Womens Running

Thursday (dailies) (Read 16 times)

Kilmisters

/shrug/ didn't have any title ideas.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Didn't sleep well so I skipped spin class. The extra zzzzs helped.

Cathy--I read yesterday's post and thought it said "my water broke"!!  Hope your water HEATER is back in business. 

DH still has his tail tucked btwn his legs--I'm cooling down

Later!!

Kilmisters

Sue, that's frustrating. Unless you have some video in a back-page somewhere, or auto-refresh for email (that is constantly receiving medium/large-sized attachments) the bandwidth spent is very minimal. I bet DH was frustrated re: smth else internally and just found a way to release it somewhere. Hopefully rest of the day was calmer and tire can be dealt with.

Cathy, good luck with pre-race taper! That is indeed a nice gesture from XDH.

Soooo, it seems like we'll be entering ''green zone'' after end of this lockdown; meaning, (with certain mild restrictions) stuff will be open for vaccinated people, but tightened even more for non-vaccinated (no curfew hours, tho; at least I didn't see any mention of them in any of the articles or press releases). Even floorball season could re-start for those vaccinated (altho, I think it's a very bad idea; despite being excited to return to the rink).

Regardless of that, I am VERY happy my frustration hit the peak last week and I booked the Tallinn trip. I couldn't sanely live like this for another week (not exaggerating); levels of apathy and ''meh'' mood are superhigh, no willingness to stay awake for a single minute more than needed etc. For the Tallinn trip, HOWEVER, I have already planned:

- MLR on Saturday that will certainly include seaside!!

- going on random evening runs without pre-planning the course, just using ''back to start'' feature on Garmin

- 2 must-visit Estonian craft bar places!

- watching Formula-1 in a sports bar on Sunday (I did my research!)

- lunch at 5th best burger place in Europe (or delivery from there if work is too busy)

- meeting my Latvian buddy/ex-colleague on Friday for lunch

...and certainly tons of spontaneous plans that will be made on the go!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Morning! RD for me. In the office today.

Elina, hoping the green zone starts soon. I don't mind restricting things for the unvaccinated. At this point, people should know better. My mom cannot eat at a restaurant in PR because only vaccinated people can. I'm like, good. She is still a no on the vaccine because she has "god's vaccine" I kid you the fuck not.

Susan, sorry about the lack of sleep. I am sure yesterday's events did not help.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Little birdie (FB) noted it is Laura's BIRTHDAY!!  Have a fabulous day!!!

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

LC Runs

Hello, Happy Thursday and yes, Happy Birthday to Me LOL 

No exciting birthday plans that I know of... business as usual around here. 3.1 miles this morning and then work.  So far, the day is not too bad lol.

Elina - I'm glad the restrictions are lifting, at least somewhat.

Sue - so frustrating about DH and the car, I would be so annoyed.  And, I doubt you're really using significant amounts of bandwidth,  Sometimes men are just...men LOL

Damaris - I just roll my eyes at some people and their anti vax stance.  There are 1/3 of our office (4/12) not vaccinated and pretty sure none of them are going to get it, so I assume they will all be unemployed come January.  Only one is pretty vocal about it and her arguement for not getting vaxxed is just...basically, "everyone with the vaccine will be dead in 5 years and no one is going to force her or her kids to get it" blah blah.  I really like her otherwise and honestly, I think she really just wants to not have to work. She wrote in her letter to HR about her plans not to get vaccinated, "if you're going to let people go for this, just tell me now and I'll leave now".  I don't remember any other vaccines causing this much drama - I had to get the Hep B series back in the day because I was working with the public and I can't recall anyone having big tantrums over it.  Flu shots have always been highly recommended since I work with vulnerable people and most employees did/do that.

Kat - THANK YOU!!!

