Womens Running

Frosty Friday Supermoms (Read 352 times)

twinmom_112002

RR: 4 miles after work today before picking the kids up from school.

ER: Plank done (behind my desk again but I should say the I get in at 5:30am and no one else in my building comes in until at least 6:15)

KR: My son is driving me nuts with school. He moved into the gate program this year and can't figure out that he actually needs to do his work to pass. He has skated through until now. As frustrating it is, glad we are battling this now and not when he is in high school where grades count.

KR2: How do you not let your pissed off mood at one bleed over to the others. DS put me in such a bad mood that snapped at the girls. Feel bad about that.

NRR: Thank god its friday. Boring day as all my students are testing. Unfortunately ds has a soccer tournament this weekend so no rest for the weary. Thankfully he is then done with soccer unitl the first week of January.

Bermy: Your coach sounds awesome. Working not only on the speed but the crowds. Bummer about the party.

Patty: Enjoy the shopping? Glad you don't need a new ass warmer. Are you going to have to get the power plug fixed though so you can use it?

runner: I bet once you get going this afternoon that your run will be great. Its just a matter of getting dressed. Everything will fall into place after that. I work mornings as well and understand how hard it is to get going in the afternoon after working a full day.

CMG: You have to post a picture of the penguin house. My youngest is obsessed with penguins and we have had comedy of erros with an inflateable penguin this week.

runnimer: I feel you on the lack of time for  a LSR. If I get out of work on time I might just switch up my run for my LSR. Not sure how much time I will get this weekend...depends on how my ds' team does in the tourny.

mrzm: I bet you ss recipeint will love whatever you get her! Enjoy the special time with your girls.

CT: Wow on those woman at work. What did you say to them? Hope you start to feel better!

jm: Have fun at your race tomorrow! I would totally pass the kiddo off to dh this weekend and catch up on some sleep (can you sleep if the kids are up and in the house?)

Shelby: Yeah on the great runs! Sorry your kiddo is sick. Hopefully it passes quickly and you can still squeeze in a date night this weekend.

CAR: Awesome about the fashion show. As for the ham....what about doing an egg scramble with the ham, peppers and potatos? This is my go to meal almost everyday.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - Your mileage is killer!! I hope you can get your Christmas shopping done!

zorbs - glad the ass warmer still works. Notice how we can type ass on this forum... I think I saw a post with fuck typed out also .. more swearing less spam, I like it!

bermy - I love your speed sessions! Yes protein after a big speed session. I think I'd fall over if I just ate spinach, I need some protein at every meal.

cm - Fun on the penguin house!! I hope the crampiness doesn't lead anywhere quickly!! Does your dr think you'll go early? My rp's doc says she could go anytime - she's due right around xmas.

mzm - I bet your SS will love the gift! Have fun with your girls tonight, sounds great!

mer - I love game night! We are getting together w/ friends on Sunday which will probably be game night.

cx2 - aww I'm sure C will be fine once you go back to work. she will adjust and thrive wherever she is, just enjoy the time with her now.

JM - I agree, the double is heavy! I don't mind it on the flats but any sort of hill kills me.

shel - that's great that your out of your funk. 9 is awesome for a weekday! Poor baby Sad I hope he feels better.

twin - yeah my weekend is a bit the same, which is unusual. I am going to have to actually set an alarm to run long tomorrow.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Trail Monster

Morning! Just doing a quick fly by to say hi. I'm running behind this morning and I got roped into working another evening shift today so I have to go run now! Hope you have a great one all!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Leeleeche

RR - had a great 4 miler last night. ST today. Tomorrow is Christmas Tree pick up in the morning (don't they know I need to get my LR in )? I'll bring the kids and then go for my LR. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ BR - has her Christmas concert at preschool today. She's only been there for 2 weeks so I doubt she knows the songs very well. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ KR - made a cute list for Santa and included jewelry for me and a dollhouse for his sister. He's very thoughtful Smile. And he gets to retake the 2 words he missed on the spelling test. He studied for ever last night. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ NRR - I'm so done with my company! It is still one week before the announcement but at this point I feel like I want to leave even if they keep my office open. I feel like our new upper management has no respect for us.
          beckykay

Morning!  I am finally able to surface again after one rough week.

RR:  3 miles this morning, slow though.  Caught baby boy's cold and now we both are miserable.

