Womens Running

National Running Day WEDNESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 17 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

YAY!!! National Running Day!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

7.2 for me! Followed by a mile walk with my favorite buddy.

63 and humid out there, but wasn't too bad. Run was good..I am just tired. Glad I was out there on National Running Day, though! Smile Oh, thanks to those who mentioned walking when a dog starts charging after you - it happened to me this morning again (Cutest dog EVER - half dalmatian half something else). Once I started walking he wasn't interested anymore Smile

Lots to do today. Going to a doctors apt with HCF at about 3. He had an echo cardiogram on his heart and this is the follow-up apt. This should be the last one and then he will go to once a year appointments.

I have a lot of wedding stuff I need to start doing. Table numbers? Guestbook? Wedding favors? WTH. I don't feel like doing that. LOL.

Margaret - I was thinking about you on my run this morning. I hope you are recovering well from last weekend! But, knowing you, you are probably racing again this weekend Wink

Happy Wednesday! This week is lasting forever.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I normally have an RD on National Running Day but not this year!  7 miles tonight.

Still waiting on the fucking Indy job.  After all the rush, now it's silent.  Come on.  I'm counting...

Liz, nice run.

Damaris

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy National Running Day!  7 miles for me with intervals, 8x200 and 4x400.  I was supposed to do them at 7:13 pace so I set my watch to aim for 7:00-7:30 pace.  I felt like I was all over the place, particularly for the shorter intervals.    60's, drizzly and humid for my first speedwork day of marathon training, which is appreciated.    The sun did come out at the end, which was nice.  5th grade graduation ceremony for DD tonight!  For older DD they had a recorder concert during the graduation, which was kind of hilarious.  I think they are doing "bucket drums" this year.  

Liz, nice 7!  Big change from yesterday's weather.  I figured it was coming since we hit 80 degrees yesterday.  I love when dogs start barking and running towards me behind fences.  It scares the crap out of me early in the morning.    At least now I have a good idea which houses have dogs so I can prepare.    Usually I slow down and start talking to the dog and it calms down.  DD likes to race the dogs on the other side of fences.  Hope HCF's appt goes well!  Doesn't your mom want to do some of that wedding stuff?    I think men have an advantage with weight loss also because they don't have the monthly hormonal thing going on...

Damaris, enjoy the 7!  I hope you hear something about the Indy job.

Hi Karen!  Nice 6 in the heat.  Now I am curious about what you wrote to me.  

Sue, the HS dinner could be interesting!  The years do go quickly.  

Kat, the blister sounds gross.    I generally leave mine alone.  But I have heard other people say that they mess around with them.    Gatorade slushies?  That actually sounds good!

Sandy, sorry that the RIPPED workout didn't excite you too much.    I get an image of the incredible Hulk when I read RIPPED.  I've had big dogs (off leash) jump on me and the owner says, "It's OK, he's friendly!"  Yeah, but I still don't want your giant dog jumping on me!    I won't mention to DD that you said that she can come stay with you.    I don't think she is considering the time that she will be by herself while we run.  Or maybe she thinks she can just sleep in.  That's what the family normally does when I run.    Uh oh, a really sad book?  I don't know if I am up for that.  I may have to have a funny book ready to go!

Tessa, if you are reading, my neighbor's son brought home a baby kitten, not more than a couple weeks old.  The litter was abandoned near the son's girlfriend's house.  They did not ask my neighbor and she is allergic to cats.  I don't think he realized how much work it is to take care of a baby kitten that is not weaned!  My neighbor is afraid she will be stuck taking care of the kitten.  

Cathy

Anonymous Guest

I'm not running today. Storms started around 5 am this morning and are supposed to continue all day. Probably 4-5" rain before done. Seems like a good day for no running. Maybe the bike or a kettlebell workout or both. DH is working from home today and somehow that has turned into him moving a couple of vacation days and us planning a quick trip to Oregon to look at some potential second home opportunities. He went to a seminar at ExMob on the subject and one thing they said was buy before you retire because it makes the financing much easier if you're still working. He's been looking at a lot of different places and then he just happened on some stuff that checked all the boxes up near Ashland. Could be issues we can't tell online, but could be perfect. I found an airbnb that I think is right next door to one of the places we're interested in and booked it for a weekend in July, right before my group starts up.

