Womens Running

WINTER WEEKEND DIVAS! (Read 17 times)

OJewel

Happy weekend!! Post.

OJewel

I will do my LR, I will do my LR... Not sure why I'm having so much trouble with the LRs this training cycle.

RR- 14 miles after I finish coffee and breakfast.

NRR- up early do get this run done, since I'm supposed to meet a friend for brunch. After that I am planning on getting that mani pedi and hopefully taking a nap. I need to do some work at some point this weekend, maybe tomorrow.

Have a great day!

MA runner girl

Morning Jewel! Good luck with your 14. I think it's this winter. It's so cold, who wants to be running for 2+ hours? You can do it though!

RR: 3 miles yesterday after work. Hoping to go for a walk this afternoon, assuming it's not raining. Maybe it will be flurrying, that would be nice.

NRR: Yesterday work was going just fine, I didn't have any deadlines so I was just getting work done and not stressing. Then 3:00 comes around and I get emails, IMs, phone calls and I end up working until 5 (I'm supposed to work until 3:30...). This has happened at least the last 4 Fridays. Grrr. I'm getting to the point where I just want to be DONE. And I feel like they are still relying on me way too much. What are they going to do in a few weeks when I'm gone!? Sorry for the rant.

NRR2: After work and my run I was so useless. I needed the run to release my stress, but I think it used up any energy I may have had. Today DH and I are off to the last 3 hours of our birthing class. This should be the fun one because we get to see the hospital and do some infant care stuff, instead of just sitting in the uncomfortable chairs. I'm feeling particularly large today, I couldn't even bend down to put my socks on... Roll eyes

Have a great weekend ladies!

PRs: 5k - 22:29, half marathon - 1:47:39

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: Didn't run last night because I felt blah, and we got some freezing rain last night so I'll get my run in a few hours from now.  Yoga later.

NRR: Just felt really blah and frustrated yesterday. I think it was hormonal in part. I even felt frustrated with the wine I bought to drink last night?  I slept well so most of it seems to have passed.

Jewel - Have fun on your LR!

MA - I dislike the last-minute aspect of work a lot. It usually seems preventable, too, if someone upstream had been more on-the-ball. Do you get paid for the extra hours?

NorCal

Hi ladies!

RR. Rest today. Tomorrow I'm running 13. So I should be doing some stretching, rolling, etc today.

NRR. Worked this morning, now relaxing around the house, doing laundry, etc. Tomorrow, after my run, I have a private client at my new office! So excited! I really hope I can build my own clientele so I can not work for others anymore! I am so beyond DONE with my current bosses. There was a situation handled really poorly this week, which cost me 3 hours of work which is about $150 loss for me and I'm really upset about it! Basically, 2 people cancelled their Friday morning appts with me, by emailing the office on Wed morning. Those appts stayed on my schedule, meaning that time was blocked out, until late Thursday night, so no one else was able to book to see me. The worst part is one of the owners has been the one at the front desk, training the new person, so she is responsible! I am demanding that I be compensated, but we'll see...

Last night, we went to dinner with 2 other couples and it was so much fun! We all had a couple of beers and had a great time. I can't believe how much easier it's been to make friends here then where we used to live. So many more like-minded people!

So, that juicer I bought, which was such a good deal? Yeah, total SCAM. I had to cancel my debit card today and submit a fraud claim with my bank. And now I still don't have a juicer!

Jewel- How was the LR!!?? My training hasn't been so great either, but I just gotta stick to it!

MA- Enjoy your last birthing class! so sorry you had to work late on a Friday, that is so unfair! Don't they know you're about to have a BABY!? Come on people!

OWR- Were you still frustrated about your wine after you drank it? That's a bad sign!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

MA runner girl

Morning!

Outwest - I hope you had a better day yesterday! I am salaried, so no I don't get paid for any extra hours.

NC - I'm so glad you are making good friends! Sounds like you had a great time on Friday.

RR: Well it was raining all day long yesterday so that's kinda hard to get motivated for a walk! Will get out for 3 miles at some point today.