TR:  Hot mess because I wouldn't let him eat gummies for breakfast.  Thanks dad.

NRR:  DH is going to be gone next week and the in laws come in on Friday.  We will have our christmas on Saturday while they are here.  I am no where near ready.   My house is a DISASTER!

FR:  Soup for the sick. 

Rgirl:  Hooray for dinner together!  I need to get the last bit of shopping done this weekend as well. 

Zorbs: I hope you can get some sleep woman!  LOL on the Christmas dinner. 

Bermy:  I always fancy a cheeseburger after a speed session, just not immediately afterwards Smile

CMG:  Oh my, stay put little boy!

Mrs.ZM:  I can't imagine any of us hating our SS.  Have fun at pinkalicious.

Mer:  LOL as the only one drinking the wine, that was me on Sunday.  I think I need a personal day for shopping, good idea! 

Cx2:  Boo on being sick, mine struck yesterday and it to the point I can barely swallow. Sad

Jm:  Good luck tomorrow!

ut oh, I hear bossman on the stairs.....

Leeleeche

KR/BR - forgot to mention that they both had dentist appointments and they both did great! No cavities!!!
              simone the cat

RR: 5 miles this morning ... my leg/hip started acting up after being quiet all week (it is due to nerve pain radiating from my back - very random.) It is literally a huge pain in my ass (and hip and knee)!!

KR:  has named all of the alleys around our house - things like "galoogalee" and "hoink", and if you say no, that's just an alley it doesn't have a name, he gets pissed and says "no, it's a street, I'm SERIOUS".

TR:  Such a big boy ... he was mistaken for a 4 yo at our holiday block party.  He's a brute!  But also very sweet and enjoys taking care of his "babies" (stuffed animals).

NRR:  Traveled for work earlier this week, and on my way home our flight was delayed 1 hour on the tarmac and I was squeezed into a middle seat.  And next to me was an obese person .... eating McDonalds.  I have very few food issues, but I cannot stand McDonalds.  The smell makes gag. It was like my own personal hell.

Starting with Page 2:

Twin - love that you did planks behind your desk!  Maybe I will do some too, if I can block off the glass in my office door Smile

lee - I'm so done at my company too!  Good luck to you!  I have something else in the works, but it's talking forever and I can't leave until I have something lined up.

becky - feel better!  When the kids are sick, I hate dreading when the illness is coming for me!  lol about the gummies.

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Going to run after work today since I'm off at 3. I think I'm actually going to hit my 20 mpw this week!

BR: His vocabulary has just exploded this past week. I heard scolding the dog by name rather than just saying "No, dog! Down, dog!" He dissolved into to tears this morning as I was dropping him off. He claimed a toy vacuum to play with and while he was giving me my kiss goodbye, another kid started playing with the vacuum and his face just crumpled and he started bawling. Sad  Oh well, he can't be too sad since he's usually the one stealing toys.

FR: Junky party food last night, something with chicken thighs tonight. DH hasn't been eating my cooking because "nothing sounds good except junk food." He's been cooking stuff like tator tots and chicken nuggets and letting the food in his lunch box spoil and its annoying me.

NRR: Holiday open house at work went well. R got tired so I left and didn't help with cleanup muahaha. Oh well, I spent a good 30 minutes this morning wiping sticky fingerprints off of everything and putting the furniture back where it goes so we're square now.  Today is DH's only day off this week- R was really happy to see him this morning (he hadn't seen DH since Monday since he got home so late every day) and snuggled in bed with him for a while. DH is on nights this weekend so I need to figure out some stuff to do out of the house. I'm thinking a Costco run and Santa pictures.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runswithrocky

CA - Cheddar, Ham, Egg, & Bread breakfast casserole! 

ER - Stroller walk + dogs last night. 

NRR - DH and I hardly spoke last night.  He was in a depressive mood, then took a big dose of Nyquil and was out by 8:45pm.  I was actually happy to go to bed early too.  So we avoided any real conversation.

FR - No idea tonight.  Either take-n-bake pizza or burritos (made from stuff we already have).  Probably burritos since we just paid another $1k in medical bills.  Ugh.  Hopefully next year is better from a medical bill perspective.  Just want to finally get ahead and not feeling like we are treading water. 