Liz, at this point, any temperature that starts with a 6 is a good day to run in my book. Hope the doc appt for HCF goes well.

Damaris, enjoy the run. And c'mon Indy!

Everyone from the last two days, insightful and witty comments that were lost in my internet fail yesterday.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, hoping for a clean bill for HCF.  Good luck with all the non-fun things associated with the wedding.

Damaris, anxious for you too!!!

Cathy, I messed with the blister last night...  Gatorade slushies indeed rock on a hot day.

Karen, where in Oregon are you going to??  (Oops, reread - Ashland area...)  Lots of rain last night here.

BUSY day again yesterday, but I remarkably left on time.  Today looks busy as well.

Think today is a pass on a shortie run, have a headache.  Hoping it goes away before work.  Maybe lie down for a few.

Happy running day to you all.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

45 minutes TM running then 35 minutes spinning.  It's a good thing the TV is entertaining. I also have a favorite little dog that comes to visit me in the mornings.

Lots of thunderstorms right now and there have been a lot this season. Usually we don't have nearly this much. Climate change. 

Happy runs and walks and bikes and whatever. 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

GREAT news from the heart doc, HCF's heart function is back to normal! NORMAL!! It wasn't expected to considering what happened. He is doing better than expected! All great things. He is meant to be here to marry me Smile Hehe.

Docket - I think about you quite frequently throughout the day and check the forums to see if there is any news!

Cathy - NICE run today!! Yay for first speed work run of the marathon training plan! How did you like using the pace function on the watch? I know that isn’t your favorite Smile Congrats to DD for graduation! Drums sound better than a recorder Smile Oh yes, hormones. Ugh. I wish my mom would do a lot more wedding stuff, YES! LOL. She is dealing with my grandpa’s stuff right now so I don’t think I can really ask for help at this moment. She is going through a lot! Right now she is cleaning up his condo and trying to get it on the market. Aw, on the kitten! Pets are A LOT of work! And I get “dog mom guilt” all the time when I am not home. I can only imagine what its like with kids, ha.

Karen - How EXCITING about Oregon! Wow. What a change from TX! Would you eventually make that your “forever home”? I want to see the homes, BTW Wink July is the perfect time to go there! Smile Must be something in the air…HCF and I are meeting with a builder tomorrow about some land. This is the same piece of land we saw last year but didn’t jump on. HCF wasn’t on board yet - he is now! The homes in our neighborhood are selling like CRAZY! I think it gave him the fever. We will see how it goes and if its something we can afford.

Kathryn - Hope work was busy today - busy makes the time go by faster Smile I hope you felt better as the day went on!

Judy - When I first read, I thought you did 45 minutes of sleeping after your run Smile Be safe in the thunderstorms! We have had quite a bit today, too.

Have a great evening!

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

No running for me today. I've been told to scale it back significantly (like an hour max three times a week). It's depressed me to the point where I don't see why I should even bother.  (I suck at short distances and find no joy in them but look at them solely as a means to an end) As result I've been shying away from social media. ALL my friends are runners and currently training for marathons or ultras.  Hubby doesn't understand despite him being a runner. In fact he's elated.

At least my toenails may grow back.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Anonymous Guest

The rain finally let up and it was cloudy and 75 degrees, which is about as good as it gets here at this point, so I went out and just ran 4 miles. I went to Costco before the run and ran a few errands after. Between all that and booking the airbnb, flights, rental car, parking and one night at a hotel (flight gets in at 11:30 pm and it's a several hour drive, so we're staying by the airport that first night), I had a busy day! Oh, can't forget to book the kennel.

Cathy, yay on the speedwork. I feel the same way about pace being all over the place, especially on the short intervals. Have fun at graduation!!

Kathryn, hope the headache went away and you're busy but not too busy at work.

Judy, ugh on all the thunderstorms. It seems like last summer it took forever to actually feel like summer there too (at least by Ginny's standards!).

Liz, that is awesome awesome news from HCF's doctor!

If this link works, this is the place we're staying at and similar to what we're looking for. About a mile to the Pacific Crest Trail and a whole bunch of trail running. Tiny house/mobile home kind of place. We are planning on keeping our current house and being here probably 8 months out of the year, and then going up there like June-September. The tiny house would be our base of operations for summer travel in the van. We'd also put it on airbnb when we're not there. We were looking at ski areas thinking that would rent well when we're not there, but this looks pretty good and they do rent some in the winter. Plus we could rent it out while we're there some and just go somewhere in the van. So much to see and do in that part of the country. The seminar guy said you just need to rent it at least once a year so you can get all the write offs and stuff.

DH says that although the four of us aren't exactly tiny (Huckle is over 50 pounds now and Riley is almost 90), he thinks we can survive in a tiny house. Would probably splurge for the off leash training for the boys. Anyway, lots of positives for the area and not that expensive to buy something small. I hope it works, but am trying to go in skeptical. If nothing else it will be a fun weekend away.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Only news was that my second reference didn't call them back so they asked me for another.   They already talked to him.

Damaris

Hello friends!  Sorry to be MIA, being unable to post from my phone really puts a damper on things.     I'm working from home today, yay!  But it's been a crappy work week, boo.  So hard to return to work after the weekend, which was awesome -- I did my first 100k last Saturday.  A fun but challenging race. Survived mostly intact, although I'm having problems with one of my toes (not to be too gross, but it involves a toenail, fluid, and lancing... )    Race report is in the Trailer Trash group since RRs are a thing there: https://www.runningahead.com/groups/Trailer_Trash/forum/23e9fbbbc9394f7b8e7561edb4e28df8/0?pgctx=00MCBiF5VoP5bHbqqZfxR5CF20

(BTW, Trailer Trash is a great group with nice people, and it's for anyone who likes trails, whether running short or far, walking, hiking, or backpacking.  Other outdoor pursuits are also welcome, such as climbing, camping, and kayaking.  Highly recommended.)

Lizzie, that's amazing that HCF is doing so well!  Your efforts to keep him in line have clearly paid off, I hope he's grateful.  

Karen, if you get a place in OR, you'd better know that I'm going to be a visitor.  I loved running in OR and can't wait to go back.  Ashland is a great spot.  River rafting, theatre, trails.... plus Siskiyou Out Back in July!

Damaris, keeping fingers crossed for the potential new job!  Def a good sign if they're calling references.

Turtles, wow those are speedy intervals!  Nice!

Kat, how is the foot?  From yesterday: with blisters, I wait for the skin on top to dry up a bit and then cut it off.  The area underneath will be a bit tender.

Judy, yikes on the thunderstorms!  At my race last weekend, one of the cool sights was the view of thunderstorms flashing in the distance at night, from an aid station on top of a mountain.

Lori, sorry to hear your running has been curtailed.  What's the reason (sorry if I missed this earlier).

Okay, that's it for me, gotta get some more work done, but I wanted to post before you all went to bed.   Taking a few days off from running, so I'll be celebrating national running day by taking a walk, if my toes feels up to it.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rest day.  Thought we were going to have storms, but nothing. Oh well, I'm tired & sore, so it's needed.

Lizzie, great news about HCF!

Turtles, do you do intervals on the road? Is it flat? My interval paces tend to be all of the place (like sometimes 1 minute per mile variation) based on if it is up or downhill. Last week when I did 800s, they were within 20 seconds, which is consistent for me. I figure the effort is important and also no races here are flat, so may as well try to run fast uphills.

AnonymousGuest, cool cabin!

BerthaSlayer, sorry for the sucky news. Is the cut back a permanent thing or a "see what happens if" type thing? 3 times per week is still worth it for your health. I think as runners, we all sort of gloss over that we do way more than the recommended exercise and it is not always a case of more is better.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

No running for me today. I've been told to scale it back significantly (like an hour max three times a week). It's depressed me to the point where I don't see why I should even bother.  (I suck at short distances and find no joy in them but look at them solely as a means to an end) As result I've been shying away from social media. ALL my friends are runners and currently training for marathons or ultras.  Hubby doesn't understand despite him being a runner. In fact he's elated.

At least my toenails may grow back.

Oh, no!  I must have missed the reason why.  Sorry you have to scale down; hoping it's temporary. Sad

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Liz, great news about HCF!

Damaris