morning, which I guess is somewhat similar.  

Cathy

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Pilates and 6 with 2 @ MP tonight.

Lizzie, never felt the need of not listening to music, ha.  Nice run.

Judy, enjoy the park and errands.

Diane, quick hi back!

Susan, nice 5!

Sandy, I hate assholes like that.  Enjoy the rest day.

Laura, nice 4.

cathy, enjoy the rest and glad the foot is feeling better.

Tessa, ha, ha.  We actually named him Bugsy Siegel a few months ago, but it fits now. Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Tough it out, wish I had...  It was a lovely day for a run here.

Lizzie, planning is fun, executing isn't always as much.  Not surprised day care was busy, it will be all week with people getting ready for the holidays and not wanting the beasts around.  The grooming salon at work was jam packed on Sunday and apparently will be for at least the next month.  Gotta get those pups looking pretty for company.

Hi Diane!!  Hope you are well.

Judy, enjoy your errands and run.

Sue, good luck with your work stuff.  Agreed, Ann Marie is a pretty name.

Sandy, that migraine sounds scary.  What an annoying man you had to deal with.  Ugh.  Your excuse not to run today was far better than my lame ones.

Laura, nice you are able to leave work early to get started on things.

Cathy, good to rest if your foot is sore.

Damaris, did Bugsy have stomatitis?  Did they extract most of his teeth??  That is super helpful for them, so much more comfy.  Congrats on making the 10K your bitch, I laughed at that.

Eline, happy day late independence day!

Hi Ginny!!  Glad to have you pop in!

HCK, my old grocery store used to give away free turkeys too.

Tessa, Sporonox (name brand Itraconazole) is supposed to be superior to the generic Itraconazole, but considerably more expensive.  Lime sulfar dips are NASTY and I haven't done them in a long time.  (If your vet recommends bathing, why don't they carry the dip???)  There are some topicals if the lesions are localized that can help in addition to the orals.  What a pain.

Went out for a short run, turned into an even shorter walk.  Got close to my turn around spot and there was a loose dog.  It was quite scared of me and I was quite cautious of him.  He kept looking around at me as he was trotting away.  Decided to turn around so as not to scare him more and have him bolt into traffic.

After 8 yrs of running (really, 8 yrs??) I lost my first toenail - my big toe so it is quite noticeable.  It is remarkably not painful.  Just looks a bit gross.

Was supposed to have a coworker over for Thanksgiving dinner.  Bought a huge ass turkey and things for stuffing, potatoes, and gravy.  Got home and a few hours later my running friends messaged me inviting me to dinner.  Of course I made plans with my friend, so going wasn't on the books.  Though I decided it was a good idea to confirm.  Her sister apparently is throwing a fit wanting her to come, so she opted to cancel. So that left me with a HUGE turkey to cook and no time to cook it......  (I work Saturday again.)  So I spent yesterday afternoon/evening cooking up poor Tommy.   He was done so late, I didn't even get to nibble on him.  Also haven't made the gravy yet.

That is it.  Gonna go carve up a few slices of turkey and have some stuffing - all sans gravy as I don't feel like making it yet.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Kilmisters

HK-2, so you have to spend $250 to get free stuff? In what period of time?

Judy, Tessa, good point - people offering their (unwanted) opinions is a good reason to not reveal the name. We had two options both starting w K and weren't sure until (almost) the last moment, so it was just K Smile

Tessa, trails in the dark, omg, that's scary sounds like a shortcut to injury.

Sue, that's a very cute name for your granddaughter!!

Cathy, I bet early morning running is nice too (not that I've tried Big grin), probably pretty much the same. Today my colleague described those that run at/before 7am as psychos - as you can guess she's in team evening running Smile That's so funny about you passing the little kid w/o taking the bait Smile Kill them slowly but confidently, as a prominent hockey expert would say Big grin

Laura, will leaving work a bit early tomorrow help you to avoid all the masses of people at stores or is it just for time saving purposes?