NRR: The rest of birthing class was good yesterday, made it all seem so real. DH and I had a rough day, we kept bickering over every little thing. I think we are both scared/stressed about all the changes coming. We talked about it and are going to try to communicate better. Today I'm planning on making a bunch of freezer meals. I have my list of recipes and grocery list ready. Should feel good to get some prep for after baby Smile DH has been working on getting the closet done so that I can start organizing the nursery, but it's taking longer than I anticipated so I probably won't get to do much with that today. Argh.

Have a great day!

PRs: 5k - 22:29, half marathon - 1:47:39

OJewel

Good morning!

outwest- glad a good sleep seemed to cure you! It's bad when you get frustrated with wine Wink

MA-  I'm sure the bickering is just nerves! It's impossible for people at work not to rely on someone when they are still there, haha. Once your on mat leave they'll be ok since they won't be able to contact you! I hope you can get out for your run today.

NC- good luck on your 13 today! glad you're finding it easy to make friends in your new place!

RR- I did the 14 yesterday, wasn't pretty. I decided to try see what the trail looked like and after a half a mile when I was about to turn back since it was so muddy, this dog came running up to me out of nowhere, very aggressive and barking and growling very close to me. I shouted but no one came, I have no idea where his owner was. He had a red harness so he must have had one somewhere. I had to climb up over this stone wall divider that divides the trail and get to the other side where he couldn't see me anymore. Scary! Today I'm going to the gym for XT and weights.

NRR- today I'm not too sure what we're doing. Probably just regular Sunday stuff. I need to run a couple errands and pick up a bit around here. Have a great day!

NorCal

Jewel- Great job on getting your 14 in! That is SUPER scary about the dog though, thank goodness you're ok! Hope today is relaxing!

MA- So sorry about you and DH bickering, I hate that! But you're right, it is usually because of some underlying stressers, so it's good to keep talking. Enjoy your 3 miles today!

RR. Just eating breakfast before heading out! I'm running 4.5 miles, meeting a friend, running 6 with her, and then finishing up by myself. That should help break up the miles nicely!

PRs: 

outwestrunner

Happy Sunday, ladies!

RR: Going for a hike with DBF and Fay in lieu of running today. The OCD in me is okay with this because I can run on M W of this week, which feels more normal. I don't like it when everything gets backloaded in the week.

NRR: The hike will take up most of the day, then relaxing, I guess. DBF and I had a really good dinner last night, which was nice.

Jewel - Wow, that dog sounds not cool. I thankfully haven't had any experiences like that. Glad you got your 14 in, even if it started out not fun at all.

MA - Cold and rainy doesn't get me motivated, either. Have fun cooking all the meals! If I lived closer, I'd volunteer to cook some for you. I love cooking, but then there's all this food I have to eat before I can cook again. :P

NC - I'm feeling better now, I can tell you that. I'm writing last week off as adjusting to being back in the office.  Enjoy your run!

SassySparky

Hey ladies!

RR: I did 11 miles this morning. it was one of my slower LR's but it was still on the training pace recommended by smartcoach! I went to a party last night so it was a little rough.

NRR: I went to a party at my HS friend's house; she had some other HS friends in town for the weekend and it was really nice to catch up with everyone even though I hadn't seen them in 10 years! But it was also my first party in like, 20 months, so I let loose and my body is not used to that! Haha! I really needed a night out though, after this past week. Now I'm actually in the lab doing some reading and writing for this grant that I want to submit. I feel bad, I feel like I haven't spent any time with Big D since he has returned from being out of town. Oh well.

I don't have time for personals at the moment but I'll do them tonight and post tomorrow morning.

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

NorCal

Sassy- How fun to catch up with friends from HS! Glad you had a fun night out, even if your body doesn't agree today. Way to rock your 11 miler! And slower pace for the long runs IS recommended!

OWR- Enjoy your hike! I hope you post pictures!

RR. My 13 went really well! I had to make it 13.1 of course, but I got it just about 2 hours and felt mostly good. A little sore the last 2 miles, but that's to be expected!

PRs: