Womens Running

It's Finally Friday! (Over 40) (Read 19 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday I did 35 minutes of cardio after doing some errands. Everything has been so screwed up this entire week. However, it has been good to be out of the routine.

Today I will do cardio after getting the car. New keys since lock had to be changed. Simple keys ($20 variety) at least.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Morning. I'm dressed to run but I'm waiting for them to take my car back first. I can run while they are fixing it. Check engine light came on. I'm getting a new car but this needs to be fixed first. Since it is an emission part it is covered under federal mandate.

there is a park down from here so I can run there if this is going yo take long big not I will just run at home so we will see.

Marjorie

camille2

Good morning!

Good luck this weekend, Demaris and Karen!  Enjoy Disney!

Lisa, bummer on the wrong size shoe-just another of those little hassles that eat time. It's nice they helped you pick a shoe though.

Marjorie,  yes, that is too much for my mom to lose. She's 112 now.  She lost about 10 a couple years ago, but it had been stable for a year. Unfortunately, I've picked up the lbs.  It's hard (for me) to be there with high cal foods and not eat them. I'm at my never go past weight again so will buckle down.  : )

It was pretty nice here again yesterday so I walked outside again.  I was fine with walking up the hill, but it was really hard not to run down. : )   I biked at gym and did exercises, too.

I'm off to my mom's again today and tomorrow afternoon, I go to a class by Jenny from Missouri Star Quilt Co. : )  I love her

You Tube tutorials.

Question: PT has said I can bike and use elliptical. I tried the elliptical a few years ago and didn't like it so just used  the treadmill. I guess I could try it again. Is it better to keep me in running shape than biking? At least on the bike, I can read.

LC Runs

TGIF

4 miles on TM, few minutes of planks afterward.

Tessa - hoping to get outside this weekend, have been able to all winter.  But, they are calling for ice to rain tonite so we may be left with a sheet of ice tomorrow ugh.

Judy - this has been a screwy week...one week closer to spring though lol

Marjorie - have a good run!

Camille - I have never used an elliptical but it supposed to be a great workout, let us know how you like it this time!

Good Morning!

Did 7.7 miles of interval training after work yesterday.  By the time I cleaned up, fixed supper and did the dishes I was beat!

Swam 1600 yards this morning.  I actually got my tail out of bed and into the pool.  Yay me!!  Wink

Hi Linda!

Camille--so jealous!   Sounds like a great quilt class!!  Enjoy and please share details later.

Have a great Friday!!

Linda

Good morning ladies:

I have been looking thinking about buying the book Eat & Run, and when I looked up the kindle edition it was only $2.25.  Score!

I'm not running today.  Yesterday's run was awful.  I stopped over and over.  I'm glad to be running, so I didn't mind too much.

Marjorie:  I'm glad your repair is covered.

Hi Judy & Sue

Camille:  Good question about elliptical and bike.  I have to assume that anything (elliptical or bike) will keep you in better shape for running than doing nothing, but I don't think anything will really keep you in the shape you are now for running.  When I'm not running, I tend to do a bunch of nothing, so what do I know?  Try going backward on the elliptical for a change.  People love spin, maybe give that a whirl.  Good luck.

LC:  Yea planks!  just kidding Smile

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Just another day. Actually the repair isn't going to be covered but it can wait. I'm also waiting on when my new car will be delivered. If it will be here quickly I'm not going to spend the money to fix it.

Marjorie

runlikeagirl18

I just wanted to jump on to wish Karen and Damaris good luck this weekend! It's been crazy-busy, so I've been running and reading the posts, but no time to post myself. Have a great weekend-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hope your car is all better now Judy!

Camille the Elliptical is more running like.  Neither will be exactly the same as running or keep you ready to go out and run 6 miles as soon as you are healed.  I'd mix and do both.

Laura, what, no squats????

Linda that is a good price!

Marjorie

LC Runs

Ha ha Marjorie - I have been squat-less this week,  My mojo is gone

Hi Cindy,  Sue, Linda.....

annieSusan

Linda, nice to see you back here!

Camille, I use the elliptical in the winter,  as part of my mix. It is not my favorite, so I either listen to podcasts while I am on it,  or I download a movie or TV show onto my tablet and then watch that while I am on the elliptical.

Hi to everyone else!

TM for me today, and it felt great. WAY too icy outside to even contemplate an outside run. At least it's not Novem.... Well, you know.

annieSusan

Went to gym this morning. Warm up, arms, back, chest weight machines then ran 1.35.  Afternoon break in the work gym doing my PT exercises. After work did the Butts &Guts class at Rec center. I think I'll sleep well tonight.

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies.  Late check up.  Did 7 miles tonight.

We leave for Disney tomorrow.  Hoping to hook up with Karen on race day!  Have a great weekend!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page