TR - Daycare is noting how she is really opening up recently saying "Hi" to everyone.  She now walks from the car into daycare without me carrying her and without getting distracted.  I've been working with her on this since I need her to be walking and holding my hand when I'm using the other hand for the new baby.  So far so good.  But man is she short.  I'm pitched halfway over to hold her hand.  Was 100% fine at daycare yesterday, yes, I'm the bad mom who sent my kid to school even though she vomited the night before.  Must've been a one time thing.  No temp, no nothing afterward.  So yay!

TR - Is sooooo close to being able to take her zip-up jacket off by herself.  We have to get one arm started for her but then she's got it!  And she's so proud of herself.  Oh and we're making progress on the pacifier front.  This morning when I got her out of her crib she threw her pacifier back in her crib of her own accord.  I have NEVER put her pacifier in her crib, so this was all her idea.  I hope this means that she thinks pacifier is for crib.  She gets annoyed now if the pacifier is clipped to her - she wants it off.  If we are eating and she happens to have the pacifier she hands it to me without wanting it back.  Hoping we are almost done with her being on a pacifier!  Although convincing DH is another, he thinks that she "needs" it. 

Didn't do planks last night due to early bedtime and DH funk, etc.  Will definitely do tonight, with the door closed so no animal interruptions!

Have a good one ladies!  I hope to be back to personals next week when I don't have so many deadlines.

Leeleeche

RG - how so you keep DS warm during your run? Happy Friday! ~~~~~~~~~ Zorbs - but what good is the @ss warmer if you can't use it in your car? ~~~~~~~~~~ Berry - I friggin hate Christmas parties! Just drunk people spreading their germs! My office dinner is nice though, no spouses, just 15 of us and we do secret Santa. I'm sure people get drunk but its after I leave. ~~~~<~~~~ carly - crossing my fingers that little boy stays put! he needs some more cooking! carly="" -="" crossing="" my="" fingers="" that="" little="" boy="" stays="" put!="" he="" needs="" some="" more=""></~~~~ carly - crossing my fingers that little boy stays put! he needs some more cooking!>
                      simone the cat

rg - that is an early morning!  Hope you have some energy later in the day - I have zero motivation to run after about 9 am.  Funny how that is.

zorbs - enjoy the rest day, and glad to hear that your butt warmer has survived.  How many people are coming over?

bermy - Shepard's pie sounds so good to me!  Such comfort food.  I bet you healthy-ed it up though.  Did you make the spinach pie yourself?

cmg - lol about the penguin house - it sounds horrific!  enjoy your Christmas party.  We have a lunch for group today, and then the bigger holiday party tonight, which I'm not going to.

mrszack - Hi!  I'm an irregular poster, don't think I've said "hi" yet, so hi!

mer - yay for snow?  More snow = more work right?  Enjoy your personal day for shopping, hope you get everything done quickly so you can grab a glass of wine Smile

cx2 - did you tell them to shut the eff up? Smile  People say stupid things.

shelby - hope ds feels better soon and that you escape it!  Sorry that it looks like date night is a no-go.

ca - lol about M!  Other peoples toddlers put on awesome clothing combos, but mine just wants to be naked - he's always stripping Smile  How about quiche for the ham?

superspike113

Honorary Old

NRR2- MIL changed her mind about wanting me to come down when she has surgery, so I think I'm going to go to Vegas with DH instead. He's going to go from M-S, and I think I'll fly down on Wednesday. I didn't love Vegas last time we went, but we went with DH's parents, and this time we will go with friends and actually go do stuff after 8 pm like see a show or something.

Late to the plank challenge- just did 1:14 in the conference room.

_________

runnergirl- I felt like crying yesterday and Wednesday because I was so ready for the weekend. I need to finish shopping too. 3:05 plank?!  I bow to you and your abs.

zorbs- I don't mind hosting if its DH's family or my mom's side, but I wouldn't ever invite my dad's side over for a big family dinner. Yay for ass warmer resurrection! Ugh I always feel hungover after taking nyquil/benadryl and it almost isn't worth it.

Bermy- I only run junk miles these days other than my impromptu stroller speedwork the other night LOL.  I like to drink chocolate milk or Muscle Milk Light right after a hard workout. I'm usually not very hungry after long runs/strenuous workouts, then I'm starving the next day.