Docket_Rocket

Happy Birthday, Laura!!!!  If I was HR, I would tell her to pack her bags already. And reprimand her for spouting shit like that at work. And this is why I don't supervise anyone, lol. I won't be sorry if they end up jobless for their stupid and wrong drivel.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LC Runs

Thanks, Damaris!!  Luckily, since we are not in the office regularly or with each other, she keeps her vocalizations limited to me and a couple of other people.  She was shocked when I told her my entire household (all the kids included since they're over age 16 and BF) got the vaccine, she thinks we'll all be dead soon.  Like, really?  Your chances of dying from Covid are way higher than from a vaccine. How are we not past that yet?  Now, I better not die before 5 years LOL.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Birthday, Laura!  RD for me today, and I guess it will be a total RD.  Kind of unusual for me.    I've been busy packing, have a short run tomorrow morning and then I will be on the road to Indy!  I'll be making the trip alone, TF has to do dad duty this weekend.  But talkative RB and his girlfriend are going to be there to cheer and we will meet up for dinner after the race on Saturday.  Hoping also to see Damaris at the expo!

Sue, glad that things are better with you and DH!  Ha, XDH did that with my new car once, ran into a curb and I had to get a new tire.  lol on the water breaking...

Kupcakes, interesting about your HR.  I hope you are feeling better.

Elina, I don't like running in the afternoon/evening, so I guess I admire you.     That is great that you have the trip to plan for and to look forward to!

CC, nice that you will have DD vaccinated soon.

Damaris, enjoy the RD.  Hope to see you soon!

Cathy

Docket_Rocket

Thanks, Damaris!!  Luckily, since we are not in the office regularly or with each other, she keeps her vocalizations limited to me and a couple of other people.  She was shocked when I told her my entire household (all the kids included since they're over age 16 and BF) got the vaccine, she thinks we'll all be dead soon.  Like, really?  Your chances of dying from Covid are way higher than from a vaccine. How are we not past that yet?  Now, I better not die before 5 years LOL.

Don't worry, at the pace she is going, she might be the one to die in less than a year.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Damaris, enjoy the RD.  Hope to see you soon!

Cathy

Woohoo! FYI, my running group has a tent near the finish line so we could meet there if we don't see each other before!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

LC Runs, hope you are having a very happy birthday!

If I had a brain, I'd be dangerous. While vacuuming this morning I backed up and tripped over the cord.  The left upper arm and shoulder took the jolt, but have at least calmed down. If I keep the arm gently bent, I can even type.   I think I could even run this way by tomorrow morning. Our runner perspectives are weird, aren't they? 

Sue, the first "ding" on a new car is always the hardest thing. DS once "dinged" his new car paint while trying to put a computer into the back seat.

The vax thing just goes on and on. I'm awaiting the call for my booster. I found it easier to keep wearing a mask outside my apartment since it is so hard to keep up with where and when to put it on. Many years ago when the polio vaccines came out, EVERYONE was willing to get them. The presence of "iron lungs" was scary.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

FUCKING SHIT.

My last Pilates equipment piece shipped and scheduled for delivery on the 9th. So, the only fucking day I'm in the office and the guy calls that he is there and where to leave it. So it's now in front of the house, a box that weighs 98lbs with no cars blocking visibility. At least it's heavy. Normally they put it inside. And I hope it does not rain. I just asked to leave early if I can.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Walkthrough complete and scheduled to close on Wednesday! Still a few things need done, like some cleaning and  exterior paint touch ups, and the one big thing - lawn and landscaping. That was supposed to happen yesterday but with all the rain they delayed it until tomorrow. It all looks really good, and this contractor does much higher quality work than DR Horton (who built our last house). When we were done, our realtor and I hung out and talked running for awhile. She was telling me about her 100th marathon. And she convinced me to do the local Turkey Trot, which is next weekend, and then go out to breakfast with her group of running friends.

After that, we dropped our extra car at her house to stay while we move from place to place between now and closing. I was going to run this afternoon but we are out of dog food so I have to run to the store, plus it’s cold and windy and I am tired. 

COVID booster update - sore arm/neck/shoulders for a day and a half and a headache for a day. About the same as shot #2.

Damaris, nobody’s gonna steal a 100 lb box - I think you’ll be okay. 

Cathy, so excited for you. Safe travels tomorrow and run fast Saturday! Excited to see just how big of a BQ cushion you get.

Laura, happy birthday!

Judy, oh no! Glad you are okay after the tangle with the vacuum.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Hey, I come from the land where they would rent or get a truck to steal a 100lbs box!

But alas I took a 1 hour of vacation time to get here early and put it in the garage.

Damaris

Fundraising Page