Sandy, ugh, have you ever had the migraine before? Sounds scary! Take care! Not surprised there's no shortage of beer supplies Smile The liquor store concept annoyed the crap out of us (me and my friend) in NJ. We're just so used to get everything at the same store here (unless I want the sort of specialized beer one can only get at the small shop in the middle of nowhere, which also happens to be near my house Big grin). Hockey eve? No problem, grab your snacks/beer/whatever at one spot and go.

Lizzie, mapping the store is the only way of getting out of that place w some remains of sanity. And when someone tries to interfere w the outlined ''course'' it's always ''fine, go where you want; I'll wait in the car'' Smile Nothing wrong w sending links for Christmas gifts! And no headphones? Oh boy. I am so used to them that when my phone battery died after 1 mile (of a planned 4-miler) I tried to just suck it up and run w/o music, but the ''uuuuhm NOPE'' moment came after... Well... A minute Big grin Just turned around and walked home! Big grin Speaking of sanity, back to back 20milers?!? Big grin

Holy crap, this day. First working day of the week and everything's happening/burning/changing/(insert panicky verb here) already. So much to do and the amount of meetings (well, useful ones at least) that will interfere w planning the workflow, just ugh... At this point it's just clear that such weeks are the norm not outliers. But I was warned about this when offered the job.

Floorball practice today, the ''real feel'' temp - 25 degrees, which could make for a good warmup run. Have a meeting tomorrow (1pm), 4 calculations, for one of which I only got data today and, of course, w all the shit that hit the fan I had no time to even open the file. Two options - saying : sorry, 1.5 days is not sufficient; especially given it's the start of the week; second - trying something this eve. Wouldn't even consider the second if not for my ever-present evening/night productivity (my ''time zones'' simply work that way Big grin), so in this case will try to put together at least something after the practice (so, 10:30pm).

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Kilmisters, I think it is a 6-8 week period. It's pretty easy for me to spend $50 on a grocery trip if I am getting most of the stuff I need for the week.

Arimathea, that race sounds tough. I have enough trouble on streets after dark, trails would be scary.

KatS, you couldn't even eat the skin off the turkey? That's my absolute favorite part when it comes out of the oven.

LC Runs

Cathy - glad the foot is doing better, hope you get to run tomorrow!!

Hi Damaris!!

Kat - ugh on the co worker cancelling last minute.  Can you still go with your running friends?

Elina - I should be done going to the store before Thursday.  Leaving will give me more time to get a few things done around the house and prep some of the food.  I am meeting my BRF and her hubs Thanksgiving morning for a run so this will give me more time (BFs family is coming over around noon).

Kupcakes - hope you have a great turkey day!!

Arimathea

Tessa

Cathy, laughing about the lad looking back, seeing a girl younger than him approaching, and trying hard to keep ahead of her. I see the same thing in races when some guy realizes he's just been passed by an old lady -- I'm probably 80-90% silver and when they see a gray head pass them their masculinity is apparently in peril. Good for her for not speeding up, especially since she passed him later.

Elina, you are starting your week, most of us are off Thursday and Friday. Does Latvia have a harvest festival day? I would guess most cultures in the northern hemisphere mark the end of the harvest season and the beginning of the dark months.

Diane, I found plenty of the rocks in the daytime but I was more scared of them at night.

Kat, laughing at you cooking the turkey in a hurry before Thursday! Hope you do get to make the gravy and eat some of the food.

I need to go to Costco shortly and pick up their meds. I will try Petsmart for the lime sulphur (not looking forward to that) and if they don't have it I will order it online. Thanks for the tip on the oral meds.

Have to run out so hi everyone -- 6 miles this morning.

Docket_Rocket

Kathryn, yeah, he had stomatitis and I think they extracted 3 teeth but he already didn't have many left.  He is not eating which is worrying me, but Richard just texted he got him table scraps and he wolfed them down. Which means he does not like the wet food I put out.  Great, a picky stray, lol.  Enjoy that turkey up and maybe still go to your friends'.

Elina, good luck tomorrow!

HalfCrazy, hiya!

Tessa, nice 6.  Good luck with the meds!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page