CMG- what's your due date? My friend is due on the 21st and she's getting pretty miserable. I think I'm going to take R to visit her and cheer her up this weekend. She was the one that the doctor told her she was infertile after trying for 5+ years and then magically got pregnant by suprise, so I can't wait to meet little Josephine. I'm going to loan her a bunch of my baby stuff too, yeah for purging clutter!

mzm- have fun at the musical tonight- are they good at sitting and watching?

mer- we have had snow once so far and it was at the beginning of November- this is weird weather, but I'm not complaining because I've been running in shorts/skirts/capris in December!

cx2- sounds like she's growing!  You work at a university, right?

jmmiller- I often do 4-5.5 with the jogger, but rarely more than that AND I'm only pushing one kid who is in the 10-25%ile for weight. I think the reason why running with the jogger is easy for me is because I do it all the time and I'm used to it.  Good luck at your trail race! I want to do one sometime but I never train on trails.

shelbyjo- glad you are feeling better. Sorry DS is sick. R was sick twice in the last month and we had to cancel plans twice. Sucks.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

twinmom- I don't know about you, but 4 is usually the shortest I will run in the winter to make it worth how many items of clothing I have to wear. There is a 1.9 mile Jingle Bell fun run in town tomorrow that I usually do but am going to skip this year. They want like $20 for registration!   Is the Gate program an advanced program?  Kids won't  work hard in school unless its important to them. I was a 4.0 student, but school was my escape from a crappy home life and I was determined to work hard to be independent of my family ASAP.  RP has really struggled with her younger son who is a senior this year. He did really well freshman year, got terrible grades sophomore year, then has done a bit better last year and this year. He's a bright kid and actually really good all around, she is just having a hard time motivating him. He's doing better now that he started working at Starbucks and he sees that doing well in school is important so he doesn't get stuck in a minimum wage job the rest of his life.

Banshee- Boo at your shift work! DH has to do those hard turn arounds pretty often too and it sucks.

Lee- sorry about your work frustration. LOL some of the things you say makes me picture your DS like Manny off of Modern Family, except your DS isn't chubby and is a total ladies man Wink

Becky- My family christmas is next weekend. Stepmom says no gift exchange because its too early. YESSS! However I don't get out of buying gifts, they are going to come to my house on Christmas Day whether I like it or not. Hopefully they won't put me in the hospital this year. Maybe you could ask a friend to come help you clean with the promise you will help them clean for their family gathering in the coming weeks?

Simone- LMAO at the alley names. Is there a Diagon-Alley or Knockturn-Alley like on Harry Potter?  Sorry your sitting injury is still bugging you, my hip issue popped up on the other side this week. Grrr.

mrszackmorris

cmg: the penguin house sounds fun. there is a park near us that has all different lighted scenes and then you turn your radio to a certain station and they blink/etc along to the music.

mer: dh is opposite of your dh right now. he wants a TON of snow since he now has a 4 wheeler with a plow attached to it.  how many people are at your game night? you guys should play the game TIME'S UP. it our favorite at cousin cards.

cx2: my c is the epitomy of clinginess. he seriously cries even if i go out to garage. this morninghe balled when i was filling up the car with gas and he could see me through the window.

jmmiller: pizza night in our house too likely. just realized i bought some "good" frozen pizzas  Smile

runnergirl: c is 14 months old.

shelbyjo: great job with all your running!! that's fantastic!

car: i have a ham and broccoli casserol i like that is made in the microwave, but dh hates it so i never make it.

on to page 2....

twinmom_112002

Spike: Living in so cal I am only every putting on short and a tank to run. If I have to put on more, I head inside. I have a hard time getting out the door to less than 3. It just doesn't seem worth it to have to shower again with such low mileage. The gate program is that advance program. We just haven't found the carrot yet to make him want to get organized.

banshee: Have a good night at work!

lee: My dh runs a x-mas tree fundraiser for his high school soccer team. Their pick up is tomorrow morning as well. Reminds me I need to find the tree stand because dh always brings home one of the leftover trees. Love that your son included stuff for you and his sister on the santa list.

becky: Wow...mean mom not letting your kiddo eat gummy worms for breakfast Wink Hope the sickness passes quickly!

simone: There is nothing worse than the smell of McDonalds on an airplane. You should not be allowed to bring food like that into an enclosed space. I would have hurled.

spike: Have fun with santa! and at costco. That is shopping and a cheap dinner rolled into one at our house.